PDA

View Full Version : More booting before boss...

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 10:21 AM
Because I'll make this whenever some random high level boots everyone for loot when they helped clear the whole dungeon.
Also because I just won't spare anymore pity for those who boot like that.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/needpokemonnimi/b4d855b5.jpg
And the worse part, this kid even admits to booting everyone
http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab144/needpokemonnimi/f47c236a.jpg

Rare
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Some people never going to learn.

Ptaka
07-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Is there even anything to gain by booting right before the boss? The drop rate is what it is for each individual person.

FluffNStuff
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
Was this in Humania? Too bad we can't administer soap beatings in game to get players to fall in line. Perhaps we need an emote for that.

Arsenal
07-11-2012, 10:36 AM
just an fyi, they cant "boot for loot" because everyone has their own chance at loot, having you in the game doesnt affect his chances, which just proves your point, booting nefore bosses is pointless... and mean:(

Chopper
07-11-2012, 10:39 AM
Was this in Humania? Too bad we can't administer soap beatings in game to get players to fall in line. Perhaps we need an emote for that.

how is it bannable??

FluffNStuff
07-11-2012, 10:42 AM
how is it bannable??

It is not bannable, but it is clearly soap beatable.

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 10:45 AM
Well, it is considered ruining a player's experience and that is considered horrible if you look at ToS.

Not directly bannable, but after several warnings, probably a possible Temp Ban.

And yeah, the ironic truth is, there actually isn't anything you achieve with booting before boss. It doesn't affect your individual pink drop rate in any way.

Oh, and this is in SSC.

CodyBearr
07-11-2012, 11:07 AM
At least the boot reason wasn't "my loot!" or "I think you might get pink so bye" at boss... I've seen them all (mainly in ssc, fang & swamps)

I always reported screen shot or text report but idk what ever happens... Oh well, on to the next one

LookBehindMe
07-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Ok so this reminds me the other day when I was lvling my toon ( lvl 7 at the time) I joined a skeleton cult crypt that was hosted by a lvl 70.
So I get in and there is a 68, 70 and two other lower lvls like me.
So the 68 and 70 start pulling all the bosses to the main room and tell us all to come back for the xp/drops, as soon as we do they stop attacking and let us take the damage and start calling us noobs, losers.
So I ignore them and kite and start attacking the bosses np.
So then I get booted with the reason " die you noob".

*sigh* I told em they would see about it in the forums and the 68 said sry and said that it was his friends idea that they would stop.

LADYHADASSA
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I has this happen a few rimes in new maps nothing is more aggrivating and indeed makes peeps mad. I can understand at the beginning of a game somone is per lvl farming etc. but why are peeps are booting at boss is a question that remains.

The excuse i was given one day was "wrong way" while we where at boss... Ummmm seriousley

LADYHADASSA
07-11-2012, 11:17 AM
It is not bannable, but it is clearly soap beatable.
Rofl fluff love the soap deal rofl!!!

HunterSLAYER
07-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Because I'll make this whenever some random high level boots everyone for loot when they helped clear the whole dungeon.
Also because I just won't spare anymore pity for those who boot like that.

Names will only lead to flame wars.
Kindly mask the names in your screenshots and remove listed names in your main post.
Contact support@spacetimestudios.com and i'm sure they will resolve your problems.
Thanks.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

JaytB
07-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Kindly mask the names in your screenshots and remove listed names in your main post.
Contact support@spacetimestudios.com and i'm sure they will resolve your problems.
Thanks.

You seem to like that quote :D

Kindly mask the names in your screenshots and remove the listed names in your thread as this might lead to a flame war if "they" happen to visit the forums and saw your thread.

With regards to drama, if they acted/you feel that they actually acted inappropriately, pls contact support@spacetimestudios.com and i'm sure that they would help you resolve your problems.

CrimsonTider
07-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure Whirlz knows how to report. Using the screenies with names MAY be a no-no but this is one of those cases where I personally don't care (as the same will be with most vets.)

I am an advocate for this to be a bannable offense, especially when they beg for it. Also, in a case like this where the individual makes it clear that he/she does it all the time, this post helps to educate the community for names to watch out for.

And +1 for a Full Metal Jacket style soap beating Fluff! Haha

FluffNStuff
07-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm pretty sure Whirlz knows how to report. Using the screenies with names MAY be a no-no but this is one of those cases where I personally don't care (as the same will be with most vets.)

I am an advocate for this to be a bannable offense, especially when they beg for it. Also, in a case like this where the individual makes it clear that he/she does it all the time, this post helps to educate the community for names to watch out for.

