PDA

View Full Version : Pocket Legends 2.0.0 Update (94923) Elite Boss, Elite Items, New Elixir & More!

Samhayne
07-19-2012, 05:42 PM

New Mystery Mash elite level 71 boss fight dungeon
• Unearth new game mechanics in a special version of the final Humania bossfight, made for groups of level 71 players
• This exclusive dungeon is only available to players who have worn the “Monarch Helm of Humania”
• Fun group mechanics – you must play as a group to pwn the elite Humania boss!
• Elite boss has a chance to drop rare loot, plus "Elite" items
• NEW dark pink, “Elite” item class, and three new “Elite” weapons that only drop from the elite Humania boss
• Awesome new faces with stat's, only available for sale in elite boss dungeon

Elite Wave Twister Staff - Unique Proc that drops a Healing Totem!

Elite Sea Blaster - this thing fires CANNONBALLS!

Elite Marlin Sword - Unique Shark Proc!

New Dungeon The Lost Villas
• New daily and 3 day quests to acquire crafting components
• Rare boss spawns with rare loot

New elixir
• Shamrock Thrasher Punch – Just like the Thrasher Pwnage Punch, but with 60 minutes of 100% luck instead of 30% luck
• Available in the store, or in guild house for a discount

Arcane Legends Name Reservations
• Arcane Legends Name Reservations are now available in your Avatar Screen. Reserve your character’s name for Arcane Legends today!
• Arcane Legends Shield is now available in the store! Show everyone you intend to be one of the first Adventurers of the Arcane!

Roc
07-19-2012, 05:43 PM
:OOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooO

Worship
07-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Awesome! thanks

Fao
07-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Woah! Sam quick question, will this 'elite' dungeon be available after the next cap comes? Or will it be taken away?

razerfingers
07-19-2012, 05:50 PM
Those are cool, too bad im still lvl 68 lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

Jugernugetx
07-19-2012, 05:51 PM
:( i am 70..

TANKKAAR
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Racing to 71 tonight.... With boss kills... Potted group only whos with me!

ImHawk
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Racing to 71 tonight.... With boss kills... Potted group only whos with me!
Me!
Add me in game...
Hawk

mrnofunz
07-19-2012, 06:03 PM
Good way to force me to cap :D. Now I actually want to! Nice move sts!!!

Battlegrinder
07-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Wait, there's a sword that summons a SHARK! AWESOME! Can't wait to get my hands on one of those.

Whirlzap
07-19-2012, 06:43 PM
Yeeahhh loves thissss yeeeee

Techno Email
07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
I am SO excited about these weapons!!!!!!!!! See all those exclamation points????!!!! You have to use them to understand, but you guys are in for a treat.

Fair warning: This boss fight is NOT EASY and REQUIRES group tactics, and co-operative play. This is a really good time to share class role tactics with each other and learn your group skill combos. You will probably need to share boss fight tactics too, but maybe not. For all I know you may have already beat it. I'll know when I start seeing some of those new faces in town... See you soon!!

Techno Email
07-19-2012, 06:58 PM
They are tradeable and stashable.

wvhills
07-19-2012, 07:03 PM
Everything looks cool but it just sits wrong with me how it's for level 71 only. Seems like a blatant move just tell sell more plat elixirs. After seeing the reused textures and items in Humana I thought you guys had ran out of cool new ideas. It looks like I was wrong, u just have to be a big plat buyer to access it. :(

Buddyf97
07-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Are the drop rates enhanced on this super hard boss?

Whirlzap
07-19-2012, 07:07 PM
I would hope the Elite items' rates are freaking low.

Ha would make it the new Shadow Caves.

I would laugh if they had the Elite weapons drop really high for the first week and then only say on forums that they would nerf the rates to super low the following week.
Remember that Shadow Caves incident?

Rawrimafish
07-19-2012, 07:11 PM
cool!

Techno Email
07-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Woah! Sam quick question, will this 'elite' dungeon be available after the next cap comes? Or will it be taken away?

I would like to keep the dungeon around, rather than take it away. However, I'd like to reserve these exclusive, and extremely rare, weapon drops to this level cap. You can farm them and get them now, but I will treat them like a collectors item. You might see a cheap plastic replica someday, but it isn't going to proc. a personal tank buff totem, a shark attack, or a cannonball grenade at your enemies feet...

