PDA

View Full Version : Life is easy for women?

csb
07-19-2012, 09:59 PM
When the plat prices dropped, I bought plat for the first time and made another character. I decided to make a female character to see what items are available for those characters. I always made at least one of each character type in other games. Well, now both my characters are 26, and the female character gets a lot of attention, random chats, and a huge number of friend requests.

I couldn't figure out how to make the new Solstice Fire Star. I guess I'm stupid. So, I searched the forums, but found no instructions. I did the web site chat... not very helpful. All I got was "Purified Fire" from WinterKate. Ok... can you expand on that? I run around the sanctuary asking people in chat. I go out by the fountain asking, but no responses.

Then, I log in with the female character. I send one question. I get three immediate tells with information. Someone hands me a free shard and says follow me. He tells me everything to do. Then, he says, sorry I don't have the next shard, i will farm it for you. I said, "i can just buy it in cs". (i have 2M gold). But, he says, "why buy it when i can farm it for you free. So, now i'm waiting while he farms me a shard.

Dang... is life easy for women?

Cahaun
07-19-2012, 10:10 PM
I guess so lol. So many people just waiting to be fine gentlemen for the females in dire need of help :p

SexyIsland
07-19-2012, 10:14 PM
I got a lot of the new colored Vanities for free as well as gold. Excluding my twin who helps me a lot when in need. But other random players have given me items that I have been in search of and also excluding the guildies who have helped.

But yes, Life is easier for a women!!!

StompArtist
07-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Just avoid dark corners.

Epic Unicorns!
07-19-2012, 10:16 PM
I really hate getting spammed "ur hot" or "date me" or "hey cutie :)" on my SL character

SexyIsland
07-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Just avoid dark corners.

Good one stompy!!! I'll avoid those from now. XD

SexyIsland
07-19-2012, 10:17 PM
I get hit on more in DL than SL. And those pm's in DL aren't a joke. Lmao

WinterKate
07-19-2012, 10:28 PM
When the plat prices dropped, I bought plat for the first time and made another character. I decided to make a female character to see what items are available for those characters. I always made at least one of each character type in other games. Well, now both my characters are 26, and the female character gets a lot of attention, random chats, and a huge number of friend requests.

I couldn't figure out how to make the new Solstice Fire Star. I guess I'm stupid. So, I searched the forums, but found no instructions. I did the web site chat... not very helpful. All I got was "Purified Fire" from WinterKate. Ok... can you expand on that? I run around the sanctuary asking people in chat. I go out by the fountain asking, but no responses.

Then, I log in with the female character. I send one question. I get three immediate tells with information. Someone hands me a free shard and says follow me. He tells me everything to do. Then, he says, sorry I don't have the next shard, i will farm it for you. I said, "i can just buy it in cs". (i have 2M gold). But, he says, "why buy it when i can farm it for you free. So, now i'm waiting while he farms me a shard.

Dang... is life easy for women?

I answered you in the forum chat. :) Life, in fact, is difficult for us. Like I was wearing the Druid set when a dude pmed and asked, "Can I see your ****ies?" Ha!

Did you get the Fire Star? I believe you must be 26 for it. :)

lethalchick
07-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Well I have yet to get free vanities, but I do get plenty of donations, usually greens. Got so annoying I usually have reject gifts now. (it's not the gift thats annoying, it's expecting you to date them after. Thanks for the item, but I didn't ask for it, and I don't know you)
When I was a an utter noob (Still am), I would get dozens of friend requests from level 26's (still do :/) Needless to say, hitting reject has become just like liquidating those white items to me.
I most definitely haven't been given free valuables like fire shard or farming help. Sounds like you got yourself a keeper ;)

On the other hand, you get terrifying pm's. Usually they are half asterisks. I usually reply "uh thanks... I think". If they prove persistent I'll reply something like "why yes, this is indeed a lovely evening. Nice to meet you too". I know I could insta ignore them all, but ignoring seems really mean to me.

Being female (or having a female toon) is for sure a double edged sword. Depends if you'd rather have a bucket load of free greens (and a friend request while getting hit on) or peace of mind.

bronislav84
07-19-2012, 10:44 PM
I haven't gotten free items yet, but I do get hit on a heck of a lot. Nice story. I'm jelly.

csb
07-19-2012, 10:46 PM
Just avoid dark corners.

All the corners are dark in DL.

Worship
07-19-2012, 10:48 PM
Just avoid dark corners.

All the corners are dark in DL.

