PDA

View Full Version : Trading platinum

RioMage
07-08-2012, 02:25 PM
This might sound like a funny suggestion to people but I have an idea about trading platinum in game to benefiet those w ho cannot buy platinum for whatever reason like, age maybe? Kids dont have jobs to buy this stuff, and most of our parents arent that fond of buying that kind of stuff. If I constantly asked them to buy game items, they would think im addicted and give me some work or something, lol. People can still buy platinum with money, I am not saying take that down. I just want sts to add an option for trading platinum. Does anyone disa gree? This would also help end of of those people trying to scam by trying to get your account info by tricking you into purchasing plat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to add in other suggestions on the topic

Deathpunch
07-08-2012, 02:28 PM
Yeah, then they would just scam you out of plat using the gold/item trade scams they do now, opening STS up to possible lawsuits because we are dealing with real world money. This won't happen. Suggestion: mow the neighbors lawns, take your earnings to your parents and give it to them to pay for the plat they will buy for you.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Vinilla1
07-08-2012, 02:32 PM
I agree that this will help stop scammers in PL SL and DL scammers are disliked alot

Sincerely,
Shooterpoo

Deathpunch
07-08-2012, 02:34 PM
How in the world would this stop scammers? If anything, it would increase them.

-----

RioMage
07-08-2012, 02:38 PM
Yeah, then they would just scam you out of plat using the gold/item trade scams they do now, opening STS up to possible lawsuits because we are dealing with real world money. This won't happen. Suggestion: mow the neighbors lawns, take your earnings to your parents and give it to them to pay for the plat they will buy for you.

-----

Regardless if they do it or not, scamming will still take place. Thats why sts encourages you to watch all trade sessions. On top of that, they are not responsible for trading failures. You would know that if you would read the policies. :-)

Energizeric
07-08-2012, 02:38 PM
I think this would mess up the game as those of us with lots of plat would be able to buy ourselves the items we want for not very much plat.

Vinilla1
07-08-2012, 03:09 PM
I just posted a new thread pls check it out

Deathpunch
07-08-2012, 05:11 PM
Regardless if they do it or not, scamming will still take place. Thats why sts encourages you to watch all trade sessions. On top of that, they are not responsible for trading failures. You would know that if you would read the policies. :-)

Be that as it may, let one of these kiddies get scammed out of $100 worth of plat and I bet these parents would haul STS into court claiming that they should have done something more. Besides, STS policies are ineffective at best. Look at all of the underage players in DL that are in direct violation of the ToS and nothing is done. *shrugs* Pointing at the policies probably undermines your argument more than it helps.

-----

Vinilla1
07-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I love pocket legends!

Buster
07-08-2012, 07:22 PM
I just posted a new thread pls check it out
-.- you cant advertise your thread in another persons thread...

Worship
07-08-2012, 07:23 PM
Yes, this is actually a good idea. When people say 'No, they'll scam you', don't worry about it. The scammed will learn and the scammers will learn when they get in trouble. It'll give ambassadors a job to do :wink:

Xionskull
07-08-2012, 07:42 PM
Sorry bruh, this would never cross the STS devs minds to implement. I'm on here everyday and I see people complaining how they got scammed out of gold. If your idea was implemented the complaining and scamming would be raised to the next lvl. Sts would even have to higher some more people to their support team :P.

X-man

Xionskull
07-08-2012, 07:51 PM
Heres a FEW reasons why this shouldn't be implemented.

1. This would be way easier and more fun for scammers to scam.

2. This would encourage younger players would are not allowed to buy platinum to scam others.

3. This would then lead to beginner scammed to raise them self to the next lvl and start becoming BIG time scammers- which would result in a ban.

4. This would increase support issues.

5. This would allow people to lose REAL LIFE money WAY more quick.

6. This would also anger people to the point of take STS to court Because of being scammed of REAL LIFE money.

7. This could result in people suing STS so much that they become bankrupt and they have to shut down pl and stop bringing us awesome new Games!

For all these reasons I strongly urge a negative ballet for this issue. tY! (end of story.)

HunterSLAYER
07-08-2012, 11:09 PM
This idea should not be implemented as it obviously gives potential scammers more reason to scam rich players.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Jblazer
07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
I honestly do like the suggestion of trading platinum,but however yes it will lead to more scams.

pvpownage
07-08-2012, 11:51 PM
I think it would be good if u could do an opposite like switch gold for plat instead of plat for gold.

Energizeric
07-09-2012, 12:50 AM
If this was to happen I could see very quickly that everyone would start using plat to trade and would no longer accept gold. Premium items would no longer be available for gold and gold itself would become pretty much worthless. That is the way economics works. Introduce a new better currency that people prefer and the old one becomes worthless.

RioMage
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Well, one of the main reasons I posted this thread because I was frusterated about not being able to buy some of the exilers that are non-buyable with gold. I am really tired of people purchasing thrasher exilers over and over and levelinwhole toons to like level 40 before I even reach 70. Now I am not saying that they have no right to do this, I am just tired of seeing it. Don't say, "well, thats why you can earn free platinum. No, I am not trying to wait like 2 weeks just to earn 20 platinum and then spend it all at once just for one thing. That's crap. Please consider what I am saying. If all exilers are made purchasible by gold, just make the more advanced ones a higher price.

HunterSLAYER
07-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Well, one of the main reasons I posted this thread because I was frusterated about not being able to buy some of the exilers that are non-buyable with gold. I am really tired of people purchasing thrasher exilers over and over and levelinwhole toons to like level 40 before I even reach 70. Now I am not saying that they have no right to do this, I am just tired of seeing it. Don't say, "well, thats why you can earn free platinum. No, I am not trying to wait like 2 weeks just to earn 20 platinum and then spend it all at once just for one thing. That's crap. Please consider what I am saying. If all exilers are made purchasible by gold, just make the more advanced ones a higher price.

If this was implemented they would have to switch to budget servers and layoff half their staff as they wouldn't make a profit anymore....
Honestly, 1mil isn't hard to earn....nor Is 10 mil the trick is to merch all day long.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2