PDA

View Full Version : New Van Drop Rates

Gassyllama
07-15-2012, 09:25 AM
Guys stop bad feedback on the high drop rates for UC gear, is it honestly that bad?

I havnt seen the SL community this active in a LONG time, and it's pretty cool seeing a ton of Marines running around Blackstar.

This event was obviously made to get the most amount of people playing and to give the most amount of fun.

I'm going to change it up and instead of telling STS what I don't like about the update, I'm gonna tell them I love it.

I love it.

Prestige
07-15-2012, 09:35 AM
Title seems a little bit misleading, I thought you were going to post experimental data about the new vanity drop rates. Not sure where this thread is going either, as I don't see many people complaining about the vanities. Glad you are having fun with it?

HunterSLAYER
07-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Have fun selling 100c vanities!
*+Loads of sarcasm.

Sent from my LT26a using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Zaonabiuibil
07-15-2012, 09:39 AM
Considering after this week you'll never get them again, the drop rates are very good.

Gassyllama
07-15-2012, 09:47 AM
If you look at suggestions and other general discussions you'll get my drift.

razerfingers
07-15-2012, 10:01 AM
[QUOTE==>HunterSLAYER
I was one of the first to play and list vanities so i made 109k first day selling em 5-23k when they were new now they're dirt cheap lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Ardon
07-15-2012, 10:31 AM
Vanities are supposed to be rare. These are green level at the most. Sure they won't drop after this week but who won't have all of them? Everybody pretty much has them all. I had them all within an hour of running the infested deck. I don't want them to drop as rarely as squid mech and xrays, but come on, the drop too often and takes the point out of running the infested deck for me.

Ihavenokills
07-15-2012, 10:50 AM
the only issue i have with them is the spam in the AH. takes forever to scroll down the head vanity list to get to the actual things i merch lol

flashbackflip
07-15-2012, 11:31 AM
Vanities are supposed to be rare. These are green level at the most. Sure they won't drop after this week but who won't have all of them? Everybody pretty much has them all. I had them all within an hour of running the infested deck. I don't want them to drop as rarely as squid mech and xrays, but come on, the drop too often and takes the point out of running the infested deck for me.

First of all vanities ARE NOT meant to be rare. Vanities are meant to be worn over casual armor - that's all

Second, as it is said in OP 'tons of marines are running around BS' - and THIS was the idea of event I think - remember, it's the Prometheus event

The ONLY weird thing about vans is that there is no BACK ARMOR vanity anywhere....

akfury
07-15-2012, 12:22 PM
i like them common but they are to common i have 6 full sets and plenty of extra stuff... and i got that in 2 days... considering the event is 7 days they could of made it better my 2 cents

Seiyen
07-15-2012, 12:25 PM
First of all vanities ARE NOT meant to be rare. Vanities are meant to be worn over casual armor - that's all

Second, as it is said in OP 'tons of marines are running around BS' - and THIS was the idea of event I think - remember, it's the Prometheus event

The ONLY weird thing about vans is that there is no BACK ARMOR vanity anywhere....

devs forgot to make it drop. :screwy:

-Raghav

Prestige
07-15-2012, 12:49 PM

Yes for some reason they forgot to include the back pack that is on the desert set.

Kanozaki
07-15-2012, 02:20 PM

ill have to disagree with this . Yes vanities are meant to be worn over armor BUT if they were not meant to be rare , wouldnt you think the devs would have made them drop with Miners luck ? Would we not all have x -rays and squid ? . To me vanities are at the pinnacle of rarity.

Taipan
07-15-2012, 02:54 PM
ill have to disagree with this . Yes vanities are meant to be worn over armor BUT if they were not meant to be rare , wouldnt you think the devs would have made them drop with Miners luck ? Would we not all have x -rays and squid ? . To me vanities are at the pinnacle of rarity.
My thoughts exactly.

Iron Hand
07-15-2012, 03:06 PM
ehh... don't worry about it people, a month after this event over there will be plenty of people clambering for the new rivet. same thing happened in sloucho and numa when they first came drop rates were incredible after a month oooph lucky to see a green ever so often.

PianoWizzy
07-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Can I have a bit of sympathy that my I finally got my first vanity drop ever from this event? It's 3k now what I got but I'm kind of...happy about it.