Did you hear that?! I still can't believe this. It's a freaking cannonball grenade proc... Seriously, I LOVE IT!!! :banana:

WOO HOO!! :topsy_turvy: Okay - now go play, and tell us when you beat the boss!! He is SO mean!! I can't wait to hear how you guys beat him... :worked_till_5am::worked_till_5am::worked_till_5am ::worked_till_5am::worked_till_5am:

saool
07-19-2012, 07:17 PM
I am SO excited about these weapons!!!!!!!!! See all those exclamation points????!!!! You have to use them to understand, but you guys are in for a treat.

Fair warning: This boss fight is NOT EASY and REQUIRES group tactics, and co-operative play. This is a really good time to share class role tactics with each other and learn your group skill combos. You will probably need to share boss fight tactics too, but maybe not. For all I know you may have already beat it. I'll know when I start seeing some of those new faces in town... See you soon!!

Thank you for the awesome work. The face for mages looks, well funny lol. And my team and I only managed to kill the elite boss once... And what about the Fur Gee he is as rare a spawn as diamonds were with drops lol

But yes thank you guys for the daily thing :D

Hardcoure
07-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Love the look of these new elite items and elite boss :chuncky:

Techno Email
07-19-2012, 07:27 PM
Everything looks cool but it just sits wrong with me how it's for level 71 only. Seems like a blatant move just tell sell more plat elixirs. After seeing the reused textures and items in Humana I thought you guys had ran out of cool new ideas. It looks like I was wrong, u just have to be a big plat buyer to access it. :(

There is another new dungeon with repeatable quests that reward rare crafting components. Anyone who is playing Humania can access it. And how do you get there? On a boat. Did you ever think you'd be on a boat? ;P

I made this repeatable content specifically for folks who have exhausted their pocket books but love Pocket Legends and love playing with their friends. All of you guys are a really important part of the awesome PL community. This is not a turnstile, just plain old free content for the lay lover of Pocket Legends. You don't have to give us your rent money to play PL. Chin-up friends! Pocket Legends is indeed a free-to-play MMO on your phone, tablet and browser that you can play anywhere, with anyone.

Techno Email
07-19-2012, 07:29 PM
The super hard boss drops all the same items as the other bosses at the same rates, but he also drops another tier of elite gear that is VERY rare.

NECROREAPER
07-19-2012, 07:30 PM
I designed a marlin sword.

No recognition?

Techno Email
07-19-2012, 07:32 PM
Thank you for the awesome work. The face for mages looks, well funny lol. And my team and I only managed to kill the elite boss once... And what about the Fur Gee he is as rare a spawn as diamonds were with drops lol

I would highly recommend playing the Lost Villas as a group if yo're looking for Fur Gee. :) She is rare. Nice job killing the elite boss!! How did you take him down?

Trivia: Can you guys figure out what the Elite bosses name signifies?

(Maybe it's obvious, but I thought it was fun anyhoo. :D)

imaddictedtoPL
07-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Fur gee = fergie :]

JaytB
07-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Very nice and kind of a surprise update. Good job STS!!!

Dynastu
07-19-2012, 07:40 PM
What are the stats like on the new faces?

Roc
07-19-2012, 07:46 PM
I designed a marlin sword.

No recognition?

I thought I remembered someone who had designed one! D:

Whirlzap
07-19-2012, 07:49 PM
Lol Subs just showed me the bird's new face and I gotta say, it looks like it has no eyes when you wear the COP over it.

If that dungeon is this cap only, I'm going to have to collect all three elite weapons.

TIME TO GET 71 AND MAKE A PRO FARMING PARTY =D

saool
07-19-2012, 08:01 PM

I would highly recommend playing the Lost Villas as a group if yo're looking for Fur Gee. :) She is rare. Nice job killing the elite boss!! How did you take him down?

Trivia: Can you guys figure out what the Elite bosses name signifies?

(Maybe it's obvious, but I thought it was fun anyhoo. :D)

haha honestly...all we did was stay in a corner without moving, while every class (we had 1 bear 2 birds 2 mages) did exactly what was needed. Like mages (yay me) healed buffed, birds kept rooting breaking armor, and bear kept the boss angry at him lol

Only thing is I tried this with another team and he kept resetting. I'll figure out exactly what it is that keeps him there lol

But yay! You guys did great with this update (and I honestly love the Humania map), but this elite dungeon is great! And again
tanks a lot for the daily diamonds :D

Edit: Guru H2O? lol

Swimmingstar
07-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Does the lost villa drop any new items?

