PDA

View Full Version : Drop rates of Ocean Blue Diamond

Jsaieagle
07-13-2012, 07:50 AM
I have farmed for three hours and never see any single piece of Ocean blue diamond (OBD)... :dejection:

I have checked the CS and one OBD costs 1.3mil to 1.5mil! It needs 7 OBD to craft one set, that's 10mil for one set!?

What do you think about the loot rate of OBD? Or it's just my bad luck? :grey:

Jugernugetx
07-13-2012, 07:54 AM
Ur the lucky one. Ive seen about ten of them drop :( none for me..

Jsaieagle
07-13-2012, 07:58 AM
Ur the lucky one. Ive seen about ten of them drop :( none for me..

Oh... you have seen tens of them!!? Maybe it's just my sucked luck... :grey:
There are only few OBD in cs....

Jugernugetx
07-13-2012, 07:59 AM
yea i dont think im getting any anytime soon.....

Floating
07-13-2012, 08:06 AM
I saw one drop and the guy didn move after this... I think he got a heart attack... Too bad he wasted his elixir :X

Jsaieagle
07-13-2012, 08:15 AM
I saw one drop and the guy didn move after this... I think he got a heart attack... Too bad he wasted his elixir :X

Blahahahaha... God bless him!

Whirlzap
07-13-2012, 08:39 AM
It's because Jugernuget actually went to Monster Bash.
I went for 5 hours straight last night in Sandbar Lagoon and all I saw were two level 70 weapons.

This Monster Bash thing is seriously segregating platinum buyers from non-platinum buyers.
I mean, why farm in normal Humania when you can just Monster Bash all day.

Jugernugetx
07-13-2012, 08:44 AM
I went for 5 hours straight last night in Sandbar Lagoon and all I saw were two level 70 weapons.

This Monster Bash thing is seriously segregating platinum buyers from non-platinum buyers.

i dont have enough platinum to waste 3 every stinkin round... u farm for me! lol

Jsaieagle
07-13-2012, 08:46 AM

Is there really THAT difference in the drop rates?

LwMark
07-13-2012, 08:49 AM
Yes my friendlist i watch who does monster bash runs and its always those people with items listed in cs..monsterbash players are bankinggggggg

Whirlzap
07-13-2012, 08:52 AM
Is there really THAT difference in the drop rates?

There is a huge difference in Monster Bash if you pot 100% Re-Roll Shamrock Elixir.
It's like a few pinks an hour.

Jsaieagle
07-13-2012, 09:05 AM
There is a huge difference in Monster Bash if you pot 100% Re-Roll Shamrock Elixir.

That gonna be expensive, is it 200 plat per hour!!!??

Elyseon
07-13-2012, 09:25 AM
Glyphic blade steel?

Jsaieagle
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM
Glyphic blade steel?

Yes, that's what I think.... :dejection:

Kaytar
07-13-2012, 09:28 AM

That gonna be expensive, is it 200 plat per hour!!!??I bought thrasher, removed the luck and bought Shamrick Elixer. And went in bash until my thrash ran out spent around 100

Whirlzap
07-13-2012, 09:42 AM
It's called having Plat.

People spend their money in all kinds of different ways, and some just invest into games.

Fine by me.

Although the thing is this cross-dungeon is starting to really annoy me... I mean someone even named a char Monsterbash....

FluffNStuff
07-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Warning to anyone wanting to get into the monster bash culture, it really is addicting, and is a completely different game. I have spent quite a bit of plat there (not complaining, since plat cost < beer cost) and the thought of going back to the slow paced maps is so blah. BTW, despite what you hear, it is not a get a rich quick scheme, as I am clearly not rich. I have gotten one or two drops, but mostly do it for the rush.

saool
07-13-2012, 10:25 AM
I got an ocean diamond yesterday on my 2nd er 3rd run in a regular map. It's just luck, and I also got a bongo, forgot where though.

Edit: I still think the drop rate is a bit too low imo

Chopper
07-13-2012, 10:29 AM
Im hoping they add daily quests for them, like vampire silver and wood. That would suck for those trying to sell them for 1.5 million gold however, lol

FluffNStuff
07-13-2012, 10:31 AM
Im hoping they add daily quests for them, like vampire silver and wood. That would suck for those trying to sell them for 1.5 million gold however, lol

Those were components of components. Since these just require a couple items, and they are pink, it is clear that she was cutting down on the amount of items and just making them rare drops.

saool
07-13-2012, 10:53 AM

I like this idea...would be awesome.

Windwaiker
07-13-2012, 10:57 AM
There could be a quest where you must collect 50 boss kills from each boss and turn them in for an OBD, but only at regular dungeons do the boss kills count. >:D

Noodleleg
07-13-2012, 10:58 AM
Derp face... I sold one for like 450k...

trunzoc
07-13-2012, 11:02 AM
I really can't see an issue with the drop rate. I ran about 10 runs in normal Sandbar Lagoon last night. I got 1 OBD and saw 4 others drop. I was not using elixers, but had on Bigger luck.