Although it's sad that at this drop rate I'm still getting a max of 4 drops per full hour of solid runs xD

Gassyllama
07-15-2012, 04:07 PM

So with this logic you must have hated the chrome launch event with everyone having 2-3 jet packs.

razerfingers
07-15-2012, 04:10 PM
So with this logic you must have hated the chrome launch event with everyone having 2-3 jet packs.

Lololol

flashbackflip
07-15-2012, 04:11 PM

I see yo point Kano, but again - vanities can be divided into rare (squid, rayz....) and not-so rare (tragedy, colored shirts etc) and common (this event stuff)

Like the pink-purp-green-orange equipment

razerfingers
07-15-2012, 04:24 PM
I made 100k fisrt 2hrs so i dunno why you all are trippin but i sold mine for 5-23k when they were new and others selling em for like 300k lol

akfury
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
everyone has at least one full set of these vanities and alot of people have 2+ i have 6.... they drop to much enough said

Flowman
07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Agreed. They're meant to be casual drops for the new event. A reward for people who run the maps. If they were too hard to get, you'd all be whining about how you didn't get a certain part in time and the prices are too high in the auction.

What's the point of making tons of money anyways? Not like you can buy anything past a certain point to assist your gameplay.

octavos
07-15-2012, 05:08 PM
Agreed. They're meant to be casual drops for the new event. A reward for people who run the maps. If they were too hard to get, you'd all be whining about how you didn't get a certain part in time and the prices are too high in the auction.

What's the point of making tons of money anyways? Not like you can buy anything past a certain point to assist your gameplay.

agreed...lets just play and enjoy this event.

Zaonabiuibil
07-15-2012, 05:09 PM

QFT

Swimmingstar
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
It's awesome.

Swimmingstar
07-15-2012, 07:25 PM
First time I can actually get every new item I want.

Kanozaki
07-15-2012, 08:40 PM

First off bud , jetpacks were purple just like pets so they drop more frequent. The only logic flawed here are the people thinking vanities are not ment to be rare .

PianoWizzy
07-15-2012, 08:46 PM
I made 100k fisrt 2hrs so i dunno why you all are trippin but i sold mine for 5-23k when they were new and others selling em for like 300k lol

I didn't make a single credit from this event. :(

Aracnus
07-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I made 85k in the first 45 mins. and so far i've made about 105k from it. You all shoulda came when it started. A.K.A when the gettin' was good!

*i could've made over 300k, but i wanted to help out the people of SL*

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Guys stop bad feedback on the high drop rates for UC gear, is it honestly that bad?

I havnt seen the SL community this active in a LONG time, and it's pretty cool seeing a ton of Marines running around Blackstar.

This event was obviously made to get the most amount of people playing and to give the most amount of fun.

I'm going to change it up and instead of telling STS what I don't like about the update, I'm gonna tell them I love it.

I love it.

Maybe greedy people have run the game to the point that the color blue turns into "$" in their eyes, so they don't like the cheap prices

Zaonabiuibil
07-15-2012, 09:27 PM
Maybe greedy people have run the game to the point that the color blue turns into "$" in their eyes, so they don't like the cheap prices

*Stares at the ocean* LOOK AT ALL THAT MONEY! Ha. JK.

Fao
07-15-2012, 09:33 PM
Agree 100%! The drop rates are perfectly fine! Yes lots of people get more than 1, 2, 3, etc of each items! But so what?

Me and Dugs(Dugantale) Have used this to an advantage to help the community, and just give them away!

The event is wonderful for 3 main reasons to me:
1. Leveling is VERY fast!
2. Vanities for looks, toons, and giving away!
3. To get those 2 million eggs destroyed ASAP!

And like said above, if the drop rates were lower, everyone would be complaining that they are too hard to get or too expensive!

~Fao

blurryeyes
07-15-2012, 10:29 PM
i like this event and I dont care how easy it is to get the vanities! and yes xp is good! love the exterminator xrays! got 3 of them now :)

iAmPain
07-15-2012, 11:14 PM
this event is what STS wanted it to be, "prometheus" had peeps running around w/ same uniforms, so its like the same idea that they are trying to do here (if thats what it is lol)
on top of that, you get 5-8x faster xp gain than doing inner-core runs! what more could you ask for ?! love it or leave it :P

Matutd
07-15-2012, 11:21 PM
First off bud , jetpacks were purple just like pets so they drop more frequent. The only logic flawed here are the people thinking vanities are not ment to be rare .

