PDA

View Full Version : Undead mask too rare?

monarchival
07-21-2012, 07:40 AM
Is it just me, or is this mask stupid rare? Its proly just me cos a friend got it in ten runs. Although that was during the first day it came out. I wonder if a limited release vanity should be so rare. A permanent drop ok, but a few week only vanity?

Taaralatie
07-21-2012, 07:42 AM
Agree with you. I wouldn't like to guess at the number of runs we have done searching for this. It is frustrating for sure. Ah well...there's always tomorrow...sigh!

RedRyder
07-21-2012, 08:30 AM
Undead mask? Does anyone have pics?

It must be stupid rare if I've never even heard of it haha.

Floating
07-21-2012, 08:31 AM
Red look at guides new vanities. There is the pic.
I beleive they made undead mask too rare so that we strugle to get one snd when were done feel acinplisment

RedRyder
07-21-2012, 09:00 AM
That's unless we don't even end up getting one lol. Thanks floating, I'll check it out now.

Rare
07-21-2012, 09:19 AM
By undead you must mean "snake, eagle, and undead". Farming for days and no luck

Taaralatie
07-21-2012, 09:24 AM
We have been able to locate snake and eagle masks...admittedly within hours of release. Have farmed for them subsequently and not been lucky though. But Mon and I have done countless runs looking for undead and found nothing. Literally I must have farmed it solidly for about 13 hours and no sign. It is quite frustrating.

Floating
07-21-2012, 09:31 AM
i FARMed Undead for 8 hours in a row before it dropped. A pain in the but "."

SexyIsland
07-21-2012, 11:55 AM
I got mines while running with one of my guild mates and when a third person entered the zone on about the 10th-11th Run. BAM!!! I got it.

kluu
07-21-2012, 01:31 PM
Is it just me, or is this mask stupid rare? Its proly just me cos a friend got it in ten runs. Although that was during the first day it came out. I wonder if a limited release vanity should be so rare. A permanent drop ok, but a few week only vanity?

I agree with this. For a LIMITED time drop it shouldn't be this rare. Perm drops I can see as being ultra rare. I have tried farming for ANY masks to no avail. At least I'm not alone lmao. What it does do however is flood the market with pinks and shards that have become almost worthless now.

Popular
07-21-2012, 01:48 PM
I agree..
many people haven't even seen the mask yet...
I saw the mask only 2 times in-game (floating and ka...whatever)

I have also been farming for days but no luck at All :(

Lady_Pebbles
07-21-2012, 02:02 PM
I've spent hella gold on elixirs and when I found out that theres a slim to none chance it'll reroll to a vanity (dev stated this in another thread), I said eff you to elixirs and decided to give up on the vanities. Now, Im just farming gold. Screw it.

The only one that dropped was Eagle on the 2/3rd day of the event (which makes me wonder... Why are the drop rates lowered as the event comes to a close?!?! Makes no sense). It wasn't even a reroll, it dropped naturally. Should've known then that elixirs are a waste of time. Especially since they nerfed elixirs before the event. 12k gold elixir had a 35% luck, now that percentage is in the 20plat combo. Which makes the gold elixirs worthless when it comes to vanities. Great for pinks though (bleh!).

I also think its stupid to have these drop on certain maps. All vans should have a chance to drop on all maps imo. Whats the point of having them on certain maps if they're not gonna tell us which maps they drop from? People be lieing about where they were dropped too. Its like searching for a needle in a hay stack that was tossed in a random farm. Smh.

@Float: You told me you bought the Undead Mask. O.o

Ihavenokills
07-21-2012, 02:14 PM
i ran 4 times with island one day for the fun of it and got a mask drop haha XD

Floating
07-21-2012, 02:27 PM

T.T proooof T.T

Ihavenokills
07-21-2012, 02:34 PM
T.T proooof T.T

ask her lol got it first run + a pink from boss as well. was weird. no lix

kluu
07-21-2012, 02:35 PM
its like urban legends status.. someone heard from someone that its here.. then u start to wonder if ur farming the wrong map the whole time.. for something thats limited time plus being rare plus only on certain maps that no one knows where they actually drop, plus people "lying" about where... this is ridiculous.. the devs should reward those who spend time farming to increase chances.. the more u farm the chances of dropping increase.. like some sort of counter to let the system know that u farmed this map Xtimes and when u get to a certain threshold the drop rate increases a little bit.

HunterSLAYER
07-21-2012, 02:37 PM
I agree with this. For a LIMITED time drop it shouldn't be this rare. Perm drops I can see as being ultra rare. I have tried farming for ANY masks to no avail. At least I'm not alone lmao. What it does do however is flood the market with pinks and shards that have become almost worthless now.

These event vanities should drop just like those in the SL Infested deck event.

Sry for off topic-just an example.

Sent from the UCS Blackstar Infested deck!

SexyIsland
07-21-2012, 02:41 PM

So true I was happy for you

SexyIsland
07-21-2012, 02:50 PM
T.T proooof T.T

ask her lol got it first run + a pink from boss as well. was weird. no lix

So true Ran with him on four random runs. On one he got a Legendary Gem and right after that he got mask!!! I was like O.o woah and no lix.

Ihavenokills
07-21-2012, 02:54 PM
i dont get it. its rare for a reason but when people don't get the rare drop they say its too rare and they need to increase the chances for drop. its all based on random algorithms. RANDOM. some people get it and some people don't. If nobody got the drop during the week time then yeah, thats a bit overboard on the chances. but there actually are people getting them and i've seen a few walking around with it.

Popular
07-21-2012, 03:09 PM
i dont get it. its rare for a reason but when people don't get the rare drop they say its too rare and they need to increase the chances for drop. its all based on random algorithms. RANDOM. some people get it and some people don't. If nobody got the drop during the week time then yeah, thats a bit overboard on the chances. but there actually are people getting them and i've seen a few walking around with it.

Thing is, the majority of people that have done the map over hundreads of time have not received the mask...

Taaralatie
07-21-2012, 03:17 PM
I think what we are trying to say is that there is a fine line between searching for something which is hard to get, challenging but ultimately rewarding and searching for something which is nigh on impossible and frustrating. A small tweak as Carapace suggested might happen and we may see some smiley faces. There are a lot of people dedicating huge amounts of time farming and it would be a shame if people were put off totally from this and future endeavours because they felt the game was unrewarding. Challenging yes...impossible no.

monarchival
07-21-2012, 03:35 PM

I wonder if u would feel the same if u spent all ur free time and spent 200k in elixers farming this and didnt get it. As opposed to ran four times and got it.

Floating
07-21-2012, 03:40 PM
So true Ran with him on four random runs. On one he got a Legendary Gem and right after that he got mask!!! I was like O.o woah and no lix.

Haha nice XD COuldn beleive it :P

Lady_Pebbles
07-21-2012, 03:47 PM
its like urban legends status.. someone heard from someone that its here.. then u start to wonder if ur farming the wrong map the whole time.. for something thats limited time plus being rare plus only on certain maps that no one knows where they actually drop, plus people "lying" about where... this is ridiculous.. the devs should reward those who spend time farming to increase chances.. the more u farm the chances of dropping increase.. like some sort of counter to let the system know that u farmed this map Xtimes and when u get to a certain threshold the drop rate increases a little bit.

This would actually be perfect. It makes sense to reward the people making the most efforts to get the drops. Right now, the drop system seems to be all booty backwards... I mean come on, supposeably lower level players have gotten Gamer Sets to drop too. It makes no sense! Unless they're alts. O.o

mafiainc42
07-21-2012, 03:52 PM
45hours strong here peeps ill refrain from what i feel about it cuz i tend to forget these forums are todller made

Ihavenokills
07-21-2012, 04:23 PM
I wonder if u would feel the same if u spent all ur free time and spent 200k in elixers farming this and didnt get it. As opposed to ran four times and got it.

i didn't get it. i got the eagle one

also i know how it feels. ive spent hours/days on a search for an xray drop on SL and didnt even get a vanity drop at all.

kluu
07-21-2012, 04:35 PM
This would actually be perfect. It makes sense to reward the people making the most efforts to get the drops. Right now, the drop system seems to be all booty backwards... I mean come on, supposeably lower level players have gotten Gamer Sets to drop too. It makes no sense! Unless they're alts. O.o

not only would it reward players who actually put time into it, this would help balance the market. instead of having a crap load of shards and pink items from the same maps that become totally worthless due to everyone farming the same things. things like this cause everything to be soooo out of balance that it takes away from the game imo.

monarchival
07-21-2012, 04:39 PM
i didn't get it. i got the eagle one

also i know how it feels. ive spent hours/days on a search for an xray drop on SL and didnt even get a vanity drop at all.

