PDA

View Full Version : Been done some thinking.

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 10:31 AM
So I been thinking. I would like some confirmation on whether or not there will be anymore set bonuses from vanities. If not, I have a feeling my need for capping will go down. Like this go around I probably won't cap. But that's because I'll be given a helm that ill most likely never wear and if I do, my bigger luck suffices better under any situation. Now I won't intentionally cap should I say. If I do while farming or whatever with no lixirs that's cool.

I figure if I let the pros do the capping, ill see the vanity, if I like it. Hey ill cap. But that's my thoughts. I see no reason to cap if I ain't gettin nothing for it.

NotYoCookiez
07-17-2012, 10:35 AM
My thoughts exactly :/

I grinded to 100k ONLY USING 1.5x and daily and found out that it was all for appearance!! ),:
I didn't want it for the looks, looks was least on my list for reasons I should cap lol.

wvhills
07-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I rushed to cap in mt fang so I could get the armor and then get a bonus when I got the humania cap. I've now learned that the mt fang armor and humania helm don't give bonuses and I feel cheated so I'm not going to get to cap. Once I spend all the plat I already bought I'm not buying anymore either.

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 10:41 AM
However I won't say I won't buy plat, I just won't use lixirs. Like you I worked my butt off for mt fang armor. And its one of the best items anyone or anything has given me. It meant a lot to me and it still does. I will never love another item. And while it is a dissappointment that I can't have a vanity bonus. I understand why its got to be that way.

Chopper
07-17-2012, 10:52 AM
I rushed to cap in mt fang so I could get the armor and then get a bonus when I got the humania cap. I've now learned that the mt fang armor and humania helm don't give bonuses and I feel cheated so I'm not going to get to cap. Once I spend all the plat I already bought I'm not buying anymore either.

agree. The sad part is, that it's one of the best enticements for people to spend money and grind playing the game, to get a special stat bonus as a reward. Even 50 HP can make a big difference when being hit by tough bosses sometimes. Spacetime decided not to reward their most hardcore or loyal customers anymore with this. It seems, they want to go the way of dragon vanities instead with people buying "gamble packs" to soak up platinum from those choosing to take more risks

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 10:57 AM

agree. The sad part is, that it's one of the best enticements for people to spend money and grind playing the game, to get a special stat bonus as a reward. Even 50 HP can make a big difference when being hit by tough bosses sometimes. Spacetime decided not to reward their most hardcore or loyal customers anymore with this. It seems, they want to go the way of dragon vanities instead with people buying "gamble packs" to soak up platinum from those choosing to take more risks

That actually makes sense. I hadn't thought of the dragon vanities like that. To compromise with not having anymore vanity sets, they made dragon. That makes 100% sense. And the sets aren't THAT bad. I mean next to the elite vanities, they stand somewhat of a chance.

morfic
07-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I been done some agree'n

Zeus
07-17-2012, 11:43 AM
That actually makes sense. I hadn't thought of the dragon vanities like that. To compromise with not having anymore vanity sets, they made dragon. That makes 100% sense. And the sets aren't THAT bad. I mean next to the elite vanities, they stand somewhat of a chance.

In some cases, they're a lot better.

Jcyee
07-17-2012, 12:39 PM
So theyre wont b any future elite vanity bonus to go along with the current lvl 71 elite vanity?

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 12:50 PM
A lot of people have told me that Techno said that there will be no more vanity bonuses

Arsenal
07-17-2012, 12:52 PM
techno stated

Hello,

Techno Email here with the word on elite vanity stat bonuses. It is my intent that the elite level 71 helm, and all vanity items going forward, will serve only to change your character's appearance. This is not to say that vanity items will become inherently less cool. In fact, I'd love to hear your ideas for exciting visuals that and elite player could wear to help differentiate them from the masses.

Here are a couple of totally crazy ideas just to get your creative, brainstorming juices flowing:
-Imagine if the elite level 71 helm granted you access to secret area or granted you a special quest.
-Imagine if the "Volcoconut" helm had a chance to emit a volcanic-eruption when you used your firestorm ability.

Something to consider:
A vanity item can allow you to change the appearance of your character, while maintaining the stat's from your stat'd gear. How many of you would happily give up your elite vanity items AND their set bonus in exchange for true vanity items and perhaps a ring with a even greater stat's?

