PDA

View Full Version : Is that bears are better than others cause to get a bear item like the shock lance

Hamby
08-24-2010, 07:56 PM
You need a whole team of bears just to power level you know unless you gt xom with you maybe three but my point is that mages and archers have easier for them to get their pink gear like it took me two ttys to get me a Thoth talon and dagger of Osiris.
the thing is that they can breeze though with only one tank

That's why bears are better even If avain have a better chance at pvp

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 01:33 PM
You need a whole team of bears just to power level you know unless you gt xom with you maybe three but my point is that mages and archers have easier for them to get their pink gear like it took me two ttys to get me a Thoth talon and dagger of Osiris.
the thing is that they can breeze though with only one tank

That's why bears are better even If avain have a better chance at pvp

Use grammar PLAWX?

Nightarcher
08-26-2010, 03:19 AM
Especially the title. o_O

If you mean to say, "It's easy to complete harder levels with Ursans because they can tank," that is correct. Cookie for you. ^_^

kavanah
08-26-2010, 10:11 AM
Hey don't pick on Hamby's English... I like Hamby.

Cascade
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
Hey I like ham too! Yum...ham.

Royce
08-26-2010, 10:44 AM

Okay, well then can you explain to us what this post is asking/telling us? ;)
Because I've read it through a dozen times, and I have no idea...

FluffNStuff
08-26-2010, 11:09 AM

If this is the same Hamby from the game, then I also know and like Hamby, but for the life of me I can't understand the post.

kavanah
08-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Haha I don't really know either... but I mean its Hammmby! He's so nice in game.

BeardedBear
08-26-2010, 12:48 PM
Guys - all of you know better than to keep commenting on a this post, trying to figure what this guy meant. Not for nothing, hammmby does sound like a very friendly name though!

Royce
08-26-2010, 01:09 PM
I have a partial solution I believe. I think Hamby is asking about why it's easier to get wands and talons (int and dex pinks) than lances (Str pinks), and if it has to do with the bear being a superior rush farming character. The answer is that there are rare pinks for each class that are are on hard and easy levels. It's just that the Int and Dex weapons on easy levels (wands, talons, and daggers) are good items, while the Str weapons on an easy level, Djinn blades, have buggy level 25ish damage that has carried over from a bug when you could carry them with a shield. Anyway, they are terrible, so to farm good Str items you must do AO2:4, but AO2:5 is also a harder map and that's where Dex blaster, red bows, and Int Dark Matter drops.

kavanah
08-26-2010, 02:30 PM
I have a partial solution I believe. I think Hamby is asking about why it's easier to get wands and talons (int and dex pinks) than lances (Str pinks), and if it has to do with the bear being a superior rush farming character. The answer is that there are rare pinks for each class that are are on hard and easy levels. It's just that the Int and Dex weapons on easy levels (wands, talons, and daggers) are good items, while the Str weapons on an easy level, Djinn blades, have buggy level 25ish damage that has carried over from a bug when you could carry them with a shield. Anyway, they are terrible, so to farm good Str items you must do AO2:4, but AO2:5 is also a harder map and that's where Dex blaster, red bows, and Int Dark Matter drops.

You're like Sherlock Holmes... or maybe Watson. Either way good job inspector I think you've solved this one. =)

Kalielle
08-26-2010, 04:56 PM
You need a whole team of bears just to power level you know unless you gt xom with you maybe three

You hear that Xom, you're good enough to count as an extra 2 bears just for being there!! Yay Xom ftw! :D

Regarding bear weapons, it's true that rares are hard to obtain but in truth you don't strictly need them. The Djin Spear that even djins drop is an excellent weapon and not that rare. It's what I use on my pally and also on my farming bear a lot of the time, even though I have a Zuraz lance. Certainly it's a lot better than the more expensive Isis/Thoth Khopesh which doesn't break armor (unless you have some other players with you who can break armor for you). When I tried to solo the Bayou boss level I forgot to switch to my spear at first and was using the Khopesh... That turned into a fail very quickly. But with a spear you can do pretty much everything you need. Plasmas and lances are luxuries, not necessities.

Royce
08-26-2010, 07:21 PM
Regarding bear weapons, it's true that rares are hard to obtain but in truth you don't strictly need them. The Djin Spear that even djins drop is an excellent weapon and not that rare.

This is an excellent point, there is some argument over which is better, spear or lance (both have armor reducing procs but they behave differently), but the spear is at least among the very best, and IMO the best for a pally based on current evidence.

Hamby
08-28-2010, 01:48 PM
Royce that's what I wad talkin about I just check my post and sry for makin it so compicating