Oh, i thought it was an undead drop. I see ur point about algorythms and such, but at some point after endless runs it should drop. And since its a limited time drop, it shouldnt be so hard to get imo.

Lady_Pebbles
07-21-2012, 05:51 PM

not only would it reward players who actually put time into it, this would help balance the market. instead of having a crap load of shards and pink items from the same maps that become totally worthless due to everyone farming the same things. things like this cause everything to be soooo out of balance that it takes away from the game imo.
I completely agree with you. I hope future events will be much more fun and rewarding in the right way.

A friend of mine got a second drop today and gifted the mask to me. Even though Im grateful, Im still irritated at the fact that I've been farming for hours a day and still no drop. Smh. Hell Im still farming it in hope I get it to drop.

bronislav84
07-21-2012, 07:54 PM
I've done Dead End all day since I was told undead drops here. I'm actually getting slightly rich just selling the greens and whites cause it costs me nothing to run it with the event buff.

The drop rate is too low I agree.

Mrsberry
07-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Ive been farming for hours every day since the event started spent large amount of gold on elixirs have not even got one vanity.
Very frustrating.

kluu
07-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Ive been farming for hours every day since the event started spent large amount of gold on elixirs have not even got one vanity.
Very frustrating.

same here! i even fell asleep a couple times in front of my laptop while the hoards killed me...

Takezaki
07-22-2012, 02:26 AM
Wow I seriously must be extremely lucky.

Antlers dropped for me on the 8th or 9th dead end run.

I used 12k Elixirs and I got it playing multiplayer also..

Good news is : I will be selling them. Contact me in private.

monarchival
07-22-2012, 03:21 AM
Its starting to sound like if u dont get it in the first hr or so, forget about it...lol

Sorcererssoul
07-22-2012, 03:28 AM
It's not only the Antlers either anymore.
I've been running for snake mask for 2 days pretty hardcore and without any luck.
A friend of me got very lucky and 2 snakes in 30 minutes, I was running the same map afterwards for hours without luck.
I understand that these vanities should be exclusive but there also is something called ''too exclusive''.
But this way we do get occupied, right? =P

YuNoEatBeaRs
07-22-2012, 03:36 AM
Got the same issue here, i do understand the concept of "luck" and "exclusive" but i do also believe that efforts, hardcore efforts, should and must be rewarded, i'd really love if they made it that u get a vanity drop every say 100-150 run of maps that drop said vanity, hell i could even do with 200 runs, i know it sounds stupid doing that many runs, but at least i know that there's something at the end of that tunnel.

Takezaki
07-22-2012, 03:49 AM

HunterSLAYER
07-22-2012, 07:00 AM

That pic is going to make hardcore farmers really jealous/MAD. LOL.

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

Takezaki
07-22-2012, 07:05 AM
Yeah I don't farm much... Apologies.

mafiainc42
07-22-2012, 08:58 AM
i even fell asleep a couple times in front of my laptop while the hoards killed me...

My type of gamer.

Lady_Pebbles
07-22-2012, 11:52 AM
i even fell asleep a couple times in front of my laptop while the hoards killed me...
Lmao we were talking about that in game last night. This happens to me sometimes too. Smh.

Taaralatie
07-22-2012, 12:16 PM
same here! i even fell asleep a couple times in front of my laptop while the hoards killed me...

This I do most days...around 2pm then again at 2am! Nothing beats that feeling you get after the first time you nod off when you shake yourself awake and think nah..I'm good for an hour or so, only to wake up 10 mins later dead on the floor with the revive screen up and drool on your tablet. The mark of a dedicated farmer imo!

Carapace
07-22-2012, 03:39 PM
For clarification The Undead Mask will remain in the game once the event is over, but it will no longer drop in the world for people to find. All of the masks that drop will be the only ones on the server once the event is over and still be able to be worn, traded and sold. :vsmile:

octavos
07-22-2012, 04:26 PM
For clarification The Undead Mask will remain in the game once the event is over, but it will no longer drop in the world for people to find. All of the masks that drop will be the only ones on the server once the event is over and still be able to be worn, traded and sold. :vsmile:

Umm, maybe if it was a bit lenient like SL event. an event will be a bit more enjoyable since events are limated time. But not as often tho (can I buy them, with plat and never sell or trade them?)...since they will never be re-released and it cant be rerolled like gems....will there be a variation of these down the road? since this thread has gone for a few pages (it is a big concern). but I do understand the idea of this event. We all want it..but these require time I don't have (sl and pl events)..but I do have plat XD

kluu
07-22-2012, 06:37 PM
update.. still farming.. still NOT ONE VANITY DROP

Nkasssassin
07-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Siiiiigh it is too rare ..i mean TOO TOO RARE, I spent over 300k of elixirs no luck ... Well im guna keep trying till the last min of event!!!!!!!!! MEOW >:)

TorvaSicarius
07-22-2012, 07:54 PM
I like things being difficult to find and everything, it makes it fun when you finally find it, but I'm starting to think finding vanity mask is impossible, I've been farming for one of the bird mask since the event started and got nothing, not seen a single vanity drop from minions or anything, my friends have found some of the mask so I know they are out there somewhere but it's just near unbelievably I'll find one. I've tried using the elixirs but I've used most of my money on them, and I'm not to willing to spend more money on them, when all i find with elixirs is fire shards and blood blossoms, my friend even had to give me a purified fire shard for me to create my fire star because I ended up with like 11 fire shards and 16 blood blossoms just searching for a mask to drop. Has anyone heard anything more about them making it easier to find or anything at all about them?

wmwmw
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
i gave up :)

Late
07-22-2012, 09:05 PM
Siiiiigh it is too rare ..i mean TOO TOO RARE, I spent over 300k of elixirs no luck ... Well im guna keep trying till the last min of event!!!!!!!!! MEOW >:)
Don't use elixier Errol's to gems

mafiainc42
07-23-2012, 12:03 AM
This I do most days...around 2pm then again at 2am! Nothing beats that feeling you get after the first time you nod off when you shake yourself awake and think nah..I'm good for an hour or so, only to wake up 10 mins later dead on the floor with the revive screen up and drool on your tablet. The mark of a dedicated farmer imo!

This is why Gospel has been on time out, dumb guy feel asleep at the helm.

Floating
07-23-2012, 12:31 AM

What about me sleeping while playing CTF sometimes T.T And finding zombies killed me ...

monarchival
07-23-2012, 02:14 AM

I understand the mask itself is permanent. I mean an item that drops for a limited time i feel should not be as difficult for most of us to get. I say most of us cos if i run into another under 10k pve kill person who says they got the mask in under ten runs.....
Why do i get the feeling this is a teaser for the mask to show up on dotd for x amount of plat.

Xaphan Fox
07-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Permanent drops should be rare.
Limited time drops should be attainable in, let's say, 10 hours of investment.
The rarity of this drop I feel is bad form.

Poor spirited.

I don't mind farming an x ray for months, but if I don't find this before the event concludes, after 80k + kills, I will freak.

Sadwoof

octavos
07-23-2012, 10:18 AM
Permanent drops should be rare.
Limited time drops should be attainable in, let's say, 10 hours of investment.
The rarity of this drop I feel is bad form.

Poor spirited.

I don't mind farming an x ray for months, but if I don't find this before the event concludes, after 80k + kills, I will freak.

Sadwoof

Amen!

Carapace
07-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Looking through the information gathered over the weekend and all of last week I will be bumping the drop rate on Undead a bit. It will still be rare, but not as incredibly rare as before. This should be patched out in the next day or two with the next update.

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 10:57 AM
nooooo!!!! that not fair now took me a while to get my. now people start crying about it and now your forces to change drop rate. this is very unfair for someone like me that did hole a lot of run

octavos
07-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Looking through the information gathered over the weekend and all of last week I will be bumping the drop rate on Undead a bit. It will still be rare, but not as incredibly rare as before. This should be patched out in the next day or two with the next update.

thank you..im sure this will help the majority looking for these :D so when the event ends...then ppl can sell and make money...if they want to

Sam_Arah
07-23-2012, 11:03 AM
nooooo!!!!

lol, I told you to sell yours last night while you were posing for camera

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 11:07 AM
man next time they do a event for vanity and it rare to im just going to wait for a update so it make it easier

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 11:19 AM
Im going to cry about set then there to hard to get update bump up drop rate please

mafiainc42
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
Even though I bought mine im glad to here this only because this is a event. Keep the gamer set rare.

bronislav84
07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Looking through the information gathered over the weekend and all of last week I will be bumping the drop rate on Undead a bit. It will still be rare, but not as incredibly rare as before. This should be patched out in the next day or two with the next update.Thank you!

