PDA

View Full Version : Look Familiar?

NECROREAPER
07-20-2012, 02:21 PM
Here's the new elite humania STR weapon:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/acec9671.jpg

And here was my entry for the " STR Submission Thread - Design Humanian Legendary Weapons Contest - STRENGTH" :

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff282/08kecarv/6043d59a.jpg

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Fao
07-20-2012, 02:26 PM
:0 they stole your design but didn't give you credit! Shame! Actually... Maybe they kept it a secret and your getting yours soon!:)

CrimsonTider
07-20-2012, 02:28 PM
Have you not been given recognition? What about the other twk "elite" weapons.. are they similar to cintest entry submissions?

Not cool....

NECROREAPER
07-20-2012, 02:30 PM
Have you not been given recognition? What about the other twk "elite" weapons.. are they similar to cintest entry submissions?

Not cool....

Not at all.

I made a post in the PL 2.0.0 patch notes thread where the original picture was posted for the new weapons, but it was either overlooked or ignored.

CrimsonTider
07-20-2012, 02:42 PM
Not at all.

I made a post in the PL 2.0.0 patch notes thread where the original picture was posted for the new weapons, but it was either overlooked or ignored.

Nothing about this is acceptable. Never a reason to NOT give credit where credit is due.

McBain
07-20-2012, 02:57 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here, I don't think it's too much of a reach that two people could come up with the idea of a "swordfish sword" independently. I highly doubt they stole your idea, but with that said, you should get some sort of credit since they're so close and your idea predates the new weapon, even if it's a coincidence.

Lavalamp
Yeah I don't see why sts would do this. They are good with giving credit maybe they just haven't got to it or maybe they accidently skipped over. Since u got no recognition I'd like to say congrats :) ur awesome design was implemented :D

razerfingers
Um, email support? But you never copywrited and made it public for them.. therefore its free to use imo. But still not good they didnt credit you

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

WoundedEagle
07-20-2012, 03:07 PM
They should have at least given you like 20 mil or something.

Jugernugetx
07-20-2012, 03:09 PM
oh a sword fish. we would have never guessed theyd use a fish for sword.... look on those rack things in humania. there is that same blue fish without the blade.

CrimsonTider
07-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Just to play devil's advocate here, I don't think it's too much of a reach that two people could come up with the idea of a "swordfish sword" independently. I highly doubt they stole your idea, but with that said, you should get some sort of credit since they're so close and your idea predates the new weapon, even if it's a coincidence.

Considering the contest was held WAY before Humania came out and these were not introduced for another coupke of weeks after Humania came out, I have a hard time seeing coincedence. I'm not hating on ya, just stating I don't see how they can justify that argument.

razerfingers
07-20-2012, 03:14 PM
Considering the contest was held WAY before Humania came out and these were not introduced for another coupke of weeks after Humania came out, I have a hard time seeing coincedence. I'm not hating on ya, just stating I don't see how they can justify that argument.

Agree^^

Livemau
07-20-2012, 03:24 PM
well a swordfish and shark are very different things

octavos
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
ill leave this right here.

1. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Pocket Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

here is the major link
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56830-DEX-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-DEXTERITY
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56828-INT-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-INTELLIGENCE
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56829-STR-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-STRENGTH

sorry but no acknowledgement is needed....since submitting your idea you waved your rights.
im sorry again, but next time read the fine print its all there.

NECROREAPER
07-20-2012, 03:38 PM

1. Submitter acknowledges that SPACETIME is engaged in extensive research and development in many areas, including without limitation ongoing development of Pocket Legends and other games and communities, and other content for the consumer marketplace. Submitter further acknowledges that in the course of its business SPACETIME receives from others, including other submitters, its own employees and employees of its affiliates, numerous submissions of concepts, ideas, and designs for Content, and that SPACETIME may have developed or may in the future develop materials, or may have received or may in the future receive submissions of materials, similar or identical to those presented to SPACETIME by Submitter. Submitter understands that Submitter will not be entitled to any recognition or other consideration for any submitted materials nor will Submitter be entitled to recognition or consideration because of the use by SPACETIME or any of its affiliates of any such similar or identical material.

here is the major link
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56830-DEX-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-DEXTERITY
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56828-INT-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-INTELLIGENCE
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?56829-STR-Submission-Thread-Design-Humanian-Legendary-Weapons-Contest-STRENGTH

sorry but no acknowledgement is needed....since submitting your idea you waved your rights.
im sorry again, but next time read the fine print its all there.

