PDA

View Full Version : Can we all stop 'teaming' on others mistakes?

Swimmingstar
07-10-2012, 04:05 PM
This will probably be locked but I've seen enough of it.

People posting useless things and 1 person maybe helping or correcting them and either way a bunch of people follow with that person and turn it into an all vs one flame war.

Everyone says/posts useless things sooner of later, everyone.

Just thought I needed to remind everyone to be nice. *cough, cough, not that you agree to it by pressing play, and posting on these forums, and not that it also says it in-game in the chat box whenever you go to another map.

Walkhardd
07-10-2012, 04:09 PM
Agreed.

Edit: we don't discuss these things on the forums. Email STs.

Ib4dalock

CrimsonTider
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
Sorry Swim but most of us get bored and use the useless, inappropriate threads as comic relief. It's the little things in life thatcmakes us happy.

;)

McBain
07-10-2012, 04:30 PM
It's a nice thought, but, much like world peace, it'll prolly never happen.

Worship
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah they do have a problem not staying on subject. 'Favorite Bible Verse' <-- this thread is an excellent example about what you are talking about.

Windwaiker
07-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Im sick of seeing all the "junk guide parodies." It was funny the first time, but not anymore.

Elyseon
07-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Im sick of seeing all the "junk guide parodies." It was funny the first time, but not anymore.
So u don't want want my 'how to make people sick of your joke guides: the guide'?

Buster
07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
So u don't want want my 'how to make people sick of your joke guides: the guide'?
:eek: I do!

Deathpunch
07-10-2012, 06:49 PM

Make a poll.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.

plmafiaboss
07-10-2012, 07:09 PM

Make a poll.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.what if he doesnt know how :o u shud make a guide on how to make a poll

Jblazer
07-10-2012, 07:30 PM
This will probably be locked but I've seen enough of it.

People posting useless things and 1 person maybe helping or correcting them and either way a bunch of people follow with that person and turn it into an all vs one flame war.

Everyone says/posts useless things sooner of later, everyone.

Just thought I needed to remind everyone to be nice. *cough, cough, not that you agree to it by pressing play, and posting on these forums, and not that it also says it in-game in the chat box whenever you go to another map.
I agree

Whirlzap
07-10-2012, 08:02 PM
I don't understand.

I'm sleepy. I hope this thread will still be here tomorrow since I'm gonna take a nap now.

onemadzhau
07-10-2012, 08:12 PM
Sorry Swim but most of us get bored and use the useless, inappropriate threads as comic relief. It's the little things in life thatcmakes us happy.

;)

Plz don't take too much offence to this cause you're usually pretty good on here but, let me get this right, it is now acceptable to amuse ourselves by making other ppl feel dumb? I understand plenty of threads that get posted are unnecessary at best but why pick on them? Why bully?

Otukura
07-10-2012, 08:20 PM
y u all team swim?!?!

HunterSLAYER
07-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Down with flamers I don't flame.

Just saying.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

CrimsonTider
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Plz don't take too much offence to this cause you're usually pretty good on here but, let me get this right, it is now acceptable to amuse ourselves by making other ppl feel dumb? I understand plenty of threads that get posted are unnecessary at best but why pick on them? Why bully?

First, I don't get offended on forums. Everyone has a right to speak up.

Now.... Did I say we bully them? Nope. Did I even say we make fun of the poster? Nope. I personally like to find things said within the threads to make a joke or lighten the mood when things get out of hand.

Other times I will tell them what they need to hear: the truth. That is the problem with the internet and a vast majority of peole who post on these forums. They feel as if they can hide behind a keyboard/IGN/screen and say whatever. If people don't read the forum rules or game TOS and do things that are inappropriate or just flat out disregard the rules which are clearly set in place, then I have no problem clearing things up whether that be in a joking manner or telling it as it should be.

I've said it once and I will say it again: Noone has ever, nor will they ever, see me bully or treat a forumer inappropriately. I have been harsh at times, but until a dev/mod tells me to tone it down, I will continue to be the same Crim I have been in the last 1,839 posts.

And for the record, I am the head of an anti-bullying group at our school whom has many community sponsors. Just to help clear the air.

Deathpunch
07-10-2012, 09:51 PM
what if he doesnt know how :o u shud make a guide on how to make a poll

You're right, but first I should make a poll to see if I should make a guide on making polls so that Ely could use it to make a poll on whether or not he should make a guide on making guides. Then, if all that passes I'll be able to use his guide on making guides to make my guide on making polls.