We'll if I don't get it at least I have the Solstice pack that has a similar plat mask in it.

sun light
07-23-2012, 12:49 PM
this isnt fair. i just got one for my kinda 27k killing mobs! and yea. i almost left the game cos of it lol
yea.. most of ppl is getting it from 100+ runs, my friend got it for 20k kills.
so if ill cry ull get me better rolse?? no.. ull say hi.. that what super rare mean!
not all ppl can get it. and thats fine..
my peronal roles is suck. i know it. cos ive also got 2 pink from the boss (remind u 27k kills ) lol (when i didnt use elixirs...)
but when ive got it? i was proud to see that im UNIQ for my efforts.
myb we all cry a river for gamers vanity and made them common like greens drop and make that game easy to farm.
undead mask is for hardcore player that will farm 25k mobs on dead end map.
if u wont that kind of player? u can always use snake and eagle mask!
i wonder how much all those crying players farmd for it... 5k mobs? 2 hours? 4 hours?
if u farm 30k mobs in dead end map and u didnt get it? so yea.. u right and u can have my mask! but u didnt! u think all items should be easy to get like pinks boss drops.
im sorry to tell u, but it doesnt need to be like that.
im sorry for my faeming if ull make it easier... and it wony farm for gamer vanity too.. what for? ill just wait for the crying ppl that will make the farm easy for me.

Flowman
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
^ ??????????????

bronislav84
07-23-2012, 12:59 PM
I can't believe people are complaining that the mask will actually be obtainable easier. Hello? Fair is more people getting it.

HunterSLAYER
07-23-2012, 01:02 PM
nooooo!!!! that not fair now took me a while to get my. now people start crying about it and now your forces to change drop rate. this is very unfair for someone like me that did hole a lot of run

Quit whining.
Deal with it.

Sent from The Vular Hive! XD

Rolocoaster
07-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Ive farmed 35k plus kills in dead eand still havent got anything

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Right and all the people that are here that don't have the mask what are they doing again ?

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
I can't believe people are complaining that the mask will actually be obtainable easier. Hello? Fair is more people getting it.

So they shouldn't call it rare then if everyone gets one

sun light
07-23-2012, 01:27 PM
what r u complaning?
u have a chance to be rich ppl, by farming that mask and sell it for 2 mil gold...
if that mast will be easy to get ppl will buy it for 100k lol
farm solo on dead end mask no elixirs and ull get that one too...

octavos
07-23-2012, 01:28 PM
what r u complaning?
u have a chance to be rich ppl, by farming that mask and sell it for 2 mil gold...
if that mast will be easy to get ppl will buy it for 100k lol
farm solo on dead end mask no elixirs and ull get that one too...

its not being rich thats the key...is having a fun event that the majority loves.
that means if ppl can get a few undead masks, after the event is up...you have an extra one you can sell..and still keep one for yourself.

Xaphan Fox
07-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Relax people. Limited time events are fun things for EVERYONE TO ENJOY. Things that always drop, leave them super rare. We can always farm them and put the time in.

This event is 2 something weeks long. It's something fun for the community. The vanity shouldn't be a hand out, but anyone who wants one should be able to get one.

Think x ray vs the infested event vanity in SL. It wasn't about you getting your precious coveted item to sell for a million credits. It's an event to liven the community and give people some fun new equipment. The x ray is still around and sooooo much infested vanity dropped, people months from now will be able to get it and join in on our fun for maybe a 3k investment.

Not every item needs to have a 1 in 10,000 drop rate.
This change is the way it should have been initially. It isn't about catering to whiners, so get over yourselves people. Let everyone have some fun too.

Bark bark grrr

Rare
07-23-2012, 01:38 PM
^ ??????????????

I know... my mind hurts

Rare
07-23-2012, 01:43 PM
Relax people. Limited time events are fun things for EVERYONE TO ENJOY. Things that always drop, leave them super rare. We can always farm them and put the time in.

This event is 2 something weeks long. It's something fun for the community. The vanity shouldn't be a hand out, but anyone who wants one should be able to get one.

Think x ray vs the infested event vanity in SL. It wasn't about you getting your precious coveted item to sell for a million credits. It's an event to liven the community and give people some fun new equipment. The x ray is still around and sooooo much infested vanity dropped, people months from now will be able to get it and join in on our fun for maybe a 3k investment.

This change is the way it should have been initially. It isn't about catering to whiners, so get over yourselves people. Let everyone have some fun too.

Bark bark grrr

I have to agree with you here. I am totally onboard with adding very rare item (*cough*GAMERSET*cough*). But limited time event items should not be ultra rare. Not everyone has time to farm 8 hours a day to get 1 or 0 masks.

Come on people, let everyone enjoy this event and stop worrying about how much in game gold its going to cost you. You should be happy that in a few months the masks will not be available and whatever you do have will be very valuable. Its an event. These are not permanent drops. They don't have to be ultra rare to have high value.

Rawrimafish
07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
some people want 1m+ for the thing

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 01:59 PM
Cant get set to rare bump drop rate

Rare
07-23-2012, 02:00 PM
Cant get set to rare bump drop rate

Gamer set? Its ok. Its not going anywhere.

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Not my problem if goes away or stay. I want to get it easy

Flippys
07-23-2012, 02:07 PM

Bark bark grrr

I have to agree with you here. I am totally onboard with adding very rare item (*cough*GAMERSET*cough*). But limited time event items should not be ultra rare. Not everyone has time to farm 8 hours a day to get 1 or 0 masks.

Come on people, let everyone enjoy this event and stop worrying about how much in game gold its going to cost you. You should be happy that in a few months the masks will not be available and whatever you do have will be very valuable. Its an event. These are not permanent drops. They don't have to be ultra rare to have high value.

I mostly agree with the two of you. Rare is rare for a reason. If everyone was able to get one then it would be common. I actually like the current drop rate. Have I found an undead mask? No. Will I stop trying even though I've logged several hundred runs at Dead End? No

I know how you feel. These first 3 months of this game has felt like a Beta Test. And I am really upset about that. I started playing the game on day 1. I enjoyed it. I really like how everything was. So I decided to invest a couple hundred dollars into a game that I liked. Now it feels like I just donated my money away for all the whiners cause they didn't like how this is or that is in the game. And STS, I'm disappointed in you guys that you cater to the whiners. If they don't like your product, they can go find another product to play. Quit hurting the investors that actually are/were happy.

Snakespeare
07-23-2012, 02:10 PM
If you want to increase your chances, buy an elixir. And remember, smash everything and pay attention. Carapace said vanities do not drop off bosses. They drop from anything else, so you must be thorough.

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Elixir don't work

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I mostly agree with the two of you. Rare is rare for a reason. If everyone was able to get one then it would be common. I actually like the current drop rate. Have I found an undead mask? No. Will I stop trying even though I've logged several hundred runs at Dead End? No

I know how you feel. These first 3 months of this game has felt like a Beta Test. And I am really upset about that. I started playing the game on day 1. I enjoyed it. I really like how everything was. So I decided to invest a couple hundred dollars into a game that I liked. Now it feels like I just donated my money away for all the whiners cause they didn't like how this is or that is in the game. And STS, I'm disappointed in you guys that you cater to the whiners. If they don't like your product, they can go find another product to play. Quit hurting the investors that actually are/were happy.

*Clap clap clap clap clap *thank you

Rare
07-23-2012, 02:20 PM
Not my problem if goes away or stay. I want to get it easy

Nobody said anything about making it easy. I don't think it should be easy. But for an event, if I farm for 10 hours and don't see one... well maybe it can be tweaked a little.

Like I said. I would only say this for event drops that are limited time.

I also haven't gotten a single pink gem since the level cap raise, but I don't expect (or want) those rates to be changed.

Rare
07-23-2012, 02:22 PM

I totally get what you are saying here. I think if STS made it as easy to get as the so called "very rare" purified fire shards... then yes, its a problem. But making them a little less rare than they are right now is not going to hurt anyone and the masks will still be rare so that everyone can sell it for insane amounts of money.

Xaphan Fox
07-23-2012, 02:29 PM
Stop calling people who think differently than you whiners. Especially since you are voicing your opposition through whining.
This is sts' game... Not yours.
They will tailor the game to maximze the fun of the most people, not the hardcore I want 10million few.

