PDA

View Full Version : Pots - How many do you use?

Neffy
07-12-2012, 07:14 PM
With the diverse defensive and offensive techniques, I was wondering how many pots does everybody use. I use an absurd amount, as I'm a Full Dex Bird.

My average per day (playing most of the day, sadly.): Anywhere from 3-7 thousand. As I get booted far too much to farm consecutively, I often duo/trio things instead of using a full team. Even when I do get a full team, they're never experienced so I'm often times just running in by myself and knocking things out by myself and snagging all the things I can as I go. This leads to me using an insane amount of pots.

How many do you use per hour, day, week, etc?

I have use a total of approximately 45k pots altogether.

Windwaiker
07-12-2012, 07:22 PM
Dex burdy too!

I use 40-50 per Humania run, but with a good party only around 20ish. Anyway, I notice I can buy 700 pots and an hour later I'm down to 200, give or take.

I've tried staying back to save on my pots, but it gets so boring when everyone else is timidly attacking and not doing damage. Especially with those scaredy bears! I also run pretty fast because I use an iPad so it's easier to kite than on chrome, so I end up ahead of everyone. Maybe I should of chosen a bear as my first character...

Xionskull
07-12-2012, 07:26 PM
I never use em, so to answer the question in the threads title- 0

ThePvpTwink
07-12-2012, 07:31 PM
Half str half dex sanguine dagger set bear...farm all day i use about 500 health pots a day.

Neffy
07-12-2012, 07:39 PM
Half str half dex sanguine dagger set bear...farm all day i use about 500 health pots a day.

Very nice. I'm full dex though. I'll be respecing tonight for half/half. Got 1k plat so why not.

@xionskull, you must have a straight awful ratio.

ThePvpTwink
07-12-2012, 08:16 PM
Very nice. I'm full dex though. I'll be respecing tonight for half/half. Got 1k plat so why not.

*cough* heal *cough*

Neffy
07-13-2012, 01:09 AM
*cough* heal *cough*

What about heal?

KingFu
07-13-2012, 01:38 AM

Why do you assume that? I barely use pots, and I have about a 200:1 KD, which I consider fairly decent. I probably use 10-20 pots a run, if that. I run with good mages that know to heal, and I'm a tank, so I'm always the one with aggro on me. That, and elixirs have taken over end game, making pots not be as much of a requirement.

maneatingtree
07-13-2012, 01:43 AM
0 angelic str set ftw

Enforcer
07-13-2012, 01:47 AM
I never use pots mainly Bc I don't feel the need of spending 1k each time I need pots, I just farm them off mobs, so proabbly a busy 56 Nuris day I'd use 10?

Neffy
07-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Why do you assume that? I barely use pots, and I have about a 200:1 KD, which I consider fairly decent. I probably use 10-20 pots a run, if that. I run with good mages that know to heal, and I'm a tank, so I'm always the one with aggro on me. That, and elixirs have taken over end game, making pots not be as much of a requirement.

Because I have just came back so everything my mind runs off is off of prior knowledge. I haven't played, other than today and last night, since the elite cap was 61. But now that I have all of the angelic in my staff and am dual specing in a few minutes to see a difference, I may take everything back.

fuzzylazer
07-13-2012, 02:19 AM
0, I don't lvl as much now. Even if I do lvl, I use about 1 health pot per run... Even less. xD

HunterSLAYER
07-13-2012, 02:26 AM
With the diverse defensive and offensive techniques, I was wondering how many pots does everybody use. I use an absurd amount, as I'm a Full Dex Bird.

My average per day (playing most of the day, sadly.): Anywhere from 3-7 thousand. As I get booted far too much to farm consecutively, I often duo/trio things instead of using a full team. Even when I do get a full team, they're never experienced so I'm often times just running in by myself and knocking things out by myself and snagging all the things I can as I go. This leads to me using an insane amount of pots.

How many do you use per hour, day, week, etc?

I have use a total of approximately 45k pots altogether.

A few thousand if im on the big bear.

Few hundred on Birdy

None on magey!

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

saool
07-13-2012, 02:38 AM
A couple hundred a day hardly any I always have about 1k+ at all times though

Chopper
07-13-2012, 10:28 AM
I use about 4 or 5 each run, always come up ahead and stash the extras. Only time i ran out wqs once against Count Vlod. I dont even understand how you would use up so many. Im a full dex bird. Keep moving and keep the range.

Xionskull
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM

I'm a mage so usually my pits stay 25-25 and my Mage when hit heals itself auto. If I get hit hard I tap potion and after 5 seconds whether how many potions I use they go strait back to 25-25.

Windwaiker
07-13-2012, 10:55 AM
I use about 4 or 5 each run, always come up ahead and stash the extras. Only time i ran out wqs once against Count Vlod. I dont even understand how you would use up so many. Im a full dex bird. Keep moving and keep the range.

I recklessly run into mobs and smash their faces in with my bow. Yeh.

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I only use 25 pots after that i die til i get 25 more from doing runs :P

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Swimmingstar
07-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I have no idea since I never need to buy potions for my main character.

But in DL yesterday, Kriegberg took 60 potions and a death.

HunterSLAYER
07-13-2012, 12:01 PM
I have no idea since I never need to buy potions for my main character.

But in DL yesterday, Kriegberg took 60 potions and a death.

Same for my magey in PL.

I use at least 10 blood packs every krbg run...

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Neffy
07-13-2012, 01:37 PM
I don't understand how people use so few pots. Looks like I really will be dual specing again for that str gear..

McBain
07-13-2012, 01:44 PM
On my bear I hardly have to use any pots, but on my bird.....probably 100-200 per hour in Humania. On the lower side if I'm running Sandbar, and more in the maps that have those giant one-hit yetis of doom.

Neffy
07-13-2012, 01:46 PM
On my bear I hardly have to use any pots, but on my bird.....probably 100-200 per hour in Humania. On the lower side if I'm running Sandbar, and more in the maps that have those giant one-hit yetis of doom.

Can't wait to do Humania!(: Almost there<3

McBain
07-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Have fun, and watch out for the giant yetis! Other than that it's pretty easy.

Windwaiker
07-13-2012, 02:55 PM
Once you go half strength, your damage will suffer. I've tried it once and I never want to do it again, it's not as fun for me. Of course, strength gear is cheaper and you'll use less pots and die less, so that's the good side :)

Noodleleg
07-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Never used a single pot on my Mage Noodleleg.

Livemau
07-13-2012, 02:58 PM
almost never especially on my mage
im too cheap to use them

KingFu
07-13-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't understand how people use so few pots. Looks like I really will be dual specing again for that str gear..

Going hybrid wont change it much, unless you go warbird (yuck). You're level 60, and are a bird. Unless you're joining good games with mages and bears that know their job, you'll blow through pots. If you're joining pugs, even at end game in humania, few people know their job. No healing from Mage = more hp pots guzzled, and bears not tanking well = even more. Gear is another factor, with dodge, armor, and regen. If you're using, say, underlings rather than an obedience set, you're gonna sacrifice tons of regen.

Swords
07-13-2012, 06:59 PM
100,000 at least for me, i pve a lot on low lvl chars farming kills