PDA

View Full Version : Online Dating?

Worship
07-19-2012, 03:07 PM
So uhh, this here girl is trying to get me to date her. Uhh.. here are some pics:

13930 13931 13932

Read in this order:

Top right;
top left;
bottom

Ill explain:
So this girl explained to me that her and her online BF had some conflicts. They broke up, and now her and this other guy are "dating". She said she is only 11, I am 15, and she says that she would've asked me out if she was older. And we just 'met'.. Now I am highly against dating online over a game like this, and some of you know that. Bottom line is, online dating should be against the rules!

Ark
07-19-2012, 03:09 PM
& Online dating is fine.. It can't be a rule. It's pretty normal to do online dating now these days. I know a few people that date on SL and it's totally fine..

Aaroniero Arruruerie
07-19-2012, 03:10 PM
-_- at least she told you her age. Most aren't even honest enough to do that. haha

Worship
07-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Ok like eHarmony.com and those other websites are fine. But when you try looking for a bf/gf over a game.. thats different. To me, it seems like its ruining the game..

Zaltiar
07-19-2012, 03:14 PM
and again, on behalf of the community here on the sts forums, I humbly thank you for bringing out such an important issue out to the general public.
It was totally fine for you to tell us what that person he/or she whomever it may have been told you in private. If he/or she came on here and saw it, it would be totally cool with the said individual. totally cool. totally.

Slant
07-19-2012, 03:15 PM
dont think he is 11

Worship
07-19-2012, 03:17 PM
and again, on behalf of the community here on the sts forums, I humbly thank you for bringing out such an important issue out to the general public.
It was totally fine for you to tell us what that person he/or she whomever it may have been told you in private. If he/or she came on here and saw it, it would be totally cool with the said individual. totally cool. totally.

anytime ;) since it was pretty important to me

Worship
07-19-2012, 03:18 PM
dont think he is 11

you know that it is a girl.. im not gay

iAmPain
07-19-2012, 03:19 PM
its a social interactive mmo. anything can happen :stupid:

Ark
07-19-2012, 03:21 PM
anytime ;) since it was pretty important to me

The bigger issue is just the age, not the whole online dating.

Well there's nothing wrong being gay too btw :p & it's possible he made a typo or read your explanation wrong.

*Zero*
07-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Perfect for this thread
http://i49.tinypic.com/u3ng7.jpg

Zaltiar
07-19-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh no, I knew, I read the post.
The even bigger issue here is not just online "dating" (ooooohh~) or age, its called privacy and just being respectful of the other person.
Just imagine, if you sir had told me you had just done something really embarrassing -insert embarrassing event here- in a personal message to me.
and I hopped on by to the public forums and posted for everyone to see. You would be totally fine wouldnt you. totally fine.
That was what I was trying to get at in my initial post if you didnt hint on my sarcasm.
But yes, the age is also an issue, you nearly (yes I saw the name in your earlier post) cost someone their account, even though it was against the rules.
Just, try to be a little more respectful maybe

Ark
07-19-2012, 03:35 PM
The even bigger issue here is not just online "dating" (ooooohh~) or age, its called privacy and just being respectful of the other person.
Just imagine, if you sir had told me you had just done something really embarrassing -insert embarrassing event here- in a personal message to me.
and I hopped on by to the public forums and posted for everyone to see. You would be totally fine wouldnt you. totally fine.
That was what I was trying to get at in my initial post if you didnt hint on my sarcasm.
But yes, the age is also an issue, you nearly (yes I saw the name in your earlier post) cost someone their account, even though it was against the rules.

I did thought about the privacy when Worship posted the names, but he changed it so I kinda backed off on it. But that's why, privacy is an issue for some reasons.
I was mainly thinking about the age because what Zaltiar said, it'll cost someone their account. & it's against the rules because of the age.

XxReiReixX
07-19-2012, 03:39 PM

And this is why Zaltiar is the star gaurd and not us lolz..

Ark
07-19-2012, 03:41 PM
And this is why Zaltiar is the star gaurd and not us lolz..

