PDA

View Full Version : How we beat Guru Aych'tu'oh, Elite Dungeon Boss :P

vampinoy
07-19-2012, 08:28 PM

So after many deaths, we finally figured out how to beat the invincible Guru Aych'tu'oh. It sounds simple but hard to pull off when everything is in chaos. It requires teamwork and a stroke of luck.

General Roles
1 Bear: Gets and maintains Aggro (dies a lot lol! I'm sorry)
2 Mage (wand/bracer): "timed" heals in between damages, 1 mage cannot catch up, you need 2 healers. Dispose mob quick, get aggro of mob while on shield. Potion is disabled in this dungeon, so the party will rely on mage's ability to heal properly (i.e. don't heal when everyone's full)
2 Birds: damage dealers focus on boss, don't try to get aggro of mob, you'll die instantly. Avoid casting aoe spells so you don't get mob attention, just single enemy dmg skills on boss.

The Gameplan
1. Bear comes in first, gets boss' aggro, and leads him to one of the corner pockets
2. The bear's job is to make sure his aggro stays with him
3. Mage, time your heals, specifically looking at the Bear's HP, don't let your bear die.
4. Death of the bear situation: If the bear dies, birds should instantly stop attacking and mage should revive quickly and puts on mana shield. If birds were quick enough to retreat, the boss will shift aggro to a "shielded mage", both mages can then heal each other while waiting for the bear to resurrect. Once the bear is back in action, let him take back aggro by still "not attacking". Bear should be quick on his fingers and cast taunt right away once revived and just spam everything else. Once bear gets back aggro, it's back in business. Don't panic and don't run away.
5. Back on track, birds just putting all the hurting unless there's a bear death situation
6. Mage focus on reviving the bear (the bear will die a lot, refer to bear death situation)
7. If you do this successfully, nobody in the team will die except the bear (LOL!)
8. Unintentional Stealing of Aggro Situation: If at any point a mage/birds steals aggro from the bear even if the bear is not dead, chances are that mage/bird will die because things will happen too fast and he will not know he took aggro before it's too late, don't fret though, as long as you have one mage standing, you will get rev'd, so don't be afraid to die. Bear should try to regain aggro as quickly as possible to stabilize the group. Don't run away. Keep the boss in the pocket corner.
9. This is where it gets tricky, when the boss screams, he will then go for a random tower (I'm not sure if it's random)
10. He will get his health healed 100% (even if you managed to bring down his health significantly) if he gets near the tower and be invulnerable for a short period, he will also emit an AOE attack like Aunt Emma that hurts a lot if you're anywhere near him and will push you back, this will cause you to be out of range to heal or be healed...in short, don't go after him when he's already near the tower.
11. Now, when he screams, TRY TO GET IN A MEGA COMBO AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE!!! There are three kinds of mega combos, any of those should work. This is the primary reason why you need him in a pocket corner, because if you're in a pocket corner, the distance between him and the next tower will be greater giving you more chances to get in that mega combo. The second reason for that pocket cornering is that it will allow the team to dispose the mobs quicker because it's in a small enclosed area. You need to dispose all mobs before the boss screams otherwise, they will disrupt the harmony of your team (mobs can stop you from your tracks when they hit you, they can also push you across the map, like a slingshot beckon) during the process of chasing the boss and chances of making a mega combo goes down.
12. If you successfully hit the boss with a mega combo when he's on his way to a tower, he will stop running and sort of become stunned...
13. You can all now put the beating on him...
14. If you have at least 3 people in thrasher in your party, he should die before he can scream again, if not....
15. Go back to step 1 :P

PS and probably the most important tip: For Mage your crucial skills to create a mega combo is "ice", "lightning", and "drain". For birds, "root" and "break armor". Bears, "Hell Scream" ,"Stomp", and "Crushing Blow". Cast in that order, you should get one mega combo in. Don't overthink the order, you will end up panicking, and end up forgetting about the entire gameplan. Just cast those skills "IN ORDER" repeatedly and hope for the best (this is where the luck comes in) :P Also, the reason I say "don't run away" is because the team should be within range when the scream occurs so you can all contribute in the execution of the mega combo. If one is out of range...the chances of getting a mega combo goes down (the boss walks fast when he's going for the tower, around as fast as someone with thrasher).