Sorry to disagree Kano buddy, but vanities aren't meant to be rare. If they were there wouldn't be any of them in the plat store. Certain vanities are meant to be rare, yes, but those vanities are still rare so it doesn't matter

Kanozaki
07-16-2012, 01:55 AM
Sorry to disagree Kano buddy, but vanities aren't meant to be rare. If they were there wouldn't be any of them in the plat store. Certain vanities are meant to be rare, yes, but those vanities are still rare so it doesn't matter

Pshh I'll disagree with that as well . Even the plat store vanities are rare , why ? Because you have to spend real money to get them hence not every one can afford them . ( I'd like to see any one argue with this ). Using simple logic , vanities have their own drop system because it was designed for every one to not have them . In the end it is For business , when you can't get a vanity chances are you are going to eventually buy one using plat. Don't get me wrong I'm not Complaining about the event just correct the misconception about vanities.

Would I like vanity drop rates to be lower ?
Me personally I like the challenge , it shouldn't be unbelievably low where you may run a million times and not see a vanity . Something where it's similar to the purple drop rate in shipyard . I understand the casual gamer who doesn't have Time to farm but c'mon really you should be able to get one in half an hour. The current drop system now is extremely high where a player can get 3 consecutive vanities.

Now don't get me wrong , I personally like the event . My friend list has not been this active in months . And the xp gain gives players a last chance to cap which is pretty neat . Even the huge sale on enhancers is amazing so kudos to STS. One thing how ever which would be amazing would be the option of locking x and y . Too used to the old system to Adapt my play style .

Now go get that 2 mil eggs !
Kano

Kanozaki
07-16-2012, 01:56 AM

Pshh I'll disagree with that as well . Even the plat store vanities are rare , why ? Because you have to spend real money to get them hence not every one can afford them . ( I'd like to see any one argue with this ). Using simple logic , vanities have their own drop system because it was designed for every one to not have them . In the end it is For business , when you can't get a vanity chances are you are going to eventually buy one using plat. Don't get me wrong I'm not Complaining about the event just correct the misconception about vanities.

Would I like vanity drop rates to be lower ?
Me personally I like the challenge , it shouldn't be unbelievably low where you may run a million times and not see a vanity . Something where it's similar to the purple drop rate in shipyard . I understand the casual gamer who doesn't have Time to farm but c'mon really you should be able to get one in half an hour. The current drop system now is extremely high where a player can get 3 consecutive vanities.

Now don't get me wrong , I personally like the event . My friend list has not been this active in months . And the xp gain gives players a last chance to cap which is pretty neat . Even the huge sale on enhancers is amazing so kudos to STS. One thing how ever which would be amazing would be the option of locking x and y . Too used to the old system to Adapt my play style .

Now go get that 2 mil eggs !
Kano

Slant
07-16-2012, 05:36 AM
guys think beyond the "vanity" tag and cost, its still good for trading what if the vanity closet is full of many cheap items? it's better to have more items in the vanity closet than in the real closet which affects the stats, coz then you have so much visual variety, and you have more things to buy and sell and farm, think about rather than just one set up

Seiyen
07-16-2012, 05:48 AM
They should make these new vanities => greeen
So that we can easily search for the vanity we need in AH.
I have some serious problem to search for vanities(takes me 10mins to scroll down n check the prices of old vanities :mad:...)

-Raghav

Flowman
07-16-2012, 09:33 AM
They should make these new vanities => greeen
So that we can easily search for the vanity we need in AH.
I have some serious problem to search for vanities(takes me 10mins to scroll down n check the prices of old vanities :mad:...)

-Raghav

Flip the prices. High on top. Problem solved.

Seiyen
07-16-2012, 10:22 AM
Flip the prices from low-high to high-low. Problem solved.

Bad advice, i will miss cheap xray visors at AH
U know they go for like 5-25k at AH!

