PDA

View Full Version : Make quest for diamonds plz.

Fncrazy
07-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Not a easy quest but say like kill 100 bosses or 5000mobs. Something would be nice.

Plaguemaw
07-15-2012, 04:49 PM
+1

Even make it a cyber/yeti style quest

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2012, 06:50 PM
I like the idea of a quest like cyber set or the elite ice stages but you cant sell or trade them:/

Whirlzap
07-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Run Sandbar under 3 minutes without any type of elixir.

And there goes 90% of the PL population's gem source.

RedRyder
07-15-2012, 06:59 PM

Again with the elixirs.

Swimmingstar
07-15-2012, 07:02 PM

Does that mean these are very common in Sandbar?

And was anyone else thinking of Minecraft when they saw the title?

Whirlzap
07-15-2012, 07:10 PM
Again with the elixirs.

I shall clarify the meaning of my post.

(insert 5,000 spaces)

First sentence is not related to the second.

I'm not saying I can run Sandbar under 3 minutes with a good party either. In fact, I can't.

Has no relation to any assumption of skill for elixir-users.
It's simply a near-impossible task without elixirs, good or bad players.
In fact, so near-impossible that 90% of the endgame population won't be able to do it, regardless of how good in "skill/talent" they are.

Although now that you hint at it I could start ;D

xcainnblecterx
07-15-2012, 07:11 PM
I think there more common then we realize its just ppl have money so if someone can sell a diamond for 1mil easy why go lower no matter how many there are

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 07:21 PM
Supply and demand determines price.

Ocean Blue Diamonds are somewhat rare, but not as rare as glyph blade steel. But the demand is higher than glyph blade steel. Here is why...

It takes approx 20-30 glyph blade steels to craft a demonic set. This is such a high number considering how rare they are, so most people never even attempt to put together a demonic set, so not a lot of demand for the glyph blade steels. So price stays around 300k.

It only takes 7 Ocean Blue Diamonds to craft a L70 set, and it is new, so more people see it as a realistic possibility and thus the demand is much higher. I think over time the price will come down a bit, but I don't see it coming down below 500k unless they are way more common than it appears.

vampinoy
07-15-2012, 07:35 PM
Disagree. Anything connected to the main set crafted gears should involve loot system and be as rare as possible. This way, not all people will get them right away (or not at all) which is the whole point of having a legendary item in the first place. It's absurd actually that in this game, people call something legendary and everyone has it -____-, in fact, not many should get it...that's what legendary means (unless in PL legendary means the opposite). Legendary means it's something really rare, a mythical gear...yet this thread is suggesting that everyone should get them but make it a hard chore...wow...they should change the description of pink items to not-so-legendary-just-hard. I actually like the rarity of the dragon gears...I'm a collector myself, and I'm finding this game way too easy in terms of getting items except for Dragon gears (I think that's the only item in this game worth calling Legendary), I know there are other rare gears like green ice, scaled glyph gears, etc. but I can easily buy them all, but dragon gears, you barely see them for sale in cs (even if you do, they're ridiculously priced high) super low drop rate...but you see people wear them, you look in awe...now that is legendary. For the tasks you mentioned, like killing 100 bosses or 5,000 mobs, we have achievement system for that...they should put that in achievement. OBD should be as rare as possible...humania pinks too. Make it really legendary. Let quests be about the story, and not shortcuts...I feel that questing items are cheap.

Nick41324
07-15-2012, 07:55 PM
A thread was made just like this for the glyph steel blades. Did it happen? ;)

TANKKAAR
07-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Disagree. Anything connected to the main set crafted gears should involve loot system and be as rare as possible. This way, not all people will get them right away (or not at all) which is the whole point of having a legendary item in the first place. It's absurd actually that in this game, people call something legendary and everyone has it -____-, in fact, not many should get it...that's what legendary means (unless in PL legendary means the opposite). LegendIary means it's something really rare, a mythical gear...yet this thread is suggesting that everyone should get them but make it a hard chore...wow...they should change the description of pink items to not-so-legendary-just-hard. I actually like the rarity of the dragon gears...I'm a collector myself, and I'm finding this game way too easy in terms of getting items except for Dragon gears (I think that's the only item in this game worth calling Legendary), I know there are other rare gears like green ice, scaled glyph gears, etc. but I can easily buy them all, but dragon gears, you barely see them for sale in cs (even if you do, they're ridiculously priced high) super low drop rate...but you see people wear them, you look in awe...now that is legendary. For the tasks you mentioned, like killing 100 bosses or 5,000 mobs, we have achievement system for that...they should put that in achievement. OBD should be as rare as possible...humania pinks too. Make it really legendary. Let quests be about the story, and not shortcuts...I feel that questing items are cheap.