PSS: Without the right strategy, even if everyone is in thrasher elixir, your team can fight this boss forever and not beat him :P So, the battle could end in less than a minute, a couple of minutes, or drag on for an hour until you give up, depends on how your team executes the gameplan and how many of you are in elixir (thrasher or the other variants).

Note: The boss is not impossible to beat without using platinum elixirs only gold purchased elixirs. I was in a team where only one was in thrasher elixir (a dex bird), the rest, using gold purchased elixir (melee and armor), and we managed to beat it using this strategy. The battle was a lot longer, more deaths, and it required repetitive and consistent execution of the mega combo (one mistake means back to full health boss O.O). Let's see if I can find a team that can beat it with no platinum elixir at all. (when I get home from work, 'till then :P)

Good luck! :P

Chopper
07-19-2012, 08:30 PM
So you started a thread without explaining the process? Nice.

Dynastu
07-19-2012, 08:30 PM
So, how exactly do you beat it? :vlol:

Elyseon
07-19-2012, 08:31 PM
good explanation

kiitz
Thanks for sharing!

Swimmingstar

So after many deaths, we finally figured out how to beat the invincible Guru Aych'tu'oh. It sounds simple but hard to pull off when everything is in chaos. It requires teamwork and a stroke of luck.

1 Bear, 2 Mage, 2 Birds

If the boss is invincible how did you defeat it?

Oh and can you go further into detail?

Chopper
07-19-2012, 08:32 PM
I think he wants themasses to beg him for the inormation

Brag thread

Sciazaratek
07-19-2012, 08:35 PM
Just laughed when i read the comments. LOL!

vampinoy
07-19-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the harsh comments LOL, I love you haters, come here, I'll give you a hug :P Just updated my post :P Good luck!!!

Swimmingstar
07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
Try to post the whole thing next time. :p

Elyseon
07-19-2012, 08:48 PM
good explanation
^same

Sciazaratek
07-19-2012, 08:53 PM
6. Mage focus on reviving the bear (the bear will die a lot)

I see some deaths in future ...

Dynastu
07-19-2012, 08:59 PM
Thanks for the harsh comments LOL, I love you haters, come here, I'll give you a hug :P Just updated my post :P Good luck!!!

Lol Ty

Phoenixking
07-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Only the bear will die. . . Bears will become extinct .-.

xcainnblecterx
07-19-2012, 09:23 PM
Idk y ppl callin this a brag thread. Vamp should be thanked for making a guide on beating a new strategic boss for those that dont know so thank you now to get my sacrificial bear to 71 lol

Subscriber
07-19-2012, 09:25 PM
Can be killed in 45 seconds..

Swampy
07-19-2012, 09:26 PM
Beating bosses: spam skills.

The end, happy farming. :D :D :D

vampinoy
07-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Dont forget to add "at least 3 people with thrashers":rolleyes:

The main role of the thrasher was the x3 armor, it allowed me to survive one blow from the boss (I'm a mage)...if you can do this strategy properly...you don't need damage buff and walk speed buff...:P The 2k pot armor will be enough to allow you to survive one solid blow from the boss which should allow two mages heal spam to catch up (but not all the time, that's why rev is a friend). The DPS of the boss is slow, if you get hit *boom* your hp down critical level, the next hit will not be for another second...if mages are good, they will time their heals in between those ridiculous damage allowing for longer survivability of their partymates. I haven't tried though, I'll try later. I'm at work now.

Whirlzap
07-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately most mages sit there and heal themselves.

Now I understand why this boss is very hard to kill.
Once I hit 71, I'll grab Subs and a good STR tank, and two nuke birds and just kill this derp.
Although kudos to STS, the mega combo part is pretty nice.
I wonder how much HP this boss has.
If I can get a good party, like a really good one, would it be possible to kill him before he tower-heals?

Like how you can have a good party and kill Galactic Overlord before he lolshields on you and derps.

Bebsi
07-19-2012, 11:03 PM
I just played in a random party.
We killed him in less than a minute, corner tactic.
While staying in that corner made it very easy to kill mobs, here and there a mega combo succeded.

After that I joined groups and I constantly keep dying cause we can't time the combo so the boss runs to one of the towers and heals himself -.-
Having mobs hitting u while persueing the boss is not only disturbing, it splits up ur group and makes it really hard to combo.

One thing I don't understand...
The time we could beat him we didn't use auto-attack at all, but why?

vampinoy
07-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Once I hit 71, I'll grab Subs and a good STR tank, and two nuke birds and just kill this derp.
If I can get a good party, like a really good one, would it be possible to kill him before he tower-heals?