-Raghav

Libertie
07-16-2012, 10:47 AM
Eventually all these items that are currently dropping left and right will become rare (new users who didn't get a chance to farm for the items, old users who have them quit playing and their stuff becomes unavailable, etc). Just like with any other event items, over time the prices will climb. Just be patient, stock up, and hold onto the stuff while everyone else is scrambling around trying to sell theirs for cheap. :)

Flowman
07-16-2012, 11:19 AM
Bad advice, i will miss cheap xray visors at AH
U know they go for like 5-25k at AH!

-Raghav

There is barely any new items listed over 5k now. Maybe 1 or 2. Enjoy your "10 minutes of searching" going through the hard way.

-why do you sign your posts, we know who is posting it :p

Seiyen
07-16-2012, 11:38 AM
There is barely any new items listed over 5k now. Maybe 1 or 2. Enjoy your "10 minutes of searching" going through the hard way.

-why do you sign your posts, we know who is posting it :p

Thats why i think these new vanities should become green vanities rather than blue vanities,so that we can search for the vanity we need more efficiently:)

For sign its been like this for a long time,thats how i roll lol:cool:

-Raghav

KillaSkillz
07-16-2012, 11:39 AM
Eventually all these items that are currently dropping left and right will become rare (new users who didn't get a chance to farm for the items, old users who have them quit playing and their stuff becomes unavailable, etc). Just like with any other event items, over time the prices will climb. Just be patient, stock up, and hold onto the stuff while everyone else is scrambling around trying to sell theirs for cheap. :)

Yes, but if everyone does this it may take 20 years to see the prices go up, stocking up on these would be like stocking up on common pokemon cards. Maybe one day all the others will cease to exist and the value will go up, but I wouldn't count on it at the current drop rate. enough has dropped already to supply the market for a couple years, by friday........ well you get the picture. Don't forget, people will also get tired of them and resell theirs.

Kanozaki
07-16-2012, 12:04 PM

yes prices are eventually bound to go up , no question that .However the drop rates are so high that for a measly increment of 1k may take months ( may even be higher ). So if you are planning on hoarding these , be prepared to wait a considerable amount of time.

Snakespeare
07-16-2012, 12:11 PM
the purpose of the vanities is NOT so a few greedy players can rip off the rest of us

razerfingers
07-16-2012, 12:28 PM
the purpose of the vanities is NOT so a few greedy players can rip off the rest of us

smart fellow^^

KillaSkillz
07-16-2012, 12:33 PM
I farm all mine, and have spent months doing it. Still searching for a squidbuddy. I understand your feeling, but until you spend hours every day for 2-3 months to get an xray or squidbuddy, I wouldn't call it ripping people off, I would call it decently compensated for the farmers time spent for them to part with the fruit of their labor.

I am ok with these common vanities, i'm just saying people shouldn't think they are going to get rich off of them, the supply is enormous, and will be for a very long time.

razerfingers
07-16-2012, 12:36 PM
I farm all mine, and have spent months doing it. Still searching for a squidbuddy. I understand your feeling, but until you spend hours every day for 2-3 months to get an xray or squidbuddy, I wouldn't call it ripping people off, I would call it decently compensated for the farmers time spent for them to part with the fruit of their labor.

I am ok with these common vanities, i'm just saying people shouldn't think they are going to get rich off of them, the supply is enormous, and will be for a very long time.

i got rich, made 100k first few hours selling them hella cheap others sold em for like 300k+ i sold mine for 5-23k lol

Kanozaki
07-16-2012, 04:17 PM

Sadly this is the problem with any item with high demand . Honestly i still believe comedy's and tragedy's have the same drop rate as lets say an x ray or squid, Just the demand for it isnt high.

Matutd
07-16-2012, 05:38 PM
Nah Kano. I can get 5 free plat from tapjoy in less than 10 minutes. If someone wanted a vanity from the store, they would get one from tapjoy. The idea of vanity in real life or in a game is that you have an item which is of no necessity to you except to look good. Nowhere in the description is the idea of it being a rare thing. Ok, in real life they are usually expensive because they are to show off and money = fame, however in game it is the concept of it not being needed but looking good.