I understand what your saying here but you have to remember not everyone is as lucky as you... I personally ran boss bash and spent 800+ plat on 4x elixers, removing 35% luck, adding shamrock, and still pay per run just to see less then 5 pinks drop (none to me) and only one of those were a diamond.... So saying that these have a great drop rate is relitive to your experiences running. I personally think quests are a great idea and would love to see this implemented into the game.

Buddyf97
07-15-2012, 08:45 PM
I think the rarity of these gems are perfect! You only need seven, not like 20-30!
Check out my first "real" blog for my opinions on Humania and previous caps' Crafting!

Elyseon
07-15-2012, 08:47 PM
If they just added a quested set(like cyber) it would lower prices(sry greedy hoarders) and would keep players busier longer this cap, yeh I know that would mean the tragic hassle of designing new sets, but really I think STS is good enough to do it

Matutd
07-15-2012, 08:50 PM
At first I was like "no way!". Then I thought about this. Currently the items drop to the lucky players, whilst a lot of good players don't get them. The quest would give everyone a fair chance. That way, the players who want the items all have a common goal and it doesn't involve one being lucky.

vampinoy
07-15-2012, 09:08 PM
It's supposed to be that way -_- that's why you also save money so you can buy them from the lucky ones. Not everyone could and not everyone should get them...otherwise, what's the point of trading? What's the point of having farmers, of farming loots and gold, of merching, where is all that? we want all shortcuts now, just quest an voila no need for gold, we got ze goods?...fair chance? that's not even a "chance", it's a chore where there's guarantee in the end...chance is what's happening now, the drop rates. If you can't loot it, then earn money...right? I mean...doesn't that make sense?...isn't that "fair"? LOL. For me, item quests should be related to story like an NPC asking for this item because it will be used to destroy the baddies etc., not for the main crafted items...that's so cheap...might as well ask the dev's to hand those items to you because you will get them anyway...hardly legendary...

It doesn't mean you didn't get the loot, it's over? you work hard...you remedy it, farm gold, merch, right? that's the whole point of making money to buy those goodies in case you didn't loot one?...

Matutd
07-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Actually you have the "chance" to participate. We donate money to poorer countries to give them a better "chance" in life, that doesn't mean it's a gamble whether or not the money gives them a better lifestyle, it quite obviously helps them out. However I never heard anybody say, "do the chore of donating money".

vampinoy
07-15-2012, 09:27 PM
But this is a game, everyone has to work to get that prestigious item, we're all under one country of Alterra...are you implying that being poor is the excuse that OBD should be an item quest? We're talking about a legendary item set here, a set worth over 9,999,999, if you can't afford it, that doesn't make you poor? lol. Besides, if you're poor, as in any game, it's your fault, there are ways to be rich aside from looting these OBD's...you can twink farm, you can merch, you can do gold runs, you have access to these money generating activities and yet you got your hands raised waiting for grace from above? That's called laziness, not poor. You think I got all my gold from OBD's? I worked for them, every single gold...so I don't cry when expensive things like OBD comes to the picture...Being poor is when you have no access to these money generating activities, because of whatever reason...that's not the case here...

Matutd
07-15-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm implying that the word chance is used in other terms, apart from being luck based

TANKKAAR
07-15-2012, 09:37 PM
I'm implying that the word chance is used in other terms, apart from being luck based

I think the word your looking for, that Vamp wouldn't be able to argue with is "opportunity" :)

Matutd
07-15-2012, 09:39 PM
I think the word your looking for, that Vamp wouldn't be able to argue with is "opportunity" :)
I'm not sure if the terminology is different in the US, but in the UK an opportunity can be referred to as a chance. Thanks for the heads up anyway :)

TANKKAAR
07-15-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm not sure if the terminology is different in the US, but in the UK an opportunity can be referred to as a chance. Thanks for the heads up anyway :)

This is the case in the US also but, like everything in this world people will interpret it how they want to better fit their own argument.

