PDA

View Full Version : Founder's Helm for SL?

Jedispartan
07-09-2012, 02:01 PM
Just hit me that its been a year since SL released. And since the Founder's in PL does wonders, I think a Founder's in SL is an appropriate gift for those that have played for a year :)

Shaocalur
07-09-2012, 02:16 PM
Yeah that would be cool but it seems the devs have they're hands tied with the Infested Deck event.

Read here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62160-Star-Legends-Infested-Deck-Update

Matutd
07-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Sorry, I don't think they should be implemented. Or they should have no stats

Zaonabiuibil
07-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Sorry, I don't think they should be implemented. Or they should have no stats

Why not? So PL will once again be ahead?

Matutd
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
No, so the complaining stays in pl -.-

Kanozaki
07-09-2012, 02:28 PM
id have to agree with matutd , would be a huge disadvantage but a founders vanity would be nice to have.

Staryknight
07-09-2012, 02:29 PM
Vanity items should not have stats. Their only purpose should be to look cool. I don't care if they add founders helms or not but they should not have any stats associated with them.

Kaytar
07-09-2012, 02:30 PM
Everyone that played PL before SL was released was waiting for it. So a lot of people would have the helm

Kanozaki
07-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Everyone that played PL before SL was released was waiting for it. So a lot of people would have the helm

i would beg to differ , most of the beta players or many old players in the matter dont play any more . I would say out of current population perhaps 25% ? maybe even less

octavos
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
The closest thing to a founders is an arbitor helm. Founders should have more of a meaningful description since some ppl were in SL from day 1 and supporting development for DL and AL we have spent our share of dinero also like PL ppl (Educated Guessing mate)..and no stats please don't need drama regarding a set bonus don't ya'know. ;)

Kaytar
07-09-2012, 02:43 PM

i would beg to differ , most of the beta players or many old players in the matter dont play any more . I would say out of current population perhaps 25% ? maybe even lessThat's their problem they quit. Even though they are offline, the helm would still be in their inventory, correct?

Kanozaki
07-09-2012, 02:50 PM
That's their problem they quit. Even though they are offline, the helm would still be in their inventory, correct?

Ah correct , forgot that the vanities were given out like that.

Paar
07-09-2012, 02:54 PM
Sounds like a Deal to me.

Cahaun
07-09-2012, 03:06 PM
Why is it always a helmet? :rolleyes:

Kanozaki
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM

a pet would be cool imo

Taipan
07-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Lol ikr?!
Would be nice for a pet or something
Edit: Ninja'd by kanozaki

Worship
07-09-2012, 03:10 PM
a pet would be cool imo

Yes! A wittle baby kitty cat :D

Staryknight
07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Don't ask for a pet. They'll come up with something cool and unique then one month later they'll just make another version with new colors and have it drop from mobs -_-

Otukura
07-09-2012, 03:17 PM
I don't think it should happen, founders was given out in PL to those who supported STS when it was still a start up - it was fairly well established by the time SL came out.

disclosure: my acc was created on the first day of SL beta.

Floating
07-09-2012, 03:20 PM
Just hit me that its been a year since SL released. And since the Founder's in PL does wonders, I think a Founder's in SL is an appropriate gift for those that have played for a year :)

You sir are a greey poopy pony... 1 year is different than 3 years pl exists and sl was the meta of pl so dont expect such a reward because ios did not have the game before androids... Sorry if i am harse but this topic is very sensitive to me

Kanozaki
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think it should happen, founders was given out in PL to those who supported STS when it was still a start up - it was fairly well established by the time SL came out.

lmao your sig <3 it

octavos
07-09-2012, 03:25 PM

With a different term IMO...since people who dont play PL need something different. Sorry, but not all ppl who play SL play PL.

my observation that maybe a different term "Founder" should be changed since its highly criticized....maybe Explorer helm, or SL day 1 crew. This has no intent to flame the PL founders but to have our own little peace of the pie....founders should stay in PL...but we need a new term so its not confused with "Founder"

Some new terms:
Explorer Helm
Beta Jockeys
The first space cadets
The proud supports of DL and AL
Death in Space
ect...

can you think of any?

