PDA

View Full Version : Now THIS is how you farm!

haroldiv
08-25-2010, 02:42 PM
hey all,

you might not have seen me on my normal chars for the last week or so. Thats because i have been building 3 new characters and... wait for it.... playing all 3 at once! Crazy right? Read on. I know not everyone has 3 idevices but im sure a fair amount could have access to two devices if you tried hard. old ipods, old iphones etc. many people just keep these in their desks or in some forgotten corner of their room. So why do this? first of all holy crap is this so much fun and challenging. second, this will get you DOUBLE or TRIPLE chance at pink. MUCH more efficient than luck pots =P

I created these for another reason as well which i will discuss in a separate thread. For now let me just say y'all NEED to try this. Especially the old school guys that complain the game is not hard enough. THIS is a fantastic way to make it much more challenging still using the game mechanics. I know you have spent a lot of time farming the new hidden passages, fun for 10 minutes then you get sick of 1 shot combo blasting. so dont farm on your lvl 45s! You have a couple choices as far as lvl range goes. LVL 19 twinks can farm balefort and balefort hidden passage without gaining xp. LVL 25-29 twinks can farm fathom without any xp and lvl 35 twinks can farm lost expedition without any xp. Hell you can even farm lost expedition with 19 twinks and used it to lvl them up! let me tell you, this is a blast!

So I will be posting more on this soon, i am getting better by the day and i actually hope to start doing Team Zek PVP 3v3 if any of you are up to the challenge =P Yes this is harder in some ways, movement is the trickiest but what its lacking ther is made up for by INSTANT communication between chars. I can pull off quadruple combos with my eyes closed now hehe. More coming soon stay tuned.

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/haroldmopedarmy/forpost.jpg

Azrael
08-25-2010, 02:46 PM
This post clearly proves that there is not enough content in PL..

Edit: nice character line up though

FluffNStuff
08-25-2010, 02:49 PM
This is awesome, and have been meaning to try this out. Haven't seen you in a while, but I am sure you know about the three minute time out now, right? After three minutes, dead characters do not get xp or ITEMS. I assume you are keeping them alive, and I just want to say I am MAD impressed!

smokester
08-25-2010, 02:51 PM
wow zek that is simply amazing... i have an ipod touch im definitely gonna try this out... so you have separate accounts for each device?

Furrawn
08-25-2010, 03:09 PM
OMG. This is insane.
I might try it w two char though.
So now- I have the same question as smoke... Same account or not?

haroldiv
08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
Thanks guys ya u have to make separate accounts which is the biggest drawback to this concept. The amount of money I spent I feel was more than worth the fun I have recieved in return IMO. Just only buy the expansions you need to get buy and no extra emote packs etc if u can't afford, but that said I know this money supports the game and is way less than what I used to spend on MMOs anyway hehe.

Yah I started doing this RIGHT before they nerfed corpse looting. I was actually probably the reason that happened haha, sorry devs. Well maybe it was mostly the turds who would do that one one account and not help at all. Anyway at first I was pissed but it gave me the motivation to keep those chars alive. Then I thought hey maybe combo rate effects drop rate (it doesn't). But hot damn was it awesome when I started busting 4+ combos on one boss.

You will see he setup later but it's pretty awesome. iPad for my tank, iPhone 4 for my mage and iPod for my archer. All connected to a folding iPad case!

Raxie
08-25-2010, 03:14 PM
great idea. i have an ipad and ipod touch so i might try this.

KingFu
08-25-2010, 04:11 PM
Demon claw of the eagle? Steel block shield of the bear? Dreamers wicked winker?

Dude! I will buy that dreamers gem lighhtning staff! I've been looking all over! Lol sorry for looking to buy, it's cool! Ima try it!

Please tell me if any of the items I listed are for sale! I must have them lol!

haroldiv
08-25-2010, 04:18 PM
Yeah there's a bunch of new items in fathom! All lvl 25. I'm not sure if I have two of those staffs but I know I have 2 of the mastery version! It's yours if u like :)

I'm desperately searching for lvl 24-29 pink int helms and wands too. Would happily trade the dreamer staff for one of those!

PvpLegend
08-25-2010, 04:19 PM
amazing...
could u post pics of pinks such demon claw and wicked winker?

KingFu
08-25-2010, 04:19 PM
K thanks. Now what does the wicked winker look like? Lol do any of the items look different?

Also, I would happily pay a lot of gold for those if they are for sale;) I love low level pinks! But farming sucks -.-

Furrawn
08-25-2010, 04:33 PM
K thanks. Now what does the wicked winker look like? Lol do any of the items look different?

