PDA

View Full Version : Insanely Amazing Pinks idea

demoncrate
07-15-2012, 11:07 AM
So I had this idea. Idk if it works or not.As I understand the circle beside the boss's name shows its threat level and ultimately its drop level. So a white circle boss would mean that the drop will be no good.How about someone remade monster bash. Then went to the bosses one by one (but ddnt kill them) and checked their threat level. If all bosses have a decent drop level, then buy shamrock and kill bosses, else remake until all bosses have good threat levels.Now this idea is based upon a thread I read and a link that was posted here. I have noted as well that drop rates are considerably better when its a yellow circle boss compared to a white circle boss. (This means that this method might actually work).So all you need are about 4-5 dedicated people and you will probably see pinks if you do it right (assuming that my theory hasn't fallen apart).Please don't hand me a forum ban if this works.

LwMark
07-15-2012, 11:10 AM
I like the last sentence haha

demoncrate
07-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Actually the title might be misleading. 'Insanely Amazing'..............

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 12:54 PM
Problem is the shamus elixer is a 30 minute elixer, and you can't turn it on and off. In order to get the most out of it, you would want to do 6-8 monster bash runs. If you start going around checking stuff like you suggest, good luck finishing more than 2 or 3 before the elixer runs out.

FluffNStuff
07-15-2012, 12:58 PM
This shows a complete lack of understanding of both threat level and drop mechanics, but since it is the weekend, I will wait till Monday to explain. Unless of course someone else feels like filing for overtime and doing it before then.

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Yes, we've already been through this discussion. The tutorial that explains the threat level has a column called "drop rate" with indicators like "high", "medium", and "low" which vary according to the threat level. According to a bunch of people who posted in a previous thread, this is incorrect. If it is incorrect then I wish someone would change/correct the tutorial then. Because the way it is written you would think the drop rate on rare items would be higher or lower depending on the level threat indicator of the boss.

FluffNStuff
07-15-2012, 01:16 PM
It just refers to the boss level, and what level item. Like dark forest 1 witch drops level 10-14 depending on her threat level and your level.

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 02:13 PM
If it refers to the level item you get, then why does it say "high" in the "drop rate" column when the threat rate is high? The threat rate is high when you are a lower level, so the level of the item you get would be "low". But it says "high". The tutorial should be corrected.

Cahaun
07-15-2012, 02:42 PM
This shows a complete lack of understanding of both threat level and drop mechanics, but since it is the weekend, I will wait till Monday to explain. Unless of course someone else feels like filing for overtime and doing it before then.
I feel the same way

FluffNStuff
07-15-2012, 02:45 PM
If it refers to the level item you get, then why does it say "high" in the "drop rate" column when the threat rate is high? The threat rate is high when you are a lower level, so the level of the item you get would be "low". But it says "high". The tutorial should be corrected.

The tutorial is correct.

demoncrate
07-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Love your posts fluff. You always leave us with unspeakable anger eveytime you post. I mean the way you do care enough to post, but not enough to post something worthwhile is admirable to say the least. I dare not tread upon the subject of you leaving us in the dark though. I guess some knowledge is best kept in one's head. Won't you agree fluff?

Anyway, thanks for the replies.

@4th post
I meant doing it the first time, Example, finding the yellow circle bosses once and then buying the elixir. After that just continue as normal. (Idk how monster bash works but a friend could find the good monsters and invite you when he found the good spawn, so you could do this again.

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 03:24 PM
Now I'm even more confused....

What does the totorial mean when it says higher drop rate happens for a lower level character when fighting a higher level boss?

demoncrate
07-15-2012, 04:11 PM
Well I have aways had it like this.
Yellow circles don't normally drop junk. They drop greens or purples. Rare occasion pink.

White's always drop junk,

There is a clear link. I'll post screenies if I can.

FluffNStuff
07-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Well I have aways had it like this.
Yellow circles don't normally drop junk. They drop greens or purples. Rare occasion pink.

White's always drop junk,

There is a clear link. I'll post screenies if I can.

What was your level and what board were you on?

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 04:25 PM
I did definitely get more pinks in Humania when I was lvl 64 & 65 and was seeing bosses with red circles, than I do now at lvl 67 with bosses having yellow circles. But for one person to judge their own experience is not nearly enough of a sample to get an accurate survey unless you had done tens of thousands of runs. I've only done a couple of hundred at most.

demoncrate
07-15-2012, 05:33 PM
What was your level and what board were you on?
L70
Running on Sandbar.

Normally its always white, if its an all 70, 71 party.

