PDA

View Full Version : Xanthia's Healing Build 1.0

Xanthia
04-19-2010, 02:39 PM
Hello fellow Enchantresses, I understand our class is very diverse. Possibly the most diverse class in the game, we can DPS (Damage Per Second) or Heal/Buff. I am a complete Heal/Buff player, and when I say that I mean it. I have only one damaging spell that I am able to use because I respec'ed and only have 4 points in Drain Life. I am going to break down where I distributed my points, so that the wanna be healers will have some guidance and also I would like for Tanks, Archers, and DPS Mages to also read this so that they can understand how I am improving their skills along with keeping them alive.

On my hotbar to the left I have:

Magic Shield - Rank 5
Divert incoming damage to your mana pool! Cost 20. 12 sec. duration. +Armor per rank.
Blessing of Vitality - Rank 5
Increase party health regeneration! Cost 60. Reduce mana cost per rank.
Blessing of Might - Rank 5
Increase your party's strength and damage! Cost 60. Reduce cost per rank.
Heal - Rank 5
Restore health! Cost 30. +10 per rank.

Also, you can cast spells by pressing the open scroll book at the top right hand corner of your screen.
Other spells I use:

Resurrect - Rank 5
Bring your friends back immediately! Cost 70 at Rank 1. Reduce Cost -10 per rank.
Drain Life - Rank 4
Steal health from your target... for yourself! Cost 30. +Damage / +Health per rank.

So, if you begin battle you cast BOV (Blessing of Vitality) and BOM (Blessing of Might) which combined cost you 20 Mana. The cast Heal as health of party members get low. Something you all might be wondering is why Mana Shield is a good thing for a Mana user. If you are dead, you are no better than if you have no Mana. So, if you are in a fight with your group, and as a Healer you will absolutely pull aggro from at least 1 mob at sometime, and you start to take heavy damage, you can cast mana shield which increases your armor rating and all the damage that originally would effect your health bar will now effect your mana bar. But you ask, "But Xanthia, if I have no mana, How will I heal?" If you are a true healer, you will have an extremely high amount of your attribute points in Intelligence which boosts your Mana Pool and your M/S (Mana Regenerated Per Second). Also, you will equip weapons and armor that boost your M/S and Mana rating positively and not so much on your DPS or any other Stat. After you have done all of this, you will find that you will regenerate enough Mana in my case 2 seconds to cast a heal, so even with mobs attacking my mana pool I am able to keep my group members alive and cast heal every time it is available. Cast BOV and BOM every opportunity you can, VERY IMPORTANT. It helps your DPS do more damage which kills mobs quicker, which in turn ends the battle quicker which means less chance for disaster and less healing, and it increases your party's health regeneration by +4 which adds up when occurring every second and will help supplement your heals. Also, while your group is fighting MOBs make sure you are staying at maximum range from your party and ALWAYS move because you do not need to be stationary to heal, it will help keep the damage to a minimum and also reduce the risk of getting an Ailment like being Frozen like what happens in "The Lost Expansion"

The reason I chose drain life as my last 4 skill points is in a complete emergency if your heal and mana shield are down and you are taking on damage, you can attack the enemy and steal health to keep yourself alive.

If you have any other questions feel free!

**Disclaimer** This build is designed for a close group of skilled players, it is most effective when the Warrior plays a true role of tank, while DPS wait for his lead. This build does work in PUG's (Pick Up Groups) but it is designed for skilled gamers.

**Warning** Do not expect to produce any damage on this build, I can say I hardly ever use my Auto-Attack, it is a waste of time in percentage point comparison to what the Archers and Mage Enchantresses are doing.

Xanthia's Healing Build 1.0

Game Hard!!! :cool:

P.S. Feedback is encouraged!!