*Zero*
07-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Dont need a founders helm. As I'm one of the few beta players still playing but a cool veterans vanity would be sweet for all the SL community not just a select few. But lets let them worry about the new stuff they're working on.

Jedispartan
07-09-2012, 03:35 PM
You sir are a greey poopy pony... 1 year is different than 3 years pl exists and sl was the meta of pl so dont expect such a reward because ios did not have the game before androids... Sorry if i am harse but this topic is very sensitive to me

Yes but the founder wasn't granted at the 3 year mark. I just think something should be given to those that were playing SL since its birth.

octavos
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Dont need a founders helm. As I'm one of the few beta players still playing but a cool veterans vanity would be sweet for all the SL community not just a select few. But lets let them worry about the new stuff they're working on.

i think we would be happy with anything right about now lol.

luislopaz
07-09-2012, 03:50 PM
Platinum sword of nohold lv 20 (legendary weapon) anyone need

Cahaun
07-09-2012, 03:55 PM

well I DO think so...with a different term IMO...since people who dont play PL need something different. Sorry, but not all ppl who play SL play PL.

my observation that maybe a different term "Founder" should be changed since its highly criticized....maybe Explorer helm, or SL day 1 crew. This has no intent to flame the PL founders but to have our own little peace of the pie....founders should stay in PL...but we need a new term so its not confused with "Founder"

Some new terms:
Explorer Helm
Beta Jockeys
The first space cadets
The proud supports of DL and AL
Death in Space
ect...

can you think of any?
Ghost speaks the best thing ever. As for different terms:
Scruffy-looking Noob-herder (Ty Han Solo)
Space Explorer
Dirty Vular Hater
Juicer (Elixer buyers)

Buster
07-09-2012, 04:00 PM
Platinum sword of nohold lv 20 (legendary weapon) anyone need
A) wrong game B) wrong section C) random and D) dnt sell ur items in a thread that has nothin to do with selling

Paar
07-09-2012, 04:01 PM
As alot of us forumers were Beta Players, and some are still playing and many haven't registered yet. I think a "Veteran Helmet" is a good idea. STS has already made a post in the past about introducing a Veterans' Helmet.

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 04:02 PM
As alot of us forumers were Beta Players, and some are still playing and many haven't registered yet. I think a "Veteran Helmet" is a good idea. STS has already made a post in the past about introducing a Veterans' Helmet.
PAAR I THOUGHT YOU QUIT FORUMS!Admit it did I convince you?

Cero
07-09-2012, 04:11 PM
yea, i would like a "veteran's vanity"

well after updates are done.

Snakespeare
07-09-2012, 04:15 PM
It has not been a year. It went to BETA for a month first.

Xaphan Fox
07-09-2012, 05:26 PM
I say put in a founders helm, and it should have boss set bonus.
I dun care what the cry cry minority have to say. If STS has learned anything from their recent foray into the game development world: people will complain no matter what you do.
So why not have the stuff be cool. It won't change the end result. Sk8trs gunna Sk8. I've been around since beta, Ive spent my fair share of rent on SL and DL. Let the people late to the dinner table get their scraps while those of us who showed up promptly and helped make the meal get our first picks of the meat.

woof

Deathpunch
07-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Shoot, one year exactly for me today, where muh hat at?

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

Paar
07-09-2012, 05:37 PM
Alot of people may have missed the 36 cap and may not have gotten a Helm. A Veterans Helmet would make many happy.

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Alot of people may have missed the 36 cap and may not have gotten a Helm. A Veterans Helmet would make many happy.

