PDA

View Full Version : Creators

championboost
04-06-2022, 03:40 PM
I want ro request an Idea to add a creator code like most other games already have.
If a player purchases platinum while using a creator code that would give the creator 5% of the money spent.

First of all WHY? It sounds like Arcane Legends would make 5% less money if they implemented this into the game.
This is not true:
First of all most players wouldnt use a Creator Code, which would result more likely in 2% or less less money for Arcane Legends
--
Still WHY should AL implement this? And why do other games do this?
As the name already says the money goes towards content creators
Why are Content Creators so important?
- They entertain the community -> bigger playerbase
- They educate players -> bigger player base
+ Bring new players to the game
//From a buisiness standpoint you can see Content Creators as the best advertisment u can have, as they arent forced to advertise a game they in reality dont care about
Bigger player base -> more money for Arcane Legends
---
You can set a limit on how much money your creator code needs to make before you can pay out( Can only pay out when you hit 100$ or more)
And also dont let everyone get a creator code to prevent everyone making a creator code for themselves
++ Handpick the few biggest Arcane Legends Youtubers that have grown a big fan base and have been making content for Arcane Legends for a very long time for free(MilPlays, Encryptions and Arcane Apox for example)
With the few bucks we could make from Arcane Legends we could afford better equipment and increase Quality for our videos and also obviously purchase for example Platinum for a Locked Opening or buy other platinum items in the game.
This implementation would definitely not cause Arcane Legends to make less money.
I hope you take this request seriously and can have a look into it

Arcane Apox <3

Stephencobear
04-06-2022, 06:32 PM
Being a free game, not one cent should come out of their pocket to any you tuber

This idea is asking sts to play favorites
Gimme a break

BaronB
04-06-2022, 07:52 PM
Or like how most actual decent content creators would go about it...

Spend your OWN money to help you produce content.

If you are really good you wouldn't even need to spend a penny.

People buy people. Not products.

If your content is good enough you will do well.

If not, keep at it.

championboost
04-06-2022, 08:46 PM
This was already discussed that no money goes to creators

I was asked to post this request in Suggestion feed and thats the only reason this is was posted here

@AronnB If im a creator and dont have any money as a student how am I supposed to show any Platinum features of the game to my viewers - This is what this post is about (as I said before the money idea was already denied but the option for platinum for creators or other items is open)

Encryptions
04-06-2022, 08:56 PM
Money I wouldn't accept tbh eventhough youtube pays like 0.01 cents. Youtube is just for fun, the only way sts would be able to promote their game is if they get ahold of some youtuber with 1m+ subs to do a story series on AL.
This makes his/hers viewers want to join the game and play it to see their fav youtuber. Some will spend endless money just to be on top.
Creator code is one of those things that only work out in a small amount of games / servers. It would be nice to get some red yt title or basic banner for having 3k-4k subs I guess.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk

Stephencobear
04-06-2022, 09:29 PM
This was already discussed that no money goes to creators

I was asked to post this request in Suggestion feed and thats the only reason this is was posted here

@AronnB If im a creator and dont have any money as a student how am I supposed to show any Platinum features of the game to my viewers - This is what this post is about (as I said before the money idea was already denied but the option for platinum for creators or other items is open)

What “platinum feature” can you not buy with gold?
Also you can buy/farm plat eggs, so there’s your plat

Again, any bonus only given to certain ppl is favoritism even a title

Last- ppl forget sts already did get a big name gamer to live stream, they promoted it and gave him a special colored name
I doubt it changed much, cuz here we are & sts hasn’t tried it again

BaronB
04-06-2022, 10:07 PM
@chumpionboost
If you are not willing to think outside the box get creative, you should reconsider whatever plans you have as a "content creator"

Some basics for you...

Make videos of actual fun you might be having... the good and the bad.

Introduction to events / AL itself... could find something not done yet

Make ya self fun challenges during events like naked farming?

That is 3 quick ideas so far which would cost you NOTHING and something that would probably be interesting as well.

After that people will either look at how well the video and commentary is put together.

Basically, you make yourself into a Brand.

That costs nothing.

As i said earlier, people buy people, not products, so that brand you create is the "person" you want people to buy into/follow/watch your content for those likes and youtube paycheck.

Having and showing passion in your work costs absolutely 0 dollars/pounds/yen/euros/bitcoin/w,e you want to use.

People will in return buy into that passion you're truly showing and give you that YT paycheck you so seem to be after.