Right on brotha.. Good for the male vamps if ya know what I mean ;)

Qingsanale1st
07-20-2012, 06:45 AM
Right on brotha.. Good for the male vamps if ya know what I mean ;)

Especially if all the human chicks left are Bar Flys or High Class Working Girls or pretty Bystanders :P

TheChairmaker
07-20-2012, 08:02 AM
So do you guys not try to treat both genders equally, or is it that you see more perverted/randomly generous behaviour if you play as a girl? I try to behave equally generously/disparagingly to both genders ;) I certainly wouldn't give a girl a purified fire shard cos they were a girl in game. IRL they could be a forty-year-old male couch potato.

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 08:03 AM
So do you guys not try to treat both genders equally? I try to behave equally generously/disparagingly to both genders ;) I certainly wouldn't give a girl a purified fire shard cos they were a girl in game. IRL they could be a forty-year-old male couch potato.

How about if he's relatively fit and does sports?

TheChairmaker
07-20-2012, 08:04 AM
How about if he's relatively fit and does sports?
My point was that you don't know the person behind the screen :drunk:

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 08:05 AM
My point was that you don't know the person behind the screen :drunk:

Oh, I was hoping for a free gem on account of fitting the description up to couch potato. :D

TheChairmaker
07-20-2012, 08:07 AM
Oh, I was hoping for a free gem on account of fitting the description up to couch potato. :D
Not from me! If you give me a free mask on account of my vampire's exposed necrotising flesh, go ahead though ;)

Fyrce
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
I must be doing it wrong. I keep giving stuff to guys...

Cahaun
07-20-2012, 05:46 PM
:eek:

Shellkaz
07-20-2012, 06:32 PM
On the other hand, you get terrifying pm's. Usually they are half asterisks. I usually reply "uh thanks... I think". If they prove persistent I'll reply something like "why yes, this is indeed a lovely evening. Nice to meet you too". I know I could insta ignore them all, but ignoring seems really mean to me.

Being female (or having a female toon) is for sure a double edged sword. Depends if you'd rather have a bucket load of free greens (and a friend request while getting hit on) or peace of mind.

My response to random requests to be someones girlfriend is usually "I'm sorry I'm married" That usually shuts them down quite effectively. I really don't want to tell some poor kid that he just hit on a middle aged accountant. LMBO.

On the other hand I haven't been on the receiving end of any rude crude and socially unacceptable comments. In that case I just might tell them that I am 51 and my kids are probably older than they are, ;-)

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 06:57 PM

Gets out male toon... hello!

Roc
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Some of the things PMed to me are so filthy that I would gladly give up any possible preferential treatment just to be rid of the many more common occurrences of graphic remarks :dread:

TheChairmaker
07-21-2012, 01:46 AM
Gets out male toon... hello!
*is amused* have one of each gender, take advantage of everyone!

minamoo
07-21-2012, 11:02 AM
We definitely have it eas-IER! I started a thread about a guy who gave me 50k out of the blue......he has since then given me 500k . In fact , yesterday he bought an elixir pack and went farming for me...He got me A WHOLE SET OF ONSET/HALENESS/SHARDS. I didn't have the heart to tell him I already had them. * LE SIGH*.....HE'S INFATUATED WITH MY TOON....HAAAHHHAAA

TheChairmaker
07-21-2012, 11:04 AM
We definitely have it eas-IER! I started a thread about a guy who gave me 50k out of the blue......he has since then given me 500k . In fact , yesterday he bought an elixir pack and went farming for me...He got me A WHOLE SET OF ONSET/HALENESS/SHARDS. I didn't have the heart to tell him I already had them. * LE SIGH*.....HE'S INFATUATED WITH MY TOON....HAAAHHHAAA
Dude is crazy. He'll never meet you in real life!! I must make a girl toon to reap the benefits ;)

minamoo
07-21-2012, 11:06 AM
I swear my next mission is to ask him NOT to kill me in CTF/DM.....lol.

StompArtist
07-21-2012, 11:09 AM

In all seriousness could he not just make his own female toon and invest in it? I honestly don't get it but if I where you I would be extremely careful in revealing personal infos (do not reveal personal infos!). Guy seems to be seriously OCD about you... errr.... your toon.

minamoo
07-21-2012, 11:31 AM
The saddest thing is that there is a language barrier...you see....we communicate like this.

ME: how are you today?
HIM: fine
ME: good
HIM:Today I give some nice stuff fer you. Espetta here. me back quick I bring fer you nice stuff.
ME: o.o

Usually he just spots me...and I get the 'you have received' notification....He doesn't chat...cos we can't ......there is no danger of over sharing info.....trust me.

