PDA

View Full Version : Engineers: Do some pvp ing!

TheRajX
07-18-2012, 08:07 AM
Hey fellow engies,

Pve is fun and I know many of you guys use this class just for farming purposes. However in on comment Taipan wrote on my improvements to the engi class pvp topic, he said that it was still plausible for more engis to join and I agreed stating that it was just peer pressure holding people back.

Pve is fun but in all honesty the process of finding a build doing solo runs, being thanked when supplying revive is all really 30x less rewarding in discipline that in a pvp kill.

When you enter the pvp zone you are in a very new game already, and by the mastery of the most crippled class in pvp, you'll view all other aspects of the game as the simplest things ever. You might find yourself more watchful of your and other's hp in pve and might be more supportive of the engi class overall.

There are many bragging topics on farming with absolutely no deaths. Don't pvp if you don't want any deaths because most likely, unless you are one of those selective fighters that only fights a specific class with specfic gear, your kd will probably be in the .3-.7 range.

To restate, learn pvp and you'll see everything else in a new light. You'll keep your mana in check as every single point and stat is vital to winning in pvp.

Mitchturbo
07-18-2012, 10:06 AM
Amen. Whoop Whoop PvP rocks!

Zaonabiuibil
07-18-2012, 11:19 AM
I <3 PvP ENGINEERS WOO!

Flashgunner
07-18-2012, 11:40 AM
Engineers rock! Here's a spoiler of the awesome attributes of them
They can heal!
They have power gloves!
They can revive!
They can buff!
And, they look awesome!

PianoWizzy
07-18-2012, 12:25 PM
I simply don't PvP [at least not seriously with my kdr at about .12] because I find the field being taken too seriously and generally too expensive, takes too much effort [and too much change of skill set from PvE eng healing tanker, so too much plat].

I'll take pride in my kills tyvm XD

Have fun PvPing but I'm alright without XD

akfury
07-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Engineers rise! ... Hehe I retired again fear not -Terminator voice- ill be back

Mitchturbo
07-18-2012, 02:47 PM
Engineers rise! ... Hehe I retired again fear not -Terminator voice- ill be back

I still use your Nova Blaster with pride My Master *Bows*
I won't let you down ;-)

akfury
07-18-2012, 04:07 PM
I still use your Nova Blaster with pride My Master *Bows*
I won't let you down ;-)

I know you won't :) I forgot I gave yOu that lol

TheRajX
07-18-2012, 07:12 PM
I simply don't PvP
lol (don't try once and leave. persevere)

kdr at about .12
lol! (unless you've only fought 56 people 6/50, then hmm you need some tactical refining)

too expensive
lol? (you need 27 plat. 25 for gear and 2 for build)

too much change of skill set from PvE eng healing tanker
lol????? (what?? My build was designed for pvp and it works than 95% of pve builds i've come across. challenge me)

I'll take pride in my kills tyvm XD
lol....(facepalm)... just hide the stat lol

PianoWizzy
07-18-2012, 10:12 PM
lol (don't try once and leave. persevere)
I don't quit I just get bored. That's why my stats show about 1000 fights.

lol! (unless you've only fought 56 people 6/50, then hmm you need some tactical refining)
I PvP'd recklessly and tactlessly for a while as I did not [and still don't] care

lol? (you need 27 plat. 25 for gear and 2 for build)
I got the gear, I suppose as it is generally the best eng gear it was worth it, but that was still a LOT of plat as a FREE PLATINUM PLAYER. Also switching to a PvP build makes me pretty crap PvE as regards to oh say everything that matters about being a PvE eng in a world of cowardly commandos

lol????? (what?? My build was designed for pvp and it works than 95% of pve builds i've come across. challenge me)
...duh. That's why I don't PvP.

lol....(facepalm)... just hide the stat lol
I had them hidden for a while, I died too much PvE IMO [over 3k now] but I now use my stats more as a point of humor.

TheRajX
07-21-2012, 08:38 AM
I don't quit I just get bored. That's why my stats show about 1000 fights.

I PvP'd recklessly and tactlessly for a while as I did not [and still don't] care

I got the gear, I suppose as it is generally the best eng gear it was worth it, but that was still a LOT of plat as a FREE PLATINUM PLAYER. Also switching to a PvP build makes me pretty crap PvE as regards to oh say everything that matters about being a PvE eng in a world of cowardly commandos

...duh. That's why I don't PvP.

I had them hidden for a while, I died too much PvE IMO [over 3k now] but I now use my stats more as a point of humor.

wus!

Mitchturbo
07-21-2012, 09:18 AM
lol it ain't that, it was quite stressfull at times and we all make decisions on what suits us best. Piano is a born pve player, like Artstar and they both excel at what they do best and enjoy.

It's like asking a fireman to do a policemans job for the day or something lol. If piano doesn't wish to pvp anymore then its her decision at the end. Even though she was very good at PvP when she did it, we should respect her decisions.

There are plenty of other Engineers just jumping at the chance to PvP that arnt on the forums so lets focus on them, hey buddy ;-)

P.s I need to practice some PvP on you if thats ok ;-) lol *Salutes*

TheRajX
07-21-2012, 03:50 PM
Well please post here if you agree with me, not to start a chain of people who say.. nah its too hard. It is those stressful times which make you want to close the computer. Its those times where the whole game calles you a runner and messes you up. But thats the experience...

I feel like my rebuttal would cause a back and forth bridge to no where lol.
That being said I do respect your decisions even though it doesn't seem so and continue pve as you wish.

TheRajX
07-24-2012, 01:31 PM
Hey guys, try out the Phase Injectors of Dark Matter, they are insane.

For a couple of com fights, we can be temporarily saved from being called runners.
I say temporarily because soon most coms will be able to afford legendaries.

jackaboo
08-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah, I'd be able to deal with the stupidly widespread glove damage if the injector's leech effect wasn't minuscule. Safer to stick with a tempest coil in my opinion, even with the max skill damage increase. Losing the health and armor from having a shield is pretty problematic when you're depending on longevity through heals and kiting.

Having pvp'd as every class, I can honestly say I have to work 5 times as hard to stay alive as an Engi.

Itoopeo
08-22-2012, 06:13 PM
My pvp stats really suck but ctf is more fun playing with bloodraw and other guys. Pvp is not so fun than ctf, just try it and you see