And +1 for a Full Metal Jacket style soap beating Fluff! Haha

Also not a fan of calling out names, because you could tarnish their reputation with out any evidence. This is different, because the name happens to show up in a screen shot, and if someone does not realize that everything they say and do can be screen shot then they really should not be using technology :)

HunterSLAYER
07-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Also not a fan of calling out names, because you could tarnish their reputation with out any evidence. This is different, because the name happens to show up in a screen shot, and if someone does not realize that everything they say and do can be screen shot then they really should not be using technology :)

Wise words from a fluff. XD

Energizeric
07-11-2012, 12:14 PM
Just noticed in the second pic that dude who was selling the 500 pots. He was everywhere last night, I couldn't seem to get away from him. LOL

Chopper
07-11-2012, 12:33 PM
I guess there might be two reasons for booting at boss:

1) a party had a rough time clearing the mobs and finally gets to the boss and some new player just jumps in wanting to farm the boss. They might feel that they did all the work and it's poaching to just jump in at the last minute;

2) they want to keep rare items rare so they can maximize their selling price so boot before someone has chance at the drop.

Not saying that these are good reasons, just possible reasons why they do that.

McBain
07-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I'd buy 500 potions for 6k

Elitephonix
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
21-25 farming and silvanooo Is level 60? I remember seeing him rush gemstone people.

Suentous PO
07-11-2012, 01:05 PM
Beyond dumb, as you have a better drop rate with a full party. Theyre only lessening their chance at pink.

Chopper
07-11-2012, 01:50 PM
Beyond dumb, as you have a better drop rate with a full party. Theyre only lessening their chance at pink.

I thought drops rates have nothing to do with the number of people in your party.

McBain
07-11-2012, 02:30 PM
I'm pretty sure there's no drop rate bonus for full party, but I believe there is a little xp bonus with a full party though. Either way, booting before the boss does absolutely nothing except pissing off everyone else in the party. This is definitely punishable (would be considered griefing), don't know about perma-bannable though unless the person has been a repeat offender.

StompArtist
07-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Used to be an advantage to full party.

Zaonabiuibil
07-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Tsk tsk. Selfish selfish.

Suentous PO
07-11-2012, 03:08 PM
Aw the full party bonus is gone?!?
Oops nm then

McBain
07-11-2012, 03:13 PM
I didn't know there was ever a drop bonus for full party O.o

I could be wrong, then. Which, of course, makes boss booters even more stupid

Cobraguy
07-11-2012, 03:16 PM
I usually boot if a player comes in late on a run or if i forgot to make a password. The thing i love is when i boot from SSC and a player comes back to the game on thier high level toon like they think theyre going to impress me. Oh wait...i seem to remember the op doing that once.

I get booted sometimes...its the inherent risk of joining someone elses game...if i boot you, dont cry to me in pm, just find a new game and move on.

Suentous PO
07-11-2012, 04:12 PM
Well if they redid the bonus for a full party that might stop some booters. Although a jerks just gonna be a jerk sometimes.

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 04:18 PM
I usually boot if a player comes in late on a run or if i forgot to make a password. The thing i love is when i boot from SSC and a player comes back to the game on thier high level toon like they think theyre going to impress me. Oh wait...i seem to remember the op doing that once.

I get booted sometimes...its the inherent risk of joining someone elses game...if i boot you, dont cry to me in pm, just find a new game and move on.

Because my level 21 Bear isn't geared up.
It doesn't have any type of level 21 gear, and can easily be seen as perhaps a noob level 21 bear, if not for the Big Luck I sometimes wear.

I come back on my highest level character only after unfair or mean boots.
If someone gently boots me with "Sorry" or even a simple letter like "S", I'll just move on.
But if it's like "noob" or before a boss or mid-way in a dungeon, then you know I'll be back and have a talk with you.

FluffNStuff
07-11-2012, 04:20 PM
Coming back on a main after a twink gets booted is one of life's simple pleasures.

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 04:22 PM
No it's not.
Coming back on TWO mains hits the spot.

FluffNStuff
07-11-2012, 04:25 PM
No it's not.
Coming back on TWO mains hits the spot.

I was in a game just getting a PvP twink to level 10, and someone in game asked what other levels I had, so I listed them, like all of them. The host called me a liar, and booted me. I then proceeded to join the game with every one, saying "That was not nice", then leaving.

StompArtist
07-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I was in a game just getting a PvP twink to level 10, and someone in game asked what other levels I had, so I listed them, like all of them. The host called me a liar, and booted me. I then proceeded to join the game with every one, saying "That was not nice", then leaving.

Lmao priceless

csb
07-11-2012, 04:38 PM
I didn't know there was ever a drop bonus for full party O.o

I could be wrong, then. Which, of course, makes boss booters even more stupid

I don't believe there is a drop rate bonus, only the xp bonus for the full party. There are a lot of drop rate rumors, like texting the word "pink", doing the most damage, or getting the killing strike. There is an old thread around here where people put their own pink drop rumors. Some were true, like low level farmers would boot higher level players to get level scaled drops.

I wish STS would maintain a loot drop FAQ to address all the rumors. Most of the odd behaviors and boots that I have noticed in the game were related to superstitions about getting better drops.

FluffNStuff
07-11-2012, 04:41 PM
The only drop bonus for a full party is that a pink is five times more likely to drop to a full party then when soloing.

Kaytar
07-11-2012, 05:04 PM

I get booted sometimes...its the inherent risk of joining someone elses game...if i boot you, dont cry to me in pm, just find a new game and move on.I agree. Crying and posting pointless threads wastes your farming time. Find another run and don't waste your (and everyone else's) time.