Matutd
07-15-2012, 09:45 PM
This is the case in the US also but, like everything in this world people will interpret it how they want to better fit their own argument.
Well, now I have proof:
http://i1238.photobucket.com/albums/ff497/matutd/26799932.jpg

Energizeric
07-15-2012, 10:02 PM
What they should do is have a quest where you can obtain gear that is nice but not as good as the legendary gear, kind of like how it was with the mystery and cyber gear. It was nice gear, but if you had the cyber gun set, it was not as good as the death gun set. That is what they should have done with the angel gear. I think for the next campaign they need to think about this idea, and also think about making purple items that are new designs and nice and not just recycle old gear designs. Then people would be content with purple gear the way most people were in the sewers.

vampinoy
07-15-2012, 10:05 PM
OBD as quest item is asking for more than an opportunity aka chance by this definition, you never lost that opportunity my friend and guess what, it's still there, you just have to stop looking at the easy way out :D What you're probably trying to say is an "opportunity to bypass all those workload of making money". Like I said, you always had access to money generating activities...making money is part of the game...if you can't make money, then you did something wrong just like how a player can be bad in PVP, it's all part of the game, you can't blame the game for not being good in PVP much as you can't blame the game if you can't be good in making money, it's that simple really. This is going to be my last post, that's my stand, OBD quest item is a no-no, it will spoil everyone which means people getting bored a lot faster, it's a false-opportunity (opportunity was always there), it will diminish the meaning behind "legendary" gears, and economy suffers...quest items are cheap items, should not have anything to do with the main gears of an expansion.

Matutd
07-15-2012, 10:13 PM
OBD as quest item is asking for more than an opportunity aka chance by this definition, you never lost that opportunity my friend and guess what, it's still there, you just have to stop looking at the easy way out :D What you're probably trying to say is an "opportunity to bypass all those workload of making money". Like I said, you always had access to money generating activities...making money is part of the game...if you can't make money, then you did something wrong just like how a player can be bad in PVP, it's all part of the game, you can't blame the game for not being good in PVP much as you can't blame the game if you can't be good in making money, it's that simple really. This is going to be my last post, that's my stand, OBD quest item is a no-no, it will spoil everyone which means people getting bored a lot faster, it's a false-opportunity (opportunity was always there), it will diminish the meaning behind "legendary" gears, and economy suffers...quest items are cheap items, should not have anything to do with the main gears of an expansion.
What I'm saying is, "I don't care" I don't even have a set to craft, so before making conclusions, try getting the facts. I'm not looking for any easy way to achieve this item, and if I managed to loot one I'd sell it, because I don't need it. I'm saying that other people could have the chance. Also saying they aren't legendary once they can be achieved through "chores" is ridiculous. The CoP, in my opinion, is by far the most legendary item in the game. Did anybody farm that? Did they buy it with money they earned? No. They achieved it through the "chore" of grinding. You get a much better sense of achievement when you know that you really worked for an item, rather than got lucky and found it.

Elyseon
07-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Y just not add a quest for a whole new set so those who wasted tons of gold to buy the first sets can't cry, and those of us who do runs like crazy and still turn out to not be approved by the STS luck god, can have a set were proud of

TANKKAAR
07-15-2012, 11:40 PM

You keep thinking everyone is asking for an easy way when NO ONE has said anything about that. We are just asking for a sure thing.... As in not having to depend on our luck or lack there of...

Hell lets make this a win win situation....
Paid for quest per day
Cost 10 plat
One quest per day
7 quests in total ranging in difficulty

CrimsonTider
07-16-2012, 12:00 AM
I'm so tired of hearing the "PL economy will fail/all will be too easy/easy way out" crap. Crafting items in Zewers and Fang wer easily attainable and the economy was just fine, noone died, and crafted items were still "rare." A simple thread about an alternative option for those of us who are hard-working, self-sufficient, and have a life to obtain a few OBD is not asking much. I am sure last thing FN needs (a grown man) is a bunch of adolescents and teens telling him the value of hard work and determination. We do it everyday in real life... you will understand when mommy and daddy quit supplyjng the funds for your gaming habits.

/notevenclosetoendrant

vampinoy
07-16-2012, 12:06 AM
You keep thinking everyone is asking for an easy way when NO ONE has said anything about that. We are just asking for a sure thing.... As in not having to depend on our luck or lack there of...