Suentous PO
07-17-2012, 01:08 PM
Short answer no no more stats.
Long one- well your chance of looting 56 glyph is about as good as getting a straight answer from whoever is in the know (see "
Nightmare antenna")
:)

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 01:11 PM
Well Mr. Sue i must say. Sounds plausible. Guess i better get to farming for some 56 glyph.

ImHawk
07-17-2012, 01:14 PM
Now u tell me...
@.@
60k into cap...

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Shoot you may as well finish it and cap. your already there xD

Chopper
07-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Shoot you may as well finish it and cap. your already there xD

no, when the next campaign is close, Spacetime will pimp the hell out of the cap helmet in HUmania, enticing people to spend platinum and elixirs to get the helmet before its "too late" - never actually mention that it's useless in terms of boosting stats. That's what happened to the Mt Fang armour - when everyone though the armour would work with the new Humania helmet for a stat boost.

Energizeric
07-17-2012, 02:29 PM
I would want the helm if it actually looked good with the humanian gear, but it does not except for looking good with the crafted staff. I'm a bear, and the str gear does not match the new helm, so no need for me to have it. I'll probably get it in time, but will not put in any big effort to cap. In fact, right now I have my XP turned off (I'm 100 xp away from lvl68) so I can farm lvl66 items.

Elyseon
07-17-2012, 07:06 PM
up to you, bro
if ya have time and plat to waste tho, go for it

NotYoCookiez
07-17-2012, 07:28 PM
I kinda expected mount fang robes not to have a bonus.

However I totally did NOT except the new line of vanities to have no bonuses on ward. Its all for "appearance".

If I wanted a helmet just for looks I would buy a sombrero and save a whole lot of time. Plus it would represent my culture, and It contains moral value like how the elite helmet does to some people.

McBain
07-17-2012, 07:30 PM
My take is that vanities shouldn't have stats anyway, but mainly in the interest of fairness, if there aren't going to be set bonuses for cap vanities going forward, they should also remove the set bonuses from previous vanity items. That way everyone's in the same boat.

TANKKAAR
07-17-2012, 07:44 PM
My take is that vanities shouldn't have stats anyway, but mainly in the interest of fairness, if there aren't going to be set bonuses for cap vanities going forward, they should also remove the set bonuses from previous vanity items. That way everyone's in the same boat.

The day that happens is the day I and many others quit ...

Plaguemaw
07-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Personally I wasn't around for the sewer caps and nuri, but I did get the Mt fang armor. Was terribly disappointed that it didn't bonus with humania helm. Now I'm hearing that the 76 and 81 caps won't bonus, what is the point of dumping 1k or so plat to cap early? I capped as fast as possible to get a vanity bonus for PvP, and now I am hearing that no matter how hard I work, elix or not, ill never get the bonus. Dam, and to think that plat could have been a tank of gas in the car.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
Ewwyuckgross (soon to be) lv56 bird
Sandblast lv51 mage
Feedyourhead lv30 bear
Mayhembeak lv30 bird
Maliciousbear lv25 bear
Hostilebear lv22 bear
Divmay lv18 bear
Plaguemaw lv17 bear
Minimayhem lv10 bear
Hostilemerch lv4 bird

WoundedEagle
07-17-2012, 11:32 PM

You and I both dude.

WarTornBird
07-17-2012, 11:36 PM
you 3 vanities whiner guys. the vanity bonuses aint going no where -.-

Kaytar
07-17-2012, 11:46 PM
I rushed to 71 before I knew the elite vanity would not make a set bonus with the next vanity. But, I remember technoemail posted somewhere saying that we could still have sparkles. Who knows? Maybe we get some sick looking rainbow glyph smoke? Haha either way, I'm going for 76 then 81

razerfingers
07-18-2012, 12:06 AM
*disappointment* i could have used that $50 to get to 66 to level up toons i mean yeah mt. Fang armor is cool in all but i only got it to have a baonus but whatever maybe last time ill spend $50 all at once for plat.. :P

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Mothwing
07-18-2012, 12:15 AM
All I have to say is, the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP. Therefore, I couldnt care less about it. And that's mainly the reason why I don't go for the vanities, because they don't do anything besides make you look good, which I already have. (Sarcasm) But in all seriousness, I wish we could all get over this item obsession that we all seem to have and just play the darn game.

razerfingers
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
All I have to say is, the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP. Therefore, I couldnt care less about it. And that's mainly the reason why I don't go for the vanities, because they don't do anything besides make you look good, which I already have. (Sarcasm) But in all seriousness, I wish we could all get over this item obsession that we all seem to have and just play the darn game.