-----

Suentous PO
07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I agree with op, and yet also disagree with thin skins and the ever present desire to be the victim for some.
Laugh now cry later, life's short.

onemadzhau
07-10-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm sry but I'm still gonna stand by what I said. Poking fun at ppl (who obviously didn't know better) for your own amusement is still a type of bullying weather you like to admit it, it is. I didn't say you were the one making fun of someone your earlier post said did. A simple solution would have been " although its nice you found the forums nicely, it is unnecessary to have these smaller guides many of them are self explanatory" and maybe even a "welcome to the forums" at the end. I'm done I've said all I had to say. Thanks I hope this ends here

CrimsonTider
07-10-2012, 10:50 PM
I'm sry but I'm still gonna stand by what I said. Poking fun at ppl (who obviously didn't know better) for your own amusement is still a type of bullying weather you like to admit it, it is. I didn't say you were the one making fun of someone your earlier post said did. A simple solution would have been " although its nice you found the forums nicely, it is unnecessary to have these smaller guides many of them are self explanatory" and maybe even a "welcome to the forums" at the end. I'm done I've said all I had to say. Thanks I hope this ends here

Please point out where any of us said we make fun of or bully anyone. I said we use unecessary posts for comic relief. Never said that the remarks are directed towards the poster. It is funny how a few months ago, (before AoA/AoB/AoC) everyone complained about policing and how noone had fun on the forums. Now, it seems noone can joke or have fun in a thread without being called "bullies."

Funny how things go around...

Sryyoulose
07-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I like a laugh... If we wanted to be serious and go hardcore we'd just play O&C

McBain
07-10-2012, 11:16 PM
I hear what you're sayin', Swim, but I honestly don't see much of any bullying or offensive stuff going on here on the forums. Everybody seems pretty friendly here to me. Sometimes maybe others take offense when they're corrected by someone else, but it's not meant to be insulting.

Is this a response to certain thread started earlier today? Just curious, because if that the case and it's the thread I'm thinking about, the poster was obviously trolling. Even then, the responses were pretty much all of the policing type and not inflammatory IMO.

CrimsonTider
07-10-2012, 11:24 PM
I hear what you're sayin', Swim, but I honestly don't see much of any bullying or offensive stuff going on here on the forums. Everybody seems pretty friendly here to me. Sometimes maybe others take offense when they're corrected by someone else, but it's not meant to be insulting.

Is this a response to certain thread started earlier today? Just curious, because if that the case and it's the thread I'm thinking about, the poster was obviously trolling. Even then, the responses were pretty much all of the policing type and not inflammatory IMO.

I owe you a "thanks" or "thumbs up". Darn you STS for your limitations!! :)

StompArtist
07-11-2012, 09:15 AM
I'm too immature to follow this valuable advice. :D

morfic
07-11-2012, 09:30 AM
meh. Lighten up.

StompArtist
07-11-2012, 09:30 AM
meh. Lighten up.

You did not capitalize the "M" in "meh", you monumental noob!

morfic
07-11-2012, 09:37 AM
You did not capitalize the "M" in "meh", you monumental noob!

That was on purpose. If I were to capitalize the first letter of the sentence, then it would show that it was a thoughtful/serious response. Leaving the first letter lowercase, shows the disdain and lack of caring in my post.

Ya ignorant squirrel wannabe!

StompArtist
07-11-2012, 09:40 AM
That was on purpose. If I were to capitalize the first letter of the sentence, then it would show that it was a thoughtful/serious response. Leaving the first letter lowercase, shows the disdain and lack of caring in my post.

Ya ignorant squirrel wannabe!

Reported! LOL

plmafiaboss
07-11-2012, 10:13 AM
what if he doesnt know how :o u shud make a guide on how to make a poll

You're right, but first I should make a poll to see if I should make a guide on making polls so that Ely could use it to make a poll on whether or not he should make a guide on making guides. Then, if all that passes I'll be able to use his guide on making guides to make my guide on making polls.

-----
This post has +5 to topic derailment.yu shud make a poll on.if you should make a guide to help me not get confused while reading that

Rare
07-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Teaming shows strong community relationships. Its our chance to all band together against a common foe.

Deathpunch
07-11-2012, 10:19 AM
yu shud make a poll on.if you should make a guide to help me not get confused while reading that

Lol, ikr!? Took me a couple edits because I confused myself.

-----