Subscriber
07-11-2012, 05:42 PM
That's sad.

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 06:42 PM
I agree. Crying and posting pointless threads wastes your farming time. Find another run and don't waste your (and everyone else's) time.

What a typical response saying a person is crying on this thread.

Cobraguy
07-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Have a "talk"? You mean cry?
This is one of the things thats making pl not fun to play anymore, having to deal with crybabies that complain about such petty things as getting booted from SOMEONE ELSES GAME.
If you cant deal with this stuff on a game then idk what to tell you about having to deal with real life issues as an adult. Suck it up and move on....simple.

TEOKILLO
07-11-2012, 06:52 PM
You know, i remember last time knockador booted you from ss caves and he ended up being a great guy making tons of contests and giving away gold to the community, id think before reporting a person who just booted you

Whirlzap
07-11-2012, 07:18 PM
You know, i remember last time knockador booted you from ss caves and he ended up being a great guy making tons of contests and giving away gold to the community, id think before reporting a person who just booted you

Then you obviously didn't remember what happened at all.
Knockador even came onto the forums, apologized to me, and explained what his/her intentions were to me and it was fine.
Then he went on to participate in the forums.

@Cobra

Have a "talk"? You mean cry?
This is one of the things thats making pl not fun to play anymore, having to deal with crybabies that complain about such petty things as getting booted from SOMEONE ELSES GAME.
If you cant deal with this stuff on a game then idk what to tell you about having to deal with real life issues as an adult. Suck it up and move on....simple.

Having to deal with me is your problem?
I'll put this easy and straight forward to you.
Don't bother posting here and just get out.
You didn't need to even click this thread.

I don't know why you're even here unless that bird was your bird.
Which would disappoint me very much, unfortunately.

It's also amusing how you are comparing this incident to real life issues.
I hope this game isn't this reflective on your own real life routine as it seems to be that you think it is such for me and others.

And if you do think that posting this thread was wrong, how about I spread some word, make sure you get booted out of every game you join from this point on and see how you would react?
Sound good?

If you want to take this up into an argument, I'll gladly accept.

Cobraguy
07-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Wasnt me at all, i have all my toons listed in my sig line minus my 21 farmer, Farmraptor. Theres no need for a petty argument, im just making a point on a public forum.

Walkhardd
07-11-2012, 07:36 PM
I think its funny how a known forumer can call out a player and get basically no crap for it. Yet, you all can't wait to jump all over some newbie for doing the same thing.

For the record , I think its a stupid rule to not be able to call someone out, and I would do it without thinking twice.

On topic-

If you high level nubs want to farm ssc for 20k drops, solo in a private game. Booting at the boss is probably the most retarded thing you can do in pl.

Zaonabiuibil
07-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Hmm. INB4LOCK.

Walkhardd
07-11-2012, 08:04 PM
Hmm. INB4LOCK.

Another annoying thing..

I think I need a break from the forums. Lol.

Zaonabiuibil
07-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Another annoying thing..

I think I need a break from the forums. Lol.

It's only necessary when a thread goes from a discussion to flaming ;)

Reddwing
07-11-2012, 08:11 PM
Solution:Make your own games.

McBain
07-11-2012, 08:23 PM
For the record , I think its a stupid rule to not be able to call someone out, and I would do it without thinking twice.

It's because it leaves the door wide open for trolls to slander people and causes nothing but flaming, and because if it were allowed to publicly whine about other players, that's what half the threads here would be about. It's not productive, informative, or useful in any way.

And yes, I think this thread falls into that category as well, whether it was started by a veteran forumer or not.

edit: and I might add.....INB4LOCK!

Phoenixking
07-11-2012, 08:55 PM
I get so excited I do this
http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x343/phoenixarmada13/db117f67.jpg

Iehaenis
07-11-2012, 09:02 PM
I farm alot like everyone else so if any low level ever reads this... I DO NOT BOOT, I don't care what your level is. Even if I don't get the pink I'm still making pots and gold not to mention it helps the lower levels play on through. Usually this happens with onyx and I have seen no issue getting pinks more or less often with a lower level there. I've gotten more pinks from the mini bosses this way as well. Probably just coincidence but hey... if you see me in your group don't feel like you have to leave.

Piosidon
07-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Thanks.

Contact jobs@spacetimestudios.com and I'm sure they'll offer you a job

07-12-2012, 04:18 AM
shh no tears

Subscriber
07-12-2012, 07:01 AM
shh no tears

I like this guy.

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 09:04 AM
I think its funny how a known forumer can call out a player and get basically no crap for it. Yet, you all can't wait to jump all over some newbie for doing the same thing.

On topic-

If you high level nubs want to farm ssc for 20k drops, solo in a private game. Booting at the boss is probably the most retarded thing you can do in pl.

It is a fine line, but notice how this does not 'call someone out', but just happens to have their chat in the window. If, just as a random example, a post about pvp boosting did not list names, but had a screen shot of a player offering them gold to kill them in PVP, well ... once again, a fine line.

Rare
07-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Fine reading entertainment.

Honestly, makes the forums interesting.