PDA

View Full Version : Still having fun?

BeardedBear
08-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Without posting screenshots, I'll just say this; certain elderfigs who pay people for PVP kills are LAME. I witnessed that in a game twice just last night. The same group threatened people they would start kicking if they dont fireblast them throughs walls to expose exploits. This is in a public 4v4 game mind you. Anything " new" in this game is raped, pillaged, and burned to the ground. How desperate are people getting to "have fun" in this game?

Azrael
08-25-2010, 07:39 AM
Let them waste their money as far as i'm concerned. I can't imagine a way to stop people from jooking the sats on the leader-boards, nor do I think the leader-boards have much meaning. The Devs want it in the game and so be it.

Honestly the only thing the Leader-boards will do is create a great annoyance to the players who have the unfortunate honor of having their names on them, who will recieve a constant stream of friend requests from random players.

Royce
08-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Argument #4,683,074 for why K/D stats are meaningless. Honestly I think most people realize it, and only noobs think K/D matter, and even then only til they are informed of all the various ways to artifically pad your count.

Raxie
08-25-2010, 08:00 AM
i cared about my k/d so much, back then. i made so many new accounts because i wanted one that had no deaths at all. i know that this was impossible. i made a bear which had 4,000 kills and was level 20 with no deaths and when i died, i cried.
but now, i couldn't care less.

BeardedBear
08-25-2010, 09:03 AM
I dont care so much that people are doing that, but the fact is happening in public games and ruining it for everyone else who is trying to play.

asommers
08-25-2010, 10:18 AM
Without posting screenshots, I'll just say this; certain elderfigs who pay people for PVP kills are LAME. I witnessed that in a game twice just last night. The same group threatened people they would start kicking if they dont fireblast them throughs walls to expose exploits. This is in a public 4v4 game mind you. Anything " new" in this game is raped, pillaged, and burned to the ground. How desperate are people getting to "have fun" in this game?

If we don't get screenshots, we can't do anything about it. Wall exploit should be fixed in 1.4.

-ALS

GaZz
08-25-2010, 10:19 AM
I like k/d... was obsessed with it in Call of Duty 4, 5 and 6.. and soon to be 7.... and playing this won't stop me being obsessed with it. I'm just glad that kills and deaths are visible.

BeardedBear
08-25-2010, 10:30 AM
I just PM'd you the shot asommers. I'll deal with the wall monkeys until 1.4 :cool:

Furrawn
08-25-2010, 10:41 AM
Let them waste their money as far as i'm concerned. I can't imagine a way to stop people from jooking the sats on the leader-boards, nor do I think the leader-boards have much meaning. The Devs want it in the game and so be it.

Honestly the only thing the Leader-boards will do is create a great annoyance to the players who have the unfortunate honor of having their names on them, who will recieve a constant stream of friend requests from random players.

Sigh. Hubby, best friend, and I were fiercely debating this last night...

There are the Mynas gen who may have reached lvl 45 w/ 5 kills and 0 deaths... Then they go back to Mynas and easily farm kills. They can have amazing stats. Meanwhile, for example, my new char Henbane is a strength chicken. At level 10, he has zero deaths ad over 400 kills- two of which were single-handedly killing Lowell the Troll:D He is the most difficult char I've had because at low levels, he's weak and has to get close to hit enemy with his axe. If Henbane grows up and has good stats, it will be purely because I've learned to be a pretty decent player... His stats will never get near the farmed kill stats. Luckily, I'll know and that's enough. Plus, Azrael, you're right- it will mean an endless sea for whatever names appear on the leader board.

Still, I think the leader boards could be fun... But it's hard to see how the devs will figure out how to assess fairly... Maybe a rating system based on how many kills at each of the five level stops (5,10, 15, etc) which would cut the mynas gen out of some boards... I guess that's too complex? Or nobody cares?

Royce
08-25-2010, 10:45 AM
Sigh. Hubby, best friend, and I were fiercely debating this last night...

