PDA

View Full Version : Dark Legends Summer Nights Event

Samhayne
07-17-2012, 09:34 AM

In tribute to the eternal power of flame and in honor of the recent Summer Solstice, the Vampire Nation has made a bonfire! Join the Summer Nights Event on now through the end of the month!

New Content - Summer Nights Event!
• New event exclusive Druidic mask drops.
• Blood Blossoms now drop in the world during the Summer Nights Event! These can be sacrificed in the bonfire to obtain health regen buffs.
• Combine a Fire Gem with a rare world drop (lvl 10 and above) to create a Fire Jewel that has a unique bracelet effect.
• Druidic Solstice Bundle available in the store for a limited time.
• New vanities drop in the world.

The new Fire Jewel Bracelet

Tweaks and Fixes
• Platinum Vanities are now stashable
• Additional Goals have been added
• Vanities acquired via mission and Nightly Rewards are now tradable and stashable.
• Toggle Joystick Location! Go to game Options to move the joystick to the center left of the screen.
• Drain UI Element has been cleaned up a bit, and it should be clearer when it is appropriate to use.
• Discounted Potion Vendors are now in the premium Guild Halls.
• Friends goal task should be tracked correctly now.
• Elixir associated Achievements have been fixed to be granted properly.
• Kriegberg Helix Elite Cap reward has had its stats boosted slightly.
• Loadouts added to inventory.
• Loot tables for Morhaven District will now properly display the loot that will drop in the mission. Previously it was displaying level appropriate loot instead of loot tied to the recommended level.
• First Willowbrook ally is now being correctly displayed.
• Luck Elixirs were unintentionally too effective, and have been modified from 50%->35% and 35%->15% where appropriate.
• Completed missions now have a checkmark.

Samhayne
07-17-2012, 01:01 PM
In order to play the Summer Nights Event, you will need to update to the latest game client version of Dark Legends.

It may take some time for the new client to propagate through the Apple App Store and Google Play for you to get it.

For assistance with Android upgrades, please visit this article: http://support.spacetimestudios.com/entries/20075762-i-have-trouble-installing-or-updating-the-game-on-my-android

StompArtist
07-17-2012, 01:03 PM
Thanks Sam.

Popular
07-17-2012, 01:04 PM
I love it! Very creative!

Cahaun
07-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Nice

Muertos
07-17-2012, 01:15 PM
Yeaahh very nice:)

thecrankybearsam
07-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Lol, a bonfire? Will there be roasted wieners and smoores?

Lady_Pebbles
07-17-2012, 02:14 PM
it on like donkey kong baby!!!

Samhayne
07-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Lol, a bonfire? Will there be roasted plasma and marrow?

There, I fixed that for you :vD:

thecrankybearsam
07-17-2012, 02:32 PM
lol that's funny Sam ^.^

Onaraasider
07-17-2012, 02:44 PM
lol

lethalchick
07-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Do the fire gems come from bosses or allies? I'm confuzzled :O Looks like a cool update though :D

Samhayne
07-17-2012, 03:15 PM
Do the fire gems come from bosses or allies? I'm confuzzled :O Looks like a cool update though :D

You get the base Fire Gem from talking to the other Vampires in the District that are next to the Bonfire. As you play the game, the Fire Shard that you need to combine with the Fire Gem to have a chance of getting the Legendary Gem that gives the Bracelet effect. It may sound confusing here on the forums, but once you get into game, talk to the Vampires in the District and play, you'll get it :)

Pauly
07-17-2012, 03:21 PM
new vanities?

Flippys
07-17-2012, 03:37 PM
Sounds nice. But my Fire is not receiving the new update. And looking at http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/, it still is showing the old update from July 3rd.

Samhayne
07-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Thanks Flippys, we will update the download page right now.

Lady_Pebbles
07-17-2012, 03:43 PM
My toon is level 26 and recieved all gems at level 1 or 16. The bracelet is also level 16. All in which have crappy stats.. Please tell me this is a glitch cuz this is ridculous & would make this incredibly worthless.