Good way to put it but some cap because they have extra money or too luch that they needa spend it on it seems :)

Mothwing
07-18-2012, 12:16 AM
Personally I wasn't around for the sewer caps and nuri, but I did get the Mt fang armor. Was terribly disappointed that it didn't bonus with humania helm. Now I'm hearing that the 76 and 81 caps won't bonus, what is the point of dumping 1k or so plat to cap early? I capped as fast as possible to get a vanity bonus for PvP, and now I am hearing that no matter how hard I work, elix or not, ill never get the bonus. Dam, and to think that plat could have been a tank of gas in the car.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
Sandblast lv51 mage
Feedyourhead lv30 bear
Mayhembeak lv30 bird
Maliciousbear lv25 bear
Hostilebear lv22 bear
Divmay lv18 bear
Plaguemaw lv17 bear
Minimayhem lv10 bear
Hostilemerch lv4 bird

Ill say it again...the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP.

Mothwing
07-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Good way to put it but some cap because they have extra money or too luch that they needa spend it on it seems :)

You can never have too much money. Do what I do, SAVE IT.

Excuse my double post Sir Otu.

razerfingers
07-18-2012, 12:22 AM
You can never have too much money. Do what I do, SAVE IT.

Excuse my double post Sir Otu.

Lol, i dont need no car yet! I got a bike and im 16 when i get a job ill save my money :) but its hard at 16 when you're addicted to shoes and hats lol thats me though xP

Walkhardd
07-18-2012, 01:17 AM
mt fang armor doesnt make a set with the 71 helm??

i like how techno called the first 71 helm volconut. xD

Elyseon
07-18-2012, 01:51 AM
I rushed to 71 before I knew the elite vanity would not make a set bonus with the next vanity. But, I remember technoemail posted somewhere saying that we could still have sparkles. Who knows? Maybe we get some sick looking rainbow glyph smoke? Haha either way, I'm going for 76 then 81

tbh i prefer sparkles over stats

Mothwing
07-18-2012, 03:07 AM
tbh i prefer sparkles over stats

Well duhz, we all know sparklez make you more powerful.

Kaytar
07-18-2012, 03:11 AM

tbh i prefer sparkles over statsMe too. stats are going enough anyway

Apasara
07-18-2012, 03:20 AM
I think this cap thing should stay for ever. If we want the vanity we can do a quest or something. But I too capped at 66 hoping I'll get a set bonus at 71, but now that there's no bonus, I won't cap. I'd like sts to bring back the achievement of CoP and SoH, and MFA. I want CoP and SoH. I really wanna sparkle too. Really I do.

WarTornBird
07-18-2012, 04:24 AM
I think this cap thing should stay for ever. If we want the vanity we can do a quest or something. But I too capped at 66 hoping I'll get a set bonus at 71, but now that there's no bonus, I won't cap. I'd like sts to bring back the achievement of CoP and SoH, and MFA. I want CoP and SoH. I really wanna sparkle too. Really I do.

If they do bring that stuff back. Sts will never hear the end of it. People will start whining that the vanities mean nothing now. All of the community will quit because they're precious vanities are in noobs hands. Whirlz will whine some more, and I just don't care to listen to it nor do I care to read thread after thread of how people are quitting over a little golden crown. It's best we let them feel superior and let them have their way.

Apasara
07-18-2012, 07:10 AM
Eh.. My pl days are soon over anyways. Pl is good but their are some things that don't make sense. Who ever came up with the idea of 'Elite Vanity with no stat bonus' should think again. Now that there is a elite vanity set with stat bonus, there should be another. And I also believe that ALL Elite vanities should be able to bonus with each other. And you could make the effect different depending on which elite vanity you have on. The people who capped at 66, most were looking forward to the new 71 elite vanity helm. Before new humania, I had a feeling that Sts would make new elite vanities not bonus with old elite vanities. But I never thought that they wouldn't make a bonus for the new elite vanities. Now its just for appearance? Now for the people who didn't cap at 56 or 61 or 66, don't have the chance to get a stat bonus, nore have a perfectly good looking elite vanity set. And for the people who capped at 66, worked their hardest hoping there would be a bonus but didn't get it. This whole thing is now a complete mess.. You have these people who spent their time and money on capping at 66, lost their hopes and give up. And start to have doubts.. Eventually they'll quit. I will soon be one of them. But I wouldn't quit cause I didn't get a stat bonus. I'd quit cause there is a bit of unfairness, and its all so messy, too messy, I can't think straight. So I just don't know anymore. Lost my hopes. Moving on... But grats to the ones who capped at 56, 61 and 66. Just consider yourselfs lucky. Anyways, I think I've said enough.

StompArtist
07-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Lol, i dont need no car yet! I got a bike and im 16 when i get a job ill save my money :) but its hard at 16 when you're addicted to shoes and hats lol thats me though xP

I also recommend pants and shirts.

trunzoc
07-18-2012, 08:54 AM
@Mothwing

How can you say a stat bonus doesn't help in PVP? 2 identical toons, played by equally skilled player. One has the elite set, one does not. Even a +1 armor could make a difference. I understand that most of it is a roll of the dice, and luck on dodge, but to say it makes no difference seems silly.

simple truth with an example... A buddy (he's a str/dex bear) started PVPing for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm a warbird and do a pretty good job of tearing up bears. This friend fought me with his normal gear and I toasted him repeatedly. He put on his dragon set and toasted me repeatedly. Took off dragon and put on his elite set, toasted me repeatedly. Took elite off back to normal gear, I toasted him again.

ANY stat increase helps.

Don't think I'm whining about this, I'm not.

To me, the older players and their elite gear make it more similar to a real MMO. I used to play DAoC. Not only was there xp levels, there were also "fighting" levels. The longer you played, and more you PvPed, the more fighting skill you got. SO yeah, everyone was at level cap, but the truley old and devoted players would still kick your but because of the extra skills they learned for some much PvP.

The elite gear is like the PvP xp to me. As a new player (just at 6 months), I SHOULDN'T be stronger than, or even equal to, someone that has been playing the same toon for 1.5 years. The gear acquired over that timeframe is the "PvP" xp that made DAoC so dynamic.

You think taking stats from elite vanities would cause an uproar? Imagine what would happen if STS gave a new skill/stat increase for every 1k pvp kills someone has, or every 1k PvE kills even.

Elyseon
07-18-2012, 10:09 AM
also you have to realize us oldies that got the CoP werent expecting any bonus- the goal was the pride of the elite cap, this is even true for the first 61's
i believe there wasnt even a item at all when the first reached 61(dollo i think)
if it goes back to just the pride of the elite level im fine with that, i did it for no bonus in the first place, maybe its just my greed, but i like getting exclusive vanities, or any gear lol

Plaguemaw
07-18-2012, 10:43 AM
Ill say it again...the bonus doesn't do crud in PVP.

If you took the time to relax, you would notice I posted before you. No need to repeat yourself.

Divinemayhem lv71 bear
Divinemayhemz lv70 mage
Divinexmayhem lv70 bird
Sandblast lv51 mage
Feedyourhead lv30 bear
Mayhembeak lv30 bird
Maliciousbear lv25 bear
Hostilebear lv22 bear
Divmay lv18 bear
Plaguemaw lv17 bear
Minimayhem lv10 bear
Hostilemerch lv4 bird

Mothwing
07-18-2012, 04:05 PM
@Mothwing

How can you say a stat bonus doesn't help in PVP? 2 identical toons, played by equally skilled player. One has the elite set, one does not. Even a +1 armor could make a difference. I understand that most of it is a roll of the dice, and luck on dodge, but to say it makes no difference seems silly.

simple truth with an example... A buddy (he's a str/dex bear) started PVPing for the first time a few weeks ago. I'm a warbird and do a pretty good job of tearing up bears. This friend fought me with his normal gear and I toasted him repeatedly. He put on his dragon set and toasted me repeatedly. Took off dragon and put on his elite set, toasted me repeatedly. Took elite off back to normal gear, I toasted him again.

ANY stat increase helps.

Don't think I'm whining about this, I'm not.

To me, the older players and their elite gear make it more similar to a real MMO. I used to play DAoC. Not only was there xp levels, there were also "fighting" levels. The longer you played, and more you PvPed, the more fighting skill you got. SO yeah, everyone was at level cap, but the truley old and devoted players would still kick your but because of the extra skills they learned for some much PvP.

The elite gear is like the PvP xp to me. As a new player (just at 6 months), I SHOULDN'T be stronger than, or even equal to, someone that has been playing the same toon for 1.5 years. The gear acquired over that timeframe is the "PvP" xp that made DAoC so dynamic.

You think taking stats from elite vanities would cause an uproar? Imagine what would happen if STS gave a new skill/stat increase for every 1k pvp kills someone has, or every 1k PvE kills even.

Because I don't have the vanities yet I seem to be pretty good at beating those who do...If you have a good enough combo, vanity players are extremely easy to beat. In fact i have a harder time with some players that don't have vanities at all. (COUGH Icelinger COUGH Protectmyneck COUGH Strklownin) It's you're frame of mind, as well as your skill.

Listen guys, STS never said anything about bringing the set bonus back, so bashing them for not bringing it back isn't the best thing to be doing. Besides, I think we can all admit that most of us are in it just for the "sparkles". I'm not saying that there arent people who want the stats, but I think most of us just want to look cool. And I can't blame you for that, because yes it IS fun to get pm's asking how you got an item (even though it will get annoying after a while). SO, if this is correct, we shouldn't be complaining, because Techno did say she might add sparkles just for the heck of it.

We all know what happens when you assume...

WarTornBird
07-18-2012, 05:05 PM
Moth your a mage. I don't wanna hear it. Love you to death man. But you have it easy in pvp. And have had it easy since fang.

Mothwing
07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Moth your a mage. I don't wanna hear it. Love you to death man. But you have it easy in pvp. And have had it easy since fang.

Everybody has an equal chance. There are pro mages, pro birds, and pro bears, so don't say mages have it easy, because we don't. I don't want to go into all the details, let alone the hate we get from not healing.

@Divine I am relaxed. Im just really tired of everybody getting butthurt over some stats. Just. Play. The. Game.

/thislinemarkstheunsubscriptionofthisthreadandhopef ullyitwilldie

PatsoeGamer
07-18-2012, 05:42 PM
News just in from STS twitter account- @PocketLegends: New elite dungeon coming soon to Pocket Legends for level 71s!

Elyseon
07-18-2012, 09:01 PM
News just in from STS twitter account- @PocketLegends: New elite dungeon coming soon to Pocket Legends for level 71s!
awesome :D

McBain
07-18-2012, 10:02 PM

Are the set bonuses really that big deal of deal?

Personally, I don't feel strongly about it either way. All I'm saying is, the only fair way resolve this issue is: either all cap vanities combine for a bonus, or none do. No matter what happens, some people are going to complain (it's inevitable), but at least there won't be any gray area on the matter, and none of this "these vanities do this, but these other vanities don't" bs. I love STS, but one thing they're not great at is drawing a line in the sand, so to speak.

trunzoc
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Because I don't have the vanities yet I seem to be pretty good at beating those who do...If you have a good enough combo, vanity players are extremely easy to beat. In fact i have a harder time with some players that don't have vanities at all. (COUGH Icelinger COUGH Protectmyneck COUGH Strklownin) It's you're frame of mind, as well as your skill.

Listen guys, STS never said anything about bringing the set bonus back, so bashing them for not bringing it back isn't the best thing to be doing. Besides, I think we can all admit that most of us are in it just for the "sparkles". I'm not saying that there arent people who want the stats, but I think most of us just want to look cool. And I can't blame you for that, because yes it IS fun to get pm's asking how you got an item (even though it will get annoying after a while). SO, if this is correct, we shouldn't be complaining, because Techno did say she might add sparkles just for the heck of it.

We all know what happens when you assume...

You're kind of making everyone's point for them in the "Mages are OP" debate...

If you need to list specific people can beat you who don't have a set that gives +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor, and saying that other people who DO have that set, when you don't, don't pose and particular problem, then there might be something wrong. It goes back to "This pro guy kills me, but I'm not scared of anyone else". Of the 3 you named, how many are dexbirds or other mages?

I'm hesitant to fight mages at all 1v1 because I know that the chances are about 90% that drain/lightning combo is going to kill my warbird before I can do any more than cruel blast, which is REQUIRED to get any damage at all because of mana shield. Pure dex birds, and only pure dex birds, have the front-loaded damage to maybe kill a mage with that 1 combo. Adversely, EVERY mage, int or otherwise, has the ability to kill most anyone else with their combo.

Add the fact that now cruel blast is almost always dodged....

basically, what it boils down to is that if you say +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor on your opponents means nothing, you might be OP.

Mothwing
07-19-2012, 03:13 PM
You're kind of making everyone's point for them in the "Mages are OP" debate...