There are the Mynas gen who may have reached lvl 45 w/ 5 kills and 0 deaths... Then they go back to Mynas and easily farm kills. They can have amazing stats. Meanwhile, for example, my new char Henbane is a strength chicken. At level 10, he has zero deaths ad over 1,000 kills- two of which were single-handedly killing Lowell the Troll:D He is the most difficult char I've had because at low levels, he's weak and has to get close to hit enemy with his axe. If Henbane grows up and has good stats, it will be purely because I've learned to be a pretty decent player... His stats will never get near the farmed kill stats. Luckily, I'll know and that's enough. Plus, Azrael, you're right- it will mean an endless sea for whatever names appear on the leader board.

Still, I think the leader boards could be fun... But it's hard to see how the devs will figure out how to assess fairly... Maybe a rating system based on how many kills at each of the five level stops (5,10, 15, etc) which would cut the mynas gen out of some boards... I guess that's too complex? Or nobody cares?

Yeah K/D means nothing. In addition to what you pointed out, the top killers are likely to include a few early PL players who kill farmed in Forest Haven when you could rack up kills from mobs even if they were way below your level. Then you have elixers which mean people can buy a good K/D if they want. Then you have Mynas kill farming, and so on, and so on. I don't think they'll really do anything to "fairly assess" the stats since it would be too complicated, and besides anyone who takes the time to examine all these factors is bound to come to the conclusion that K/D is so meaningless that it would be difficult to ever rescue as anything anyone should ever put any value in at all.

Chickdigcookies
08-25-2010, 10:53 AM
and besides anyone who takes the time to examine all these factors is bound to come to the conclusion that K/D is so meaningless that it would be difficult to ever rescue as anything anyone should ever put any value in at all.

Dont be surprised if its rewarded thou...

Yeah theres people who actually bash on other people K/D...kinda sad. Then hes telling people, "Nice K/D Ratio"...so me being who i am, replied, "Killing mummies is hard. Next time use a damage pot, its faster" and to no surprise, he got insulted and defensive...so i just ignored him.

Funny thing is, the people who care about K/D ratio, farm them in AO2-3. And you would be surprised who ive seen farming kills...

EDIT: Whats this wall exploit?

Furrawn
08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Yes... You're right... I just don't get it though.... What pride can someone take in stats that aren't real? I wouldn't want stats that were fake:(

Ah the irony of what follows (lol lmao) since I just went to PL and had to come back here to make a huge correction: Henbane has over 400 kills not 1,000. I forgot that I haven't played alone (usually I play them alone til 20 or so) so my kills are off:( AND she just died for the first time...

Chick~
How do you know they are farming kills? They said so? Or is there a secret tell?

FluffNStuff
08-25-2010, 11:49 AM
How do you know they are farming kills? They said so? Or is there a secret tell?

Well, it is about elimination.
First, you have to know they are rich, so you know they are not farming money.
Second, there has to be no one else there, so you know they are not power leveling a friend.
Third, they have to have a Djinn Sword so you know they are not farming that.
Fourth, They did not specifically tell you, hey, I am NOT farming kills.

Chickdigcookies
08-25-2010, 02:55 PM
Well, it is about elimination.
First, you have to know they are rich, so you know they are not farming money.
Second, there has to be no one else there, so you know they are not power leveling a friend.
Third, they have to have a Djinn Sword so you know they are not farming that.
Fourth, They did not specifically tell you, hey, I am NOT farming kills.

^or when you join, and youre a friend, and you say "whats Up?", and they reply, "nothing much, farming kills".

FluffNStuff
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
^or when you join, and youre a friend, and you say "whats Up?", and they reply, "nothing much, farming kills".

My overestimating the intelligence of the Mynas Generation has failed me again.

Furrawn
08-25-2010, 03:04 PM
My overestimating the intelligence of the Mynas Generation has failed me again.

Lol lmao lol