PDA

View Full Version : Challenges for Platinum?

TheMerchant
07-21-2012, 02:19 AM
I think it would be a splendid idea if PL offered specific challenges that reward platinum. To avoid players farming challenges for a lot of platinum, they could be worth maybe 5, 10, or 20... These challenges can vary. For example have a pvp challenge of getting a certain amount of kills that day, or possibly getting top player in pvp matches. And maybe just have some fun ones worth a few platinum ya know? They could be daily or whatever...
The more difficult the challenge, logically they should offer the most platinum. Doing simple challenges could most likely buy the player a respec or a small vanity item, while doing more difficult challenges may grant them access to guild purchases and premium characters or something along those lines. I think it would be a great and fun aspect of the game, especially for those who cannot afford to purchase a little platinum.

Just something I strongly think you guys should consider! It would be super fun and provide another reason for players to log on the game daily. Hope this is taken into deep consideration as I feel it should be. Thanks and feel free to comment if you have anything to say!

Bye!

WarTornBird
07-21-2012, 03:10 AM
This would mess up some business. I believe that's why you don't get but 1-5 platinum per free app.

TheMerchant
07-21-2012, 03:40 AM
This would mess up some business. I believe that's why you don't get but 1-5 platinum per free app.

I'm aware of this...If they were worth 1 plat each it would still provide a different atmosphere. I feel it would be a nice addition, even if they were worth 1 platinum... Or, just come up with a different small reward.
In my eyes a challenge system will, as stated before, be pretty cool and make me want to play the game more.

Yich
07-21-2012, 07:07 PM
Unfortunately, STS IS a business and they NEED to profit. My proof of this is the price tag on platinum. You get free platinum from downloading apps because the app makers pay STS to advertise them. Not because STS thinks these are cools apps and want to provide an incentive for you to download them. The reason they want think twice about this suggestion is because it won't make people want to buy platinum, it will make less people buy platinum. This is a very counter productive idea for business, even if it would make the game more fun. That's how business works, sorry about your luck.

onemadzhau
07-21-2012, 08:10 PM
They do have challenges for plat ................. But its a pain in the butt downloading 45 other games, now that's a challenge.

LwMark
07-21-2012, 08:22 PM
Ik some challenges you can do for plat..do Delphinas twitter contest u get 30+ plat and its FUN!

TheMerchant
07-22-2012, 04:23 AM
I don't see how occasional challenges worth 1 plat would cost STS business... When that hourly 1 free plat deal was running I'm sure many still purchases platinum.

bobfredd
07-22-2012, 05:55 AM
Sts does need to make money, how bout getting 1 platinum for watching a 30-sec video advertisement? I have an app where u can earn coins from that.

Kaytar
07-22-2012, 06:13 AM
how about challenges for just vanities instead? They could add a reallt hard boss and when you beat it you can get a free vanity to show that you beat it. :eek:

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 11:27 AM
how about challenges for just vanities instead? They could add a reallt hard boss and when you beat it you can get a free vanity to show that you beat it. :eek:

Sounds a bit like the new elite campaign but every one wins an award.

TheMerchant
07-23-2012, 03:30 AM
Ya that's a good idea as well.. I just want something new aside from the new Humania that can benefit and reward all players regardless of if they're high level or not.

vampinoy
07-23-2012, 05:43 AM
Wrong section Comrade. :P

On Topic: PVP challenge can be easily cheated. All you have to do is get another device create another character and kill each other until satisfied. Your suggestion, in essence, is you want the game to pay you for playing it? :P Platinum is real money. So we're not contented that the game is free and we now want to get paid playing PL? In essence, that's what how I interpret it.

PS: I do not intend to sound like I'm dissing you.

TheMerchant
07-25-2012, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=vampinoy;720765]Wrong section Comrade. :P

An occasional 1 plat is the equivalent of the hourly deal that was just recently deleted and some other offers... You're acting like players will be granted 100 plat for doing or "cheating" a challenge. I understand that platinum is a money making type deal, but plenty of players purchase large amounts of platinum on a regular basis. Like what Kaytar said, maybe a reward can be a small item or vanity or something. Sort of like a quest just different criteria and more opportunities to earn something that will make a player feel accomplished...