Hell lets make this a win win situation....
Paid for quest per day
Cost 10 plat
One quest per day
7 quests in total ranging in difficulty

Are you asking for a harder way then? It can only be harder or easier? Which?...To me, having a guarantee is easier, because why would you "ask" for something if it will make your life harder? :P Does that make sense to you?

Elyseon
07-16-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm so tired of hearing the "PL economy will fail/all will be too easy/easy way out" crap. Crafting items in Zewers and Fang wer easily attainable and the economy was just fine, noone died, and crafted items were still "rare." A simple thread about an alternative option for those of us who are hard-working, self-sufficient, and have a life to obtain a few OBD is not asking much. I am sure last thing FN needs (a grown man) is a bunch of adolescents and teens telling him the value of hard work and determination. We do it everyday in real life... you will understand when mommy and daddy quit supplyjng the funds for your gaming habits.

/notevenclosetoendrant

Ikr if anything why don't hoarders rage about the plat recipes, that's what made crafted sets expensive in sewers
Even make something like 'deep sapphire shard'
To get it you have to kill 10 humania bosses outside of the boss bash
Then when u get 6 of them u can craft it into a ocean blue diamond
And the quest can only be done once a day, still hard work, and if u dont get one in 60 runs u deserve this
Also people for some reason think that things having insanely high prices means the economy is good
PLs economy is already destroyed
The prices are just inflated so only those who have money to waste can buy stuff right away

PL seriously needs a cash drain like vanitys in DL and the recipes in SL

vampinoy
07-16-2012, 12:13 AM

/notevenclosetoendrant

You will never know, because it never happened, it's called opportunity lost. The economy COULD have been different if these things (quest crafting items) never happened. We could have seen a different picture of Sewers and Fang had they not made that crafting available. The legendary could have been really legendary had it been implemented differently, you are, in fact, looking at a failed economy. You call something "legendary crafted" worth less than 100k? What a joke, legendary is not legendary in this game, I can buy every single legendary item here and I'm not even filthy rich, you call that successful economy? hardly, what economy? It's destroyed already :P But you cannot tell right? Yes, because there's no benchmark, only the imagination of a different scenario :P But I guarantee, that other scenario would have been a lot better, players would be more "in awe" of legendary items, less bored people...more hard workers, etc. You're an old player, have you not seen people quit because of how much a fail the economy is? I've seen a lot, I've seen people quit because it's too easy or nonsensical they went to more challenging games. I also guarantee you, that my paygrade is high enough to buy out your entire account (but of course that's illegal, figure of speech), while I'm supporting my kids and paying my other responsibilities :P I know the value of hardwork and determination as a businessman not as a teenager or an adolescent. Don't speak like you're better than the rest of us in real life.

CrimsonTider
07-16-2012, 12:25 AM
You will never know, because it never happened, it's called opportunity lost. The economy COULD have been different if these things (quest crafting items) never happened. We could have seen a different picture of Sewers and Fang had they not made that crafting available. The legendary could have been really legendary had it been implemented differently, you are, in fact, looking at a failed economy :P But you cannot tell right? Yes, because there's no benchmark, only the imagination of a different scenario :P But I guarantee, that other scenario would have been a lot better, players would be more "in awe" of legendary items, less bored people...more hard workers, etc. I also guarantee you, that my paygrade is high enough to buy out your entire account, while I'm supporting my kids and paying my other responsibilities, unless you spent more than $100,000 in this game :P

In the infamous words of Wayne and Garth:

"We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!"

vampinoy
07-16-2012, 12:33 AM
In the infamous words of Wayne and Garth:

"We're not worthy!! We're not worthy!!"

Even in arguments, still looking for easy way out. :P

CrimsonTider
07-16-2012, 12:35 AM
No. I just choose to not feed trolls. Enjoy being vaine.

DREAMKILLER
07-16-2012, 12:36 AM
I think you all need to stop complaining even im getting sick of it.... Its 24/7 on the forums these days

vampinoy
07-16-2012, 12:41 AM
You're calling me a troll? You're the one who jumped in this conversation and implied that I'm some punk kid, then responds with a quote from a comedy sketch show? lol. Pssshh gtfo.

The Flash
07-16-2012, 12:51 AM
Vamp does make a good point legendary items just dont live up to there title. I dont care if this is implemented or not as I always adapt.