And how rare are the droppable vanities from the event? Did all maps with elixirs and the solstice buff... Still no vanity drop.

Edit: Carapace said on Floating's thread its not a glitch.... God this sucks. Smh.

Flippys
07-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Thanks Sam for the quick response. I can't wait to check out the event.

Samhayne
07-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Thanks Sam for the quick response. I can't wait to check out the event.

The download page has been updated with the latest Dark Legends .APK.

Go get it here! http://account.spacetimestudios.com/download/

Xionskull
07-17-2012, 04:22 PM
Woot!

octavos
07-17-2012, 04:39 PM
im still not getting energy full notification on my phone...Xperia Play. :(
btw... awesome update...very nicely done :P

Carapace
07-17-2012, 04:55 PM
My toon is level 26 and recieved all gems at level 1 or 16. The bracelet is also level 16. All in which have crappy stats.. Please tell me this is a glitch cuz this is ridculous & would make this incredibly worthless.

And how rare are the droppable vanities from the event? Did all maps with elixirs and the solstice buff... Still no vanity drop.

Edit: Carapace said on Floating's thread its not a glitch.... God this sucks. Smh.

This was an oversight on my part, and a new version that goes from Fire Jewel -> Fire Star (lvl 26) will be available in a future update

n00b13st
07-17-2012, 05:02 PM
Looks like a cool update - except for the part about reducing the luck. :vwink: Thanks, especially for the increased guild hall features!

Jugernugetx
07-17-2012, 05:07 PM
Items are rare... beyond rare. Even when i use elixirs they are rare! Its an event. Dont make items as rare as they are now. Make em easier to get. You get it. They are RAAAAAAAAAAAARRRREEEE.

Lady_Pebbles
07-17-2012, 05:14 PM

This was an oversight on my part, and a new version that goes from Fire Jewel -> Fire Star (lvl 26) will be available in a future update
Thank you! Glad we won't waste our time now. Woot woot.

Upgraded through the event npcs right? No plat involved right?! >_>

Takezaki
07-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Rare is right, stop wanting everything to be so easy to find, this has been the main problem of this game in the past.

Some rarity will make things balanced.

My one issue though with the new patch, if vanities are tradeable, why not make a tab for them in the auction house? Really a hassle to spam in town when you want to buy a certain vanity. Would make things alot easier imo. Just like it is in Star Legends.

Carapace
07-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Rare is right, stop wanting everything to be so easy to find, this has been the main problem of this game in the past.

Some rarity will make things balanced.

My one issue though with the new patch, if vanities are tradeable, why not make a tab for them in the auction house? Really a hassle to spam in town when you want to buy a certain vanity. Would make things alot easier imo. Just like it is in Star Legends.

We do want to support this in the future, but it's a more substantial undertaking. In the meantime direct trading is available to facilitate the process :vsmile:

Carapace
07-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Thank you! Glad we won't waste our time now. Woot woot.

Upgraded through the event npcs right? No plat involved right?! >_>

This will not require plat :vsmile:

Staryknight
07-17-2012, 05:41 PM

This is great. But please don't change the look of this item? This is my favorite looking item in game and I don't want to have to change it's looks just for stats.

n00b13st
07-17-2012, 05:45 PM
Platinum vanities supposed to be stashable? I can't stash some of my plat vanities - colonial top, for example.

n00b13st
07-17-2012, 05:48 PM
And potion vendor in the guild hall? All I see is a blood pack vendor and I have a tier 3 guild hall.

Carapace
07-17-2012, 06:27 PM
And potion vendor in the guild hall? All I see is a blood pack vendor and I have a tier 3 guild hall.

At this time bloodpacks is correct, discounted Elixir Vendors will be coming in time

Carapace
07-17-2012, 06:28 PM
Platinum vanities supposed to be stashable? I can't stash some of my plat vanities - colonial top, for example.