So true.. So very true xD lolol

Worship
07-19-2012, 03:44 PM

Well im not trying to hurt this girls feelings or anything. She never reads the forums and her account name is crossed out.. (yes i forgot about it in the earlier thread but it is fixed)
and she said this less than a minute after meeting me. its common sense not to post people's private business here, because i dont see how that is private business.. If they were a friend of mine, i wouldnt embarrass them either. but i just wondered if online dating over sts games was ever an issue..

note that im just putting that as an example, not trying to use this directly towards someone

Ark
07-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Well im not trying to hurt this girls feelings or anything. She never reads the forums and her account name is crossed out.. (yes i forgot about it in the earlier thread but it is fixed)
and she said this less than a minute after meeting me. its common sense not to post people's private business here, because i dont see how that is private business.. If they were a friend of mine, i wouldnt embarrass them either. but i just wondered if online dating over sts games was ever an issue..

note that im just putting that as an example, not trying to use this directly towards someone

It can become an issue if that girl ever makes an account on STS forum. It's just those "What if" crap..
& to answer your curiosity, online dating over STS games was never an issue when I got into STS.

Ozuyucalebam
07-19-2012, 04:02 PM
Perfect for this thread
http://i49.tinypic.com/u3ng7.jpg

OMG!!! I LOL'D

thanks

Commanderkeen
07-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Online dating is fine with me just as long as they don't start to argue with each other in global chat.

Ark
07-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Online dating is fine with me just as long as they don't start to argue with each other in global chat.

I agree, I sometimes see arguments like that in SL, but I usually just go to a different Blackstar Base lol.

Deathpunch
07-19-2012, 05:01 PM

More like a g.i.r.l., amirite?!

Besides, this "girl" is in violation of the ToS. Not that it's enforced...

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Paar
07-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I'm looking for a 15-17 year old Super model. Has to be able to make cookies and play Call of Duty. Any takers? :P

Delphina
07-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Just as a reminder to everyone:

The Spacetime Applications are not directed or intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from individuals under 13 years of age. If you are under 13 years of age, you should not register or provide Personal Information on the Spacetime Applications. If we later obtain actual knowledge that a user is under 13 years of age, we will take steps to remove that user’s Personal Information from our systems.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/content.php?384-Spacetime-Studios-Privacy-Policy

Paar
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM
Delphina to the Rescue!

Cavoc
07-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I think the whole online dating on a game is extremely lame. I see people do it on pl all the time. I guess I just don't get it. They never see the person. There's a 75% chance it's a creeper guy or ugly Betty. Love at first quest? Quality pocket legends time together? What, did you take her to nuris circus and on a date to forest haven? But hey it's whatever they want.

StompArtist
07-19-2012, 07:16 PM
What's with the "love" threads lately? Kids finding it hard to establish real world relationships? Dr Phil would have a field day!

Deathpunch
07-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I think the whole online dating on a game is extremely lame. I see people do it on pl all the time. I guess I just don't get it. They never see the person. There's a 75% chance it's a creeper guy or ugly Betty. Love at first quest? Quality pocket legends time together? What, did you take her to nuris circus and on a date to forest haven? But hey it's whatever they want.

Bah, what's wrong with "ugly bettys"? Beauty is only a light switch away.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Phoenixking
07-19-2012, 08:55 PM
I think the whole online dating on a game is extremely lame. I see people do it on pl all the time. I guess I just don't get it. They never see the person. There's a 75% chance it's a creeper guy or ugly Betty. Love at first quest? Quality pocket legends time together? What, did you take her to nuris circus and on a date to forest haven? But hey it's whatever they want. before I usually did it for the break ups it's fun seeing their reaction and it's just lighthearted fun, I don't do it as much now

Swords
07-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Another on-going debate :/

Skeletonlord
07-20-2012, 10:55 AM
-_- at least she told you her age. Most aren't even honest enough to do that. haha

Them ages might not be true, she might be lying! They don't always tell the truth.

Worship
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
But when people lie about their age, its usually 14-18yo's.. you never see people lie about their age if they lie and say they're 11..

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 11:01 AM
But when people lie about their age, its usually 14-18yo's.. you never see people lie about their age if they lie and say they're 11..

People also lie about gender.

Worship
07-20-2012, 11:03 AM
People also lie about gender.

That is true. But if someone asked you what your age is, would you say: Yeah I am 11 years old.