The only problem I have with the 71 dungeon is you either spend 50+ hours of your life grinding from 70-71. Or 14+ hours and 300+ plat or 700+ plat and 7+ hours....

Also the 71 elite vanity does not create a bonus with the 66 vanity + I only have about 140 plat right now, so I don't think I'll be getting to 71 yet, but I might.

And what level are the new items?

Edit: When the Infested Deck Event is over in Star Legends I'm going to head back to PL and do some grinding and maybe some crafting.

Dynastu
07-19-2012, 08:35 PM
I'd just like to say that you guys did a good job on the update. It seems like everyone was expecting all of the huge and epic stuff to come immediately with the Humania release. But, things were tweaked, added, fixed, etc... And the game truly is improving.

Skeletonlord
07-19-2012, 08:58 PM
The update was working fine when I went into the game for the first time, then when I hosted the new map "The Lost Villa", I tapped the keyboard, typed in "hi" and the keyboard got stuck. I got out to log out.

Dark Avenger
07-19-2012, 08:58 PM
dang. logged in and saw update and was hoping for something for the new batman movie coming out like you did with the avengers movie. this is good surprise too. cant wait to get to cap now. good looking helm and special levels is definitively driving me to finally cap at least one of my characters. but id still like the batman stuff anyways :P

WoundedEagle
07-19-2012, 09:08 PM
The update was working fine when I went into the game for the first time, then when I hosted the new map "The Lost Villa", I tapped the keyboard, typed in "hi" and the keyboard got stuck. I got out to log out.

Remove picture quick! It shows your email :(

Phoenixking
07-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Remove picture quick! It shows your email :(
I'm guessing that's his first and last name as well >.>

Hardcoure
07-20-2012, 12:08 AM

Hey, I had this same problem a while back and posted a thread about it in bugs. I assume you're on an iOS device? If so, just close your app and restart it. Worked like a charm for me.

Conradin
07-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Hot Damn!

Seiyen
07-20-2012, 12:19 AM
I wish there was a dev like techno for sl :rolleyes:

Cruis
07-20-2012, 02:16 AM
Ooh, boy! Can't wait to get home to better wifi!

Cruis
07-20-2012, 02:20 AM
(I have cruddy wifi out in the middle of NOWHERE!)

HunterSLAYER
07-20-2012, 02:23 AM
I wish there was a dev like techno for sl :rolleyes:

Gibber got abducted by the vulars.
They are now holding him hostage in a secret inaccessible part of the infested deck.

Sent from the UCS Blackstar Infested deck!

McBain
07-20-2012, 03:36 AM
Does the bird weapon have a cool proc like the mage and bear ones?

Subscriber
07-20-2012, 03:40 AM
Haha Whirlz! :)
Good Job guys!

Riccits
07-20-2012, 03:51 AM
i think those new items will be worth more than a gold cap of 9.9m.
wondering how we can buy/sell without being scammed...

Back
07-20-2012, 08:18 AM
I'm gonna hit 71 very late and won't have much time to farm "elite" items, but gratz to those who are farming for it now and have fun farming deaths :P

CrimsonTider
07-20-2012, 09:05 AM
I foresee the pvp community complaining if these weapons are indeed more powerful than the crafted weapons. personally, I am hapy to have extra maps to run. Starting to see the additional STS staff in motion as each game is beginning to pump ckntent and bug fixes out at a much more frequent rate.

JaytB
07-20-2012, 09:25 AM
I foresee the pvp community complaining if these weapons are indeed more powerful than the crafted weapons. personally, I am hapy to have extra maps to run. Starting to see the additional STS staff in motion as each game is beginning to pump ckntent and bug fixes out at a much more frequent rate.

Aren't they always complaining? :p

Xcrucherx
07-20-2012, 09:51 AM
All this stuff is very nice. Indeed but in lost villas it is almost impossible to find the boss, and the quest to kill it 50 times...

