PDA

View Full Version : What is this weapon called?

styg2012
07-12-2012, 02:31 AM
thx

The Flash
07-12-2012, 02:50 AM
That seems like a plate bought wep. Probably lv44 flame sword ill look into it

CodyBearr
07-12-2012, 03:08 AM
Yup plat bought sword and I think they have ones you can buy with gold in Forrest Haven, dark Forrest &/or crypt from the town seller

Urqui
07-12-2012, 03:14 AM
Yup plat bought sword and I think they have ones you can buy with gold in Forrest Haven, dark Forrest &/or crypt from the town seller
Yep only in platinum store. Not anywhere else though.
Plat Store>Weapons>Swords(there are flaming axes too;))

LwMark
07-12-2012, 03:28 AM

Would be tight if they added cool stuff like for gold

Mothwing
07-12-2012, 03:53 AM
Meh, I'm so used to them being plat weapons I don't think I could handle them as drops.

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 06:03 AM

I was going to start a thread re this too. I saw a L71 mage and L71 bear wearing this a while ago, and I ran with them in Monster Bash...just two of them and myself, we were killing bosses in less than 10 seconds...sometimes, there would be instances where the boss hp would go down to half almost instantly...I have good ping when these happened so I know these are not lag issues...it's like a super burst damage of some sort, besides, I was with them for 1 whole hour and this keeps happening, I would have noticed if it's lag...on several occasions they would kill Tiki God during his mini-intro scene...that quick...has anyone seen this happen? If this is a glitch, they should look into it quick, I have a feeling that the "fire damage" that comes with this weapon is triggering some sort of glitch...or did I miss something?

PS: Not a joke

LwMark
07-12-2012, 06:26 AM
Probably Saycred

Jkin

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 06:40 AM
Im currently running with the guy again with my phone, im posting here via laptop...omg...it's legit...he's instakilling bosses with this weapon...what is it?

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 06:44 AM
Ok he left...he must have noticed I was following him LOL I kept buggin him about his "secret"...I can't callout his name here I believe it's against TOS...but he's one of the first to hit the level cap...anyway, just now it was just two of us...we've downed Tiki God in less than 10 seconds during one of the runs LOL...it's not constant...it's like a chance to do omgzomgwtf burst damage...what is this? I want one LOL

LwMark
07-12-2012, 06:46 AM
Id edit your text and email devs.just sayin

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 06:51 AM
Oops sorry too excited, wasn't able to edit. I'll test it myself...I want some powah!

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Edit: wrong sent

JaytB
07-12-2012, 06:57 AM
Ok he left...he must have noticed I was following him LOL I kept buggin him about his "secret"...I can't callout his name here I believe it's against TOS...but he's one of the first to hit the level cap...anyway, just now it was just two of us...we've downed Tiki God in less than 10 seconds during one of the runs LOL...it's not constant...it's like a chance to do omgzomgwtf burst damage...what is this? I want one LOL

I know who you're talking about (Lwmark told me). The reason he doesn't answer you is because he doesn't speak English. He's not ignoring you or anything.

Edit: the weapon's called 'conquerer's flaming sword'

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j344/JaytB1/7112c206.jpg

LwMark
07-12-2012, 07:07 AM
Yep

JaytB
07-12-2012, 07:09 AM
Just tested the weapon in boss brawl, and it doesn't deal any exceptional damage or anything. It's actually kind of weak lol

LwMark
07-12-2012, 07:23 AM
I beleive its a fail

But i cant do it in monster bash bcuz thats where supposedly working

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 08:17 AM
I beleive its a fail

But i cant do it in monster bash bcuz thats where supposedly working

Hey yeah I guess it doesn't work on regular dungeons...I don't think it's a glitch...maybe it's one of those "secrets" like Saycred's. Anyways, it does work on monster bash, I just finished running solo, and I one-shotted every boss except Koko Krunch (this guy is immune to the one-shot). I don't know how to record a video in Ipad, but if anyone can teach me, I'm willing to video a run where it's me one shotting them bosses to prove it. Better yet, if someone who knows how to record, and willing to do a single run with me in bash (just 3plat), accompany me, then you can record our run with me one shotting the bosses. Let me know. I'm on now IGN: Lakandula.

PS: the weapon is very weak when it's not one shotting bosses in monster bash. Not to mention, it forces you to go 165 str...which is really bad...low hit...weak dmg...etc. So you can forget about PVPing or functioning properly in a non-elixir-non-monster-bash run...

