PDA

View Full Version : Poseidon's Ring PvE

Marosok
04-16-2022, 03:10 PM
Hi STS,

i grew up with Battlefield series with their Conquest/Domination game modes, where two large teams fight for flags. First time i saw "domination" in roadmap i liked the idea. Here is thread about it: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?609890-Preview-quot-Poseidon-s-Ring-quot-Domination-PvP!-A-New-Honor-Arena!&highlight=Poseidon

Poseidon’s ring domination was meant for PvP. Since i am not PvP player in this game i can't tell if it is populated or not, probably not. I was thinking of bringing this idea into PvE environment. Since you already have map created, and map looks great, i would like to suggest PvE version of this game mode with following details:

Details:
Name: Poseidon's Ring, PvE Domination
Main goal: Secure control points (flags) and reach score limit to win the map
Number of players in team: 4 (random/ party)
Time Limit: None
Score Limit: 5,000 pts
Capture time for flag: 5 sec
Score per second of capturing: 10pts
Score for successful capture: 100pts
Flag captured by the enemy: - 50 pts
Reward for captured flag: 10,000 gold (only 1x for flag / 50k in total/ map)
Respawn system: Player killed in battle can't use ankh, he/she will respawn in the middle of the map
LB: based on number of victories
Duration of LB: 3 months (paired with season)
Reward: maybe vanity, that comes in different color every season, or banner, badge, or nothing :)
Loot from map: jewels (higher rate with elixirs), elite runner chests, crafting material, energy essences during events (higher rate)

Background:
Rahabkor's troops are trying to get on the surface to seize Arlor's land. Poseidon is Arlor's only hope, fighting ruthless underwater creatures alone to keep them in the abyss. Their attacks are stronger and in greater numbers, God of the Sea needs help. He sent his loyal Samson (pet) to recruit strongest heroes of Arlor to fight by his side to keep enemy forces in the abyss, where, as he hope, we defeat them with their Lord Rahabkor once and for all. Blah, blah, blah :)
Note: Samson can show up after defeating any of Zodias bosses. We take quest from him only 1x to open Poseidon's ring PvE arena.

Description (using details from above):
Team of brave players start in the middle (respawn from picture down below). Main goal is to secure control points (flags) A,B,C,D, and E, but it should not be easy. In this dynamic battle mobs (zodias enemies + Mini-bosses) are spawning in random order near flags and are trying to capture flags.
How to lose? :)
Once mobs capture all flags (flags turn in red), players lose the battle. Every flag captured by mobs decrease total score earned by players by 50.
How to win?
Players fight mobs at flags, and capture the flags (flags turn in blue). Only when flag is clear of mobs, it can be captured. Capture time is 5 seconds, player gets 10pts/sec for capturing the flag, 100pts for successful capture (standing in flag at the end of 5 sec). So, player can get total of 150 pts/flag. Every captured flag gives 10,000 gold to the player (only 1x per flag). Point limit is set to 5,000 pts and points of all players count together (e.g if all 4 players stand in one flag, they can get up to 600pts/flag). So, for fastest win we need 9 flags taken by entire team while mobs can't take a single flag. Players can win only, when they reach 5,000 pts. Every death in team makes run harder, because player will respawn in the middle of map.

Once players reach 5,000 points, they win. What does this mean? Every victory counts toward LB. LB is for players with most victories in game mode. At the end of season (3 months) players with most victories receive reward (maybe vanity set, that changes color every season same as badges, or badge, or nothing).

Note: This is just an idea, if STS decide to look into this, point system, reward system, the way to play this game mode, everything is up to them to decide.

Closure:
Because i love Conquest game mode in Battlefield, i thought it would be great to have it in my favorite game. Other reasons:
- I made this suggestion to bring something, as i believe interesting to the endgame, dynamic game mode, where mobs spawn on different places, taking different flags every run.
- I was also thinking of giving players new map, other than Upper Hauntlet, where players can farm PvE kills, jewels, some other loot and energy essences during events.
- I thought of using this map either for Zodias environment or in different environments per season (now zodias, next season Mausoleum, later Tindirin, and so on)

I understand if it is not worth of implementing, or would cause problems i did not count in. Hope you'll like this idea.

