PDA

View Full Version : How do you feel about gear prices?

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:07 AM
Just curious because i'm not on enough to farm and i think 1mil+ for dex items or for a set is crazy since i can barely get 100k. I understand they're rare but anyways whats your thoughts?

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Jugernugetx
07-13-2012, 11:08 AM
they are fine, its the diamonds that have me worried about people >.<

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:11 AM
But how do you farm and farm and farm? I do a few boss runs no pinks get discouraged and just wait til tomorrow for daily so i dont know what im doing wrong. Never get any pinks. Last pink i got was from fang and before that was the sewer days lol

Whirlzap
07-13-2012, 11:13 AM
Monster Bash ruined the game.

Rich platinum people get even richer.
People who don't use Monster Bash now can't even get a good pink from over 40 runs of Sandbar.

mike1298
07-13-2012, 11:14 AM
You don't farm enough. Can't do a few runs a day and hope to get rich, odds are against you. Sometimes it has taken me a week to get a worthwhile drop, then again you can get multiple in a few hours. Just have to stick to it and not give up.

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:19 AM
You don't farm enough. Can't do a few runs a day and hope to get rich, odds are against you. Sometimes it has taken me a week to get a worthwhile drop, then again you can get multiple in a few hours. Just have to stick to it and not give up.

But its boring...

StompArtist
07-13-2012, 11:21 AM
But its boring...

Not to the farmers... welcome to the non farming community. We have cookies but no money. lol

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
Not to the farmers... welcome to the non farming community. We have cookies but no money. lol

Theb how do we have cookies? O.o i mean i can farm sand caves cause makes me feel lucky same with farming skellar krunch just so i know pinks still exist xP

trunzoc
07-13-2012, 11:23 AM
I agree about the diamonds. I got 1 lst night. 2nd pink I got in Humania after a 68 islander wand. Both are the only pinks I was ever got since starting the game that I was able to sell for over about 50k.

I'm the same as your razer. I only play a few hours a night after the kids go to sleep, so I can't "farm".

I got the OBD, went to CS and saw them for 1.4 mil. Shouted I was selling for 1mil. Sold it for 1 mil. Went back to Lagoon and saw 4 more drop is as many runs. TBO, I think the issue is that people are so "OMGINEEDTOBECOMPLETELYCRAFTEDIMMEDIATELY" that they are not even taking the time to realize that the crafting drops, at least not the OBDs are NOT that rare right now.

The 1mil I got for the OCD brought the total gold I had to 1.2mil and was the most I ever had at once.

As far as prices on the rest of the gear, I see what I expected to. Right now they are higher than normal because everyone is trying to buy them to craft. You can already see the trend of the non-craftables dropping to the basement an the craftables rising through the roof. This is not a good time for us "casual players" to get our gear.

I'm happy with my angel gear for now. In another month, or less, the CS will look exactly like it did for fang. Non-craftable stuff will be sub-100k, likely even sub-25k. Craftable stuff will still be way higher, but will constantly drop as more and more become available.

So lots of typing to say "Prices are inline with what you would expect"

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:34 AM
I agree about the diamonds. I got 1 lst night. 2nd pink I got in Humania after a 68 islander wand. Both are the only pinks I was ever got since starting the game that I was able to sell for over about 50k.

I'm the same as your razer. I only play a few hours a night after the kids go to sleep, so I can't "farm".

I got the OBD, went to CS and saw them for 1.4 mil. Shouted I was selling for 1mil. Sold it for 1 mil. Went back to Lagoon and saw 4 more drop is as many runs. TBO, I think the issue is that people are so "OMGINEEDTOBECOMPLETELYCRAFTEDIMMEDIATELY" that they are not even taking the time to realize that the crafting drops, at least not the OBDs are NOT that rare right now.

The 1mil I got for the OCD brought the total gold I had to 1.2mil and was the most I ever had at once.

As far as prices on the rest of the gear, I see what I expected to. Right now they are higher than normal because everyone is trying to buy them to craft. You can already see the trend of the non-craftables dropping to the basement an the craftables rising through the roof. This is not a good time for us "casual players" to get our gear.

