PDA

View Full Version : Oblivion: Elder Scrolls IV

Matutd
07-13-2012, 01:43 AM
I've just started playing this game, I know it's very old, I just bought the 5th anniversary edition as I want to complete this game before buying Skyrim. I was wondering if any of you would recommend joining the dark brotherhood. I'm already a member of the thieves guild, so I don't really care about being a baddy in the game. I would just like to know if the perks out-weigh the disadvantages of joining, or whether its best to keep away. I heard the robes are good for thievery, but apart from that, is there anything worth going for. I know this sounds obvious, but please refrain from answering unless you have actually played the game and understand what I am actually talking about :p
Thanks in advance

maneatingtree
07-13-2012, 01:56 AM
Oblivion for life! Join the dark brotherhood, missions give amazing pay, you get a free horse, tons of free stuff and just amazing game play, um otherwise i likes the bows alot and max your conjuration to 100 helps out alot. Join the arena for some interesting fights. Any questions about the game so far?

Matutd
07-13-2012, 02:06 AM
Thanks :D I've not really come across anything that has halted my gameplay, and i seem to be getting along pretty fine so far. I use my bow a lot too, it's pretty fun to use as sword is just smashing the R1 button haha. It took me a while to get used to lock picking, but i can get into most hard/very hard locks now, however the guards are usually waiting for me when I'm done. The free horse sounds good too, since i lost my other one lol :p I haven't found the arena yet, but im only level 4, so i have loads of stuff to discover yet :D

Artemis
07-13-2012, 02:50 AM
Ive joined and completed all guilds(: Dark Brotherhood is great. Lots of money made and tons of free weapons! And its really fun assasinating people(:

WoundedEagle
07-13-2012, 09:32 AM
I joined everything. Dark Brotherhood is a definite. I'm glad you are doing the smart thing, and playing Oblivion before Skyrim because they are a ton of Oblivion references. But Dark Brotherhood gives you Shadowmere. And Shadowmere is the most kick-*** horse in-game. It's the fastest and toughest. In Oblivion, Shadowmere is referred to as a she. Whilst in Skyrim, she is referred to as a he. Here's a lovely picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/grantdsmith/oblivion/shadowmere2.jpg

But yeah, do everything. I logged like 350+ hours on Oblivion. Embrace every moment!

Artemis
07-14-2012, 12:57 AM
I joined everything. Dark Brotherhood is a definite. I'm glad you are doing the smart thing, and playing Oblivion before Skyrim because they are a ton of Oblivion references. But Dark Brotherhood gives you Shadowmere. And Shadowmere is the most kick-*** horse in-game. It's the fastest and toughest. In Oblivion, Shadowmere is referred to as a she. Whilst in Skyrim, she is referred to as a he. Here's a lovely picture: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/grantdsmith/oblivion/shadowmere2.jpg

But yeah, do everything. I logged like 350+ hours on Oblivion. Embrace every moment!

I thought the Contract where you had to kill every person in the party secretly was the best thing ever.