Picture of Map:

Thanks for reading,
Tc

Straef
04-17-2022, 05:36 AM
Hi STS,

i grew up with Battlefield series with their Conquest/Domination game modes, where two large teams fight for flags. First time i saw "domination" in roadmap i liked the idea. Here is thread about it: https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?609890-Preview-quot-Poseidon-s-Ring-quot-Domination-PvP!-A-New-Honor-Arena!&highlight=Poseidon

Poseidon’s ring domination was meant for PvP. Since i am not PvP player in this game i can't tell if it is populated or not, probably not. I was thinking of bringing this idea into PvE environment. Since you already have map created, and map looks great, i would like to suggest PvE version of this game mode with following details:

Details:
Name: Poseidon's Ring, PvE Domination
Main goal: Secure control points (flags) and reach score limit to win the map
Number of players in team: 4 (random/ party)
Time Limit: None
Score Limit: 5,000 pts
Capture time for flag: 5 sec
Score per second of capturing: 10pts
Score for successful capture: 100pts
Flag captured by the enemy: - 50 pts
Reward for captured flag: 10,000 gold (only 1x for flag / 50k in total/ map)
Respawn system: Player killed in battle can't use ankh, he/she will respawn in the middle of the map
LB: based on number of victories
Duration of LB: 3 months (paired with season)
Reward: maybe vanity, that comes in different color every season, or banner, badge, or nothing :)
Loot from map: jewels (higher rate with elixirs), elite runner chests, crafting material, energy essences during events (higher rate)

Background:
Rahabkor's troops are trying to get on the surface to seize Arlor's land. Poseidon is Arlor's only hope, fighting ruthless underwater creatures alone to keep them in the abyss. Their attacks are stronger and in greater numbers, God of the Sea needs help. He sent his loyal Samson (pet) to recruit strongest heroes of Arlor to fight by his side to keep enemy forces in the abyss, where, as he hope, we defeat them with their Lord Rahabkor once and for all. Blah, blah, blah :)
Note: Samson can show up after defeating any of Zodias bosses. We take quest from him only 1x to open Poseidon's ring PvE arena.

Description (using details from above):
Team of brave players start in the middle (respawn from picture down below). Main goal is to secure control points (flags) A,B,C,D, and E, but it should not be easy. In this dynamic battle mobs (zodias enemies + Mini-bosses) are spawning in random order near flags and are trying to capture flags.
How to lose? :)
Once mobs capture all flags (flags turn in red), players lose the battle. Every flag captured by mobs decrease total score earned by players by 50.
How to win?
Players fight mobs at flags, and capture the flags (flags turn in blue). Only when flag is clear of mobs, it can be captured. Capture time is 5 seconds, player gets 10pts/sec for capturing the flag, 100pts for successful capture (standing in flag at the end of 5 sec). So, player can get total of 150 pts/flag. Every captured flag gives 10,000 gold to the player (only 1x per flag). Point limit is set to 5,000 pts and points of all players count together (e.g if all 4 players stand in one flag, they can get up to 600pts/flag). So, for fastest win we need 9 flags taken by entire team while mobs can't take a single flag. Players can win only, when they reach 5,000 pts. Every death in team makes run harder, because player will respawn in the middle of map.

Once players reach 5,000 points, they win. What does this mean? Every victory counts toward LB. LB is for players with most victories in game mode. At the end of season (3 months) players with most victories receive reward (maybe vanity set, that changes color every season same as badges, or badge, or nothing).

Note: This is just an idea, if STS decide to look into this, point system, reward system, the way to play this game mode, everything is up to them to decide.

Closure:
Because i love Conquest game mode in Battlefield, i thought it would be great to have it in my favorite game. Other reasons:
- I made this suggestion to bring something, as i believe interesting to the endgame, dynamic game mode, where mobs spawn on different places, taking different flags every run.
- I was also thinking of giving players new map, other than Upper Hauntlet, where players can farm PvE kills, jewels, some other loot and energy essences during events.
- I thought of using this map either for Zodias environment or in different environments per season (now zodias, next season Mausoleum, later Tindirin, and so on)

I understand if it is not worth of implementing, or would cause problems i did not count in. Hope you'll like this idea.

Picture of Map:

Thanks for reading,
TcCan we get this guy a job application [emoji23]
This ideal would be fantastic

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk