PDA

View Full Version : Dodge % vs Armor Stat

bjordan
07-20-2012, 01:18 PM
How many armor points should I be willing to give per 1% dodge?

There's probably not a single correct answer but I'm curious what everyone's opinion and if anyone has done the math?

FluffNStuff
07-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Thinking about the math and believe it requires opponents damage.

Chopper
07-20-2012, 01:49 PM
also requires how much armour you have already and if that 1% will make any difference

FluffNStuff
07-20-2012, 01:52 PM
It really is just about how hard the enemy hits, but that should give you an idea on which to chose. As you go up in level, and the enemy damage gets higher, you want to increasingly choose dodge over armor, as it becomes more important. What level are you, and what values are deciding between?

bjordan
07-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Thinking about the math and believe it requires opponents damage.

That's a good point. It's much easier to do the math on crit% vs damage because the numbers are known. I didn't fully think through the moving variable of how much damage the enemy does for the dodge% vs armor formula.

It really is just about how hard the enemy hits, but that should give you an idea on which to chose. As you go up in level, and the enemy damage gets higher, you want to increasingly choose dodge over armor, as it becomes more important. What level are you, and what values are deciding between?

I'm level 57. I'm a Pally and starting to do some Nuri runs. Things hit hard there.

My armor decision is between: -2% dodge for +9 armor

I also have a 51 full dex bird but don't have any current decisions on him. I'm sure I will in the future though. Which is why I was wondering if there was a good way to figure out what to choose. I see it's a little more complex though.

Pimpslide
07-20-2012, 03:35 PM
Neither really matters at that level. The 9 armor pretty much good for nothing, so I'd go with even the slightest chance of completely negating damage.