PDA

View Full Version : Is PvE meaningless?

MightyMicah
07-21-2012, 02:30 AM
Recently I've been trying to discover anything to do in PL to kill time. If you know me, you know I live for pvp. But even that can get boring sometimes and often it's a rather slow day with no games available. So I started wondering if there was anything to do in PvE on my twinks. I realized that the only thing to do would be to farm. But I get all my money through merching, and right now I don't even need money. So I ruled out farming. Then I thought, "Is there any way to get kills?" then I realized that that is also out of the question since xp locked kills has been disabled for some time now. I began to think, then, "Is there any way to get kills, ever, without leveling up?" At this point I remembered that at end game it's impossible to level up! And kills are still counted! Sadly, with my previous realization came another one. End game PvE kills is next to impossible without some for of elixirs.

Do you realize what this means? The only way to get any significant amount of pve kills is to pot up at end game. Isn't that kind of meaningless? I mean no disrespect to our current pve leaders at all, it's just that, is this what pve is all about? A battle of rich kids at end game? Since when was pve so meaningless? Is there any way that we could provide some kind of worthy thing to do in pve? Because honestly I'm getting so bored with PL recently that I've been hunting the app store for other mmorpgs. That way I can kill time on slow pvp days.

Edit-I do believe O&C has replaced PL PvE now lol.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?
What do y'all do to kill time on slow days?
Thanks in advance!
~MM

WarTornBird
07-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Yea it sounds about right. When I get bored I just go to my max kill toon which is level 15 turn on some music and kill things. Now it is fun and when your level 35 with say 20k kills that's awesome. Cause my lvl 68 has 30k. But thats what I do. I wasnt around when you could lock xp and get kills, so I don't see why it would hurt anything.

ZHEOTARE
07-21-2012, 04:21 AM
I can see where your boredom is starting to creep in. However, I don't understand why you keep saying that the only way to get kills is be end game AND potted. There really isn't a need to pot. Run in a group of un-potted peeps, or solo some. It's just going to be slow going is all.

Whirlzap
07-21-2012, 08:26 AM
It's was still possible during Sewers cap, the last cap before this so called Plat gen.
My friend Decur, he's a bear, and he farmed his 200k kills without elixirs simply by running games over and over.

Kraze
07-21-2012, 08:56 AM
The problem with end game pve is finding a balance for mob difficulty. In the current maps unpotted you have to deal with mobs that have the ability to use AoE that can one hit and have a tremendous amount of hp for regular mobs. However for those that "thrash" the game is a walk in the park. While no doubt this is great for plat sales as you see 71's still using elixirs, it takes some of the fun away from those of us that don't pay to level.

Elyseon
07-21-2012, 10:25 AM
It's was still possible during Sewers cap, the last cap before this so called Plat gen.
My friend Decur, he's a bear, and he farmed his 200k kills without elixirs simply by running games over and over.
lol i was playing O&C with afriend and saw a gay named decur i was like 'hey isnt he the guy in the PL leaderboards? o.O'
lol

JaytB
07-21-2012, 10:38 AM
lol i was playing O&C with afriend and saw a gay named decur i was like 'hey isnt he the guy in the PL leaderboards? o.O'
lol

He actually is the same guy ;)

Elyseon
07-21-2012, 10:50 AM
He actually is the same guy ;)

i figured, was just kinda cool to see a PL player lol

MightyMicah
07-21-2012, 01:43 PM
So it may be possible without elixirs I guess...but is it really worth it? I mean last I checked you'll get about 100 kills an hour. Maybe. Lol

ZHEOTARE
07-21-2012, 03:21 PM
There is a way to do it depending on the level you want to amass kills on. Make a new toon. Level to just above 13 when you stop getting xp in FH, then kill away. If you want a 25 twink, you can do Hidden Passage in Balefort, or anything lower. Only disable xp if you are going to an area that you can gain xp.

Disclaimer: I haven't tried this, but don't see why it wouldn't work.

MightyMicah
07-21-2012, 03:48 PM
But the only problem with that^ is that I would have nothing to gain. No kills would be added. It would ultimately just be a waste of time. If I wanna smash people I'll grab my end game bird, not a low level twink ;)

ZHEOTARE
07-21-2012, 03:51 PM
Kills would be added as long as you are in a low level area that you can't gain xp. ie a level 15 in FH. The only thing stopping kill count is the disable xp option.

MightyMicah
07-21-2012, 03:53 PM
I wish that worked man, but it actually doesn't. Believe me, I've tried :\

Subscriber
07-21-2012, 05:12 PM
Solo, be careful, and go slow. :D

ZHEOTARE
07-22-2012, 06:08 AM
Im glad I added my disclaimer. Lol.

I tried it to, and no extra kills. That's some bull-ish

Taaralatie
07-22-2012, 06:58 AM
I thought that if you cannot gain xp for whatever reason, your kills do not count unless you are capped and in high level maps.

McBain
07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Ability to gain xp = kills. If you see the exclamation point warning that indicates you're not earning xp in that map, then you're not getting kills either. The lock xp trick used to work back in the day, but not anymore. Using the xp anywhere elixir you should be able to get kills anywhere, but it only works for like 5 minutes at a time I think. Really, though, why wouldn't you just play the level you're at? Kills for the sake of kills seems rather pointless to me, but hey, diff'rent strokes and that.

Riccits
07-23-2012, 01:26 AM
Edit-I do believe O&C has replaced PL PvE now lol.

yes ur right. PL is just still better in PVP until GL dont implement some CTF and battlegrounds (if they ever will XD)

MightyMicah
07-23-2012, 04:33 PM
GL?

Twinklaser
07-23-2012, 05:17 PM
Now that if you think about it, theres a maximum number of PVE kills you can get. You stop gaining exp if your like 4 lvls higher than the reccomended lvl for a dungeon so assuming you do FH 1-13 DF 14-18 BC 19-23 FC 24-28 LE 29-33 AS 34-38 AO1 39-43 AO2 44-48 AO3 49-53 BS 54-58 NH 59-63 MF 64-68 H 69-71 solo, you'll get to a point where you cant accumulate anymore exp. Not sure but you can dump huge amount of plat for gaining exp in 1-71 in FH first dungeon though its not worth the effort.

McBain
07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
No, there's no maximum. You can keep killing forever. Once you get to lev 71, you'll stop getting xp because of the cap, but you'll still get credit for kills.

Riccits
07-24-2012, 01:13 AM
GL?

GameLoft :unconscious:

nazgulking
07-24-2012, 04:24 AM
Well to answer the title of your thread... No it's not meaningless, otherwise you wouldn't be able to level up :)
On a more serious note, PvE can be enhanced by boosting of replayability of previous campaigns for higher levels chars (Quests that need to go to previous campaign to be fulfilled is one that comes to my mind - Take for example getting crafting material by taking quests that asks you to kill enemies in previous campaigns).

Many things were said in the suggestions board and the only thing done was the remake of the first campaign (Which I consider a vast improvement compared to the original Forest Haven - Yes I have played the original Forest Haven and I still prefer the actual one) and the dragon vanity set; we will see what the devs have in mind to do with the rest of the game.