It isn't the crying majority getting their way, its clients of a company voicing their opinion and sts, being business savy, making the best decisions to make the most people happy.

You calling those who think differently whiners is insulting to the majority of the community who share this game with you. Learn to be a brother and not an economic predator.

Woofles

Snakespeare
07-23-2012, 02:33 PM
Elixir don't work

Didn't Carapace say that elixirs DO work?

Floating
07-23-2012, 02:56 PM

He said the chances to reroll are low to none

bbt1
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
After god knows how many runs finally got one today :)))) the drop itself looked like a tiny purple gem not very easy to see at all would post pics but was on my phone n don't know how but as I've always got it in nw lolololololol guess it dosnt matter good luck!!!!!

Ciroc
07-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Stop calling people who think differently than you whiners. Especially since you are voicing your opposition through whining.
This is sts' game... Not yours.
They will tailor the game to maximze the fun of the most people, not the hardcore I want 10million few.

It isn't the crying majority getting their way, its clients of a company voicing their opinion and sts, being business savy, making the best decisions to make the most people happy.

You calling those who think differently whiners is insulting to the majority of the community who share this game with you. Learn to be a brother and not an economic predator.

Woofles

im not sayin im different then anyone else im just doing what everyone else did make this update happen
and if the majority are whiner then the are just mean they cant get the mask and this is why the update is happening
and im also in the boat of a whiner but on the opposite side cause i work my a$$ for the mask and i dont care about money in the game cause i had two of and i couldve sold it but didint i gave it away. and now come to find out no wait its to hard for some people lets make it a bit easier and please the people that dont have it and the people that did all the work well F U cause you couldve waited

and question do you have the mask?

Carapace
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Seems to be a large backlash on this, so I'm going to clarify a few points to back my decision.

The biggest one for me is that in the passed week, there have been less than 20 dropped on the server in total. There is a rough average of about 1 every 2 days, which by my standards is "too" rare. Please note that when I say I will be bumping the drop rate a little, I do mean a little. My goal is to make the drops go from 1 every day or so into more like 1-2 a day by comparison. It won't be raining masks, and it will still be very rare, but in this context I have data I've been monitoring in order to ensure fairness through the event. In actuality I completely expect to see more posts about the Undead Mask still being too rare once this update is patched out.

On a note regarding the permanent vanities - they have seen even LESS drops than the undead masks, so I'm going to adjust some other things related to them, but not just make them show up more often.

This is a sensitive matter, and understandably so. I can't give exact numbers but suffice to say it's more rare than I originally intended and it will be addressed with a mild bump. In most cases players still won't see many of them. My goal here is to make it feel obtainable and keep it extremely rare, not incredibly rare to the point of non-existence.

I hope this clarifies a little more. While on the surface it seems like this is a reaction to the "whining" on the forums, it is in fact the result of my intentional monitoring of the drops tied to the event on a daily basis since they went live and my personal reflection that this drop is too rare. The two scenarios have met an overlap, and it's been construed as me buckling to the protests.

Thanks for reading guys, let's tone it down a bit now please :vsmile:

Taaralatie
07-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Seems to be a large backlash on this, so I'm going to clarify a few points to back my decision.

The biggest one for me is that in the passed week, there have been less than 20 dropped on the server in total. There is a rough average of about 1 every 2 days, which by my standards is "too" rare. Please note that when I say I will be bumping the drop rate a little, I do mean a little. My goal is to make the drops go from 1 every day or so into more like 1-2 a day by comparison. It won't be raining masks, and it will still be very rare, but in this context I have data I've been monitoring in order to ensure fairness through the event. In actuality I completely expect to see more posts about the Undead Mask still being too rare once this update is patched out.

On a note regarding the permanent vanities - they have seen even LESS drops than the undead masks, so I'm going to adjust some other things related to them, but not just make them show up more often.

This is a sensitive matter, and understandably so. I can't give exact numbers but suffice to say it's more rare than I originally intended and it will be addressed with a mild bump. In most cases players still won't see many of them. My goal here is to make it feel obtainable and keep it extremely rare, not incredibly rare to the point of non-existence.

I hope this clarifies a little more. While on the surface it seems like this is a reaction to the "whining" on the forums, it is in fact the result of my intentional monitoring of the drops tied to the event on a daily basis since they went live and my personal reflection that this drop is too rare. The two scenarios have met an overlap, and it's been construed as me buckling to the protests.

Thanks for reading guys, let's tone it down a bit now please :vsmile:

Thank you for your time, your monitoring of the situation and your clarification. It is very much appreciated.

SexyIsland
07-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Ty Carapace for this valuable info.
And I wanna say to others that, this didn't needed to get to this point. If ya know in SL Xray Visor is a very very rare drop in Numa, Actually being the second level cap campaign with a very rare Vanity. This is our second level cap campaign in DL and finally we get some vanities to drop and and for us to hunt and look what happens.

Now my concern or better yet, why not complaint just like this in SL forums about X-ray Visor. I'm not saying this because I got an Undead Antlers Mask as a drop on the second day of the release of event on my 10th run.
I'm saying it because in SL I've never have gotten a vanity drop until the infested deck and I don't even count that as vanities. Everyone got them. A valuable vanity like X-rays, squid buddy, devours helm or scorn I've never gotten them as a drop. In my sts history, I received a valuable vanity or what I least thought it will be, as a drop in DL and I got so excited and now it's like w.e

I don't call people whiners like others say. All I'm saying is what's the point of naming something rare and making a bit more droppable it will lose market value. Even though gold is easy to get in DL. Some players care about it. Why complaint, cause you haven't gotten something you want and others have.

(I want X-rays, and I'm not complaining about it)
Don't mean to cause any more drama that there is, it's just my opinion. :)

Jugernugetx
07-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Nope. done with this event... ill just stand in town begging for one.

SexyIsland
07-23-2012, 04:00 PM
Lol now they will be a bit more droppable so don't worry juger try again

Lady_Pebbles
07-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Now I know how The Comedian feels when he says "Its a joke man... Its all an effen joke."

Smfh.

Sam_Arah
07-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Mask is very nice ... more people have each day ... thats a good thing.

Nkasssassin
07-23-2012, 09:58 PM
Well yea elixirs do increase chances by tiny bit, but I would suggest not to spend ur money, or gold on them,....for example: I spent over 800k of elixirs no drop of undead whatsoever... >:(

sun light
07-23-2012, 11:19 PM
i didnt heard anyone complain for jepacks event in SL,1000 mobs mission for each took u kinda 3 hours, full set for 9 hours.
why they didnt? cos those jets sold for 2k...
so they could buy it.
idk, i sold my mask. if ull increase the odds that beffer for me. but it still think ist a stupid idea.

WinterKate
07-24-2012, 12:56 AM
Hate isn't the most dangerous thing. Indifference is. We all whine, for all the stupidest reasons one could ever think of. I did whine, about not getting this mask. Carapace said her piece. I am optimistic about it and see it as, the devs are reading everything we're posting here, they're doing what they can to make everyone happy. A little understanding won't hurt. :) Now, let's look for people to sink our fangs into. Imma hella one thirsty vampire. :)

mafiainc42
07-24-2012, 01:48 AM
What they need to do is make the undead mask a rate/exclusive drop. Meaning it its non tradable/sellable but stashable. Of your telling me that only one to two are dropping aday then the ones who already have then the server needs to recognize that players account and not allow that limited time rare/exclusive item to drop for them. So the people who dont have has the opportunity to get one.

sun light
07-24-2012, 02:11 AM
myb instead "luck"events gear they should make all events by numbers, like kill 20k mobs for the mask, (like jetpacks event in SL)
and when u complete that amount ull get that.
that would be nice to everyone. cos they will know how much they have to farm
cos honestly? i thoght im so unlucky and it have bad rolles than everyone else. cos ppl told me that they got it for 100+ runs.. and it did 300 and nothing! haha
luck is dangerous thing to mess with.
cos there will always ppl who wont be happy with theier results.

monarchival
07-24-2012, 02:47 AM
myb instead "luck"events gear they should make all events by numbers, like kill 20k mobs for the mask, (like jetpacks event in SL)
cos honestly? i thoght im so unlucky and it have bad rolles than everyone else. cos ppl told me that they got it for 100+ runs.. and it did 300 and nothing! haha

I like this idea a lot.

sun light
07-24-2012, 04:23 AM

I like this idea a lot.
tnx ;)
i mean only the time limit events,
all rare wanity can stay with chaces drops ;)

Takezaki
07-24-2012, 04:33 AM
No, no and no!!

