PDA

View Full Version : Help avoiding missed drops

Gluttony
07-20-2012, 07:10 AM
Since DL's drop system is much different than the other 2 established games, it may be a good idea to add something to aid players making the journey from Alterra or the Blackstar a bit easier. Drops are actually dropped in Carvina and because of this there is the opportunity to miss them much more than in the other games. In PL/SL the only way to miss a drop is to be too far away from the point of award, but in DL if you happen to run off past a dying enemy you can miss some loot.

Suggestion: Add a map icon for the dropped items. It can be a single color, or represent the color of the drop (green, pink, blue...) which would allow players to decide to go back for the reward or just sprint on past it for greener pastures. This idea would help those that don't play with the sound on (yes there is a distinct sound for each drop), or those players that use the delayed killing spells and run off. Since skills like Fatal Burst, Vermin Swarm and Fire Aura can kill enemies slowly while the vamp has moved on a need to be notified of a potential dropped goodie should be made available.

This was never an issue for me since I was always a slow and steady kind of player, but due to this new event I find myself frantically running through maps in hopes of that random vanity drop. Back when elixirs were free I didn't have any problem running back through a map to make sure that nothing was missed, now that I have to pay for them it's more like "Eh, hope it wasn't anything good." A simple visual addition to combine with the audio notification would be much appreciated.

Hidden vanity drop:

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/613/img00771.png

lethalchick
07-20-2012, 09:04 AM
Yes I have this exact problem. Though sometimes in my farming runs the mini map is so crowded, I wouldnt notice a drop hiding back behind me.

Sam_Arah
07-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I find that people rush through map, especially in multiplayer because they want to kill targets ... take it easy and you wont miss anything. Although a indicator on mini-map would be nice, but would probably just overcrowd things.

YuNoEatBeaRs
07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
maybe a notification that a pink has dropped?

Rare
07-21-2012, 09:26 AM
maybe a notification that a pink has dropped?

Yes, at the least for legendary drops

Cahaun
07-21-2012, 09:42 AM
I nearly passed by a pink drop once. It was hiding behind a curtain.

Takezaki
07-27-2012, 08:35 PM
What about pets ''vacuuming'' the dropped items for you??

BG_zorro
07-28-2012, 06:04 AM
At this point, i get a lot of common and rare gem/weapon drops. Only a couple of times did i get a legendary gem/weapon drop. No vanity drops at all. Very frustrating. And the rare and common drops i get are all the same ones, over and over again. :-(