PDA

View Full Version : Old Dark Forest Store Items

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 04:55 PM
Just wanted to say this as this was a little thing that nagged at me a long time in PL. Also it's because Lwmark seemed surprised when I talked about it in the newest locked thread talking about flaming swords.

A loong time ago. Back to when campaigns were purchased with platinum, skills didn't have a cooldown, the tutorials taught a lot more, and Forest Haven was epic. Well I started playing PL in November after the first Halloween event and immediately loved it. Because I currently was low on funds, I didn't have any platinum so the lvl cap was 18 to me. Okay I'll get to the point...
I love buying things that didn't require platinum that are truely great and make PL feel more F2P. Back then Dark Forest was the only campaign I could lvl up too so I made MANY lvl 18 Toons. I wanted to be as powerful as I could so I turned to the shops in the Dark Forest for help. Luckily back then, the shop keepers had pretty nice inventory that was sold for GOLD! Yea... gold. Somewhat expensive at a few thousand. (Gold earning was slow in the low lvls. Getting a gold elixer was tremendous) Unfortunately, the items are not there and all the shops are now selling useless items so I just want to share this and hope they improve the shops and most importantly create a good gold sinkhole.
I put in this pic as proof of the items.

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Just to post this. This was my Snowlauncher before my old friend quit the game while he was borrowing it. (No he didn't scam me. His name is still in my friend list as off-line as ever)
Edit wrong pic LOL

Piosidon
07-12-2012, 05:54 PM
Remember when DF and FH sold plat items for gold?

Lowlyspy
07-12-2012, 06:15 PM
Ahhh, memories. I miss the days of my noobth. Bought the 21 dark proc battlesword (Oh yea, pally from the beginning :D) when it was 1400 or so gold, owned teh masses of balefort after i bought the campaign

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Not platinum... "premium" items :D
It was great. I actually thought I was spending hard earned gold the way I should. (I never begged)

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 06:24 PM
Ahhh, memories. I miss the days of my noobth. Bought the 21 dark proc battlesword (Oh yea, pally from the beginning :D) when it was 1400 or so gold, owned teh masses of balefort after i bought the campaign
Good old days

ThePvpTwink
07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
The old days...thats when snowball launchers were still 7k each..:D

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 07:25 PM
It would be nice to see plat store items more in game by making items with their designs available for gold. Theyre only sitting around and not being used :(

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 09:23 PM
It would be nice to see plat store items more in game by making items with their designs available for gold. Theyre only sitting around and not being used :(
I almost thought they are extinct. I barely see any fire items at all :/
The armor in the platinum store is neat but not even used in game.

Cahaun
07-12-2012, 09:24 PM
The old days...thats when snowball launchers were still 7k each..:D
Yup. Unfortunately lots of merchants became greedy and now want 5 million gold *true story*

ThePvpTwink
07-12-2012, 09:29 PM
Yup. Unfortunately lots of merchants became greedy and now want 5 million gold *true story*

Theyre still selling around 100k-1m..:3

Whirlzap
07-12-2012, 09:32 PM
Should have achievements for shop items.

*Whirlzap has earned the Darkbolt Blaster Collector Achievement!*

Piosidon
07-12-2012, 09:43 PM
Not platinum... "premium" items :D
It was great. I actually thought I was spending hard earned gold the way I should. (I never begged)
I think you can still buy those "premium" items for 5 plat these days ;)

LwMark
07-12-2012, 10:05 PM
So they cany be traded?