I understood that and did read it the first time.

If they're gonna post that and then give recognition to people who they designed items after (namely winners of that particular contest and every contest prior and upcoming) then why not do it for all.

I'm not upset about them not giving recognition, I'm upset about them making it seem like they came up with the idea all by themselves.

Also:

oh a sword fish. we would have never guessed theyd use a fish for sword.... look on those rack things in humania. there is that same blue fish without the blade.

Your point is irrelevant.

Pimpslide
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM

Oh right, but then again, the sword Necro designed is the exact same spitting image as the sword in the picture.
Right down to the curve of the face where it meets the hilt.

LwMark
07-20-2012, 03:49 PM
Maybe they do have a surprise for you

xcainnblecterx
07-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Shoulda slapped a TM on your pic. You deserve the credit and your getting it here so grats nice wep

KingFu
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
Not the first time. The Hook Staff, Scarab Bow, and Scarab Blade were all [uncomfirmed] entries in the AO2 design contest. By submitting your design, you gave them all the copyrights (IIRC from reading the rules and regulations).

Edit:

I also have the agree with Juger. They have them in town and just simply turned them into a weapon, they didn't necessarily use your design. I entered a crappy tiki head staff and they made one as well, regardless of mine looking different from there's, they still used the idea. I'd say the design team doesn't remember any of our entries, I'd even be surprised of they've seen any others besides the winning ones.

razerfingers
07-20-2012, 03:59 PM
Oh right, but then again, the sword Necro designed is the exact same spitting image as the sword in the picture.
Right down to the curve of the face where it meets the hilt.

Nope, color scheme is wrong... Lol so therefrore its diffrent and not a copy :)

Pimpslide
07-20-2012, 04:02 PM
Nope, color scheme is wrong... Lol so therefrore its diffrent and not a copy :)

Way to stay positive, buddy. :)
Lol.:D

razerfingers
07-20-2012, 04:06 PM
Way to stay positive, buddy. :)
Lol.:D

i would thank you but sadly, my thanks ran out :/ lol

Pimpslide
07-20-2012, 04:18 PM
i would thank you but sadly, my thanks ran out :/ lol

I would thank you as well, but sadly, my thanks have not run out.

No really, since I have nothing better to do, here's a free thanks.

bobfredd
07-20-2012, 04:53 PM
Doesn't lucky have the same sword?
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s463/bobfred45/6fd7e364.jpg

LwMark
07-20-2012, 05:35 PM
Doesn't lucky have the same sword?
http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s463/bobfred45/6fd7e364.jpg

very similar though

Jugernugetx
07-20-2012, 07:03 PM
I understood that and did read it the first time.

If they're gonna post that and then give recognition to people who they designed items after (namely winners of that particular contest and every contest prior and upcoming) then why not do it for all.

I'm not upset about them not giving recognition, I'm upset about them making it seem like they came up with the idea all by themselves.

Also:

Your point is irrelevant.

its very relevant. they started designing humania before the contest. If they would have stolen your idea, they would have said so. And yes, lucky has it as well as a 1h sword. So....?

Elyseon
07-20-2012, 07:08 PM
dude just be proud, your item got made to be one of the first ever released 'elite' items, it was so awesome it couldnt win cuz it would be too valuable to give away for free

NECROREAPER
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
its very relevant. they started designing humania before the contest. If they would have stolen your idea, they would have said so. And yes, lucky has it as well as a 1h sword. So....?

They asked for the elite Humania weapons to be designed, which this item is, and which I made a design for.

Coincidence?

Rauekat
07-20-2012, 07:18 PM
Give the kudos to necro!

~A~
07-20-2012, 07:42 PM

here is the major link

im sorry again, but next time read the fine print its all there.read whats in red... so this is probably a coincidence... meaning no recognition... there is no proof of who thought of the idea first.

Jugernugetx
07-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Agreed a

The Flash
07-21-2012, 03:46 AM
After seeing the elite wep more I dont see that much thats similar except there fish swords. I think you are overlooking it necro. You also put STS on blast. I dont see what kind of respond your are expecting after this. Which is why they dont respond as it will be a weird lol.

"Necro we didnt copy your idea sorry you think we did" or "necro we did copy your idea but chose not to give you credit". Either would go bad. Im sure they would have said so if they would have used your idea. There isnt a reason not to. They have nothing to lose by doing so. As even if they did they have full rights over your idea and dont have to give anything in return. None the less cool wep design.