Very true.

razerfingers
07-09-2012, 05:46 PM
i would beg to differ , most of the beta players or many old players in the matter dont play any more . I would say out of current population perhaps 25% ? maybe even less

Im part of that 25% :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 06:00 PM
Im part of that 25% :)

Dang dude he used the can again.xD

TheRook
07-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Love the ideas but wouldn't a new lvl cap and the event. Already promised to us. Be better

Cahaun
07-09-2012, 08:03 PM
Love the ideas but wouldn't a new lvl cap and the event. Already promised to us. Be better
Anything would

Elyseon
07-09-2012, 08:17 PM
As some wise forumer once said, i forget who it was, maybe redryder, the founders helm is for the founders of spacetime which started in PL, also how does this put PL ahead it's not like there's crossgame matches o_O

razerfingers
07-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Dang dude he used the can again.xD

Hah! Yes

akfury
07-09-2012, 08:52 PM
i wouldnt mind a founders helm just no stats please

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Yeah no stats,wait what if they added little stats to the one you earn and to this helmet it would be no stats.But you could only get the helmet.

Lowlyspy
07-09-2012, 11:17 PM
No stats on it to break pvp then sure, i wouldn't complain.

*note: Closed beta player who doesn't pvp, i just don't want to see all the whining that comes with a vanity with stats.*

HunterSLAYER
07-09-2012, 11:25 PM
No stats or we riot!!!!

Jk.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Jblazer
07-09-2012, 11:29 PM
Lol rioting would be fun...

KillaSkillz
07-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Well idk if I been playing a year, but in my opinion, a year of play is not a founder. A founder is someone that's been around since the begining. It should be something really boss and without stats, but it should be limited to the people that joined the game in the first month or less of it being available.

Now if you wanted to do a vetran (i know I mispelled, i'm half awake :) ) vanity for 1 year, 2 yrs, and so on I could be on board with it.
But founder anything should be for a select few that were around at the beginning.

Zaonabiuibil
07-10-2012, 08:03 AM
No stats on it to break pvp then sure, i wouldn't complain.

*note: Closed beta player who doesn't pvp, i just don't want to see all the whining that comes with a vanity with stats.*

Meh. Already vanity pets with stats. But yeah, agree.

~A~
07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Well idk if I been playing a year, but in my opinion, a year of play is not a founder. A founder is someone that's been around since the begining. It should be something really boss and without stats, but it should be limited to the people that joined the game in the first month or less of it being available.

Now if you wanted to do a vetran (i know I mispelled, i'm half awake :) ) vanity for 1 year, 2 yrs, and so on I could be on board with it.
But founder anything should be for a select few that were around at the beginning.this is sl so the beginning WAS a year ago

KillaSkillz
07-10-2012, 09:24 AM
this is sl so the beginning WAS a year ago

Yeah I get that. What I mean was it shouldn't go to someone on 10 or 11 months, or anyone that reaches one year. Maybe that first week would be the longest I would lile to see it go. Or maybe for people that reserved and started from day one only.

Founder should be special. Then again, they could just offer a new color of antennas and say "there you go founders helm!"

Deathpunch
07-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Man, we're all barking at the moon. STS isn't going to give the vets any sort of founders helm. Sadly. I know I would enjoy mine.

-----

Snakespeare
07-11-2012, 12:13 PM
That means only Verizon customers who used certain Android devices that were skinned for Verizon and had the most up-to-date version of Android, and finally was able to use Vcast Store app, are founders.

All the Apple people who hung on through the long drought, I think it took six weeks, are automatically eliminated from being a Founder.

Now... I missed Founder status on PL by 10 days. Are you really going to take it from me in SL, too?

HunterSLAYER
07-11-2012, 12:22 PM
That means only Verizon customers who used certain Android devices that were skinned for Verizon and had the most up-to-date version of Android, and finally was able to use Vcast Store app, are founders.

All the Apple people who hung on through the long drought, I think it took six weeks, are automatically eliminated from being a Founder.

Now... I missed Founder status on PL by 10 days. Are you really going to take it from me in SL, too?

