PDA

View Full Version : How to tank in Humania - Sandbar Lagoon

JaytB
07-07-2012, 05:32 PM
Hi all,

I found this really cool app called ‘Display Recorder’ for the iPad. It allows you to capture video from games on an iPad. It runs on a jailbroken model. The video quality (with standard settings) on the latest iPad is simply amazing (at least before uploading it to YouTube).

That said, jailbreaks are probably best not to be discussed on the forums (I got an infraction for it in the past), so please don’t post about them here.

Sooo… after finding this app, I thought it could be useful to record a video on ‘how to tank in Humania’.

Some disclaimers...

I just jumped into a random game to record a video as soon as I found the app. It was basically just a test to see if it worked. That’s why, in the beginning, I was switching to more tanking oriented gear (high dodge basically). Else I would’ve just been stopped every 2 seconds by an enemy pounding on my poor panda.
I’m not claiming my tanking was top notch and should be an example for everyone, in fact it could be far from it. I just thought it was good enough to show an example of grouping mobs together in the scatterbear infected Humania.
The white dots in the video are the touch controls. Since GCD (global cooldown), I’ve been spamming my skills to make sure I don’t miss one (hence the many white dots around my skills).
I'm using the minimap, so when I'm not looking back to my party or enemies, it doesn't mean I don't care :D
The cheesy music. Well, it took me a while to figure out how to add some audio to that video (complete noob here). I finally found out it could be fairly easy done with an editor linked from YouTube. I just picked a random song included in that video-editor (I just liked the song title ‘paralyzed’).
No animals or any other furry creatures where hurt during the filming of this video (except for that one that temporary passed out during our run).

Video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqFOQzUo204

I might make more of those videos, depending on the feedback.

Please leave your constructive comments below :D

edit: tried to get the video embedded properly

JaytB
07-07-2012, 05:35 PM
mm, somehow I can't view the video on my iPad :/

I'll fiddle around a bit...

Let me know if you have any problems viewing it :)

Whirlzap
07-07-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm pretty sure your panda took some fatal blows and got hurt pretty badly.

Whirlzap
07-07-2012, 05:43 PM
Oh, and what is this Cat Exercising?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=j_M1KeN9eL4&NR=1

ZHEOTARE
07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Video looks good.

I see Kongcoy has finally made a forum appearance. LOL

JaytB
07-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Oh, and what is this Cat Exercising?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=j_M1KeN9eL4&NR=1

Of course, Whirlz had to snoop around again :p

If I wasn't such a noob, I'd hide that video O.o

FluffNStuff
07-07-2012, 06:26 PM
And just outside of the frame of your video is birds frantically running back to kill the mobs that your level 7 becon slingshot behind you ;)

NECROREAPER
07-07-2012, 07:19 PM
Video quality looks pretty good, very smooth and easy to see everything.

As far as tanking goes, do you find that rounding em up like how we did in sewers works best? Ive been trying a variety of methods but haven't tried round ups yet.

JaytB
07-07-2012, 08:13 PM
And just outside of the frame of your video is birds frantically running back to kill the mobs that your level 7 becon slingshot behind you ;)

Of course you'd see that :o

Video quality looks pretty good, very smooth and easy to see everything.

As far as tanking goes, do you find that rounding em up like how we did in sewers works best? Ive been trying a variety of methods but haven't tried round ups yet.

Sewers, especially stronghold where designed almost perfect for roundups. The problem in Humania is, that it's an open space, and the enemies only follow you that far.

But yeah, rounding up to some extend is definitely possible. I'll probably make a less random run video soon, I just thought it was cool that I could record video, so decided to post it.

It was by no means a video to show perfect tanking, it was meant so show how to not just scatter mobs in all random directions :)

Whirlzap
07-07-2012, 08:22 PM
That's exactly why I miss sewers so much qq.
More sewer-like maps that require PvE skills pleaseeeeee

Dreuefesie
07-07-2012, 08:30 PM
it was meant so show how to not just scatter mobs in all random directions :)

I've seen so many scatter bears on elixirs since the update, but in thrash parties you an slightly get away with scattering cause there are other people who just clean it up in one more shot. :P

JaytB
07-07-2012, 09:23 PM
That's exactly why I miss sewers so much qq.
More sewer-like maps that require PvE skills pleaseeeeee

And the boss strategies in sewers... 'don't destroy the bins after they respawn! No AoE!', or the 'pull queen first', 'get away from me when I got the fever'... That's all missing in humania IMO.