The Colonial top is not a platinum vanity, this is a gold purchased vanity which is not stashable by design. Is there a different one you are referring too?

n00b13st
07-17-2012, 07:05 PM
At this time bloodpacks is correct, discounted Elixir Vendors will be coming in time

I see - I was misled by the phrasing "Discounted Potion Vendors are now in the premium Guild Halls." In PL of course health and mana are potions (usually called pots by most players) but in DL I hadn't noticed the blood packs being referred to that way so I assumed potion=elixir.

Thank you for the clarification.

n00b13st
07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
The Colonial top is not a platinum vanity, this is a gold purchased vanity which is not stashable by design. Is there a different one you are referring too?

I see - I'd forgotten it was gold rather than plat. That's presumably also true for the others I couldn't stash.

Thank you for the info.

Chanyu96
07-17-2012, 07:36 PM
I think they need more vanities, because I got them all..

n00b13st
07-17-2012, 08:40 PM

LOL. How do you have the title "blogger"?

Jcyee
07-17-2012, 09:19 PM
Coooooooool

Jugernugetx
07-17-2012, 09:34 PM
How............... how.... how.. how.

Bilaxman
07-17-2012, 11:13 PM
LOL. How do you have the title "blogger"?

Settings --> Permission Groups --> Blogger

:)

Tor
07-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Hey Sam! Thx for all the hard work and for checking the forums for feedback... and incorporating it! The update is awesome! New loot is really cool and look forward to checking my Day 5 Nightly Reward + being able to swap / sell the items is totally awesome. And Loadout!!! Yeah baby! Nice! Awesome to switch back and forth now from offense to defense gear. Great work to the whole team and you guys have me playing waaaaaaaaaay more than I should! Thx team!

xnoir
08-02-2012, 04:51 AM
New Vanity are they available during summer event?
Does Drop Vanity have different type or color from the 5th Day Nightly reward?

Unquenchable
08-02-2012, 09:48 AM
When does it end?

Phoenician1
08-04-2012, 03:52 PM
About the Bonfire, I went ahead and used my Fire Gem to create a Solstice Fire Star at about level 23. It's no good to me for a couple of levels, so I went back and tried to make another Fire Gem. I had the right ingredients, but all the two NPCs would talk about was my cool new Fire Star, which I can't stash/hide. Is this planned this way, one Gem & one Star to a player?

BG_zorro
08-05-2012, 07:59 AM
You have to unequip the bracelet you have, then come back to them with the two gems to make a new one. :-)

livingdead713
08-05-2012, 08:29 PM
When does it end?

i was wondering the same thing

Phoenician1
08-06-2012, 04:17 PM
You have to unequip the bracelet you have, then come back to them with the two gems to make a new one. :-)

Don't think so. I don't have the Fire Star equipped (not quite 26 yet) and it can't be stashed. So I have to carry it with me, without "wearing" it. But when I pull out the two ingredients from storage, the two NPCs still pay no attention to the ingredients. I even tried approaching them with no bracelet equipped at all. They just marvel at the Fire Star. Sadness...

Carapace
08-06-2012, 04:38 PM
This is by design. You can shift around the shards required to make the Jewel and the Star, but the actual gems have to be made and received on the character you want it on.

Wontwang
08-10-2014, 12:01 AM
If we could have this again or something different then the fire shard it'd be nice since there's no new lvl cap or campaign :/

Santosh Elangadi
08-11-2014, 12:34 PM
hoping similar event...........:devilish::star::ghost::panda::fro g:

Caosashe
08-21-2014, 01:44 AM
hoping similar event...........:devilish::star::ghost::panda::fro g:

Hope Die Last! :apthy:

Warlord0520
08-21-2014, 02:01 PM
Hope Die Last! :apthy:

Dang I thot we had a new event :(

Santosh Elangadi
08-22-2014, 06:33 AM
Dang I thot we had a new event :(

lol

Remiem
08-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to go ahead and lock this so it doesn't confuse people. Unfortunately at this time there are no plans to re-run the Summer Night event. We will be sure to keep you up to date on any new events for Dark Legends via the Announcements section. Thanks!

Remi