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 11:04 AM
That is true. But if someone asked you what your age is, would you say: Yeah I am 11 years old.

Heck no! But I would not put it past some.

Worship
07-20-2012, 11:09 AM
Heck no! But I would not put it past some.

Exactly.. Delphina even said, this game is intended for 13+ and if they find out they are under 13, their personal information will be removed. But I think that is for application's only. If it was for the game too, man.. the game would be so much more easier without all the little kids crying about it. "dont use flamethrowers!"

Deathpunch
07-20-2012, 04:27 PM
Exactly.. Delphina even said, this game is intended for 13+ and if they find out they are under 13, their personal information will be removed. But I think that is for application's only. If it was for the game too, man.. the game would be so much more easier without all the little kids crying about it. "dont use flamethrowers!"

No, their account is banned until they turn 13. Actually seen it happen a few times. They are required by US federal law to require 13+ for the games and the forums.

EDIT: http://www.coppa.org

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Cruis
07-20-2012, 06:46 PM
I hang in forest haven a lot, chatting with randoms. Every once in a while, I'll see "any girls?" or "I'm open anyone wanna date on this game?". Mostly newer players, it seems, who don't really give a care about the game. I've pointed out to several that this isn't a dating site... I've gotten cussed out a few times....

Phoenixking
07-20-2012, 08:02 PM
I hang in forest haven a lot, chatting with randoms. Every once in a while, I'll see "any girls?" or "I'm open anyone wanna date on this game?". Mostly newer players, it seems, who don't really give a care about the game. I've pointed out to several that this isn't a dating site... I've gotten cussed out a few times....
That's the lame people that just usually spam <333333 at each other or say things like, "if I were with you right now I would hug you" or something, sometimes it gets 18+ o_o

Livemau
07-20-2012, 08:46 PM
i did this once to a guy as a joke and when he found out he was so upset
i came back with the alternative that I was half man half woman and he was once again ok with online dating

Deathpunch
07-20-2012, 09:27 PM
That's the lame people that just usually spam <333333 at each other or say things like, "if I were with you right now I would hug you" or something, sometimes it gets 18+ o_o

I can haz hugz?

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Cruis
07-20-2012, 09:47 PM
I can haz hugz?

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

I can give u hugz! :banana:

Buster
07-20-2012, 10:04 PM
I call it slharmony good name eh? Eh?

Phoenixking
07-20-2012, 10:58 PM
I call it slharmony good name eh? Eh?
In Pocket Legends it's fharmony the f is for forest

Artemis
07-21-2012, 05:53 PM
So uhh, this here girl is trying to get me to date her. Uhh.. here are some pics:

13930 13931 13932

Read in this order:

Top right;
top left;
bottom

Ill explain:
So this girl explained to me that her and her online BF had some conflicts. They broke up, and now her and this other guy are "dating". She said she is only 11, I am 15, and she says that she would've asked me out if she was older. And we just 'met'.. Now I am highly against dating online over a game like this, and some of you know that. Bottom line is, online dating should be against the rules!

Im going to go with you were in forest haven or balefort

LADYHADASSA
07-23-2012, 07:39 AM
You are right on line dating can be very dangerous at any age, if it goes beyond the game itself. There are however many players in pl that are couples in RL. I am one of those who has a rl partner who is also my game partner.

I would and do caution players not as much in games but in forum settings such as palringo, the reason I warn people is that even the smallest bit of personal information in these settings can lead to danger. I have been in games now for years, at one point i remeber telling people my job title, another time somone asked where do you live and we spoke about our neighborhoods, well in this time i had somone who was following my convos in palringo, the result was a player found me at my job, as my job was public and i was a power member at that job he connected the dots. The result turned out to be a stalker, who was arrrested in rl.

Another example i knew a man again in palringo who felt bad for this "13 yr old" she was speaking as if she where suicidal, he gave her his phone number so he could guide this young girl to a choice of life as he had a 13 year old his goal was to reach out and try to gain parental information, the result was this girl sending rated x pictures to his phone, and trying to destroy his marrige, again police where contacted due to this "girls harassment" later it was found this was a 25 year old female who suffered with some mental illness.

Online dating can not be stopped but for those of concern, speaking to the younger ones about not sharing personal information is important, speaking about the dangers that can be lurking if they give personal information explain the dangers no matter the age.