If you are just trying to make a quick buck under the cover of "Oh give us me freebies ill make videos for you"... it becomes pretty obvious to people that "wernt born yesterday"

Good Luck

Absolutely NO to such an idea.

Stephencobear
04-06-2022, 11:47 PM
[Reserved spot for comment]

*Attempts to sober up*

championboost
04-07-2022, 01:02 AM
@Aronb
The video about your "Family Friendly" Guild is still coming, hating on me under every post i make wont make it better either
Also this has nothing to do with "making a quick buck" I explained above how this would help improving video quality, and if creators were paid they would also invest more time in creating more content

|Ares|
04-07-2022, 05:44 AM
@Aronb
The video about your "Family Friendly" Guild is still coming
Fun stuff, can't wait

and if creators were paid they would also invest more time in creating more content

>Creators were paid
>To do content

Makes 0 sense

BaronB
04-07-2022, 06:37 AM
@Aronb
The video about your "Family Friendly" Guild is still coming, hating on me under every post i make wont make it better either
Also this has nothing to do with "making a quick buck" I explained above how this would help improving video quality, and if creators were paid they would also invest more time in creating more content

Yea nice of you to victimise yourself but arnt you the same guy that managed to snipe another players IGN ?

Yup real credit to the community lol.

Don’t worry my first post was aimed at any al content creator that expects some kind of freebie from STS.

Oh and you’ll find if you can’t even be bothered to get someone’s name correct either your extremely dense and can’t even copy a 5 letter name thats in front of you or you just want to try stir up attention.

Either Way

Trying to ask for freebies from STS just so u can make videos is incredibly stupid.

Go actually make decent videos, their good then you’ll get the rewards.

If you not getting the reward you think you should be getting.. your clearly not as good as you think you are.

(Just because you assume something doesn’t make things true lol not how life works… my guilds for adults.. says so in the description.. need help reading as well as coming up with original ideas to make content ? )

Ima start billing you this keeps up lol

Oawaoebi
04-07-2022, 06:47 AM
Better idea start making good videos.
People from all over the world will stumble on them. They will download the game your yt gets bigger and you earn money from you tube. I guess I understood why you want to work with sts 1:1 but well at a point everybody will look through you.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

memphis
04-07-2022, 10:48 AM
Fun stuff, can't wait

&gt;Creators were paid
&gt;To do content

Makes 0 sense

Making videos takes hours of your free time. If you make money with it you can invest more time into it

asommers
04-07-2022, 11:10 AM
I think there's something to the original suggestion, but I'm not a marketer. In Call of Champions, we had the ability for a player to enter in a code when purchasing Platinum. That code would then be used to attribute a particular advertising channel with in-game rewards.

On the game side, I think we can certainly do more to help promote the player's social channels. There could be a YouTube link on their inspect page, etc.

Lastly whatever we end up doing, the goal here is to grow the game. We'll always appreciate constructive feedback in this regard.

-ALS

-ALS

BaronB
04-08-2022, 08:27 AM
I think there's something to the original suggestion, but I'm not a marketer. In Call of Champions, we had the ability for a player to enter in a code when purchasing Platinum. That code would then be used to attribute a particular advertising channel with in-game rewards.

On the game side, I think we can certainly do more to help promote the player's social channels. There could be a YouTube link on their inspect page, etc.

Lastly whatever we end up doing, the goal here is to grow the game. We'll always appreciate constructive feedback in this regard.

-ALS

-ALS

Brilliant idea to have YouTube links or even discord server links in players inspect pages!

Could maybe do like qna streams with players as well would be epic!

Giving away free gifts so players have a reason to make content is a hard NO.

We shouldn’t need to pay players to want to make content for the game.

It cheapens it.

If they make good content for a game they love and they earn something as a result of that, that’s absolutely fine.

But there is a big difference and wouldn’t want a repeat of when there was a time when a dev was giving away freebies to friends in game.

Been around long enough to know that really doesn’t end well >.>

1<3

Immortal_Blood
04-10-2022, 08:43 PM

-ALS

-ALS

eve online hosts an "about me" page on your character profile , similiar to an inspect page. wherein players can write what they like, the take away from this is they can hyperlink text.

Oawaoebi
04-11-2022, 02:52 AM
eve online hosts an "about me" page on your character profile , similiar to an inspect page. wherein players can write what they like, the take away from this is they can hyperlink text.

Time to link my onlyfans

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

asommers
04-11-2022, 09:33 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.

-ALS

Nexior
04-11-2022, 09:36 AM
Time to link my onlyfans

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit TapatalkGratz...