Today, had a l70, 71, 68, 69 and 70 and every boss was yellow. I mean literally every boss was yellow. This is how I noted the difference. Every drop we had was green or above.
Dude with the thrasher nearly got a pink.

FluffNStuff
07-15-2012, 06:18 PM
L70
Running on Sandbar.

Normally its always white, if its an all 70, 71 party.

Today, had a l70, 71, 68, 69 and 70 and every boss was yellow. I mean literally every boss was yellow. This is how I noted the difference. Every drop we had was green or above.
Dude with the thrasher nearly got a pink.

No correlation. Thought you might be talking level 20 where there are only certain drops in the table depending on threat. Above 50 drop level is decided differently so threat does not matter from sewers on.

demoncrate
07-15-2012, 07:31 PM
No correlation. Thought you might be talking level 20 where there are only certain drops in the table depending on threat. Above 50 drop level is decided differently so threat does not matter from sewers on.

Well I guess we'll have to wait for a dev to come and sort this out.

I'll do some more runs and see if my theory holds anyway.

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 10:38 PM
A couple of weeks ago I saw a lvl16 twink tag along on a few runs through Sandbar. The rest of the players were lvl66 and up and didn't seem to mind. I think they knew him. Anyway, he got 3 pink drops in only a short time. Don't know if that was just lucky or if his chances were better.

RioMage
07-16-2012, 03:13 AM
I've never ever noticed these circles. ..I understand your tutorial though.

The Flash
07-16-2012, 04:43 AM
I can tell the OP is new since if he wasnt he would know how this works. I will explain how it works since little to nobody knows what the circle means or does. I recall someone posting something similar to this and I think you might have belived him or are him since the other guy said the same thing "lets let a dev come and sort this out".

First of all and I REPEAT there is and never has been a way to increase/better/improve your drop rate. The closes thing to this is luck vanities and luck elixer. Also these dont increase your drop rate, they just increase the chance of a reroll to a increased drop level (purp to pink, green to purp ect..) and thats all, nothing more nothing less. Anybody that says so that isnt a dev even with paragraph upon paragrahs of proof and testing just wasted a whole bunch of time or is bs. Devs have stated more then enough times that there isnt any special dance or words or action that would increase your drop rate. At the end of the day its all about lady luck. Normaly this is enough but to entertain you I will also explain what the circle does.

Now to explain what the little circle does and what it was intended to do.

The circle by the enemy was originaly intended as a indicater of the treat level of said enemy based on the parties level. Different color indicated the level of difficiculty based on the parties level. Grey, green, blue, white, yellow, and red are the color from weakest to strongest.

Now that we know what the circle does lets explain what its purpose is for.

The original purpose of this was to be a determaning factor on how much xp you are going to gain based on treat level. This makes sense as you would want more xp from an enemy if he is more difficult to kill right. Then scaled items came out an introduced a new concept. This fit perfectly with the threat level (Since threat level of enemy equals enemies level), so it got implamented that the treat level of the boss would determain the item level. Also the threat level of the boss was determaned by the parties level. At this point threat level has 2 purposes; how much xp you are going to gain and items drop level.

Eventually STS decided that the items drop level should no longer be determined by the bosses treat level but by item wearablility. Basicly if the campaign has multiple levels of a certain item like humania has 66,68,70 it would drop so that you could wear the item and no longer based on the threat level of the boss (which was the bosses acutual level) which is determained by the parties level.

That is what fluff didnt want to explain as it alot. Hopefully this helps so the op can stop wasting his time and mislead other.

Energizeric
07-16-2012, 01:39 PM
Then the tutorial is indeed wrong:

http://www.pocket-legends.com/npcs/color-icons-beside-enemy-health-bar/

Notice the column on the right that says "drop rate", which shows "very low" drop rate if the threat level is low, and "excellent" drop rate if the threat level is high. If drop rate is not determined by the threat level, then there should not be a "drop rate" column on the threat level chart.

You guys are contradicting the tutorial. Either it is wrong, or you are.

I have no idea who is wrong and right, but if you are correct about this, then someone should fix the tutorial. Pretending that you are saying the same thing as the tutorial is just foolish as it's quite obvious you are saying the opposite.

FluffNStuff
07-16-2012, 01:45 PM
Then the tutorial is indeed wrong:

http://www.pocket-legends.com/npcs/color-icons-beside-enemy-health-bar/

Notice the column on the right that says "drop rate", which shows "very low" drop rate if the threat level is low, and "excellent" drop rate if the threat level is high. If drop rate is not determined by the threat level, then there should not be a "drop rate" column on the threat level chart.

You guys are contradicting the tutorial. Either it is wrong, or you are.