When you think legendary what come to mind. In my mind I think lv15 armors, Green Ice items, Demonic, Glyph lv56 items, Dragon items, Shadow Cave Gear and thats about it. Maybe they should rename legendary items to Rare, Epic to Uncommon and Uncommon to Common and do away with the whites and grays. I mean when there over 2000+ different Legendary items and we can only say about 100 of them are really legendary then you need to change the name or increase drop rate.

Maybe have Epic and Legedary Items the same (stat wise) just look different and legendary items be "legendary". All I know is make legendary items legendary or get rid of the name.

vampinoy
07-16-2012, 01:40 AM
Thank you! Finally, someone understands what I'm trying to say. I'd like to point out, the crafting patch has been out for barely a week...-_- a week...-_-...people are starting to demand for an easier method...sure, they will deny "oh that's not easy at all because I'll have to kill this and that".........because they're so hardcore they want to demand for something harder? LOL, it's actually funny people are trying to sugarcoat it so it would sound like it's not easier LOL. Also on issue on economy doing fine, doing fine by what standards? Oh that's right, there's no standard :P Your "LEGENDARY" gears selling for less than 10k? Is that what you call doing fine? The most coveted items in the game selling for a couple of nickels and dimes...LMAO :P Wake up, the economy has long been a joke...and I've been observing it for over a year...STS is trying to revive it now by making the legendary, really legendary (and unpredictable since Techno Email hinted that next time she will not spill the beans on her Techno beat :P)...and here comes the spoilers...wants easier methods...thereby destroying economy again...pinks cheaper hooray...legendary cheaper hooray...everything easy more hoooray...but wait, they don't call it like that, they call it "opportunity" LOL :P. It's so funny :P

Energizeric
07-16-2012, 03:16 AM
.....I'd like to point out, the crafting patch has been out for barely a week...-_- a week...-_-...people are starting to demand for an easier method...

Yup, if they can't have it in a week, then they want an easier way. I think that anything you can have in a week is too easy to get and is certainly not "legendary". It's one thing if you are rich (in the game) and you are willing to overpay for stuff, like a lot of people obviously have. But otherwise, if you are normal hard working and farm Humania and other places, sell the drops, save your gold, it should take at least a few months to obtain legendary gear.

Considering a new level cap won't be released for at least 5-6 months, if you obtain the new gear in a week, what else is there to do for the next 5 months?

Bebsi
07-16-2012, 03:56 AM
Vamp, sry to say this but ur getting on my nerves with all your talk.
Most ppl are here for the fun and 'competition', but not competition that can be bought just by plat...

Ok, you might work your *** off in rl, so u can afford to spend a thousand plat per day.
But there is no need to mark us as whiners or lazy or not taking our chances just cause we cant afford to mbash all day or need months to save up a million -.-

U say it's funny that some call it opportunity, but it's exactly what it is.
U're having the means to improve luck, shorten ur farming days, hoarding money, buying titles... all by using plat.
It's an opportunity not everybody has. That's fine but come on, that doesn't make u a better player ^_^

Just one achievement based up on grinding towards something without the plat option would be nice.
It would put us all on the same lvl for at least one achievement :)

小孩子
07-16-2012, 04:52 AM
Take a break from the game... Come back in a week or so.
All your problems will magically disappear :).

vampinoy
07-16-2012, 05:01 AM
Vamp, sry to say this but ur getting on my nerves with all your talk.
Most ppl are here for the fun and 'competition', but not competition that can be bought just by plat...

Ok, you might work your *** off in rl, so u can afford to spend a thousand plat per day.
But there is no need to mark us as whiners or lazy or not taking our chances just cause we cant afford to mbash all day or need months to save up a million -.-

U say it's funny that some call it opportunity, but it's exactly what it is.
U're having the means to improve luck, shorten ur farming days, hoarding money, buying titles... all by using plat.
It's an opportunity not everybody has. That's fine but come on, that doesn't make u a better player ^_^

Just one achievement based up on grinding towards something without the plat option would be nice.
It would put us all on the same lvl for at least one achievement :)

Ok I re-read everything and I think I went a little overboard with some of my comments and some inappropriate ones like the "gtfo" to Crimson and yeah..mostly to Crimson, so apologies to him and to anyone who gets irritated by that comment of mine, I apologize for being overly aggressive about it, but I'm not apologizing for the essence of what I'm trying to say...it's the truth...at least from my point of view. Anyway, I've said my piece, I guess let's just wait and see :P Cheers.

ZHEOTARE
07-16-2012, 05:33 AM
Edit: Nevermind...

