PDA

View Full Version : Guide: The absolute best level 15 operative twink build

Blind
07-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Hello everyone!

I have decided to post a guide to the best level 15 operative twink build after more than a half of a year of being away from sl.

1: A little bit about myself
In sl I've been know as Blind - lvl 15 operative twink and Freeusfromgcd - the pve operative leaderboard endgame character, which was named Blind originally, until i decided to rename my lvl 15 character and make it my main.

I was the first(you could argue, but oldies know it) lvl 15 to introduce the rifle called Thudgun into operative twinking, back when everyone used the pistol and shield/duals which in theory were the best. Until i discovered the Thudgun - the best weapon for lvl 15

I have gone through the twink masters in the operative tourney such as Ardon, Protank and Spartanz with a record of 30:3 (didn't fight the finals due to issues with a participant)

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd401/blindmasterpl/23826893.jpg

Here is my character, with every single kill being earned against great members of Project Twink in 1v1 matches.
(Apologies for posting the screenshot of the lvl 30, i leveled the toon and quit, right away).

2 The Build
All of the above might have come off as bragging, but be sure, that was done to assure you that the build is 100% best possible. I've spent 200+ platinum on skill respecs until i was confident that this is the one.

So here you go

Lvl 15 operative
Pure dex

Gear: Premium pack - lvl 15 Smuggler's helmet, chest, legs and sleeves.
Weapon - Thud Gun rifle

Skill build:
6 pain
5 focus
1 lash
1 fire
1 lurch

3 Tactics
Tactics are too difficult to describe, since i believe that there shouldn't be such a thing as a set combo, and that you have to judge the situation yourself.

But, in theory..(still can't stress enough that you shouldn't rely on specific combos)

I'd personally start with lurch then lash very fast, come in range fire run away, if lurch is back on then push again and heal right away.

But trust me, practise is all u need.

And don't worry about ping - it makes no difference in SL, unlike in PL.

I pvped on sl with 400-700 ping always (on pl even worse)

So don't be don't be discouraged.

Have fun guys.

I also want to say big thanks to my man Spartanzz whom we were good friends with and tried mastering twinks all the time.

As well as to all members of Project Twink (is it still alive lol?) oh, and to Zolum/Recidation and his "droids" ;D

-Blind

Zraorizer
07-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Good build but can it work for the regular platinum ones too?

Jblazer
07-12-2012, 11:25 AM
Cool guide man.

XxReiReixX
07-12-2012, 01:35 PM
hey Blind! it's still alive.. lol..

Jblazer
07-12-2012, 02:00 PM
Btw this build is not possible.At level 15 you have 14 skill points not 15,you start off level 1 with no skills.Then once you get to 15 you have 14 skill points.Also when you respec it only gives you 14 because you leveled up 14 times.This can't be the right build.

Cero
07-12-2012, 02:25 PM
lol, i still remmeber when we're doing 1vs1 on ctf.

im like "thats your gun?O.o" in the end i only killed you once...i think

javier995
07-12-2012, 05:06 PM
Blind was the first to use Thud Gun, and that made him deadly:p

Its funny.. Once Spartanzz told me (when we were fighting) that it seemed like he was fighting you haha..

I don't know how many people you told your real build to (bc this isn't your build), but it seems like i had stumbled upon it in my respecs. Me and Spartanzz spent 30 plat (each) testing builds during our training, in the end I came upon my current one. Someone that knows you asked what my build was, after I told them they said you had the same build as you o.o

Blind
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Oh **** sorry, it's 5 focus not 6 my bad.

Javier i swear to you that alwats was my exact build. I give you a man's word.

EDIT: Zrao yes of course

And the reason i posted this build is because i've been logging onto sl 1000 times and it looks like Sparatan quit, (the build was our secret), so i thought, why not lol.

Kanozaki
07-12-2012, 08:11 PM
Blind was the first to use Thud Gun, and that made him deadly:p

Its funny.. Once Spartanzz told me (when we were fighting) that it seemed like he was fighting you haha..

I don't know how many people you told your real build to (bc this isn't your build), but it seems like i had stumbled upon it in my respecs. Me and Spartanzz spent 30 plat (each) testing builds during our training, in the end I came upon my current one. Someone that knows you asked what my build was, after I told them they said you had the same build as you o.o

this was his build lol , before the hide page thing came about i watched his stats and calculated how much they changed . Using that date i was able to figure out how much he had.

Side note very good build , the only twink i had problems with before the new generation of twinks came about.

javier995
07-12-2012, 08:29 PM
Oh **** sorry, it's 5 focus not 6 my bad.

Javier i swear to you that alwats was my exact build. I give you a man's word.

Lol by not your build i meant the 6 focus thing lol, not that this whole thing wasn't it lol.

this was his build lol , before the hide page thing came about i watched his stats and calculated how much they changed . Using that date i was able to figure out how much he had.

Side note very good build , the only twink i had problems with before the new generation of twinks came about.

Lol ik its his build, but not the one that was on the OP. The 0116-61 build is what i meant that wasn't his lol.

You're the one that told me i had the same build as him lol.

Kanozaki
07-12-2012, 10:52 PM
Lol by not your build i meant the 6 focus thing lol, not that this whole thing wasn't it lol.

Lol ik its his build, but not the one that was on the OP. The 0116-61 build is what i meant that wasn't his lol.

You're the one that told me i had the same build as him lol.

didnt you say the build u guys came up with :o was your removed wrack and put it in focus ?when u did that its exactly as blinds build.

javier995
07-13-2012, 01:43 AM
didnt you say the build u guys came up with :o was your removed wrack and put it in focus ?when u did that its exactly as blinds build.

Lol, well i was the one who stumbled upon it (like i said) but Dom didn't like it lol.

He was going for damage i think dunno.

Seiyen
07-17-2012, 05:34 PM
I was there when he started using thud gun!

-Raghav

Kanozaki
07-17-2012, 06:02 PM
Lol, well i was the one who stumbled upon it (like i said) but Dom didn't like it lol.

He was going for damage i think dunno.

that was the build which blind and him came upon , but with the build i gave u it could beat this one if played right. Dom probably wanted a build similar to what i had

Zaonabiuibil
07-17-2012, 08:30 PM
Now just pull out a flamethrower and this gun talk doesn't matter! *cricket*

javier995
07-18-2012, 02:02 PM
that was the build which blind and him came upon , but with the build i gave u it could beat this one if played right. Dom probably wanted a build similar to what i had

Na, Dom tried it for awhile. He didn't like it lol.

Now just pull out a flamethrower and this gun talk doesn't matter! *cricket*

Kills a guy using flamethrower with thud gun*

Where's zao?

Flamethrower isn't as good ad you think lol. You can easily kite it.

Zaonabiuibil
07-18-2012, 02:09 PM
Kills a guy using flamethrower with thud gun*

Where's zao?

Flamethrower isn't as good ad you think lol. You can easily kite it.

The trick is to out-kite ;)