I have no idea who is wrong and right, but if you are correct about this, then someone should fix the tutorial. Pretending that you are saying the same thing as the tutorial is just foolish as it's quite obvious you are saying the opposite.

I have no clue what that page is, or why you are calling it "The" Tutorial, as it is not "The" Tutorial from in the game, it is just some website with misinformation. I am sure there are a lot of those around. You are welcome to fix them all.

demoncrate
07-16-2012, 02:16 PM
I understand what your view on the threat level is @ The Flash. However, I hardly think devs are going to tell us all the secrets this game has. Spawning algorithms always have some kind of backhand. I think they expect us not to find out, and for the ones who do to keep their mouth shut.

Anyway, going further I understand the threat level, but am pretty certain it has a link to drop type.
Hopefully I am right, and have stumbled upon the Jolly Grail of PL.

FluffNStuff
07-16-2012, 02:23 PM
I understand what your view on the threat level is @ The Flash. However, I hardly think devs are going to tell us all the secrets this game has. Spawning algorithms always have some kind of backhand. I think they expect us not to find out, and for the ones who do to keep their mouth shut.

Anyway, going further I understand the threat level, but am pretty certain it has a link to drop type.

LOL, this is useless. Yes, they have told us exactly what they mean, and that is the LEVEL of the boss which links to the LEVEL of the item. There is NO PUZZLE. LEVEL MEANS LEVEL, NOT RARITY. Rarity is Random. But, as I am a supporter of research and testing things out, I suggest you do some serious research on this. Do at least 1000 runs, and each time record the threat level, your level, the level of all the other players, the number of mobs left on the board, the total number of mobs that were on the board and the rarity your drop.

Energizeric
07-16-2012, 02:30 PM
I have no clue what that page is, or why you are calling it "The" Tutorial, as it is not "The" Tutorial from in the game, it is just some website with misinformation. I am sure there are a lot of those around. You are welcome to fix them all.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!! That page was written by someone called Lovenus. I've heard his name mentioned around here and thought he was someone well respected in the community. Sorry for the confusion!

Here's where the information came from before it was posted on that site:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16108-Know-thy-self-know-thy-enemy.-A-thousand-battles-a-thousand-victories.

The Flash
07-16-2012, 03:33 PM

Ok, thanks for clearing that up!! That page was written by someone called Lovenus. I've heard his name mentioned around here and thought he was someone well respected in the community. Sorry for the confusion!

Here's where the information came from before it was posted on that site:

http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?16108-Know-thy-self-know-thy-enemy.-A-thousand-battles-a-thousand-victories.

See if you have countined reading you would see people correcting him that the threat level only does 2 things. 1. XP gained and Item drop level

The Flash
07-16-2012, 03:42 PM

There is no grail! Devs have stated lots of time that there isnt. There is no reason for the devs to lie.

Off the top of my head I recall there was this myth that if you used a mana shield while fighting kepeer in AO3 he would be harder to kill since your mana shield was feeding his mana shield and making it stroner. Also that doing this would not yield your team a pink. Then certain post later a dev just poped in and said there is no secret dances or thing that will alter you drop rate. That it just plain lucky. It got to that because the thread derailed and people started posting other myths they heard.

Energizeric
07-16-2012, 03:43 PM
See if you have countined reading you would see people correcting him that the threat level only does 2 things. 1. XP gained and Item drop level

My bad. I guess I missed that part. I did not read further. I just figured it was correct as posted. Sorry!!

Whirlzap
07-16-2012, 04:23 PM
Threat level was important when you had to have a full party of scaled players to farm scaled items.
This means that long time ago you had to have a full party of 21/22s to farm 21 SSC pinks.
A single person over level 22 would make every pink drop be level 25.

They changed it so now you can have a high level and the scaled twink would still get scaled items but the high level would still get level the regular base version of the item.

Threat levels were important to note if you twink farmed.
Nowadays, threat levels do not really matter too much as twink farming has become much simpler.

Energizeric
07-16-2012, 05:06 PM
This probably will explain the threat level:)

We actually just got finished concluding that some of that post is incorrect.

FluffNStuff
07-16-2012, 08:44 PM
We actually just got finished concluding that some of that post is incorrect.

It is more about where lovenus tested it. If you ignore the levels the idea is right. The problem is forest haven is 10 levels and others are 5.

The Flash
07-16-2012, 10:01 PM

My bad. I guess I missed that part. I did not read further. I just figured it was correct as posted. Sorry!!

No need to be sorry there was a point where i didnt know this. Aslong as you learned something its not a waste of time. I more then love to teach people thing and always look to inrich the pl community.