Like how you can have a good party and kill Galactic Overlord before he lolshields on you and derps.

EDIT: It's possible to kill him before he tower-heals :P

vampinoy
07-19-2012, 11:23 PM
I just played in a random party.
We killed him in less than a minute, corner tactic.
While staying in that corner made it very easy to kill mobs, here and there a mega combo succeded.

After that I joined groups and I constantly keep dying cause we can't time the combo so the boss runs to one of the towers and heals himself -.-
Having mobs hitting u while persueing the boss is not only disturbing, it splits up ur group and makes it really hard to combo.

One thing I don't understand...
The time we could beat him we didn't use auto-attack at all, but why?

Yup it's easy if you know the strategy :P Could be insanely hard if you simply use brute force. The part where it splits up your group, yup it's so annoying right? LOL...it's more annoying when you're in a PUG and you're the only one who knows what to do :P You didn't use auto-attack? I'm not sure if that helped you in your kill...maybe try more test runs? I can't do runs atm, I'm at work :/

Elyseon
07-19-2012, 11:37 PM

i did it once in a team of all thrashers

vampinoy
07-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Anyone would like to join me attempt beat this boss using only gold-purchased elixir? Need 1 Bear, 2 Birds, and 1 more INT mage. I'll be on in around 4-5 hours from now? LOL, sorry, work before play comrades :P

IGN: Lakandula

Bebsi
07-20-2012, 12:05 AM
Well, kicked him a few times now...
And yes, it helps if 2-3 players are on elixiers.
The point is if u can't combo and he fills up his hp u can keep on trying a few times until the boss dies...

If ur party is not thrashered it's more difficult.
I tested the 3 plat armor and it helps in combination with a str set.
Killing the boss is more luck than skill, cause all groups I joined keep spamming skills randomly.
I'm not sure, even if I watch my fellas and try to hit the right skill button after their attack the timing still seems difficult.
It's easier to spam ur skills in a certain order and repeat it. If the others do so as well it will eventually activate the combo lol

I know, doesn't sound very pro, but I'm not at a point where I can contribute to the combo at the right time xD
Will do some further testing later... I still need to clear the infested deck ^_^

Cruis
07-20-2012, 01:15 AM
So, how do we beat him?

vampinoy
07-20-2012, 01:36 AM
So, how do we beat him?

Please refer to first post :P If we can do it, so can you Comrade :P

kiitz
07-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Has anyone seen a new elite drop yet? I am assuming not, or that person would immediately post on the forums to show off their new loot. Doesn't seem like much of anyone is running the map right now..

xcainnblecterx
07-20-2012, 01:55 AM
I was just thinkin the same kiitz. I wonder what these "elite dark pinks" are

drgrimmy
07-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Full party on thrasher (1bear, 2 bird, 2 mage) kills him half of the time before he heals himself...

Darkterror
07-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Nice details

Shellkaz
07-20-2012, 06:30 AM
i see some deaths in future ...

Awww Scia, you know u can always count on me to res you. :-).

Seriously though this thread is a huge help, and I also predict that those Mages who don't heal and res will not be welcome in parties. Because without pots, mages have to do their job.

xcainnblecterx
07-20-2012, 03:46 PM
So if you need a tanking bear in this dungeon wouldnt that make us dex/int bears useless? I think i see a respec coming soon

JaytB
07-20-2012, 03:56 PM
Or... You could get a group of trasherheads who know how to play their class right, and kill him about 100 times an hour :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TbP6RXFEQ

Fusionstrike
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
Well, I have to give STS credit for trying to resurrect boss battle strategy with this one. It is definitely different based on reading the description. However, I don't really consider it a true "strategy battle" when the design tactic is just to make insane damage and one-shot the party down to defeat. That's just plain lazy design. And taking away potions just to make sure the one-shot moron will win? Probably the lamest thing I've seen STS do to date (and they've done a lot of lame things).

What's even more frustrating is that we know they can make true strategy boss battles (e.g. cockroach in sewers), but they couldn't be bothered here. It's obvious they just wanted to drive more elixir sales, so they just threw together a titanic tower of damage and called it a boss. STS does get one very slight head-nod for the mega combo thing, but the rest of the lameness far overshadows what cred that factor otherwise would give them.