Also, I would happily pay a lot of gold for those if they are for sale;) I love low level pinks! But farming sucks -.-
The winker is another eye brace- same design as others...

KingFu
08-25-2010, 04:35 PM
The winker is another eye brace- same design as others...

Do you have one?

bmc85uk
08-25-2010, 05:23 PM
Multi-boxing can be great fun, even more so with an auto-follow feature, nothing like having your own personal heal-bot/buff-bot.

But as Azrael said, if you're using multi-boxing as a means to compensate for boredom, the game isn't entertaining you as well as it should.

Props to you though buddy, I've been hoping they might add auto-follow for a while, and the prospect of multi-boxing just reinforces that :)

bmc85uk
08-25-2010, 07:16 PM
I like this game because it's mobile, you can play small snippets instantly, so it's highly playable. So if a player is entertained using multiple devices, why should the devs not like that?

Who said that they shouldn't?

haroldiv
08-25-2010, 07:35 PM
/follow would be so epic! i could finally farm mega maze. its way too hard to move all 3 through especially on my old ipod hehe. I would rather see the dev time devoted to content them / commands though =P

here are some of the new pinks!

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/5269/newpinks2.jpg

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 07:37 PM
cool... but i find this shouldnt be aloud -.-

bmc85uk
08-25-2010, 07:45 PM
I would rather see the dev time devoted to content them / commands though =P

I'd much rather see them pay some attention to balance issues right now, either way, auto-attack will already make you 'follow' a target, so I can't see it'd take that much time to implement.

Why exactly? If someone's willing to pay to unlock content on another account just to multi-box, surely that's a good thing for the developers? It's can be really hard to pull of well, so it's not like it's taking advantage of an exploit or anything...

haroldiv
08-25-2010, 07:50 PM

I'm curious as to why u feel that way.

gwippy
08-25-2010, 07:55 PM
How long were you farming for?

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 08:05 PM
I find it to be an exploit... its outruled in 90% of other mmos o.O

haroldiv
08-25-2010, 08:26 PM
I'm curious as to why u feel that way.

I find it to be an exploit... its outruled in 90% of other mmos o.O

U misunderstand the rules. What is illegal in the 90% of mmos is botting. Multibox (multiple device) and even dual boxing (1 device with cloned apps) are allowed. Botting is running macro scripts and ai software is what makes it violate TOS.

This is possible in very popular games like wow and eq becomes someone wrote custom software that controls the game and does things like heal target if health drops below x% or rebuff or true auto attack etc.

That is illegal purely because u are not allowed to modify the game or run scripts.

Anyway, I'm sorry u feel that way. I didn't imagine someone would think this was cheating. FYI I use all the gear and anyone who's grouped with me when i do this will tell ya I almost always give away drops i already have ;p

Iambirdman
08-25-2010, 09:13 PM
You farm the fathom crypt, a secret passage?

And let me know which one you have two of:)

GaZz
08-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Hmmm.... iPad and iPhone 4... this might be a plan!!

Spiritualist
08-26-2010, 10:09 AM
I can't imagine how you practically control all the characters at once and move them about. I'd love to see a photo, or better still a YouTube video.

FluffNStuff
08-26-2010, 10:19 AM
The only way I could figure was clearing with one to the boss, bringing the others there then killing the boss. But then again, who knows.

King Kamehameha
08-26-2010, 10:28 AM
Hey if you have another demon claw or steel block shield or w/e it's called can you say what you'd sell them for

Maliken
08-26-2010, 11:29 AM
U misunderstand the rules. What is illegal in the 90% of mmos is botting. Multibox (multiple device) and even dual boxing (1 device with cloned apps) are allowed. Botting is running macro scripts and ai software is what makes it violate TOS.
I think he wanted to say that many games don't allow client to share ip address.
Nice idea though, and a good challenge for all bored lvl 45s.. but i'm wondering if the devs didn't make the game too easy, i mean, exp from 1 to 45 in few day (as i read in a post here) it's just crazy and it completely kills the game.. just my opinion. This is the first MMORPG i've ever seen where you can exp so quick and easy. This is OT thoug...
bye

Xjargon
09-07-2010, 11:54 AM
this is real mmorpg.
Developers make more money, players use their imagination!

kinawarrior
09-07-2010, 12:20 PM
I can't imagine how you practically control all the characters at once and move them about. I'd love to see a photo, or better still a YouTube video.
Control one person with the virtual joystick, and the others with the tap to run option or whatever it is called, that is my guess.