KronicDecay
04-19-2010, 02:48 PM
For a true healer and buffer I highly reccomend this build. I had almost the same build before I respecced (wanted to be able to solo in dark forest for drops so I added a few aoe spells). But great guide and build I give it a 10/10

Zeya
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM
Nice write up. I have a question. How do you know when BoV and BoM are going away? I assume they last some amount of time, right? Do you pop it when the group is about to take on a new group of enemies?

Xanthia
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Yes, you cast both these spells before a battle and sometimes multiple times during a long boss fight.

jbrulz
04-19-2010, 03:07 PM
sounds like a very solid build for healing. i like how it works for a rather skilled group since that's how the game SHOULD be played (but hardly is).

Hurs
04-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I can say from experience that this build works; I rarely die while tanking if Xan is healing ^_^

Azrael
04-19-2010, 06:03 PM
Having played with you this is probably the best healing build one can make.
That being said having Debuffs seems to be the best addition to a healer. The buffs are very weak, with BoV only adding 1 h/s and BoM only adding 6 str and 1 armor. Given that they last 2 minutes using 8 extra points on these skills to save mana is only useful if you just cant stand using potions.
Also (and i know i told you this in chat) The 160 or so points in intelligence that you character has, has only giving you 80 more intelligence on top of the 300 points a level 1 healer has. This is a minor bonus... so if "you can't heal if you are dead" is a problem... i'd suggest putting points in strength and making sure you have as much armor as possible. a level 30 can have as high as 53 base armor and an addition 13 with mana shield. Sacrificing armor for for intelligence points on gear is not a wise decision.

Instead of expounding on my disappointment with the enchantress class and the role that they are able to fill, i'll simply say this is a solid write up, Good job Xanthia.

Zeya
04-19-2010, 06:09 PM
I'd love to see a write-up on where the diminishing returns come into play when pumping points into Intellegence. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know when to stop and balance out Str and Dex. I've noticed that the "M/s" mana/second regen stat only increments every X points that you put into Int. Does the regen still increment with each Int point, but you just can't tell because they don't show numbers with decimal points in the stats? Haha I guess we're only a few days old with this game but I'm still interested. Someone will figure this out one day soon I'm sure.

Azrael
04-19-2010, 07:02 PM
I'd love to see a write-up on where the diminishing returns come into play when pumping points into Intellegence. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know when to stop and balance out Str and Dex. I've noticed that the "M/s" mana/second regen stat only increments every X points that you put into Int. Does the regen still increment with each Int point, but you just can't tell because they don't show numbers with decimal points in the stats? Haha I guess we're only a few days old with this game but I'm still interested. Someone will figure this out one day soon I'm sure.

I'll be doing a write up on Enchantress issues soon. For the short term though, intelligence gives 1/2 a point of mana per per intel point, and you gain 1 m/s for every 50 points of intelligence. To be honest, intelligence barely helps a caster at all... but again this thread is not the place for that...

Zeya
04-19-2010, 07:33 PM
I'll be doing a write up on Enchantress issues soon. For the short term though, intelligence gives 1/2 a point of mana per per intel point, and you gain 1 m/s for every 50 points of intelligence. To be honest, intelligence barely helps a caster at all... but again this thread is not the place for that...

Awesome thanks. I'm at level 18 and I have 97 Int right now. So I'll put 3 more to get another point of M/s regen and then I'l balance dexterity a bit because I keep missing on regular attacks.

LordRaid
04-23-2010, 01:40 AM
this is probably the best healing build one can make.

i'd suggest putting points in strength and making sure you have as much armor as possible.
Sacrificing armor for for intelligence points on gear is not a wise decision.

Good job Xanthia.

Bolded and underlined for the parts I completely agree with. I've yet to see a better healer build, great job.

Zeya
05-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Hey Xanthia, I saw that you hit 35 in another thread. What's your build looking like now, if you don't mind sharing?

Xanthia
05-06-2010, 04:29 PM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?1461-Xanthia-s-Healing-Build-2.0&p=12321#post12321

New Post :)