The funny thing is that this faux-strategy boss will be nothing but cannon fodder in a few caps when people come slumming back to him in god-like gear and squish him in 15 seconds.

Intenze
07-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Or... You could get a group of trasherheads who know how to play their class right, and kill him about 100 times an hour :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1TbP6RXFEQ

That is pretty sweet, but sad that it can only be done with a full thrasher group :(

Bebsi
07-20-2012, 06:51 PM
If ur party is thrashered it really is no prob ^_^
The only thing is a winning party will stick together, so others have no chance to join the train for an hour xD

kiitz
07-20-2012, 06:58 PM
That was a really fast run. What is crazy is that I am sure you guys did that over and over again for the full hour and still no one with an actual elite weapon to show off. I really want to know the stats/proc on these weapons!

Let's call it 100 runs, x5, so 500 runs and no elite weapons. We know the drop rate should be less than 0.2% then so far.

vampinoy
07-20-2012, 07:32 PM
That's pretty much how it goes in an elixir party :P But I hope more people realize that this boss is beatable even in a non-elixir party. For me, the process of beating this elite boss is what makes it "fun", not to mention, you will save real money and make lots of friends in looking for that "right" team, isn't that awesomesauce? What's sad about it now is that only the elixir folks group together and everyone else is left in the dark on how to beat this boss (many of them thinks this boss is unbeatable without elixir). It took me over an hour to convince random 71's to run with me because they think the boss is impossible to beat without thrasher, and so after many deaths, and adjustments on our timing and which mega combo to pull off...we finally got our rhythm together...we beat him...they were all like...let's do it again...and so we did again...and again...it was fun...now we're all buddies...that's pretty awesome experience :P I'll be honest though, there was one guy in elixir in that run (it was me LOL, I bought the 7plat one because they wouldn't run unless at least one guy is in elixir)...I'm pretty sure we could have pulled it off even If I wasn't on that elixir...just the 2k gold elixirs.

Anyway, the only reason I use elixir is because I don't have time to grind all day. In this case, the boss is readily accessible, it's just a matter of knowing the right strategy, I don't see myself wasting thousands of platinum just farming this boss. I can farm monster bash and make more money plus I don't have to wait for an entire party, so I save on time. I look at this boss as finding the most "talented" and well "coordinated" players in the game, not as a farming dungeon (we have monster bash for that). So, I'm still on the search...message me in-game if you're not afraid of dying over and over in search for that "right" team to beat this beast without spending real money...dying was never this fun for me LoL :P IGN: Lakandula

PS: Bigbearsnow is one of the few good combo bears I've ran with in this dungeon :P This bear is tuned to beat this kind of boss...he has an eagle eye for timing the crushing blow :P I recommend partying up with him.

Whirlzap
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
Let's have a contest to see who can kill boss fastest.

GOGO let's do it under 20 seconds.

kiitz
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
A better contest: 1st non-plat elixired group to put up a video of them killing the boss. Now THAT would be entertaining to watch. We could see some real coordination and team play there.

While the rush down videos are cool and all, let's be honest - there is no skill being displayed there.

JaytB
07-21-2012, 05:51 AM
there is no skill being displayed there.

I'd say, get your own group of trasher heads, try it yourself and then tell us again that there isn't any skill involved ;)

It may look like we're simply spamming skills in your eyes, but I guarantee that with a group who just randomly spams every skill, he won't go down that easily :)

CrimsonTider
07-21-2012, 08:13 AM
A better contest: 1st non-plat elixired group to put up a video of them killing the boss. Now THAT would be entertaining to watch. We could see some real coordination and team play there.

While the rush down videos are cool and all, let's be honest - there is no skill being displayed there.

I promise you that the individuals you saw in that video are sone of the BEST in game at their respextive class. I can also assure you that plenty of thought went into how to perfect those runs and still do.

And in reference to the dex/int tanking comment: If you are a bear, you better know how to tank no matter what your specs are. I know dex/int bears who "tank" better than most str/dex bears. All about knowing how to play your class (refer to first sentence.)

springtime
07-21-2012, 03:34 PM
It's been a long time since sts put any thought into this game. The original humania had no real bosses and we needed no real skill. This game has veered off from the original vision. There is no cohesiveness and it seems like with each new map they throw on an intern that has no real knowledge of the original game or has even played it through!! It's kind of insulting...especially when I've spent so much money in plat and I support all three of their games. It's not getting any better and they are not listening. I don't know how much longer I will support this company.