StompArtist
07-21-2012, 11:33 AM
The saddest thing is that there is a language barrier...you see....we communicate like this.

HIM : fine
HIM: Today I give some nice stuff fer you. Espetta here. me back quick I bring fer you nice stuff.

Usually he just spots me...and I get the you have received .....notification....He doesn't chat...cos we can't ......there is no danger of over sharing info.....trust me.

You have found yourself a golden retriever! I am jealous. lol

minamoo
07-21-2012, 11:37 AM
^^I keep thinking....why me? LOL

TheChairmaker
07-21-2012, 03:51 PM

HIM: fine
HIM:Today I give some nice stuff fer you. Espetta here. me back quick I bring fer you nice stuff.

Usually he just spots me...and I get the 'you have received' notification....He doesn't chat...cos we can't ......there is no danger of over sharing info.....trust me.
That's really, really bizarre. Maybe he's just, IDK, mad? ;)

HunterSLAYER
07-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Finally a great solution to get those undead antler vanities easily :P

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

RedRyder
07-21-2012, 06:58 PM
My main's a girl. I get offered so much stuff lol but I never accept. I think I might for now on lmao.

bronislav84
07-21-2012, 07:44 PM
I haven't gotten free items yet, but I do get hit on a heck of a lot. Nice story. I'm jelly.My answer is still this.

Jeshikah
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
lol, being a female toon is hard, when you're constantly getting cybor/flirting pms but you know what is harder? being a female toon wearing an item that was just released, and not many others are wearing it. then you go into vampire district and, bam, 10 different ppl want to know where you got it, lol. as for the cybor/dating tells, most i just respond with, "sorry, not interested in cybor/flirting, and i don't make small talk", and the rest i merely don't even acknowledge that i received them, i don't bother adding them to ignore list, i just don't respond, lol.

Chanyu96
07-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Lol, i know your feeling exactly, even i said zopok is me, they keep sending me request and free stuff, kindness but not zetectic.

HunterSLAYER
07-22-2012, 06:58 AM
Lol, i know your feeling exactly, even i said zopok is me, they keep sending me request and free stuff, kindness but not zetectic.

I had to reject gifts on my other 26 toon as my inventory kept getting filled with gifts too quickly on my other 26 fm toon.

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

Taaralatie
07-22-2012, 07:16 AM
From my 'extensive' research I have found that sadly it is easier not to reply to people not on my friend list. I realise this may make me appear unfriendly (I am not) or unhelpful (again, I am not) but the next line is either " please give me gold" if I am on a male toon or " will you be my gf?" when on my numerous girl toons. I spent ages replying to people individually saying nicely, " no thank you" but in the end the requests were too numerous. And as Roc says, there are some comments that quite literally take your breath away...and believe me, I am very broad minded! It does make me wonder if there are girls or guys posing as girls who do give these people what they are looking for as otherwise, with no encouragement, they would realise it falls on deaf ears. So, if you genuinely wish to speak to me, don't be put off by the initial rebuff! I am lovely really :)

monarchival
07-22-2012, 07:29 AM
From my 'extensive' research I have found that sadly it is easier not to reply to people not on my friend list. I realise this may make me appear unfriendly (I am not) or unhelpful (again, I am not) but the next line is either " please give me gold" if I am on a male toon or " will you be my gf?" when on my numerous girl toons. I spent ages replying to people individually saying nicely, " no thank you" but in the end the requests were too numerous. And as Roc says, there are some comments that quite literally take your breath away...and believe me, I am very broad minded! It does make me wonder if there are girls or guys posing as girls who do give these people what they are looking for as otherwise, with no encouragement, they would realise it falls on deaf ears. So, if you genuinely wish to speak to me, don't be put off by the initial rebuff! I am lovely really :)

She is very lovely indeed :)
And for me, i assume female toons r guys until i find out otherwise.

Jeshikah
07-22-2012, 04:18 PM
She is very lovely indeed :)
And for me, i assume female toons r guys until i find out otherwise.

indeed, you are right to assume that. after all MMORPG means Mostly Men Online Role Playing Girls, lol. it's a statistical fact, lol. most MMORPG players are men, rather than women, in real life, yet there is a nearly even split between male and female toons. clearly a large number of men are role playing as girls.

Nkasssassin
07-22-2012, 08:50 PM
OMG, I deal with it every freakin day ppl hit on me!!! aaaargh >:(

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 09:27 PM
No one hits on me or gives me free things. I think it's my Voodoo Visage. Some male character told me today I look too creepy to even come near. Har har har. :abnormal: No free things or creepy messages for me.