Jugernugetx
07-13-2012, 11:33 AM
I really can't see an issue with the drop rate. I ran about 10 runs in normal Sandbar Lagoon last night. I got 1 OBD and saw 4 others drop. I was not using elixers, but had on Bigger luck.

some people are so lucky that way. Plus it is normal for them to have quests for components for components for crafting ;)

Suentous PO
07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
MB isn't a gold mine. It's a gamble that doesn't always work out. I have a couple friends who capped like 4 times. I've spent a LOT there and have yet to make cap. I bet it sounds like agent rich sceeme if you haven't failed at it some.

vampinoy
07-13-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure of this but I think Techno mentioned that the Humania drop rate is still generally high even after the most recent nerf in Monster Bash drop rate. I cannot find the link though. I think we haven't seen the last drop rate nerf in Monster Bash...as a monster bash runner myself, I've already seen significant decline in activity compared to the first week of Humania Launch. It was only revived after the crafting patch arrived (panic farming), but MB runs should taper down again as time goes by...everyone runs out of platinum at one point :) Most hardcore platinum farmers who've been murdering MB since the launch are most likely tapping their reserves by now *cough*. Give it a couple more weeks, you'll see people going back to their "normal" PL lives...not by choice...lack of funding LOL.

kiitz
07-13-2012, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure of this but I think Techno mentioned that the Humania drop rate is still generally high even after the most recent nerf in Monster Bash drop rate. I cannot find the link though. I think we haven't seen the last drop rate nerf in Monster Bash...as a monster bash runner myself, I've already seen significant decline in activity compared to the first week of Humania Launch. It was only revived after the crafting patch arrived (panic farming), but MB runs should taper down again as time goes by...everyone runs out of platinum at one point :) Most hardcore platinum farmers who've been murdering MB since the launch are most likely tapping their reserves by now *cough*. Give it a couple more weeks, you'll see people going back to their "normal" PL lives...not by choice...lack of funding LOL.

Eh, the people who have money to spend on high cost/high yield runs like 4x monster bash with luck elixir make enough money to do it non-stop. Anybody who is willing to spend that much on plat has time that is worth much more than what they are spending. I used to run elixired non-stop and if I were interested in making more gold, I would be able to do MB runs as long as I want without ever running out of enough money to fund the plat. However, I have no need to try to make more gold, so I don't buy more plat to do MB runs.

Using hard numbers, let's say it costs 100 plat per hour to do MB runs with elixir and luck pot (I don't know exactly what the number is.) Buying the 2k plat packs at $90, means that they are spending $4.5/hour to play pocket legends. If you are a young professional with a decent job, like a programmer, or perhaps accountant or some other office job making between $50-80k/year you can easily fund that with no real life $$ problems for 2-4 hours a day without batting an eye. We readily drop $10 on movies, $5 on coffee, $100 on a nice steak dinner. Paying $4.5/hour (or whatever the number actually is) is a pittance for that entire category of people.

Like me, I think people will just stop when they have hit like 30-40M (or whatever they feel like would be a nice personal stash of extra gold).

There is definitely a huge and rapidly widening gap between those who have the money to spend on plat and those who do not. But I understand the "Free to play" model well enough that, it pretty much has to be this way for STS to make good money. You have to cater to those individuals that make you money, not the masses who do not. It just makes business sense.

Just like when flying in an airplane. The frequent fliers who have silver/gold/platinum status or those who buy business or first class airfare get AMAZING service. Everyone else just fills the plane and gets pretty crappy service. The people who make the business money will be catered to. Those who do not, will not.

The Flash
07-13-2012, 05:48 PM
You are unlucky i looted 6 and sould for 1.1mil. Check cs they go for 1mil to 1.1mil so 7 should be like 7mil to 8mil at most.

Yvonnel
07-13-2012, 06:05 PM
You guys are crazy. I can fund a whole year of World of Warcraft for what you guys are spending to get these drops.

Hit me with a PM if you want a RAF for WoW. I'll hook you up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

KingFu
07-13-2012, 06:20 PM
I bought thrasher, removed the luck and bought Shamrick Elixer. And went in bash until my thrash ran out spent around 100

Considered doing that, but it's 72 plat an hour from GH, 80 from store.

Walkhardd
07-13-2012, 06:35 PM
The new sets are always around 10 mil when they first come out. I payed 8.5mil to craft an orlok set. Lol.

modredd
07-13-2012, 06:36 PM
I find the Blue Diamond price and drop rate poor to say the least!
I sold my sets as I got most of them as drops and will hold on to my 6-7 million gold.
I will NOT pay 7 million to craft a set,It's ridiculous!
A new campaign is months away,I'll wait until the price goes down,In the meantime my angel gear plus my C.O.P set bonus for armor is enough!

kiitz
07-13-2012, 06:49 PM
You guys are crazy. I can fund a whole year of World of Warcraft for what you guys are spending to get these drops.