Kanozaki
07-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Nah Kano. I can get 5 free plat from tapjoy in less than 10 minutes. If someone wanted a vanity from the store, they would get one from tapjoy. The idea of vanity in real life or in a game is that you have an item which is of no necessity to you except to look good. Nowhere in the description is the idea of it being a rare thing. Ok, in real life they are usually expensive because they are to show off and money = fame, however in game it is the concept of it not being needed but looking good.

Doesnt matter if its tapjoy or not , the fact that its only available for platinum means its rare. Does not matter how you get that plat the fact that you have to spend real money in a game to get it = rare.One may argue that the plat is from offers ? Tapjoy pays STS a small amount for that plat. Simple Logic here , if vanities were not rare , they would drop frequently. Because they are rare is why people buy vanities from the plat store.

Vanities are in fact just for looks and boast no other stats but this doesnt mean they have to be rare . Think about it for a second , if tapjoy does not offer free offers , people would have to buy plat . Not every one buys plat , therefore less people have it. Vanities are not designed to drop for everyone. If not wouldnt you think devs would have made them drop with miners ? ( There is no plausible argument to counter this ) A dev him self said that a player can run a million times and not see a vanity.

Flowman
07-17-2012, 02:10 PM
Stuff

Rare - not widely distributed; not generally occurring; highly valued because of its uncommonness

In this game, something available for real money isn't rare. It's available in unlimited supply. Just because you don't see a lot of them in game doesn't make it rare. If everything was on the same line of currency, then you would be correct. But you can't take an outside variable (real money) and throw it in the mix. The only rare items are the ones gotten through drops in game, not purchasable.

With that said, if these new vanity items were to drop as greens or purples...they would need stats. If these had stats, they'd probably be bad stats...or at least worse than the capped armor we have now. No one would wear them. But since this event is about marines killing bugs...we get a marine outfit. By definition, vanity items are not meant to be rare. They're useless items meant to enhance our appearance in our own eyes. In fact, they "Lack real value." By this definition, there is nothing wrong with this drop rate. The fact that the other vanities are hard to get has nothing to do with these. They're not meant to make money, they're meant to let people customize their outfits.

Oh and vanities ARE designed to drop for everyone. It's a random number system on a wheel. It's just that not everyone rolls the correct numbers...but anyone can.

Kanozaki
07-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Rare - not widely distributed; not generally occurring; highly valued because of its uncommonness

In this game, something available for real money isn't rare. It's available in unlimited supply. Just because you don't see a lot of them in game doesn't make it rare. If everything was on the same line of currency, then you would be correct. But you can't take an outside variable (real money) and throw it in the mix. The only rare items are the ones gotten through drops in game, not purchasable.

With that said, if these new vanity items were to drop as greens or purples...they would need stats. If these had stats, they'd probably be bad stats...or at least worse than the capped armor we have now. No one would wear them. But since this event is about marines killing bugs...we get a marine outfit. By definition, vanity items are not meant to be rare. They're useless items meant to enhance our appearance in our own eyes. In fact, they "Lack real value." By this definition, there is nothing wrong with this drop rate. The fact that the other vanities are hard to get has nothing to do with these. They're not meant to make money, they're meant to let people customize their outfits.

Oh and vanities ARE designed to drop for everyone. It's a random number system on a wheel. It's just that not everyone rolls the correct numbers...but anyone can.

Oh and vanities ARE designed to drop for everyone.

hmm i phrased that wrong , what i meant was it doesn't drop for every one and it was designed this way. some may spend a life time and never see one.

They're not meant to make money, they're meant to let people customize their outfits.

Actually , the original dropped vanities were designed to be an indirect source of revenue. If the drop mechanics was designed to roll this "number" more frequently , most people would stick with dropped vanities instead of going for the store ones. That being said , the price was not meant to be stupendously high like they are now but when ever there is an item with high demand , prices skyrocket and there will always be people to take advantage of this ( Basic economics ).

If you look individually at the term " vanity " , yes its an item primarily for looks. However when you look at in context of SL , the "dropped" vanities are something not every one acquires. Thus crowning the term " rare". Does this mean that every vanity in the future has to be rare ? not necessarily .

As you said since this was a "movie" themed event it was meant to drop frequently but after this event it over it will once again be rare.