While I certainly understand your frustration after countless hours of farming, games like this, especially MMORPGs, need rare items.

Rarity is what makes an in-game economy. This game needed this really bad, this is actually the best thing to happen for the game's economy and I hope they continue adding new stuff like that to create a market for this game.

Keep farming, and if you don't get one and the event ends you can always gather your coins and buy one.

Cause after all, once you reached the elite cap and you have everything you want, farming rare items is what will make you continue playing the game. At least it will for me. Some people are just not interested in PvP and for those people, farming for such items is the only source of pleasure once there's nothing else to do.

I was very frustrated with this game, and I was quitting, I saw the new update and now I'm happy to be playing again and will continue playing as long as this game offers some thrill like this.

Floating
07-24-2012, 06:20 AM

i have to agree with u Sun. If they did it like this we would be able to get our vanities in the time limits, with some try but not SUCH a hard try. FOr example some people got 40k kills for the mask...

Taaralatie
07-24-2012, 07:35 AM
No, no and no!!

While I certainly understand your frustration after countless hours of farming, games like this, especially MMORPGs, need rare items.

Rarity is what makes an in-game economy. This game needed this really bad, this is actually the best thing to happen for the game's economy and I hope they continue adding new stuff like that to create a market for this game.

Keep farming, and if you don't get one and the event ends you can always gather your coins and buy one.

Cause after all, once you reached the elite cap and you have everything you want, farming rare items is what will make you continue playing the game. At least it will for me. Some people are just not interested in PvP and for those people, farming for such items is the only source of pleasure once there's nothing else to do.

I was very frustrated with this game, and I was quitting, I saw the new update and now I'm happy to be playing again and will continue playing as long as this game offers some thrill like this.

I agree totally with this...we do need to have a reason to login once we have capped. Searching for rare items is a great form of entertainment and I wouldn't want to see this go either. But, time limited events where there are only a handful of masks available in a short space of time are more than frustrating. Watching people get one in a couple of runs where my friends and I have amassed over 40k kills each searching for one is galling but if I know given time I might be able to get one then I will continue the fight. If it is just an event for a lucky few why not make it a lottery where toon names are pulled out of a hat and given masks? I would have far less problem with this. I really really want an undead mask. If I don't get one then so be it, but I need to feel they are at least obtainable or what is the point?

YuNoEatBeaRs
07-24-2012, 07:37 AM

I would agree with that for constant long-term drops, not a limited time drop that's all gonna do for the economy is make 0.1% of the community 5mil richer leaving 99.9% completely unaffected.

The way i see it, events should be "fun", rewarding those that spend time playing during the event, whether they're lucky or not, this event however is more frustrating than fun, when u have to grind for several hours everyday and get nothing just because u don't have luck not for lack of effort, that's abit dump.

Bottom line is, this "event" (so far) made a very very very very small part of the community happy, and left the majority disappointed.

sun light
07-24-2012, 08:08 AM

i have to agree with u Sun. If they did it like this we would be able to get our vanities in the time limits, with some try but not SUCH a hard try. FOr example some people got 40k kills for the mask...
thx for agree with me LOL
as long as jetpack was long, and if u remember the blace ice staff in PL (ice map) that was like 10 hours mission.
u still see the end and u build ure prize! that is nice for limit time events.
i mean, even when they say that the rarest item is for 60k kills? that still be a good idea. cos ppl will know where they come into.
and its not like keeping them in the dark with chances and rolles

Carapace
07-24-2012, 10:45 AM

This is similar to how we have achievements set up in that some reward a title or item (Though not as many offer items at the moment). I like this idea, and may do something similar to it in a future update/campaign update but retro-fitting the idea into something already in the wild will do more harm than good. I will keep it in mind for the future though :vsmile:

StompArtist
07-24-2012, 11:11 AM
Would be nice if this stuff was still plat purchasable. Players can then choose between farming or spending. :D

Carapace
07-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Would be nice if this stuff was still plat purchasable. Players can then choose between farming or spending. :D

For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.

octavos
07-24-2012, 12:22 PM
For this event I don't know if I will put them into a pack or bundle. I feel it cheapens the experience for players that have been spending their time gathering and finding these items, and makes the fact they were farm-able at all a moot point. Curious to hear others thoughts on this.

well, providing options of course....ppl who buy in store cant make money off them, but ppl who farm can. and since this is a limited event...the ones for credits will sell tons more after its over. this is providing benefits greater to ppl who do take the time to farm them...(im jealous because i cant be rich XD)

but as said above a mission for 20k kills is awesome idea. id buy elix to get me there faster. so it's a win/win :D

StompArtist
07-24-2012, 12:24 PM
well, providing options of course....ppl who buy in store cant make money off them, but ppl who farm can. and since this is a limited event...the ones for credits will sell more after its over.

That and I was thinking that the price would be proportional to the effort... so if it's something that takes let's say 20 hours to farm it should cost more than 5 plat... So the farmers get a sense of achievement while the players that do not have this kind of time to dedicate can still use real cash to maintain their proverbial pixel wardrobe. Makes sense?

octavos
07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
That and I was thinking that the price would be proportional to the effort... so if it's something that takes let's say 20 hours to farm it should cost more than 5 plat... So the farmers get a sense of achievement while the players that do not have this kind of time to dedicate can still use real cash to maintain their proverbial pixel wardrobe. Makes sense?

yes exactamundo the plat price should reflect the time involved. I have cash (not credits XD) and zero time....but the farmers makes the game go...so they def should have the better benefit.

P.S.
will put them into a pack or bundle...a pack would be flipin great!!! all 3...but ppl cant make money off them so a re-color maybe silver snake, eagle, and undead have green or blue lights so they they are different then the drooped ones.

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 12:30 PM

I would agree with that for constant long-term drops, not a limited time drop that's all gonna do for the economy is make 0.1% of the community 5mil richer leaving 99.9% completely unaffected.

The way i see it, events should be "fun", rewarding those that spend time playing during the event, whether they're lucky or not, this event however is more frustrating than fun, when u have to grind for several hours everyday and get nothing just because u don't have luck not for lack of effort, that's abit dump.

Bottom line is, this "event" (so far) made a very very very very small part of the community happy, and left the majority disappointed.

100% this. Why is this so hard for you all to grasp.
You still have 3 complete super rare vanity sets to farm to oblivion and sell for millions. Limited time events are for the community to enjoy. The drop rates should be infinitely more lax.

I have 18 million across 3 characters... Money is ridiculously easy to make in this game with very little to spend it on. How much epeen cash do you really need.

The masks should be attainable in 20 hours or so of combined work. Period. Gets people playing the event, and everyone has.fun.

There is plenty of items for the 1% to make millions on. Let the majority of the populace have their fun without whining about us whining.

Woof

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 12:33 PM
Also:
The proposed increase in drop rate isn't good enough.
The devs need to stop being representatives of a company and be gamers again.
See things from our perspective and see that limited time events should promote gameplay, but not be so elite for the few with 8 hours a day to play.

Floating
07-24-2012, 01:15 PM

You should do it in future events and not this one... It would be too bad for people who farmed the vanity hours and hours ( i do not include myself in because i did not )

Carapace
07-24-2012, 01:41 PM
Also:
The proposed increase in drop rate isn't good enough.
The devs need to stop being representatives of a company and be gamers again.
See things from our perspective and see that limited time events should promote gameplay, but not be so elite for the few with 8 hours a day to play.

From that perspective I see 2 masks that are reasonably easy to get a hold of, and a super special mask for the dedicated people who really want to farm, buy, or sell. In my mind's eye I feel this provides for both sides of the fence. There is also the Solstice gem/jewel/star in addition to the masks that are decidedly easy to acquire and are fun in regards to the event, so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.

Lady_Pebbles
07-24-2012, 03:51 PM
From that perspective I see 2 masks that are reasonably easy to get a hold of, and a super special mask for the dedicated people who really want to farm, buy, or sell. In my mind's eye I feel this provides for both sides of the fence. There is also the Solstice gem/jewel/star in addition to the masks that are decidedly easy to acquire and are fun in regards to the event, so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.
I am one of those dedicated people you are talking about and haven't gotten a single Undead Antler Mask to drop since the begining of the event. However, friend was kind enough to give me one. The fact is, it is NOT rewarding those of us who are farming like maniacs for hours a day. There are people logging in and farming for a few hours (4 or 5) and get the drops. Where as people like me who farmed literally twice as many hours nonstop amd -never- got that one mask to drop. Its a huge problem.