Cahaun
07-16-2012, 05:56 AM
And peace restored!

Cahaun
07-16-2012, 06:02 AM
What they should do is have a quest where you can obtain gear that is nice but not as good as the legendary gear, kind of like how it was with the mystery and cyber gear. It was nice gear, but if you had the cyber gun set, it was not as good as the death gun set. That is what they should have done with the angel gear. I think for the next campaign they need to think about this idea, and also think about making purple items that are new designs and nice and not just recycle old gear designs. Then people would be content with purple gear the way most people were in the sewers.
Cyber Gear used to be the BEST set Alien Oasis had before the Shadow Caves became an exclusive area that can only be accessed by doing the Victory Lap. The best set then came from elite quests and they weren't a walk in the park. Mystery Armor I wasn't really thrilled with.
Anyways, I think it's possible to have quest obtained ingredients.

GoodSyntax
07-16-2012, 08:42 AM
There are a couple of examples of challenging quest based gear.

All the Frozen Nightmares quests, the Mystery Quests (which required 5 plat to complete by the way) and the Cyber Quests yielded decent gear. The point is that the quests were, and to a point still are, so challenging that many have not completed them yet.

Unfortunately, because the Frozen Nightmares quests in particular were so difficult, most waited until they attained a high level before they completed the quests. So while the rewards (black ice) were the best equips for the level, by the time you get them, you don't need them any more. Honestly, I have no issue with that, but I had hoped that the black ice gear would have been more than just marginally better than other pinks in Frozen Expedition.

vamp, you do have a good point in that the economy is ruined...especially for casual players. It seems silly that so many items are as expensive as they are, so it really is only for twinks (specifically, Toy Wand, Candle, Snowball Launchers, Green Ice, etc). Normal, casual players will never be able to afford green ice or other similar twink gear. Not really an issue for me, because there is other gear out there that is almost as good, and far more reasonably priced.

I also agree that Legendary isn't Legendary when I see so many junk pinks available in CS for what amounts to pocket lint. Hell, I usually just liquidate junk pinks, or give them away because it's not even worth the CS fee. At this point, the Shadow/Hate/Death and Demonic are the only Legendary sets available. Other items I consider legendary are Dragon Items, Green Ice and Vyxnaar - they are so rare that I only see them once in a while in CS.

Now, I'm all for the "truly" legendary gear. I agree that it seems silly that my full str and int crafted fang sets are only worth couple hundred thousand, while, before the cap, it was worth a couple million. If a full crafted, legendary set is only worth, what, maybe 300K, then that doesn't seem too legendary to me.

Perhaps there should be three equips per cap. One that is quest based (like Cyber), one that is crafted (like Demonic, Enchanted and Fang Crafted), and one that is dropped (mega-rare like Dragon). This would provide some variety in the game, and allow cheapskates like me to chase the quest set first and then farm for the crafted/dropped later. It would also extend the life of this particular map, as most "hardcores" will try to get all three sets. I would also like to see the quest based items become the crafted items, that would make it so much harder to attain.

Like others have said the CoP still is the most hardcore item in game, because it was a grind, there was no 4x elixirs at the time, and it could only be attained with strong groups/guild. Every CoP given out was EARNED - and that is why it is still elite. You know whoever wears one knows how to play, knows their role in the group and knows how to contribute to combos, which makes runs far more exciting.

I know I keep kicking a dead horse, but the 4x elixirs have changed the landscape of this game, and not for the better. Whenever I see a player at level 70 with only a few thousand kills, I just have to wonder whether they actually know how to play, or if they "bought" it. I know that STS relies on these types for their income, but there is a huge difference between a level 70 that has a CoP and 45K kills versus a level 70 with 4200 kills - one is simply a better player, is generally more helpful within the community and is a pleasure to run with, the other just treats every map like a sprint and, because they are so overpowered with Thrasher, treats the run like a solo where others are interfering and is usually the one that screams in all caps "LEAVE HIM NOOBS" or "REZ NOW!"

Jugernugetx
07-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Maybe the quest could be beating Tiki God 100 times to get one. Really, id do anything for a diamond lol.

Windwaiker
07-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Maybe a quest where you have to kill 800 of those giant yetis of doom. They're kinda scarce and make good bounty material, at least in my opinion.

kiitz
07-17-2012, 03:46 AM
There are a couple of examples of challenging quest based gear.

