PDA

View Full Version : Searching for a Laptop- help

undertheradar
07-11-2012, 02:06 AM
Hey guys.

On September 28th, I'll be embarking on a very important part of my life (starting college :D). Anyway, as a little background, I know a little about tech and I'm not a complete moron. Anyway, I have $2,000 to spend, and that has to be on a printer as well as a Laptop. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions?

Seiyen
07-11-2012, 05:58 AM
Go for macbook pro,if u wnna do gaming then alienware....

-Raghav

HunterSLAYER
07-11-2012, 06:13 AM
Go for macbook pro,if u wnna do gaming then alienware....

-Raghav

NEVER EVER buy MacBook pro.(even though it looks nice with the silver finish.)

My ex-college mates have always complained about the pathetic compatibility of the laptop.
Worse of all, its specs are low-end as compared to typical windows laptops.(He doesn't have the budget to buy the powerful retina versions of the new macbooks.)

I personally use linux(you won't understand so plz don't use it) because it has the least viruses and its really good for my Android developing purposes.

This is coming from an expert IT user(and developer) with many years of extensive experience in developing as well as Java(Netbeans,Eclipse),C++,PHP(facebook),Android GUI,etc.

Bottomline is, mac sucks and should you choose to buy it,you will have the worst experience of your life.

Now don't give me that "I can use Windows on bootcamp crap" cos it has been proven that even with windows on your mac, "you can only go so far."(if you understand what I mean.)

Personal opinion from years of usage of Windows,Mac and Linux.

P.s Do thorough research on your desired laptop before you buy it.
Don't just look at the design and price.
Go for Asus laptops as they are the cheapest and even a mid-end Asus laptop can play COD MW3@"EXTRA"Graphics(cos I have one.)

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Seiyen
07-11-2012, 06:58 AM
Lol mine macbook pro works like heaven!

-Raghav

Xionskull
07-11-2012, 07:00 AM
If you want a not do expensive go for a Windows 7 laptop. More expensive is the Mac book pro, and the Mac book air. Ok for some of the best prices on laptops fit for you check out tigerdirect.com. Hp laptops go for around 500$ and they are good but seriously check out tigerdirect.