The gems and bracelets are fine stat wise (depending on your builds & what you use them for) but the gems have dropped in prices dramaticly! As well as all pinks in general minus the regular level 25 pinks that (because of this event) have a boost in price. Which makes the elixirs useful to get hella pinks but are pretty much worthless for the vanities since you said before theres a "slim to none" chance of getting a vanity through a reroll. All this info came after the fact that we pretty much wasted hella gold on a gold sink that doesn't really help us profit by it. Everyone getting a lot of pinks through elixirs makes the pinks worthless in game, which also makes elixirs worthless. Especially during an event where only two masks have a fair drop rate and the rare one drops only once or twice a day.

Rare
07-24-2012, 03:59 PM
Agree with Thren.

over thirty hours and the only mask I've gotten (eagle) i bought. Farming for undead going on about 20 hours

That should show, in addition to people getting the masks without much effort, that the reward is not indicative of the time you put in.

mafiainc42
07-24-2012, 04:00 PM

dont put them in packs. If people want instant gratification have them download angry birds junp on YouTube watch how everyone 5stars each lvl and then do it for for yourself. I tought i.was playin a mmo. not Dora the explorer the video game.

The undead mask is super rare for a reason I spent way over 40hours farmin and nothing so I bought it. Try playing FF online and farming for mnks black belt items or mnks legacy weapon items then come cry about the undead mask.

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 04:15 PM
everyone seems to forget they gave us a pretty good gem to get very easy and two other mask you can get with sometime and a three one thats hard to get and there a problem. if everyone had the mask then no one would have it one cause the next person has it. they should have just made everything in the event hard to get people got spoiled with the easy gem there thinking the mask have to be to get to. not everything is equal people. you have three not 1 not 2 BUT 3 of the 4 items form the event and its not good though o brother. Everyone forgot the other items in the event people dont even count them. yall are just undead mask and nothing else -__-. yall like thanks for the gem and the two mask but not thanks i dont want that i just want undead mask

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
and i hope everyone here does get a drop of the mask ones at least. then they bump up the rate drop half way for the last day of the event see how yall would act

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
...so the amount of interest hinged on this one mask is most intriguing to me.
Not really a mystery.
You have a snake which is kinda ugly, and am eagle which doesn't have the particle effect of the undead antlered.
Particle effect will trump a mundane vanity anyway.

Also: how many people play this game? 2-3 a day isn't anywhere near the uc marine drops of the recent SL event. Let everyone have their fun. Still plenty of rare drops and vanity elitism to go around.
Trust me... I assure you without hubris, the majority of the community agrees with me and would love the permanent sets to be super rare, and the limited drops be quasi common.

Woof

Rare
07-24-2012, 04:54 PM
and i hope everyone here does get a drop of the mask ones at least. then they bump up the rate drop half way for the last day of the event see how yall would act

It wouldn't bother me. Why would it? I think you're missing the point. You keep saying people ate saying make it easy. I fore one never said that. And i don't think many have.

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Carapace next event just spoil everyone next time with vanity cause everyone got accustom it to and dont like a challenges or something different cause they'll freak out

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 04:57 PM
It wouldn't bother me. Why would it? I think you're missing the point. You keep saying people ate saying make it easy. I fore one never said that. And i don't think many have.

yea you say that now cause you dont have it if you get and then drop go up ill see you here again and plus it will never happen either

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 05:06 PM

dont put them in packs. If people want instant gratification have them download angry birds junp on YouTube watch how everyone 5stars each lvl and then do it for for yourself. I tought i.was playin a mmo. not Dora the explorer the video game.

The undead mask is super rare for a reason I spent way over 40hours farmin and nothing so I bought it. Try playing FF online and farming for mnks black belt items or mnks legacy weapon items then come cry about the undead mask.
This isn't ff11 or lineage or any other like game.

It's a mobile mmo.

If wanted a hardcore gear grind, I can name 15 other nonn-mobile mmo games I could play. I like mobile mmo's cause I can play them for 30 mins at work and get stuff done. I work 3-jobs at 70 hours a week. I fly a 4 million dollar aircraft. I am not 15 playing Everquest at 10 hours a day. I am not 19 playing ff11 for 10 hours a day. I am not 26 and top 5% in the world on WoW anymore. I like getting more for less. It is what I expect out of mobile.

Sorry, but true.
Woof

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM

It's a mobile mmo.

If wanted a hardcore gear grind, I can name 15 other nonn-mobile mmo games I could play. I like mobile mmo's cause I can play them for 30 mins at work and get stuff done. I work 3-jobs at 70 hours a week. I fly a 4 million dollar aircraft. I am not 15 playing Everquest at 10 hours a day. I am not 19 playing ff11 for 10 hours a day. I am not 26 and top 5% in the world on WoW anymore. I like getting more for less. It is what I expect out of mobile.

Sorry, but true.
Woof

but you can curse in a mobile mmo like DL and not in hardcore mmo ummm right . i think you should stick to SL and PL my friend. and you are getting more 3 out 4 items itsnt more

monarchival
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
Ciroc do u ctf? Pls say yes, maybe if i kill u enough times u will drop antlers? :)

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
Ciroc do u ctf? Pls say yes, maybe if i kill u enough times u will drop antlers? :)

that would be great cause then everyone could have a chance to wear someone else mask and your probably one of the people that lock the door anyway

lethalchick
07-24-2012, 05:16 PM
While it is good to have something rare for the hard core, even the hard core are farming all day and can't get one. Based on the drops so far, the bulk of drops are out of luck. The die hards farming all day, putting dozens of hours in, arent the ones getting them.

Flowman
07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
but you can cruse in a mobile mmo like DL and not in hardcore mmo ummm right . i think you should stick to SL and PL my friend. and you are getting more 3 out 4 items itsnt more

....what?

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 05:19 PM
While it is good to have something rare for the hard core, even the hard core are farming all day and can't get one. Based on the drops so far, the bulk of drops are out of luck. The die hards farming all day, putting dozens of hours in, arent the ones getting them.

i have gotten two and im still grinding for more cause its a great challenge to get one

Flowman
07-24-2012, 05:21 PM

I got 36 purified fire shards and not a single mask drop....including eagle/snake....am I doing something wrong? :(

octavos
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
wow, I see this is going south...lets try to keep this friendly folks (I wuv all u guys :P)...we all have our variety of views of how we hope things should work. I wont bring up whos right or whos wrong. All I know is hopefully a benefit to help both sides, because this will cause a bigger flame war after the event is finished.

:ghost:

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 05:23 PM
....what?

curse not cruse lol

Lady_Pebbles
07-24-2012, 05:27 PM

i have gotten two and im still grinding for more cause its a great challenge to get one
Ciroc you don't play the game as often as some of us do and you got two Undead masks drop. Which proves our point luv.

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 05:32 PM
Ciroc you don't play the game as often as some of us do and you got two Undead masks drop. Which proves our point luv.

just cause i got two mask faster then everyone else doesnt mean i didnt grind my as$ off to get two of them and still grind to get other one to give it someone not just to have it. there a feelin you get when something your never might get then bam there its is

Late
07-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Carapace next event just spoil everyone next time with vanity cause everyone got accustom it to and dont like a challenges or something different cause they'll freak out

Nah, make one vanity easy another medium and another hard and finally extremely rare lastly, maybe, near impossible drop

Lady_Pebbles
07-24-2012, 05:52 PM

just cause i got two mask faster then everyone else doesnt mean i didnt grind my as$ off to get two of them and still grind to get other one to give it someone not just to have it
No. It just means you grinded your arse off less than the rest of us -&- our efforts are hella worthless because we grinded way more than you did. Its basicly rewarding people who barely play while the rest who are there daily trying to get it to drop (before the event is over & they are no longer available as drops) are left empty handed. Unless we buy from another player or get them as gifts.

Just because mine was a gift (thanks again, you know who you are... I don't want ya getting spam PMs in game for one lol) doesn't mean I don't want one to drop. Its like I wasted my time for nothing and someone else did the work for me. I am grateful but still, I wish it dropped so I could've earned it instead. Thats just the type of player and person I am. Idk maybe thats just me. *shrugs*

I don't care how many runs I do as long as it drops by a certain amount of time before the event ends, then its worth it. Right now, with only one or two dropping a day it really doesn't make it worth the effort at all. Its like trying to win a lotto thats only running for a month long, making most people's chances ridiculously low. All the money going towards the tickets (gold and elixirs in this case) are just burning a hole in your pocket (cuz the vanities don't seem to drop on a reroll). Smh.