LwMark
07-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Maybe jaytb will help u with vid or vid himself since he made a vid or 2 other day

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 08:30 AM
Are there enchantress and archer versions of this "OHKO" weapon? :0

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 08:33 AM
Are there enchantress and archer versions of this "OHKO" weapon? :0

Good question, the search begins :)

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
Snipers fiery battle xbow seems to be the archer version, but I can't find the enchantress version :(. The 54 staves don't have fire damage.

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 08:46 AM
I'll try that bow you said, and I'll try the darkbolt staff of mastery for mage...I'll post updates in 30minutes. Who would have thought...mystery antenna...now these one hit weapon/s. For just 3 plat..you get to experience one shotting bosses...not bad...it feels good LOL. You should try it for the lulz haha.

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 08:53 AM
Fiery battle xbow doesn't work :(

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 08:57 AM
Still need someone to record a video?

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Yup, pm me in-game now: Lakandula

PS: L54 Dreamer's Darkbolt Staff doesn't work either...so far, "it's" the only weapon that works...

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Thanks wind for the run, hope to see the vid soon, by the way, I was muted halfway...lol.

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Thanks wind for the run, hope to see the vid soon, by the way, I was muted halfway...lol.

yeah, im a noob and i died a lot. Thanks for backing me up lol
The video will take 20 minutes to upload to youtube -_- It also came out faster than expected, but no worries. We can still see the bosses die in a blink :o

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 09:40 AM
Haha awesome!!!

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 09:58 AM
Ok, the video is up!

http://youtu.be/MYkX2mlY5uQ

Before recording, I got a PM asking what level my sword was and a PM telling me how cool my sword was. I also noticed a few others in Humania town with the sword...

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 10:04 AM
My guess, the damage elixir is mixing with the DOT proc for some deadly results! Did you test with thrasher in the other areas?

trunzoc
07-12-2012, 10:08 AM
yeah, curious if this works on the regular maps , or anywhere else really

can ya go try to kill the duke or Emma?

Elyseon
07-12-2012, 10:09 AM
Wierd!

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 10:13 AM
The problem is the weapon is very weak and doesnt do much damage. I don't have the appropriate armor for a hybrid bird because I respeced for this test. We could try clearing a dungeon with regular weapons, then switching to the sword when the boss is left

Im starting to get better at playing on chrome heheheh

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 10:16 AM
The problem is the weapon is very weak and doesnt do much damage. I don't have the appropriate armor for a hybrid bird because I respeced for this test. We could try clearing a dungeon with regular weapons, then switching to the sword when the boss is left

Im starting to get better at playing on chrome heheheh

I picked up the sword on my bear to test it out, need to respec because it requires more strength then fang gear (oh my!), but I will try it with just a cheap armor plat, no damage plat.

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
if anyone is willing to do another bash run with no elixirs, we can use regular weapons for the mobs, then the sword for the bosses with no elixirs.

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Just watched the vid, cool!! Yeah the one hit setup is weak unless you're fighting monster bash bosses...after this vid, I ran two more times. The first run, I switched from one shot setup to angel wand set when I'm not fighting bosses, it was a better run, I had more damage and hit so enemies died faster, cleaner run overall. The second run, I used the same tactic as first run but this time I timed it, I clocked at a whopping three minutes using the one shot build on bosses, that's almost equivalent to a full elixir party (without anyone with one shot setup). The solo-ability of monster bash went up by 1000000% because of this. Good job to us Wind!!! LOL, fun run haha, I'll try it out in other bosses, if it works, I know who to call for videos haha.

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 10:34 AM
NEWS!

I went to sandbar and attacked a mob randomly. I used only auto attack and buffs, no elixirs, and i couldnt pot fast enough so i died. However, the monster died at the same time! I killed another one, this time prepared to spam pots. Again, only buffs, auto and no elixirs. After chipping the mob's hp to a little bit, he instantly died. I'll post a vid

Swimmingstar
07-12-2012, 10:44 AM
Maybe bosses are super vulnerable to fire procs? Try another fire proc weapon?

I can also record videos btw.

