PDA

View Full Version : Speak multiple languages?

Machinima
08-25-2010, 02:45 PM
If English is your source language and you speak a foreign language why not help new players that don't understand things. Translate things for them and help them out, post what language you speak.

Rnrking
08-25-2010, 02:54 PM
uhm heres a idea when u create a account u choose a language and then when someone else talks to you in a different language the game will automagically translate what they are saying into the language that u selected. dont know if that could even be implemented but its a good idea anyways.

Chickdigcookies
08-25-2010, 02:58 PM
im fluent in spanish and english, English being my second language, but i sound white as hell, and i do help the spanish speaking people out...its fun. lol

uhm heres a idea when u create a account u choose a language and then when someone else talks to you in a different language the game will automagically translate what they are saying into the language that u selected. dont know if that could even be implemented but its a good idea anyways.

what they can do is a Spanish Update. Translate everything in spanish, Like WoW or Diablo patches... thats if they want to reach out to the spanish speaking community. which i dont know why they wouldnt...

when you download the game from itunes it says at the very end

Language: English.

Machinima
08-25-2010, 03:35 PM
I was think about this what if they had a built in google translater and have it set to detect language.

Snakespeare
08-25-2010, 03:42 PM
I work in translation. I would not recommend Google Translate to a friend. It's good for looking up individual words, but beyond that it's horrible.

Machinima
08-25-2010, 03:47 PM
What would you recommend?

asommers
08-25-2010, 03:48 PM
Have you seen how people chat in the game and post on the forms? Even the most advanced algorithm couldn't translate that.

-ALS

Machinima
08-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Atleast it would help the people that tried to speak proper communicate with the English community.

Snakespeare
08-25-2010, 04:38 PM
What would you recommend?

I don't recommend any machine translation. I think people should do their best with English in the chat. Sorry. It's not that I am prejudiced, at all. I work with a lot of Europeans, South Americans, Asians all who use English as a second language, or third or fourth. They learn it in school. It's the only way for us all to share one chat.

Chickdigcookies
08-25-2010, 04:49 PM
Yeah, google translate is flawed...

but maybe not translate chat, but the quests, NPCs and stuff. The game itself.

PvpLegend
08-25-2010, 04:51 PM
am i the only one here who speaks french?
a mon avis oui ^^

Snakespeare
08-25-2010, 05:12 PM
Yeah, google translate is flawed...

but maybe not translate chat, but the quests, NPCs and stuff. The game itself.

Yes, that is something I hope for, too. But it costs a lot of money. You have to know that it will generate sales, or else it's just throwing money down the sink.

TwinkTastical
08-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Heres a GREAT idea.. Speak English!
Edit: Dang, might get banned for all caps