Carapace
07-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Everyone's opinion is valid and I appreciate the feedback, but let's please keep the thread from derailing into a flame war. It's been mostly constructive so far, and I appreciate that. Another thing I wanted to note is that this event is going on for considerably longer than typical events do in PL and SL, which I believe should give most players enough time to farm for the mask.

There will be an announcement post when the Summer Event is coming to an end, but it will be weeks from now. Perhaps the assumption the event is short is playing into the frustration regarding this rare drop?

Carapace
07-24-2012, 06:01 PM
As an update, I can confirm that the drop rate change has had the desired affect. There is a much more reasonable drop rate on a daily basis since the change went in, without blowing it out of proportion. I will continue to monitor it, but for now I'm happy with the number of drops I am seeing.

Lady_Pebbles
07-24-2012, 06:02 PM
The only part the time period plays in this is limiting the time it will take to get one out of the two daily drops it has. If you're going to make an item that rare, make it drop even after the event is over. Just like the 3 new vanities.

Nologicone
07-24-2012, 06:18 PM
ARGHHH!!! I hate the person that won the Mega Lotto....and it's not me...pffff!!! I need my money back from the gahment...

monarchival
07-24-2012, 06:22 PM
Carapace, can u confirm weather or not running in multiplayer or with a full party has any affect on the drop rate?

Flowman
07-24-2012, 06:29 PM
Carapace, can u confirm weather or not running in multiplayer or with a full party has any affect on the drop rate?

It just seems that way with multiplayer because there's more people per game. All drops are independent, but it's 3-4 people or whatever getting drops. It just seems more frequent because it's combining people solo runs into one group.

Carapace
07-24-2012, 06:31 PM

Everyone has their own loot when running in multiplayer, so no it has no effect on your chances to get a drop or someone else's chance to get a drop.

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 06:33 PM
....what?
yeah I dunno...

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 06:54 PM
but you can curse in a mobile mmo like DL and not in hardcore mmo ummm right . i think you should stick to SL and PL my friend. and you are getting more 3 out 4 items itsnt more
I have no clear clue what you mean by this. Of which: 7000 plat purchased, 130k pve kills, excellent K'Dratio pvp without cheesing, millions in gold... I am not a casual player, but can still argue for the casuals cause this is a mobile mmo. STS's own mission statement in the past supports my thoughts. If I have to link their own executives words I can.

..and to the person who made the, "Waaa I am mad I didn't win the lottery" thing:
You have missed the point entirely and have added nothing to the discussion. Kindly go troll another thread. We are having a discussion.

bark bark

Rare
07-24-2012, 07:04 PM
yea you say that now cause you dont have it if you get and then drop go up ill see you here again and plus it will never happen either

No, I'm just not into the elitism. And not really concerned with making a bazillion gold either.

And if I farm for twenty hours on the map where it drops, I expect it to drop. We ARE talking about a limited time item here.

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 07:11 PM

It's a mobile mmo. you took it way to literal its on chrome now which is mean it on PC

If wanted a hardcore gear grind, I can name 15 other nonn-mobile mmo games I could play what your saying Dl is not a hardcore mmo but they have pvp which is not casual at all and cursing which most Pc mmo and you cant do . I like mobile mmo's cause I can play them for 30 mins at work and get stuff done. i get it thats that cool thats why there two other mask you can get.I work 3-jobs at 70 hours a week. I fly a 4 million dollar aircraft. I am not 15 playing Everquest at 10 hours a day. I am not 19 playing ff11 for 10 hours a day. I am not 26 and top 5% in the world on WoW anymore this part was just unnecessary guess it was to show your better then others i dont what this was for whatever. I like getting more for less. It is what I expect out of mobile.

Sorry, but true.
Woof

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 07:16 PM
No, I'm just not into the elitism. And not really concerned with making a bazillion gold either.

And if I farm for twenty hours on the map where it drops, I expect it to drop. We ARE talking about a limited time item here.

im not either and i dont care about gold either.
well thats how they made it dont know what to tell you

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 07:23 PM

^ this.

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 07:36 PM
this part was just unnecessary guess it was to show your better then others i dont what this was for whatever.
I am saying that past/present I am not a casual player, yet at the same time, I am busy busy and can appreciate a more casual atmosphere in a limited time event.
I am saying I see/am a part of both sides of the equation. I am making up my mind off of a very broad perspective. I can appreciate elite hardcore rare things, I just don't think it should exist in a limited time event on a mobile platform.
bark bark

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 07:37 PM
it not just on mobile anymore tho it on PC and tablet and most people get wifi tablets anyway so ur really not going anywhere. ur taking the word mobile above and beyond literal

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 07:42 PM
It is a light, diet, one calorie, less filling tastes great game. Mobile at heart. Regardless if it is playable on chrome also or not. Compare Diablo3 to any STS property. It is a different style of game, limited by a different kind of software/hardware tech, geared twords a much more, "pick up and go and get things accomplished in shorter single servings" kind of crowd.

That is from STS' own mouth. A limited time event that has something so rare is against the game theory STS has said they are going for. It is why I bring this up to begin with. I am not gonna slam Diablo 3 forums about how rare things are cause I know what I am getting when I play that game.
I thought I knew what this game was geared towards, which is why I say anything. I may be wrong. Who knows...

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 07:47 PM
i see what your say. you cant always believe what they say. thing change every minute

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 07:48 PM
"Spacetime Studios summarized the challenges creating a mobile mmo that was restricted by hardware power, bandwidth over EDGE, small display size, touch controls for user input, wide appeal to a casual userbase for whom games would be a secondary consideration, significantly reduced gaming sessions ranging from 5–10 minutes and a bottom-line of highly consistent levels of performance, underpinning an active and responsive core gameplay experience with scope in future design that allowed for organic growth"
Attained from:
http://www.develop-online.net/features/1115/Massively-multiplayer-lessons
http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10/10/gdc-online-2010-spacetime-studios-cinco-barnes-talks-mobile-de/

Ciroc
07-24-2012, 07:50 PM
at the end of the day there a company say one do other or they just feel like doing something different. for all we know they can make a shooter next game.

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
Well I can only go by what they say. And until I get an official statement to the contrary, I expect a super ultra rare limited time item to not exist, at all.
And when I can site sources from developers own mouths, I expect to not have anyone from the community come down on me as if I am some, "I want everything for free" kinda person.
Pretty simple.

bark bark

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 07:54 PM
In other news...
This Double Decker Taco Supreme from Taco bell with a Dorito Shell substituted for the traditional corn crunchy shell is amazing...

Rare
07-24-2012, 07:55 PM
im not either and i dont care about gold either.
well thats how they made it dont know what to tell you

It ok. I wasnt asking for input. Just stating my opinions on my experience. Congrats on looting two of them. Hope i can get one before its over.

Don't know how much more my wife is going to take though lol.

Rare
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM
In other news...
This Double Decker Taco Supreme from Taco bell with a Dorito Shell substituted for the traditional corn crunchy shell is amazing...

OMG!!! Honestly, the double Decker is the only thing i like. I know, blasphemy. But now with dorito?? Damn this carb diet.

Xaphan Fox
07-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Gotta ask them to replace that corn shell with the dorito one. It adds 30 cents to the cost. So damn worth it

Iron Hand
07-24-2012, 08:27 PM
I like turltles

Iron Hand
07-24-2012, 08:29 PM
Actually nw hungry.. taco bell beef gorditos supremes here i come.. wash down with BEER!

Iron Hand
07-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Hmmm... Nachos bell grande with doritos chips ... SUCCESS! (Taco flavoor of course ... :) )

Tor
07-24-2012, 10:03 PM
Hmm... to weigh in briefly... first off... omg people is writing in basic comprehensible English really such a chore? Holy crap half the posts are completely unintelligible. Maybe read a book or something instead of farming game vanities. Cripes.

The whole Summer Solstice Event was a cool idea. I like all the innovations like the Nightly Rewards and the Solstice shards / Fire Stars. I think Cara has been awesome. Thanks for all your hard work Cara! I see a lot of feedback has been very quickly implemented.