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 10:57 AM
I tried using L54 Fiery Battle Xbow (fire proc weap.) in monster bash, killed 5 bosses with it, not once did the insta-kill kick in. I don't think it has anything to do with damage, it's an insta-kill-proc, maybe it's a "secret" effect? Think of the "death" spell in your typical RPG, no damage...just death when it successfully hits. Well that's what I think at least. I don't think it's a glitch, there's still permutations involved, there were instances where the insta kill didn't kick-in...which means there's a percentage working behind it...if it were a glitch, it would happen every time...someone took time in setting up those permutations such that it will behave similar to a proc...or maybe I'm just having fun with it and I'm in denial lmao. Well, let's see what happens.

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 11:10 AM
I cant get a successful run in a public game killing the boss because someone was kiting lol. Anyone have to sword wanna join me? No elixirs so we can test the sword only

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Did some runs, but now everyone has the sword, and everyone is thrashed. Since the boss dies before I can get in the room, I have no idea if it is just the sword or thrasher plus sword. Interesting thing though, the second boss (skeleton dude) seems to be immune.

GoodSyntax
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Thanks for posting all of this styg2012 and Windwaiker!

I'm gonna follow this thread, and if it works in regular dungeons, it will probably be one of the most coveted items in PL.

Oooohhhhh....can't wait to hear the results!

vampinoy
07-12-2012, 11:36 AM
Monster Bash Bosses (paid dungeon)
Boo Gee - works
Koko Krunch - doesn't work
Lucky - works
Big Kahuna - works
Tiki God - works

Epic Vampire Feast (paid dungeon)
Supervisor - doesn't work
Emma - works
Edward - works
Baron - doesn't work
Vlod - works

Nuri's Symphony (regular map)
Panto - works
Mini Boss - doesn't work

Nuris House of Pain (regular map)
Gustav - works
Grizzlinator (mini-boss) - doesn't work
The two-mini bosses (forgot the names) - works

Nuris Lions Den (regular map)
Alessandro - works
Lion - works
zoo director - doesn't work

Nuris Boggy Waters (regular map)
Snake Charmer - doesn't work (awww...)
Overlord Shaman - doesn't work

Nuri's Madnass (regular map)
Nuri -works

update soon

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 11:47 AM
Here's the video showing that it works on Humania mobs in Sandbar Lagoon for all you skeptics:

http://youtu.be/dqfbZyl6T5o

wvhills
07-12-2012, 11:50 AM
i bet it doesn't work on koko because he's a suped up skeller who I believe is immune to fire damage. Not sure about the supervisor. Idk if he's based on anyone or not because i only ran him 3 or 4 times.

Energizeric
07-12-2012, 11:51 AM
If it takes you 10 hits to get them down to half health, and then it kills them in the next strike, that doesn't seem any different from using a good weapon that would have them dead in less than 10 hits.

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 11:52 AM
Thanks for posting all of this styg2012 and Windwaiker!

I'm gonna follow this thread, and if it works in regular dungeons, it will probably be one of the most coveted items in PL.

Oooohhhhh....can't wait to hear the results!

Don't get too attached, it is clearly bugged, and will get fixed at some point. Right now were are ... uhh ... just testing, yeah that's it :)

FluffNStuff
If it takes you 10 hits to get them down to half health, and then it kills them in the next strike, that doesn't seem any different from using a good weapon that would have them dead in less than 10 hits.

Average 10 hits, I have seen the Tiki God go down on the first punch.

Windwaiker

Yeah, i never said it was recommended for normal mob clearing :victorious:

Arsenal
07-12-2012, 12:28 PM
in pvp, whne the sword hits its proc on an enemy, it gives them al their hp back!!~!~!!! intersting

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 12:50 PM
while the glitch is cool and all, it will make birds obsolete at bosses :/ The only thing archers would need a bow for is to kill the mobs in the way

Whirlzap
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
I think it stacks the proc.

Exponentially.

Since I saw some fire AOE on the boss when you were fighting him and then he died really fast from insta-kill.

I think that the fire proc now accidentally stacks, perhaps exponentially or even more on a boss instead of re-procing.

Mothwing
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
while the glitch is cool and all, it will make birds obsolete at bosses :/ The only thing archers would need a bow for is to kill the mobs in the way

It will be patched...

Jcyee
07-12-2012, 01:15 PM
O.o weird...........

Suentous PO
07-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Does this constitute exploiting a glytch? O.o
Remember insta leveling?

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 01:27 PM

Most likely :greedy_dollars:

Im just waiting for this to be patched so I can go back to dex bird. It's confirmed that it works, and it's probably a glitch, so I decided to not exploit it anymore or else I'll get banned

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Remember insta leveling?

