PDA

View Full Version : respec issue

Buddyf97
08-25-2010, 03:48 PM
I wanted my Mage to become a paladin so I purchased 5 platinum and the a 1 pack of reroll. I used the reroll and it brought down all my stats. I put attributes in strength until it said 142 and then put the rest in dex. When I got to equip a str item the requirers 142 str I couldn't equip it. I went back to my attributes and my str is only at 137! I really don't want to buy another. I was positive it was at 142. Now I am really upset. :(

asommers
08-25-2010, 03:50 PM
You probably had a buff on you (or gear that boosted that stat). You can only equip gear if your base stat (the one you're putting points into) is at the required level.

-ALS

Buddyf97
08-25-2010, 03:55 PM
I had it at 142. If I had a buff it wasted my money. Now I can't equip lvl 45 items. It said 142. I am positive! This totally wasted my money!

Buddyf97
08-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Now that I look at it a Mage must have used the blessing of might that increased my 137 to 142. I was in a towne. I wasn't even in a dungeon. Now I wasted my money and all my items I gathered are useless! I am so upset!

knockk
08-25-2010, 04:12 PM
the armor you were wearing was giving you +5 strength

Royce
08-25-2010, 04:41 PM
the armor you were wearing was giving you +5 strength

No all gear gets unequipped when you use a respec. Buddyf97 correctly figured out that he was buffed by BOM when he respec'd which gives you a temporary 5 Str bonus. Many people have had this problem and it's why it is not recommended to respec in town since mages are always spamming buffs there.

Royce
08-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Buddy if you really don't want ro respec again there's a way you could equip most of your gear, but you'd have to wear an Osiris helm. If you put on any helm you can wear that has a Str bonus, it will put you over 138 Str. With 138 Str you can switch to an Osiris helm, that will take your Str up to 145 and you could then equip whatever weapon, armor and shield you want. You would have to keep the Osiris helm on though or all your gear would automatically unequip. It's not perfect but if you're not going to respec again it may be good enough to last you till AO3 comes out and you can raise your Str again.

Edit: In fact you could probably pull of the same trick with a Zuraz weapon instead of the Osiris helm if you've got the lance or plasma.