StompArtist
07-23-2012, 07:42 AM
^ And that is why Stomp shall forever be a Squirrel in a tree. :P

Worship
07-23-2012, 11:54 AM
You are right on line dating can be very dangerous at any age, if it goes beyond the game itself. There are however many players in pl that are couples in RL. I am one of those who has a rl partner who is also my game partner.

I would and do caution players not as much in games but in forum settings such as palringo, the reason I warn people is that even the smallest bit of personal information in these settings can lead to danger. I have been in games now for years, at one point i remeber telling people my job title, another time somone asked where do you live and we spoke about our neighborhoods, well in this time i had somone who was following my convos in palringo, the result was a player found me at my job, as my job was public and i was a power member at that job he connected the dots. The result turned out to be a stalker, who was arrrested in rl.

Another example i knew a man again in palringo who felt bad for this "13 yr old" she was speaking as if she where suicidal, he gave her his phone number so he could guide this young girl to a choice of life as he had a 13 year old his goal was to reach out and try to gain parental information, the result was this girl sending rated x pictures to his phone, and trying to destroy his marrige, again police where contacted due to this "girls harassment" later it was found this was a 25 year old female who suffered with some mental illness.

Online dating can not be stopped but for those of concern, speaking to the younger ones about not sharing personal information is important, speaking about the dangers that can be lurking if they give personal information explain the dangers no matter the age.

I see what you are saying. These RL couples who play together just don't need the world to know that they are a couple. It bugs me, and ruins the game.
I don't let my girlfriend know I play these games because I don't want to risk anything, and I have seen 'couples' break up over this game. It really is pathetic..

LADYHADASSA
07-25-2012, 08:28 AM
"see what you are saying. These RL couples who play together just don't need the world to know that they are a couple. It bugs me, and ruins the game.
I don't let my girlfriend know I play these games because I don't want to risk anything, and I have seen 'couples' break up over this game. It really is pathetic.." quote from worship"

I do not agree about RL couples who do not say anything, in all honesty if games are going to be played together i have no shame in my game to tell you that onemanwarcrew is my rl partner, how does tha ruin the game? If it takes somone off the endless flirt cycle of the game, honestley people in rl that fight and break up over a game have rl issues of their own in the jealous dept. this happens outside of games not just in them. In my view if somone is that afraid to play a game with their rl partner, i would have to say again jealousy must be in issue in their daily lives.

What i was saying was for the youth of pl to be carful abie by pl rules do NOT give your PERSONAL info to ANYONE not just in game but in other settings because there are some serious issues that can cause rl issues. For those of us who are in game and are couples, watch over the younger ones, pm people who are saying " im looking for a boyfriend or girlfriend" let them know the dangers, education is half the battle.

On a rl note, keeping secrets is much mote harmful than sitting in the same room with a partner playing a game, sharing some down time together. In the PVp arena mr and I are dubbed " mom and dad" by a few players, we also have the respect of some of the younger players, there are times they are stuck in a rl issue we talk with them, why because everyone needs an ear at some point in time. Somtimes players just neeed help with the game, other times they can not understand a parental point of view, other times encouraging somone to do their school work etc. all this is done threw a cute lil charecter with a fictional name, blessing others does not just come with giving of items, pots and gold it comes from listening. I have gammer friends acrosss the globe that are from various diffrent games over the past 5 years, sharing many laughs and battles with foes, 97 percent of these players are couples.

Those that can not handle couples i would say would be much happier playing a non interactive game, halo, wow, and other games all have interpersonal relationships and in game dating, the diffrence in pl, there is much less profanity, a system that allows devs to follow up on giving of personal information, a non tolerant attitude with explicit language a report system for names that are not approp.

Lady hadassa aka Mrsxsmith
And
Justbrutal aka onemanwarcrew and MrxSmith

LADYHADASSA
07-25-2012, 08:30 AM
^ And that is why Stomp shall forever be a Squirrel in a tree. :P

Lol stomp :) pm me, and remind me to send you a photo of my baby! My 1 year old squirrel :)

Worship
07-25-2012, 11:46 AM
No that does not ruin the game. It ruins the game if they have to show their affection OVER a game..