If it is an exploit, it is a very profitable one for STS, since it seems to involve all plat things (plat item, plat elixir, plat board). Only problem I see is that devoting time to fixing it is gonna take time that would have been spent working on our crafting sets :(

modredd
07-12-2012, 02:01 PM
All I know if when these people join my game I can't boot and I won't leave if I've killed one boss ,Last time in Nuri when exp was glitched punishment was vast and severe.
I don't want to get in trouble or have my pinks taken away etc.....
I did my cap to 71 last night and I have tons of platinum to spare so hopefully they will just patch this and not make a fuss because everybody is going out and buying the swords.

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 02:03 PM
All I know if when these people join my game I can't boot and I won't leave if I've killed one boss ,Last time in Nuri when exp was glitched punishment was vast and severe.
I don't want to get in trouble or have my pinks taken away etc.....
I did my cap to 71 last night and I have tons of platinum to spare so hopefully they will just patch this and not make a fuss because everybody is going out and buying the swords.

What was the experience glitch? And what was the fast severe punishment? I was awol for a lot of Nuri's.

JaytB
07-12-2012, 02:23 PM
What was the experience glitch? And what was the fast severe punishment? I was awol for a lot of Nuri's.

Specific xp pots could be stacked, making you reach cap in 3 or so kills. People who abused this got their character rolled back, some lost several levels with this.

JaytB
07-12-2012, 02:26 PM
If it is an exploit, it is a very profitable one for STS, since it seems to involve all plat things (plat item, plat elixir, plat board). Only problem I see is that devoting time to fixing it is gonna take time that would have been spent working on our crafting sets :(

Sorry for the double post...

Works without elix too btw. Simplest fix would be to remove the weapon from the game. There are other glitches with this weapon, which I won't make public here.

STS is informed about all (discovered) glitches, so I wouldn't advice anyone to abuse it :)

Bilaxman
07-12-2012, 02:26 PM

I remember a player that said they got a negative health/mana regen because of them exploiting. I saw them die in balefort.... People went nuts when they died... O.o

thecrankybearsam
07-12-2012, 02:35 PM
Cookies are strong

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 02:42 PM
There used to be flaming axes and different element armors sold in Dark Forest for gold before. Now the stores there are worthless.

drewcapu
07-12-2012, 02:50 PM
Simplest fix would be to remove the weapon from the game.

I really hope they just fix it. I would hate if they simply removed them all.

I bought my L40 flaming sword (blue one) a long time ago just for the looks. I think it was even 3 plat back then!

I only ever equipped it in towne. I hadn't ever even tried using it in a dungeon until today just to test if the lower level version "worked".

FluffNStuff
07-12-2012, 03:01 PM
FINALLY got a monster bash with me and one other person, they were a bird with no sword, I did not have a damage elixir. It took longer to proc, since there was not five of them swinging, but it was clear on the Tiki God that at about 2/3 health, he just disappeared. Guess i am done testing, it is NOT the elixir.

trunzoc
07-12-2012, 03:06 PM
I killed Tiki with a full group of NON-juiced players in Devil's Coast and the sword did not proc for me.

LwMark
07-12-2012, 03:12 PM
There used to be flaming axes and different element armors sold in Dark Forest for gold before. Now the stores there are worthless.

Cahaun were these TRADEABLE? U have any that were sold?

Mothwing
07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
There used to be 2 avian merchants in Dark Forest. They sold some of the platinum weapons and armors for gold BUT they weren't tradeable. They're gone now btw. Actually they might still be there, but they don't sell plat items.

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 03:38 PM
I dont think the proc works on tiki in devil's coast, but it works in monster bash and I don't know the difference between them. I think I just didnt get a chance to hit tiki enough for the proc to activate. It does make killing the other bosses easier.

LwMark
07-12-2012, 03:50 PM
There used to be 2 avian merchants in Dark Forest. They sold some of the platinum weapons and armors for gold BUT they weren't tradeable. They're gone now btw. Actually they might still be there, but they don't sell plat items.

Thanks for the knowledge.and to bad they werent tradeable..it would.give me somethin to be busy and look for

StompArtist
07-12-2012, 03:52 PM
it's a sword

Delphina
07-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Hello everyone!
We're aware of this and it will be fixed very soon in a patch. Thanks!