All the Frozen Nightmares quests, the Mystery Quests (which required 5 plat to complete by the way) and the Cyber Quests yielded decent gear. The point is that the quests were, and to a point still are, so challenging that many have not completed them yet.

Unfortunately, because the Frozen Nightmares quests in particular were so difficult, most waited until they attained a high level before they completed the quests. So while the rewards (black ice) were the best equips for the level, by the time you get them, you don't need them any more. Honestly, I have no issue with that, but I had hoped that the black ice gear would have been more than just marginally better than other pinks in Frozen Expedition.

vamp, you do have a good point in that the economy is ruined...especially for casual players. It seems silly that so many items are as expensive as they are, so it really is only for twinks (specifically, Toy Wand, Candle, Snowball Launchers, Green Ice, etc). Normal, casual players will never be able to afford green ice or other similar twink gear. Not really an issue for me, because there is other gear out there that is almost as good, and far more reasonably priced.

I also agree that Legendary isn't Legendary when I see so many junk pinks available in CS for what amounts to pocket lint. Hell, I usually just liquidate junk pinks, or give them away because it's not even worth the CS fee. At this point, the Shadow/Hate/Death and Demonic are the only Legendary sets available. Other items I consider legendary are Dragon Items, Green Ice and Vyxnaar - they are so rare that I only see them once in a while in CS.

Now, I'm all for the "truly" legendary gear. I agree that it seems silly that my full str and int crafted fang sets are only worth couple hundred thousand, while, before the cap, it was worth a couple million. If a full crafted, legendary set is only worth, what, maybe 300K, then that doesn't seem too legendary to me.

Perhaps there should be three equips per cap. One that is quest based (like Cyber), one that is crafted (like Demonic, Enchanted and Fang Crafted), and one that is dropped (mega-rare like Dragon). This would provide some variety in the game, and allow cheapskates like me to chase the quest set first and then farm for the crafted/dropped later. It would also extend the life of this particular map, as most "hardcores" will try to get all three sets. I would also like to see the quest based items become the crafted items, that would make it so much harder to attain.

Like others have said the CoP still is the most hardcore item in game, because it was a grind, there was no 4x elixirs at the time, and it could only be attained with strong groups/guild. Every CoP given out was EARNED - and that is why it is still elite. You know whoever wears one knows how to play, knows their role in the group and knows how to contribute to combos, which makes runs far more exciting.

I know I keep kicking a dead horse, but the 4x elixirs have changed the landscape of this game, and not for the better. Whenever I see a player at level 70 with only a few thousand kills, I just have to wonder whether they actually know how to play, or if they "bought" it. I know that STS relies on these types for their income, but there is a huge difference between a level 70 that has a CoP and 45K kills versus a level 70 with 4200 kills - one is simply a better player, is generally more helpful within the community and is a pleasure to run with, the other just treats every map like a sprint and, because they are so overpowered with Thrasher, treats the run like a solo where others are interfering and is usually the one that screams in all caps "LEAVE HIM NOOBS" or "REZ NOW!"

Well thought out. I agree with pretty much everything you've said here and I like the idea of the 3 different sets. Over enough time everyone will get the quest set and at least have a decent set on par with high end gear to use. A fair number of people will get the crafted set (leave the difficulty of crafting the set as it is now) and then leave room for the super rare dragon set type gear that does not impart a huge stat advantage, but still gives players with the ability to get them the "rare" or "elite" feel.

Apasara
07-17-2012, 07:10 AM
I agree too, but it kinda annoys me how glyph is more expensive than Mt fang crafted sets.. Shouldn't it be the other way round? After all Mt fang crafted is better by far... Maybe not as good looking. Or its because Glyph is more rare?....

GoodSyntax
07-17-2012, 08:06 AM
I agree too, but it kinda annoys me how glyph is more expensive than Mt fang crafted sets.. Shouldn't it be the other way round? After all Mt fang crafted is better by far... Maybe not as good looking. Or its because Glyph is more rare?....

It's because Glyph is more rare. It's pure market forces.

Now that Humania is out and so many have gotten parts, if not all, of level 70 sets, everyone is liquidating their crafted Fang gear.

As Im and so many othersm have posted, Nuri drops are set so low, it's almost like pinks are just rumors there. Check out the prices for Glyphic steel and other Demonic crafting components. There are not that many available, and those that are available go for A LOT!

Plus, it helps that the Demonic sets look AWESOME!