If you need to list specific people can beat you who don't have a set that gives +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor, and saying that other people who DO have that set, when you don't, don't pose and particular problem, then there might be something wrong. It goes back to "This pro guy kills me, but I'm not scared of anyone else". Of the 3 you named, how many are dexbirds or other mages?

I'm hesitant to fight mages at all 1v1 because I know that the chances are about 90% that drain/lightning combo is going to kill my warbird before I can do any more than cruel blast, which is REQUIRED to get any damage at all because of mana shield. Pure dex birds, and only pure dex birds, have the front-loaded damage to maybe kill a mage with that 1 combo. Adversely, EVERY mage, int or otherwise, has the ability to kill most anyone else with their combo.

Add the fact that now cruel blast is almost always dodged....

basically, what it boils down to is that if you say +5 Dodge, +50 Health, +10 Armor on your opponents means nothing, you might be OP.

This is not an argument about the mages, mmk? All im saying, is that you still have a chance to beat the other person weather he has a vanity set on or not. Do your combo, manage your health, and kite. I guarantee that you'll win 99% of the time.

WarTornBird
07-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Manage your hp ._.
Mothy, you got everything going for you.
It's near impossible to "manage" our hp now that our heal doesn't work unless we stop in our tracks. Thus throwing kiting right out the window. You play a mage. And nothing but it. I want you to make a bird. And then you can tell me mages aren't op.

Mothwing
07-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Manage your hp ._.
Mothy, you got everything going for you.
It's near impossible to "manage" our hp now that our heal doesn't work unless we stop in our tracks. Thus throwing kiting right out the window. You play a mage. And nothing but it. I want you to make a bird. And then you can tell me mages aren't op.

I have a bird, thanks.

WarTornBird
07-19-2012, 04:22 PM
And I can bet, that you don't have it NEAR as easy. Cause birds take skill. Mages on the other hand. Not much skill to it.

razerfingers
07-19-2012, 04:24 PM
And I can bet, that you don't have it NEAR as easy. Cause birds take skill. Mages on the other hand. Not much skill to it.

True^^ im pro at mage sorta bird is hard as hell same with bear in endgame pvp i mean

TANKKAAR
07-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Are the set bonuses really that big deal of deal?

Personally, I don't feel strongly about it either way. All I'm saying is, the only fair way resolve this issue is: either all cap vanities combine for a bonus, or none do. No matter what happens, some people are going to complain (it's inevitable), but at least there won't be any gray area on the matter, and none of this "these vanities do this, but these other vanities don't" bs. I love STS, but one thing they're not great at is drawing a line in the sand, so to speak.

Its not that the vanity bonus gives that big of an advantage in pvp or pve (to mages) I DO feel that its sorely needed by birds to have a somewhat level fight across classes, even then with these new sets they are out fighting stats NOT skill... BUT I paid good money and spent more then my fair share of time to ensure my bird, bear, and mage were all blessed with these "trophies". For the devs to take away the bonuses that these provide would be the biggest slap in the face to the players that have earned them. I dont know about you but i dont need or want another "GRATUITY (sorry but we changed our minds again) ITEM"

McBain
07-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Yeah, I don't know. When the cap vanity helm was first introduced, people clamored for it just to have an exclusive trophy item. It wasn't until later that vanity set bonuses were added. So if people did it before without caring about the item's stats, why would it matter now? The way I see, the item itself is the trophy. But again, I'm trying not to make an argument against the vanity items having stats (even though I think they shouldn't :)). I'm only saying STS make a decision one way or the other on the matter and apply it globally to all cap items, because even though it may be a little unfair to suddenly take away your vanity stats, I think it's more unfair the way it is currently with the new helm not combining with any of the previous vanities.

Sciazaratek
07-19-2012, 08:41 PM
Been speculating about a future Monarch set which replace COP.

TANKKAAR
07-19-2012, 08:49 PM
Yeah, I don't know. When the cap vanity helm was first introduced, people clamored for it just to have an exclusive trophy item. It wasn't until later that vanity set bonuses were added. So if people did it before without caring about the item's stats, why would it matter now? The way I see, the item itself is the trophy. But again, I'm trying not to make an argument against the vanity items having stats (even though I think they shouldn't :)). I'm only saying STS make a decision one way or the other on the matter and apply it globally to all cap items, because even though it may be a little unfair to suddenly take away your vanity stats, I think it's more unfair the way it is currently with the new helm not combining with any of the previous vanities.

Old vanities have benefits that new one doesnt have... Just like new vanity has benefits the old one doesnt have.... Seems fair to me ;)