I'm happy with my angel gear for now. In another month, or less, the CS will look exactly like it did for fang. Non-craftable stuff will be sub-100k, likely even sub-25k. Craftable stuff will still be way higher, but will constantly drop as more and more become available.

So lots of typing to say "Prices are inline with what you would expect"

Yeah true, i guess if you want to be the best you gotta have nothin the do but PL all day i guess or have a lot of money.

Swimmingstar
07-13-2012, 11:37 AM
If you just use daily elixir most of the time and stop, eventually you'll get a couple of pinks, I'm not really into the farming thing.

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 11:59 AM
If you just use daily elixir most of the time and stop, eventually you'll get a couple of pinks, I'm not really into the farming thing.

Thanks for the enthusiasim :) ill hope to get a few someday lol

ThePvpTwink
07-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Try killing duke Edward about 30 times a day. Got 4 pinks ;)

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Try killing duke Edward about 30 times a day. Got 4 pinks ;)

Where can i find him?

Mothwing
07-13-2012, 12:17 PM
Where can i find him?

Mount Fang...

Walkhardd
07-13-2012, 12:19 PM
What are diamonds? O.o

There's no point of complaining about prices set by players. If nobody buys the prices go down. If they don't go down, you're doing something wrong. I never had a problem buying sets, and I didn't ever farm.

McBain
07-13-2012, 01:05 PM
I think the gear prices are fine. "Fine" in that they seem in line with gear prices from previous campaigns when they were still new. Remember how expensive Nuri gear was at first? Geez, it still is, actually. I don't mind stuff being rare as long as everybody is pretty much in the same boat. It does kinda irk me that the platinum big spenders get all the drops in monster bash.

Rare
07-13-2012, 01:10 PM
People who don't use Monster Bash now can't even get a good pink from over 40 runs of Sandbar.

No joke... I haevn't gotten a "good" pink yet.

-kyleww
07-13-2012, 01:11 PM
What are diamonds? O.o

diamonds are used to make crafted humania gear

Ive only gotten one pink since ao3 lol and it was worth 7k

CrimsonTider
07-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Prices are always ridiculous after an update. Give it a week, and after more people reach Humania and farm more, prices will slowly drop. Greed, I tell ya.... greed!

Energizeric
07-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Not every one is meant to have the legendary (pink) gear sets. If everybody did have it, then the game would get boring. Not everyone in real life drives a Ferrari. How about you settle for the purple Humania gear. The purple ballista along with dex helm and armor makes a fine set. It's not as good as the pink gear, but it's not bad either. Or get pink fang gear.

razerfingers
07-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Not every one is meant to have the legendary (pink) gear sets. If everybody did have it, then the game would get boring. Not everyone in real life drives a Ferrari. How about you settle for the purple Humania gear. The purple ballista along with dex helm and armor makes a fine set. It's not as good as the pink gear, but it's not bad either. Or get pink fang gear.

I use angelic set on all three mains atm and have crafted orlok xP and tiki shanks and tiki malo wear of tiki i bought when price was 200k for both lol thats lvl 70 but i just wanna look like a ninja turtle on my bear too -_- lol

Energizeric
07-13-2012, 10:15 PM
I use angelic set on all three mains atm and have crafted orlok xP and tiki shanks and tiki malo wear of tiki i bought when price was 200k for both lol thats lvl 70 but i just wanna look like a ninja turtle on my bear too -_- lol

So work hard, farm for gold and other gear you can sell, and in time you will be able to afford what you need. Humania has been good to me and with some early predictions I made when prices were lower, I've been able to buy several sets and profit from them. But prior to Humania, I never got a single pink drop in the Shadow Caves, Sewers, Nuri or Fang. But I farmed the lower levels for cheap pinks, farmed Plasma Pyramid for gold, saved up, and after a few months was able to afford a Fortified Sword Set which I eventually sold and traded up for a Glyph Set.

Nothing easily obtained is well appreciated.