PDA

View Full Version : Use luck...please

Lawpvp
04-16-2022, 01:33 PM
I still see people making comments like "I get better loot when I don't use luck"

....no....that's not possible....makes my brain hurt that people think this way, so we're going to play 2 different games.

GAME #1: We are flipping a coin. If it's heads, I owe you a dollar. If it's tails, you owe me a dollar. Sometimes you might win a bit of money, sometimes I might win a bit of money, but in the long run things will be about even.

This ^^^^^^ is like playing the game without any luck. Sometimes your loot will be good, sometimes bad, but about average in the long run. 50/50

Game #2: We are flipping two coins. If EITHER COIN is heads, I owe you a dollar. If BOTH coins are tails, you owe me a dollar. In the long run, you will win 75% of the time, this game isn't even at all. In real life, you would play this game all day with me because you would just be taking my money.

This ^^^^^^ is like playing the game with luck. Sure you still have a 25% chance to lose, but in the long run it's much better than the first game.

Now let's say we are playing Game #2. By sheer randomness, I win like 5 rounds in a row. After losing $5, you get salty and decide you want to go back to playing Game #1. You then win a few rounds in a row playing Game #1 and start telling people that Game #1 is better than Game #2. @people in AL community who do this, This is how ridiculous you sound when you make statements like "I get better loot without luck."

No, you don't. Don't listen to people who have no idea what is going on and make statements like ^^^ based on their personal experience. Their personal experience is 100% irrelevant, as is your own. Don't overthink it, trust the math, and use luck...please

If you want an in depth explanation of how reroll works, go read my post in this thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?626022-Question-about-reroll&highlight=reroll

Analytical
04-16-2022, 01:55 PM
I still see people making comments like "I get better loot when I don't use luck"

....no....that's not possible....makes my brain hurt that people think this way, so we're going to play 2 different games.

GAME #1: We are flipping a coin. If it's heads, I owe you a dollar. If it's tails, you owe me a dollar. Sometimes you might win a bit of money, sometimes I might win a bit of money, but in the long run things will be about even.

This ^^^^^^ is like playing the game without any luck. Sometimes your loot will be good, sometimes bad, but about average in the long run. 50/50

Game #2: We are flipping two coins. If EITHER COIN is heads, I owe you a dollar. If BOTH coins are tails, you owe me a dollar. In the long run, you will win 75% of the time, this game isn't even at all. In real life, you would play this game all day with me because you would just be taking my money.

This ^^^^^^ is like playing the game with luck. Sure you still have a 25% chance to lose, but in the long run it's much better than the first game.

Now let's say we are playing Game #2. By sheer randomness, I win like 5 rounds in a row. After losing $5, you get salty and decide you want to go back to playing Game #1. You then win a few rounds in a row playing Game #1 and start telling people that Game #1 is better than Game #2. @people in AL community who do this, This is how ridiculous you sound when you make statements like "I get better loot without luck."

No, you don't. Don't listen to people who have no idea what is going on and make statements like ^^^ based on their personal experience. Their personal experience is 100% irrelevant, as is your own. Don't overthink it, trust the math, and use luck...please

If you want an in depth explanation of how reroll works, go read my post in this thread https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?626022-Question-about-reroll&highlight=reroll

Intelligence is sexxxxxxxyyyy.

No, this is not a proposal, it is an appreciation of nature's beauty! [emoji14]

AucResearcher
04-16-2022, 05:43 PM
Yes......its weird that some ppl say they got better loot without luck XD i mean like why in the world would luck exist if its just gonna make your loot bad....i have met some of the ppl like that as well

Juicymango
04-19-2022, 04:15 AM
Nice explanation :) Ill keep that in mind, if someone will say that to me again :)

JustStopTHIS
04-19-2022, 02:26 PM
nice thread!