Edwin Sim
07-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Same here!!!! Is so awesome it have sharks attacking for you

Techno Email
07-20-2012, 10:26 AM
Techno does elite boss drop Humania stuff & new elite items? Or just elite items?
If it's only elite items there's gonna be some price raises D:

The boss drops all the same things as the Tiki God boss, plus elite items. :)

Techno Email
07-20-2012, 10:29 AM
Does the bird weapon have a cool proc like the mage and bear ones?

Yes! It has a cannonball grenade proc. :highly_amused:

McBain
07-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Oooooooh, okay. Sweet!

Chopper
07-20-2012, 01:30 PM
Same here!!!! Is so awesome it have sharks attacking for you

gonna look weird when you use the Shark Attack in Mt. Fang dungeons or Nuris, etc. ha ha

WoundedEagle
07-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Techno, the cap on gold (9,999,999) needs to be demolished. There should be no cap for gold; there never should have been. I understand things will "over-inflate" if the gold cap is taken away or raised, but "over-inflation is just a term based on how much money we can hold at a time. 31337 items are worth way more than 9,999,999 if they are seemingly dropping at half the rate of Dragon Mystery vanities.

Xettacross
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I love the new lost villa map. Kinda reminds me of the ctk shadows xp exploit if any of you remember that XD one issue I have with the update though is that my elixers are going away way before they're supposed to. Me and my friend pinkdawn were doing some xp grinds with some friends and noticed this. Our elixers go away. It doesn't even say "your elixer has expired" (or whatever it says when they go away) has this been happening to anyone else? And if so how soon can we get this fixed?

Techno Email
07-20-2012, 07:24 PM
Techno, the cap on gold (9,999,999) needs to be demolished. There should be no cap for gold; there never should have been. I understand things will "over-inflate" if the gold cap is taken away or raised, but "over-inflation is just a term based on how much money we can hold at a time. 31337 items are worth way more than 9,999,999 if they are seemingly dropping at half the rate of Dragon Mystery vanities.

I'm not sure if this is technically possible, but I'll look into it on Monday. Thanks for the feedback!

Techno Email
07-20-2012, 07:30 PM
I love the new lost villa map. Kinda reminds me of the ctk shadows xp exploit if any of you remember that XD one issue I have with the update though is that my elixers are going away way before they're supposed to. Me and my friend pinkdawn were doing some xp grinds with some friends and noticed this. Our elixers go away. It doesn't even say "your elixer has expired" (or whatever it says when they go away) has this been happening to anyone else? And if so how soon can we get this fixed?

Which elixir do you think is disappearing? If you're not sure, you can go to your avatar screen and click on elixir buffs.

By the way, clicking the 'X' on the top right corner of a buff will manually remove it. Typically, you only want to remove an active elixir buff so you can purchase a better elixir of a similar type.

Xettacross
07-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Which elixir do you think is disappearing? If you're not sure, you can go to your avatar scireen and click on elixir buffs.

By the way, clicking the 'X' on the top right corner of a buff will manually remove it. Typically, you only want to remove an active elixir buff so you can purchase a better elixir of a similar type.
Sorry lol It's the thrasher pwnage punch elixer. Idk if its happening with any other elixers yet.

Xettacross
07-20-2012, 07:52 PM
Also want to add that it disappeared during my xp runs. I didn't remove them manually from my avatar screen.

saool
07-20-2012, 07:59 PM
Also want to add that it disappeared during my xp runs. I didn't remove them manually from my avatar screen.

My 2x platinum elixir disappeared after I logged off and came back in. Idk if it was that one for you.

Xettacross
07-20-2012, 08:01 PM
My 2x platinum elixir disappeared after I logged off and came back in. Idk if it was that one for you.
It was the thrasher pwnage punch for me but thank you for posting your find. I'm trying to find out if its all the elixers or certain ones.

WoundedEagle
07-20-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is technically possible, but I'll look into it on Monday. Thanks for the feedback!

Thank you very much! :)

Jcyee
07-20-2012, 11:04 PM
Cooooool

Whirlzap
07-21-2012, 02:17 PM

And add Bajillionaire title please.

And I heard there was a binary system limit with some games where the gold cannot be exceeded and there isn't anything possible to do about it.
For one game, I believe gold capped at 2.137 billion, which is a limit for some sort of Computer Coding system...forgot which one @.@

Cruis
07-22-2012, 05:04 PM
Without thrasher... He's impossible. You walk in, he pops out of his tiki statue, then he does some magic trick and you die. Instantly. I died 12-15 times, along with my group. We finally quit.
The next day, just to try the boss with a thrasher group out, I bought thirty platinum (Thrasher was DOTD) to get thrasher.
The group beat him in 20 seconds. Uh, for the players who don't have platinum 100% of the time, could you ease up on us?