It would be nice not to just make the bosses have higher HP and/or armor, when they become harder (as said by technoemail... Harder bosses when crafting sets come), but add some strategy to them. That was also part of the fun in sewers compared to humania.

Moogerfooger
07-07-2012, 09:31 PM
And the boss strategies in sewers... 'don't destroy the bins after they respawn! No AoE!', or the 'pull queen first', 'get away from me when I got the fever'... That's all missing in humania IMO.

It would be nice not to just make the bosses have higher HP and/or armor, when they become harder (as said by technoemail... Harder bosses when crafting sets come), but add some strategy to them. That was also part of the fun in sewers compared to humania.

Exactly. The bosses require absolutely zero strategy, even with no elixir. "Interesting boss design" is a phrase that seems to have been forgotten, because hey there are other games to design, heaven forbid some effort is put into new and interesting boss fights. But I digress :rolleyes:

Good vid...it is tougher to tank but can be done if a player possesses (and uses) three brain cells and uses the edges of the map near the water, and yes there are a lot of scatterbearz out there. What I don't get is bears on no elixir running in a party with a couple of elixir users constantly pulling beckons BACK BEHIND the lead players. I would type what I say when this happens, but I don't want to ruin Jay's nice thread :D

Thx for post!!!! Hopefully a few see it.

Kraze
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
But part of the fun with the new maps is seeing just how far the scatter bears can toss them...pretty sure I saw one all the back to the dark forest

FluffNStuff
07-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I've seen so many scatter bears on elixirs since the update, but in thrash parties you an slightly get away with scattering cause there are other people who just clean it up in one more shot. :P

Chasing scattered mobs on a thrasher timer is even less fun.

Truth Jay, that is the best I have seen a bear do in humania. The board is just plotted against them.

JaytB
07-07-2012, 09:55 PM
Chasing scattered mobs on a thrasher timer is even less fun.

Truth Jay, that is the best I have seen a bear do in humania. The board is just plotted against them.

Thx :)

It's that split decision where you have to choose to scatter 1 enemy vs being too late to get your combo in. When I'm on trasher and the rest of the group isn't, I go for the combo.

But yeah, as you said, the bord is plotted against us poor bears :)

Dreuefesie
07-07-2012, 10:35 PM
If it was like crypt runs, in the castles, it would be much easier for bears with all the corners they have and everything. Where scattering does not effect the speed of the runs as much.

Pandamoni
07-07-2012, 11:53 PM
Thanks for posting, Jay! Very cool and I always love to see how peoPle play their toons. Great thread!

Basswhole
07-07-2012, 11:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKtGlrTaS0Q&feature=youtube_gdata Tada!! I used that Display recorder thingy, tell me what you think. It was just a test by the way lol.
Edit: I think I had my finger over the audio thing lol sorry!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCFALHKh84&feature=youtube_gdata
Made another video guys! Hope you enjoy!

Faliziaga
07-08-2012, 01:16 AM
Thx for the video; first pl video i've been watching twice - hope there r a lot of bears that will watch it attentively! I like the music:star:

JaytB
07-08-2012, 04:10 AM
Thx for the nice comments :)

@basswhole: those videos of you look really cool. What device did you record them on?

Basswhole
07-08-2012, 08:18 AM
Thx for the nice comments :)

@basswhole: those videos of you look really cool. What device did you record them on?

IPad 2nd gen, and thanks!

ThePvpTwink
07-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Nice tanking. I've seen some tanks go so far ahead run back and get the whole team killed lol

JaytB
07-08-2012, 12:38 PM
Nice tanking. I've seen some tanks go so far ahead run back and get the whole team killed lol

Thx:)

And agreed, in fully potted group huge pulls aren't a problem. In non-potted groups you have to make your pulls a bit smaller if you don't want a total wipeout :)