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Oawaoebi
04-11-2022, 09:42 AM
Gratz...

Wysłane z mojego ASUS_I005DA przy użyciu Tapatalka

Let’s be serious what will happen? Most ppl won’t use it but it’s still possible to add links which harms your device add abos get personal informations I guess I don’t have to explain what all you can do with just 1 hyperlink. I am sure most ppl will just add a link to their forum latest traders market post. But still it opens a new way of scamming also. Clicking on 1 wrong Hyperlink is enough and your device is rip. Just add smth about you click on it get on website it uses finger touch or Face ID and you can’t even see and 100 euros are gone.

Gesendet von iPhone 13 mit Tapatalk

Encryptions
04-11-2022, 10:59 AM
Sts can make it where only yt page links are allowed easily by text verification.
Youtube .com / (name)

Stephencobear
04-11-2022, 11:20 AM
And then there is a massive influx of utoobers doing fake giveaways that need likes n subs 2 enter
Forums clogged
Nty

BaronB
04-11-2022, 05:00 PM
Having Youtube (Also Discord IMO) buttons on a player's inspect page is a great idea.

And then there is a massive influx of utoobers doing fake giveaways that need likes n subs 2 enter
Forums clogged
Nty
This would be unavoidable with or without the buttons to be fair and thankfully when there was a little influx of them, it got squashed and most of the general public was educated to be wary of them. If it were to happen again I'm confident the same outcome would happen again as well ^.^

Sts can make it where only yt page links are allowed easily by text verification.
Youtube .com / (name)

Agreed.

This would also make it safe from having shady URLs being entered.

The buttons would just need the input that's found after "Youtube.com/", "Discord.gg/", "twitch.tv/", etc

Stephencobear
04-11-2022, 06:29 PM
Having Youtube (Also Discord IMO) buttons on a player's inspect page is a great idea.

This would be unavoidable with or without the buttons to be fair and thankfully when there was a little influx of them, it got squashed and most of the general public was educated to be wary of them. If it were to happen again I'm confident the same outcome would happen as well ^.^

Exactly, if it’s happening now, there will be more of that type of attention seeking if a reward incentive is added

Ppl unnecessarily add their utube link in random posts as is

championboost
04-12-2022, 02:11 AM
Recording videos is fun but editing a video for hours is just work and not fun at all
stop making up things
You got exposed multiple times how scandalous and shabby you and your friends are
and Stop calling me a attention seeking peasant and this other stuff on your discord server - I really hope they add a feature to link your discord server so you would get perma banned for linking such a server

Gl to you
and if you mass report my comments on forum again so they get deleted then im just done
You and your friends are the worst ppl ever in this game, there is so many ss of proof and if the devs delete my comment again that would show they support this behaviour and I dont want to play a game where this is the case

Best wishes Arcane Apox

BaronB
04-12-2022, 04:50 AM
Exactly, if it’s happening now, there will be more of that type of attention seeking if a reward incentive is added

Ppl unnecessarily add their utube link in random posts as is

Begging happens a lot in game as well from people making new characters and pretending their broke… We don’t stop the creation of people making new Alts tho ?

It’s one of those things that if people will do something bad sometimes no avoiding it but think yt buttons in inspect pages too good idea to pass up.

Could also have people sharing links to their fav channels as well not just their own.

So don’t think be a good idea to penalise the good potential as the bad would happen regardless even if it was just shouting about in times to check YouTube channels videos out

(Sorry I’m but sold on the idea xD )
1 <3

Stephencobear
04-12-2022, 08:42 AM
@ Baron
Remember the vid where that guy said racist & phobic things & posted it on forums b4 deleting it?
That’s what I don’t want to be able to be linked to the game
Stuff like “i ExPoSe ThIs gUiLd !” made up nonsense
But we can disagree, it’s up to the devs if they want to link potentially hostile social media drama

@apox
I have no idea what you are referring to
If anyone has done something wrong, just report it
I’ll be just fine

BaronB
04-13-2022, 07:32 AM
@ Baron
Remember the vid where that guy said racist & phobic things & posted it on forums b4 deleting it?
That’s what I don’t want to be able to be linked to the game
Stuff like “i ExPoSe ThIs gUiLd !” made up nonsense
But we can disagree, it’s up to the devs if they want to link potentially hostile social media drama

@apox
I have no idea what you are referring to
If anyone has done something wrong, just report it
I’ll be just fine

Yeah that and oh so many other cult classics put out by some people lol but yeah fair point tho

I’m just prepared to take the bad with the good xD

1 <3