PDA

View Full Version : VPN usage

TheTranquil
04-08-2022, 09:01 AM
is it okay to use vpn to have a better ping ?

Corviss the Lich
04-08-2022, 12:11 PM
Yes, but do not touch plat offers, you'll get in trouble.

AUUUUNJ
04-08-2022, 12:26 PM
Vpn help with ping? Also what vpn

Enviado de meu SM-M105M usando o Tapatalk

Corviss the Lich
04-08-2022, 12:41 PM
Vpn help with ping? Also what vpn

Enviado de meu SM-M105M usando o Tapatalk

It doesn't entirely fixes the ping issues get 2 digit ping smth like that, no. But rather it stabilize my ping, and whenever I use vpn I rarely get reconnecting or ping going up.

I use ProtonVPN I use it on pc, so idk if it exist on mobile.

TheTranquil
04-08-2022, 12:56 PM
It doesn't entirely fixes the ping issues get 2 digit ping smth like that, no. But rather it stabilize my ping, and whenever I use vpn I rarely get reconnecting or ping going up.

I use ProtonVPN idk I use it on pc so idk if it exist on mobile.

So youre saying that despite using VPN it is still unable to get a lower ping like 0-100? xd

Corviss the Lich
04-08-2022, 01:20 PM
So youre saying that despite using VPN it is still unable to get a lower ping like 0-100? xd

You're not getting my point, I use VPN so my ping won't go up like crazy from 300 to 5k > 120k > dc. VPN stabilizes my ping. So it actually helps ping in some way.

and yes, VPN does not lower your ping from 500 > 200~

Encryptions
04-08-2022, 01:25 PM
So youre saying that despite using VPN it is still unable to get a lower ping like 0-100? xdYes. If you are far away from the server it will only increase your ping most of the time.
Normally its You -> server -> You.
Vpn its You -> vpn -> server -> vpn -> you.
What a vpn does to help your ping stop spiking is it sends and gets packets from a more direct route which is better than your normal isp. It reduces lag spikes a ton but when it comes to lowering ping, you might be better off without a vpn if you are looking for lower numbers and don't experience ping spikes in the first place.
Vpn only actually prevents ping spikes, not reducing high ping.

Sent from my SM-A528B using Tapatalk