PDA

View Full Version : Games.com Preview: Arcane Legends... the Legends series through a sieve

Samhayne
07-09-2012, 07:41 AM
13111 (http://blog.games.com/2012/07/06/arcane-legends-preview/)

Games.com talked recently with Spacetime Studios Design Director Eli Holding about Arcane Legends. Here is a clip from the article:

Arcane Legends wears these similarities and more on its sleeve. The point of this fourth iteration of the Legends series is to take everything that worked in the previous three games and make leftovers with them, scrumptious-looking leftovers. Take the combat system, for instance. As players go about their monster-bashing, loot-lusting adventures in the Arlor, they'll be well equipped with action-oriented combat tools à la Dark Legends, the developer's vampire-themed mobile MMO.

To show off this admittedly punchy combat, Holding gives a tour of one of the first dungeons in Arcane Legends, a mineshaft overrun by nasty goblins. As his warrior becomes surrounded with baddies in a battle with a goblin archer, One-Eye, (the boss character to this particular dungeon), he unleashes a charged-up special attack that pulverizes three monsters in a single blow. Then, Holding hacks into a barrel near a gang of enemies with the expected result: goblins go boom.

Click here to read the full article on Games.com (http://blog.games.com/2012/07/06/arcane-legends-preview/)

Livemau
07-09-2012, 07:53 AM
first

the energy system wasnt good i hope thats now brought in
but last night i had a dream (not pullin the MLK) and it was that there were two factions of players with similar classes like in skyrim the dark elves vs the high elves maybe this would be cool

Skeletonlord
07-09-2012, 10:10 AM
I will definitely playing this one when it is released in August. Practically another month and its out! Yeah! Who else is exited?

Worship
07-09-2012, 10:15 AM
They said in early fall, August-September, so it's coming soon! Can't wait!

Shaocalur
07-09-2012, 12:12 PM
Hmm, I'm looking forward to trying this out.

akfury
07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
sounds good lets hope they dont pull out another DL ... worst wait of my life

Walkhardd
07-09-2012, 02:02 PM
Lets hope this brings me back to sts!

MrKrone
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
but last night i had a dream (not pullin the MLK) and it was that there were two factions of players with similar classes like in skyrim the dark elves vs the high elves maybe this would be cool

Mau, i am in 53847284837% favor of your dream. Thatd be amazing, especially if there were items that dropped only for one faction but both factions could wear it.

Your dream is much better than the one i had last night. The pope kidnapped me and a friend and mutilated us ._.

Snakespeare
07-10-2012, 12:45 PM
They said in early fall, August-September, so it's coming soon! Can't wait!

Over the years we've come to take these dates with a grain of salt. It could go to October. Don't hold your breath. They will want it to be good on release, not a mad patch job.

The beta will probably be Chrome and Android, like DL, so the iOS users will have a way to at least start their toons on Chrome.

I'm sooooo looking forward to it, but it's best not to get expectations too high.

Commanderkeen
07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
Sounds awesome guys, really couldn't get into PL but this fantasy game looks good.

Aracnus
07-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I am lookin' forward to this, but i'd rather have SL updated than this come out XD

dreenise
07-11-2012, 01:25 AM
Mau, i am in 53847284837% favor of your dream. Thatd be amazing, especially if there were items that dropped only for one faction but both factions could wear it.

Your dream is much better than the one i had last night. The pope kidnapped me and a friend and mutilated us ._.

That's one weird dream man! :eek:

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk 2

Worship
07-11-2012, 01:28 AM
sounds good lets hope they dont pull out another DL ... worst wait of my life

Tell me about it.. It better not be a SL too. Started off good, then no updates.

Urqui
07-11-2012, 01:49 AM
As long as AL has the feel of PL & SL. Also, no more gloomy looks like DL.
Can't wait :)

P.s. The page doesn't really give out any information that hadn't already been given out on other sites:P
>.<

Deathpunch
07-11-2012, 12:31 PM
Wait, wait, wait. Back the truck up. Eli Holding is the Design Director on AL? That would explain why we couldn't find him in DL.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.