I got the beta from xda(op was updating it with every client update within a day).
Xda ops never sleep,that's all I know. XD

Founders or no founders,founders with stats or no stats, it really depends on whether sts would even accept this suggestion or not.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Floating
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
Yes but the founder wasn't granted at the 3 year mark. I just think something should be given to those that were playing SL since its birth.

Then they should give me something for playing SL the last week of july :P PL was the "father" of legends games and thats why founders helms were awarded. SL came as a result of PLs success and if pl was not sucesful enough sl would not come out. PLs growth was based on the first "pack" of people who joined and helped devs both economically and bugwise to improve the game and make it what it is right now. When SL came out there was not the same environment. I am really really exhausted to explain its environment atm so I hope you understand my point

Dahitman
07-11-2012, 01:25 PM

I still play hardcore and look or looked forward to a founders helm or some sort of thank you* for being a continued supporter of spacetime studios. I've been here since beta as well so your not the only one. Reward those players who show continued support. Although I first joined PL a couple month's after the beginning and missed out on that helm, I thought it was pretty cool to see the players who had been playing since the beginning. I had no ill will towards them. I looked at it as being pretty cool. (Two cents)

Deathpunch
07-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Not true. I'm on Sprint and I was part of the Vcast beta crew.

-----

Snakespeare
07-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Not true. I'm on Sprint and I was part of the Vcast beta crew.

Still, my point was, if you restrict Founder status to Vcast beta people, then it's a slap in the face for all the iOS users who waited through the long drought.

octavos
07-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Still, my point was, if you restrict Founder status to Vcast beta people, then it's a slap in the face for all the iOS users who waited through the long drought.

PL had the same issue since PL ppl were iOS users not android. wasn't PL an exclusive to iOS before it came to android? hence the android event right.
but still to make it fair...it shouldn't be called a "founder helm" and not limited to beta players, but players who played even a few months after beta.

the original peeps....

When the team envisioned the “Founder’s Helm” it was just as the name implies – a genuine thank you item for the people who have been with us since the very beginning. We have gone ahead with that concept. Today’s game update granted accounts that were created in April or May of 2010 and logged in during the last week this unique, class specific helm.

While discussing the idea of a unique show of gratitude for our original players, we touched upon the concept of Veteran Rewards. For those who aren’t familiar with a Veteran Rewards program, it is a system of giving rewards to accounts based on the age of the account. We really like the concept of rewarding our loyal players for sticking with Pocket Legends.

Rather than taking something like the Founders Helm and quickly turning it into a Veteran Reward, we’d rather take the time to do it right and create a more robust system of Veteran Rewards. We know that we would be nowhere without our fans.

IMO the 1st 2 months of playing SL even if it was in beta. Still SL it shouldn't be called a founder...it should be a Loyalist Helm for lack of updates.
same rules would apply to SL players.

Deathpunch
07-11-2012, 04:03 PM

Sort of like how Android users waited, what, six months, for pocket legends? Still, I see your point.

-----

Swimmingstar
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I think most people didn't quit, their just playing other games or PL until SL comes up with a new campaign or something smaller but still big like the Infested Deck.

KillaSkillz
07-11-2012, 08:27 PM
I think most people didn't quit, their just playing other games or PL until SL comes up with a new campaign or something smaller but still big like the Infested Deck.

Maybe so. There hasn't been a patch for fixes even in over a month. The game feels abandoned. pl got their update. dl got a cap increase (although pretty much reused content, and new weapons/gems),and they are working on that new game too. But here they can't even be bothered to check in on forum unless someone complains about a post. More people every day are finding other things to do and as they do the chances of them not returning get higher and higher. I know people that gave up on it. It's not as rare of an occurance as I would like.

I would like to believe everyone is sitting in a holding pattern, and when the content comes, it doesn't dry up. Dl is planning another update in another month, if there is no new content here everyone will go there instead, and again some will just find other things to do get busy and not return. It's entertainment, it has to remain entertaining for longevity.