If you are playing WoW, why are you even touching PL?! lol.
I guess, unless you only play PL when you are away from your computer and traveling or in the car or something, but it would make no sense to play PL when you have WoW as an alternative.

I reason why I personally play PL over WoW is because WoW really becomes too indepth. I am too busy with work to attend scheduled raids or arrange times with 2 to 4 other people for arenas (also, it was way too addicting.)

PL sort of gives me the perfect balance of, a fun MMO, but light enough that you can pick it up and put it down anytime without getting too addicted or feeling like you are really falling behind all the others doing raids or pushing their arena rating.

kiitz
07-13-2012, 06:50 PM
I find the Blue Diamond price and drop rate poor to say the least!
I sold my sets as I got most of them as drops and will hold on to my 6-7 million gold.
I will NOT pay 7 million to craft a set,It's ridiculous!
A new campaign is months away,I'll wait until the price goes down,In the meantime my angel gear plus my C.O.P set bonus for armor is enough!

I would say the 1 really good thing they did for the players who were dedicated, but not necessarily plat rich was giving the Angel sets. They are more than good enough to do all the PvE in the game.

Swords
07-13-2012, 06:58 PM
its like crafting demonic.... 5 glyphic blade steel 350k each is like 1.5 mil alone and demonic cost 1m alone

Sometimes crafting is more expensive than just buying :/

ThePvpTwink
07-13-2012, 07:14 PM
First run in monster bash:

Host received: Humanian tiki trance bongo from boo gee
You received: OCEAN BLUE DIAMOND from koko krunch...(sold for 1.1m)lol..

FluffNStuff
07-13-2012, 08:00 PM

Good luck playing WoW on the throne at work. Hey, I'm just saying what were all thinking :)

JaytB
07-13-2012, 08:41 PM
Personally, I think drop rates are fine. And no, I didn't get a single ocean's diamond as drop (not in monster bash nor in regular runs).

If they make drop rates too high, everyone will have crafted sets in no time, and start complaining about how they have nothing to do anymore.

At least, that's my opinion about it.

Energizeric
07-13-2012, 10:29 PM
Personally, I think drop rates are fine. And no, I didn't get a single ocean's diamond as drop (not in monster bash nor in regular runs).

If they make drop rates too high, everyone will have crafted sets in no time, and start complaining about how they have nothing to do anymore.

At least, that's my opinion about it.

I agree. It should be difficult to obtain the best gear in game. If crafted Humania gear becomes as common as crafted orlok, I think I will go back to my original plan of trying to put together a demonic set.

Buddyf97
07-13-2012, 11:25 PM
I think it would be great to see more uncrafted items than crafted for once! Distinguishes the players a little bit.

modredd
07-14-2012, 12:38 AM
I have to eat my words, I tried soloing monster bash and barely kill the boss and get diamond, Move on to next boss and just guess what happens, Re-roll blue diamond.
I laughed out loud and made 2,000,000.
I bought my gear back cheaper then I sold it.
You will hear no complaints from me.
:-)

Jugernugetx
07-14-2012, 01:20 AM
I have to eat my words, I tried soloing monster bash and barely kill the boss and get diamond, Move on to next boss and just guess what happens, Re-roll blue diamond.
I laughed out loud and made 2,000,000.
I bought my gear back cheaper then I sold it.
You will hear no complaints from me.
:-)

farm for me, oh so not selfish one o.o for i can not enter monster bashhhhh

Yvonnel
07-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Good luck playing WoW on the throne at work. Hey, I'm just saying what were all thinking :)

Haha! That's why I still play PL! For those times when it might be awkward to be caught with my laptop.

Swimmingstar
07-14-2012, 01:48 PM
I did 4 runs in Monster Bash and only saw 1 Hula Staff drop to another person on my first run. So I think you have to be extremely lucky to see 5 drop in 10 minutes.

Chopper
07-14-2012, 04:34 PM
I did 4 runs in Monster Bash and only saw 1 Hula Staff drop to another person on my first run. So I think you have to be extremely lucky to see 5 drop in 10 minutes.

Same here. Did monster bash a number of times. Just garbage purples dropping. What a waste for me.

Griffinfan
07-14-2012, 04:43 PM
I did 4 hours of Sandbar/Devils coast runs, saw 3 70 Pinks drop but no diamonds either, so join the club :) maybe they are like a 56 nuri drop ;)

PownagePlus
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Gotten two pinks (before crafted sets) and done about 3 hours in regular map but no OBD seen :-/