PDA

View Full Version : Summer solstice was a month ago...

csb
07-19-2012, 10:21 PM
I'm guessing the new content is a little late? Is that like having the Christmas event in PL arrive in February?

Poor programmers probably have whip marks on their backs.

bronislav84
07-19-2012, 10:54 PM
I blame Apple needing to approve the client. You know how slow they are.

I swear STS should just drop iCrap support. Of course they won't.

Floating
07-20-2012, 09:24 AM
I agree with broni... Apple is too late on aproving clients. On pl for example they had to remake it once because apple didn approve one small info, as far as I remember @.@

Snakespeare
07-20-2012, 09:30 AM
You would have STS dump all the players who began with them two years ago? It's not gonna happen.

Plus, if I use iCrap, you use imitation iCrap reverse engineered and Sold with no creative effort, and somehow immune to prosecution for all it's copyright violations. :p

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 09:45 AM
You would have STS dump all the players who began with them two years ago? It's not gonna happen.

Plus, if I use iCrap, you use imitation iCrap reverse engineered and Sold with no creative effort, and somehow immune to prosecution for all it's copyright violations. :p

Love how Apple is all upset about copyright violation when those patents should not have been granted to begin with due to previous patents. All they've done is market it in a "cooler" and more cost efficient package. They have invented nothing but they have refined old concepts very well. Props on the extensive work to make it consumer friendly but no props at all for the idea.

From Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_tablet_computers):

The depth of these roots can be quite surprising to people who are only familiar with current commercial products. For example, the first patent for an electronic tablet used for handwriting was granted in 1888.[1] The first patent for a system that recognized handwritten characters by analyzing the handwriting motion was granted in 1915.[2] The first publicly demonstrated system using a tablet and handwriting text recognition instead of a keyboard for working with a modern digital computer dates to 1956.[3]

Also the "reverse engineered and copy" claim can be applied by several predecessors from the 1980's to Apple. So no case at all beyond the fact that some Android manufacturer are making their products look too similar to the iPad which is a moot point.

Snakespeare
07-20-2012, 09:54 AM
Stomp, I was specifically responding to someone calling all Apple products iCrap. Surely you don't agree with him.

StompArtist
07-20-2012, 09:56 AM
Stomp, I was specifically responding to someone calling all Apple products iCrap. Surely you don't agree with him.

Oh, I disagree with him entirely. I have misunderstood your post. Need more coffee.

bronislav84
07-20-2012, 10:01 AM
It was outdated at the time it was released, hence crap. Apple is as slow with keeping up with the times as with updating their software and hardware. That's my point there.

Stomp was pretty spot on though about the patents that should not have been given. Apple did not create it. Smartphone operating systems should be a patent-less product.