PDA

View Full Version : Remove Chat Muting Bans Due Foul Language

Mogunsforme
07-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Remove banning of players that say foul things. In my oppinion its the people who hack other's accounts for money/items etc. that need to be banned. What should be done about potty mouths is to just let other players mute them. I mean i have been muted ALOT in the past and most of them were accidental mutes. Yeah sure i know u devs want to keep the game clean and all but isnt that what the mute button is for ? With the mute/ban system the way it is u woul start losing more and more players. In other words the mute system is pointless seeing as though we have a mute button. Yet again, even the best of players get an accidental mute sometimes. This one of the reasons why some players leave this game. Please correct this problem. Thank you if u do

Paar
07-14-2012, 05:09 PM
You refer to the banning system as a problem? This is a Rated Pg-13 game. Most of the population that plays this is under the age of 17. What would happen to the players with potty mouths? NOTHING. They need to be taught a lesson. Honestly, STS is already babying the players (IMO) with only muting players with bad language and after a few times a temporary ban? (Correct if wrong). If I had a say, I would make it 3x and done. If you didn't learn your lesson the first or second time, what makes you think you'll ever learn it? Also, The mute button is your friend.

TYRANTO
07-14-2012, 05:35 PM
You refer to the banning system as a problem? This is a Rated Pg-13 game. Most of the population that plays this is under the age of 17. What would happen to the players with potty mouths? NOTHING. They need to be taught a lesson. Honestly, STS is already babying the players (IMO) with only muting players with bad language and after a few times a temporary ban? (Correct if wrong). If I had a say, I would make it 3x and done. If you didn't learn your lesson the first or second time, what makes you think you'll ever learn it? Also, The mute button is your friend.
True is many players are under age of 17:eagerness:

Mitchturbo
07-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Lol ;-) This isn't Dark legends Lmao!
Try to always keep the language respectable for all players ;-)

Deathpunch
07-14-2012, 08:26 PM
Remove banning of players that say foul things. In my oppinion its the people who hack other's accounts for money/items etc. that need to be banned. What should be done about potty mouths is to just let other players mute them. I mean i have been muted ALOT in the past and most of them were accidental mutes. Yeah sure i know u devs want to keep the game clean and all but isnt that what the mute button is for ? With the mute/ban system the way it is u woul start losing more and more players. In other words the mute system is pointless seeing as though we have a mute button. Yet again, even the best of players get an accidental mute sometimes. This one of the reasons why some players leave this game. Please correct this problem. Thank you if u do

Someone has a potty mouth and is constantly being muted, I think. Lol! Quit saying mutable words and guess what? You won't be muted. Crazy, I know, but just try it.

-----
NOTE TO READER: This post should be read with a sarcastic tone.

razerfingers
07-14-2012, 09:47 PM
Someone has a potty mouth and is constantly being muted, I think. Lol! Quit saying mutable words and guess what? You won't be muted. Crazy, I know, but just try it.

-----

I read it with sarcastic tone... And it was funny :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Deathpunch
07-14-2012, 10:37 PM
I read it with sarcastic tone... And it was funny :)

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Lol, since I changed my tapatalk sig to that I've been reading my posts in a sarcastic tone. It works for all of them so far. :D

-----

Elyseon
07-14-2012, 10:47 PM
No you need to learn to control your language

tearacan
07-17-2012, 08:10 AM
remove it, why? Still a lot of player use foul language, even more as people getting bored lately (yay for the egg-fest event, keeping people entertained)

I would like to see better ruling on the mute-ban, because it does mute you for silly 'accidental ' words too. While other writings still go without noticed by any filter on a daily basis.

Swear/rant offline if you think it is accepted, keep online chat clean please!

Walkhardd
07-17-2012, 08:44 AM
Just learn how to swear without being muted. It takes some practice.

Zaonabiuibil
07-17-2012, 08:52 AM

No. Learn how to NOT SWEAR.

Walkhardd
07-17-2012, 09:10 AM

No. Learn how to NOT SWEAR.

Forgive me, I'm a truck driver.

Ps. -Don't take me too seriously. :p

Flowman
07-17-2012, 10:36 AM

Ehh, no.

You can't permanently ban people for language on a mobile phone game after "3 strikes." We're typing with our fingers on touch screen phones, it's human error to make typing mistakes. As there is no list of words we can't say and half of the muted words aren't even bad in my opinion, a 3 strikes you're out policy is a terrible idea.

And please don't say "potty mouth." I feel like I'm in kindergarten again lol. Another reason why I don't like SL chat mechanics...small limit on the amount you can say per entry and too many little kids/virgin eyed adults

PianoWizzy
07-17-2012, 11:05 AM

What needs to be changed is the entire system of keyboard keys. I keep typoing "shot" and "shut" to you-know-what on the little mobile keyboard when I'm on the treadmill and hence shakily speed typing because people are constantly expecting replies from me and U, I, and O being right next to each other.

I'd be banned from the game for typos :(

Zaonabiuibil
07-17-2012, 11:06 AM
What needs to be changed is the entire system of keyboard keys. I keep typoing "shot" and "shut" to you-know-what on the little mobile keyboard when I'm on the treadmill and hence shakily speed typing because people are constantly expecting replies from me and U, I, and O being right next to each other.

I'd be banned from the game for typos :(

Darn outta thanks, +1

morfic
07-17-2012, 11:08 AM
I think a better solution is to remove everyone under 17.

Zaonabiuibil
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM

Win.

PianoWizzy
07-17-2012, 11:09 AM

D:!

morfic
07-17-2012, 11:12 AM
Except Piano.

PianoWizzy
07-17-2012, 11:15 AM
Except Piano.

:D <3

Deathpunch
07-17-2012, 01:45 PM

Yes! It was super-effective for Dark Legends! DOOOO EEEETTTT!!!!

-----
NOTE TO READER: This post should most likely be read with a sarcastic tone.

Flowman
07-17-2012, 05:55 PM

-----
Hey I'm fine with them kids sneaking through as long as it's covered that they're supposed to be 17.
Love not being censored in DL...to an extent (still managed to get muted once :D)

PianoWizzy
07-17-2012, 06:56 PM

-----

ROFL xD