FluffNStuff
07-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Without thrasher... He's impossible. You walk in, he pops out of his tiki statue, then he does some magic trick and you die. Instantly. I died 12-15 times, along with my group. We finally quit.
The next day, just to try the boss with a thrasher group out, I bought thirty platinum (Thrasher was DOTD) to get thrasher.
The group beat him in 20 seconds. Uh, for the players who don't have platinum 100% of the time, could you ease up on us?

How did you get to 71 without thrashers?

NotYoCookiez
07-22-2012, 10:31 PM
How did you get to 71 without thrashers?

I did. It takes time And a lot of farming!

FluffNStuff
07-22-2012, 10:50 PM
I did. It takes time And a lot of farming!

Mad grats!

Riccits
07-23-2012, 01:31 AM

since gold in game is rising very fast it is just a matter of a few new level caps that items in the first week(s) will be worth more than 9.9mil.
we need a solution for that, ty

Dark Avenger
07-23-2012, 09:50 PM
Wow i hope they cant raise the money cap. For those of you who are capped then good.on you. But give us who cant get even 1 mil a break. Its hard to even come close to earning enough for a complete set. For us weekend warriora on the game or people that have alot.of character we stand no chance if the gold cap.raises....just saying sorry if that makes some.of you.mad

Energizeric
07-24-2012, 11:38 AM
Wow i hope they cant raise the money cap. For those of you who are capped then good.on you. But give us who cant get even 1 mil a break. Its hard to even come close to earning enough for a complete set. For us weekend warriora on the game or people that have alot.of character we stand no chance if the gold cap.raises....just saying sorry if that makes some.of you.mad

A rise in gold cap limit will not have any affect on prices of items. For example, some of the dragon sets and lvl56 glyph items are going for more than gold cap. Because of the gold cap, it becomes a problem to sell these items since the buyer cannot add more than 10m to a trade. So the result has been that people who have these items just hoard them. If you look in the CS at the moment, you will find not a single dragon armor or helm for sale. I would imagine the same is going to be the case for the lvl71 elite weapons. This is because not many people are willing to part with theirs for only 10m and that is the max you can sell an item for. If the gold cap limit was raised, more of these items would be put up for sale.

Back
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM

I don't get it. How is that gonna affect you? It makes no sense.. Lol!

P.S. Although 9.9m is gold cap, you can store another 9.9 in stash and in other toons.. If you have 10 toons you can carry

10x 9.9m + 9.9m (stash) =108.9m gold ;)

and many users carry more than that ;)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using Tapatalk 2

ThePvpTwink
07-27-2012, 06:38 PM
Nice update.

Dark Avenger
07-28-2012, 11:14 PM
A rise in gold cap limit will not have any affect on prices of items. For example, some of the dragon sets and lvl56 glyph items are going for more than gold cap. Because of the gold cap, it becomes a problem to sell these items since the buyer cannot add more than 10m to a trade. So the result has been that people who have these items just hoard them. If you look in he CS at the moment, you will find not a single dragon armor or helm for sale. I would imagine the same is going to be the case for the lvl71 elite weapons. This is because not many people ae willing to part with theirs for only 10m and that is the max you can sell an item for. If the gold cap limit was raised, more of these items would be put up for sale.

Honestly i dont see how any item should be worth anywhere near the gold cap. For those items "worth more" then the gold.cal is just redicolous and should never have happened....i understand rare items worth more. But when did more than the gold cap even become feasible?

adis
07-29-2012, 02:26 PM
I like the idea of having no cap though

carnotops
07-29-2012, 08:00 PM
Idk why i am banned please give me a valid reason.. Whatever crime i commited im realy sorry and it will never happen again!! im sure there is a mistake or somthing!! Thank you...
Carnotops

Jugernugetx
07-29-2012, 08:11 PM
Idk why i am banned please give me a valid reason.. Whatever crime i commited im realy sorry and it will never happen again!! im sure there is a mistake or somthing!! Thank you...
Carnotops
I.....

Send an email to: support.spacetimestudios.com

Good day :/
~Jugernuget