On the mask vanities... I also started farming at the 2d day of event and farmed about 3-4 hours daily this entire week without getting single vanity. Every time I'm in town I see more and more avatars with masks, it gets pretty frustrating spending... let me see... 20+ hours in a game (that is a TON of "productive" time blown if you think about it) for a virtual item with a nominal value of mere pennies... and then _not_ to get one. This farm has been about 17K kills... so average of 50 bad guys per map, that makes over 300 maps run... with no vanity drop. Sorry, that's not "hard".... that's almost like Mission Impossible. I was clearing my inventory last night and by mistake hit "mask" button on menu and to my surprise saw Eagle Mask in my inventory. I never saw it drop... never saw notice... but there it was. I think one of the drawbacks of mob drops, especially on small screen is there's a lot of stuff going on; if you're trying to do maps faster you miss a drop even when you get it. Wow. So feel a bit vindicated for the 20+ hours I spent running maps. But not by much. To be honest... yesterday I was cussing almost every run and on the verge of saying the adult version of "screw this" when I cleared my inventory... close call there STS.

I think a better system would be to maintain the standard "rare" chance for average runs by players, but to increase the drop rate for players with say, more than certain number of kills or something. I do agree just "handing out" vanities is a bit lame. There's a lvl 26 handout already, the Fire jewels are nice handouts. Almost within few days of starting Fire jewels almost all lvl 20s players were wearing them. There are Nightly Rewards. So plenty of handouts. So having "rare" playable items is a great concept. But there is a fine line farming for items between "hard" and "impossible." The fine line is crossed when you have dedicated players switch from being challenged to cussing at their game after spending 5-6 days straight without any light at the end of the tunnel. If that Eagle Mask had not mysteriously materialized in my inventory I would just go back to doing something more productive than hide in Dark Legends in my down time.

And for those of you beating up on people giving feedback... you're not getting it. This is not Ranger School. Or the Bar Examination. Or Series 6 licensing exam. Or Olympic tryouts. It's a GAME. For every one person who will spend real world dollars on the game, STS needs at least 100 people to try the game. If among those 100 people STS cannot entice even 10 people to stay and play... they won't even be able to build the number of paying customers. I agree paying customers _should_ be able to enjoy the nicer vanities and rare items, but at the same time STS _has_ to cater to nonpaying customers to convince them the game is _worth_ their hard earned real world dollars. Most hardcore paying customers start as people just trying out the product and becoming convinced over time they like it enough to spend money on it. I played PL for about 2 months before I started spending money on vanities, but by then I thought it was worth it. Same for DL. First you try, then you buy. If you can't understand that, you don't understand much.

Eniscehy
07-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Hmm... to weigh in briefly... first off... omg people is writing in basic comprehensible English really such a chore? Holy crap half the posts are completely unintelligible. Maybe read a book or something instead of farming game vanities. Cripes.

The whole Summer Solstice Event was a cool idea. I like all the innovations like the Nightly Rewards and the Solstice shards / Fire Stars. I think Cara has been awesome. Thanks for all your hard work Cara! I see a lot of feedback has been very quickly implemented.

On the mask vanities... I also started farming at the 2d day of event and farmed about 3-4 hours daily this entire week without getting single vanity. Every time I'm in town I see more and more avatars with masks, it gets pretty frustrating spending... let me see... 20+ hours in a game (that is a TON of "productive" time blown if you think about it) for a virtual item with a nominal value of mere pennies... and then _not_ to get one. This farm has been about 17K kills... so average of 50 bad guys per map, that makes over 300 maps run... with no vanity drop. Sorry, that's not "hard".... that's almost like Mission Impossible. I was clearing my inventory last night and by mistake hit "mask" button on menu and to my surprise saw Eagle Mask in my inventory. I never saw it drop... never saw notice... but there it was. I think one of the drawbacks of mob drops, especially on small screen is there's a lot of stuff going on; if you're trying to do maps faster you miss a drop even when you get it. Wow. So feel a bit vindicated for the 20+ hours I spent running maps. But not by much. To be honest... yesterday I was cussing almost every run and on the verge of saying the adult version of "screw this" when I cleared my inventory... close call there STS.

I think a better system would be to maintain the standard "rare" chance for average runs by players, but to increase the drop rate for players with say, more than certain number of kills or something. I do agree just "handing out" vanities is a bit lame. There's a lvl 26 handout already, the Fire jewels are nice handouts. Almost within few days of starting Fire jewels almost all lvl 20s players were wearing them. There are Nightly Rewards. So plenty of handouts. So having "rare" playable items is a great concept. But there is a fine line farming for items between "hard" and "impossible." The fine line is crossed when you have dedicated players switch from being challenged to cussing at their game after spending 5-6 days straight without any light at the end of the tunnel. If that Eagle Mask had not mysteriously materialized in my inventory I would just go back to doing something more productive than hide in Dark Legends in my down time.

And for those of you beating up on people giving feedback... you're not getting it. This is not Ranger School. Or the Bar Examination. Or Series 6 licensing exam. Or Olympic tryouts. It's a GAME. For every one person who will spend real world dollars on the game, STS needs at least 100 people to try the game. If among those 100 people STS cannot entice even 10 people to stay and play... they won't even be able to build the number of paying customers. I agree paying customers _should_ be able to enjoy the nicer vanities and rare items, but at the same time STS _has_ to cater to nonpaying customers to convince them the game is _worth_ their hard earned real world dollars. Most hardcore paying customers start as people just trying out the product and becoming convinced over time they like it enough to spend money on it. I played PL for about 2 months before I started spending money on vanities, but by then I thought it was worth it. Same for DL. First you try, then you buy. If you can't understand that, you don't understand much.

Amen

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Eniscehy
07-25-2012, 12:38 AM
I have spent at least a minimum of like Idk, 100 hours looking for a dumb little mask that probably took no more than 10 mins to code and create in a 3d drafting program. I have paid this company over literal hundreds of dollars. This is so ticking me off...

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Wretch
07-25-2012, 12:58 AM
My 2 plat... And all I am saying on this matter.

I garontee that it took more than 10 minutes to create the afore mentioned vanity. Especially with the glowing and smoke..

Yes it is STS's decision to do what they will, so far I have yet to see anything myself personally in any way shape or form "shady business"! Yes! They do cater to the people that spend money! That's what a business is!

They are so much greater of a business IMHO for allowing EVERYONE!!! To have full access to the basic game!

I think the drop rate is just fine! Coming from a casual player that in the big perspective has spent minimal money, and does not have the specific vanity, says a lot to me.

Disagree with me if you will! I doubt I will get it, you know what? It doesn't matter!

Bottom line.....

I still have fun playing and have met some awesome people, and made even greater friends!
( yes Jojo they were all in there lol )

Xaphan Fox
07-25-2012, 01:05 AM
They are so much greater of a business IMHO for allowing EVERYONE!!! To have full access to the basic game!
Lol STS isn't some benevolent company cause they gave us a free game. It is the carrot. The medium in which they hook people to spend money.

Takezaki
07-25-2012, 01:08 AM
The real issue here I think is people feeling entitled to getting every item in the game. Its a rare vanity, it's a privilege and a very rare one at that, not a right. If you don't agree with the drop rate, stop farming.

markell110
07-25-2012, 01:27 AM
thats olaf from league of legends i play that im lvl 30 my fav char is ez!!!!!!

Nologicone
07-25-2012, 02:38 AM
I have no clear clue what you mean by this. Of which: 7000 plat purchased, 130k pve kills, excellent K'Dratio pvp without cheesing, millions in gold... I am not a casual player, but can still argue for the casuals cause this is a mobile mmo. STS's own mission statement in the past supports my thoughts. If I have to link their own executives words I can.

..and to the person who made the, "Waaa I am mad I didn't win the lottery" thing:
You have missed the point entirely and have added nothing to the discussion. Kindly go troll another thread. We are having a discussion.

bark bark

Let me troll this further then :)

Getting Undead Antler Mask = luck.

"Winning the lottery thing" = luck.

I do not see how I am missing the point entirely, other than not seeing in your point of view. It is common to have polar opinions in a discussion, otherwise it will be known as an announcement. Maybe the way I word my post came across as a rant, sorry that it irk you, I was just trying to lighten the atmosphere. Understandably that maybe you had put in a great amount of effort towards getting the Undead Antler Mask, just as there are people who had been buying lottery tickets regularly but will never win the big pot.

Since the drop rate had been adjusted, I am happy for my in game friends who since managed to farm the rare vanity mask. Thanks Caparace for making more happy players!

Hope you get yours soon and hopefully one day I may also get a chance to strike the lottery.

Taaralatie
07-25-2012, 03:12 AM
The real issue here I think is people feeling entitled to getting every item in the game. Its a rare vanity, it's a privilege and a very rare one at that, not a right. If you don't agree with the drop rate, stop farming.

That is not what this thread was about. Monarchival asked the question is the drop rate too low. No one expected to have the vanity handed to them on a plate. Monarchival and myself were definitely not crying because we didn't have the mask. The thread was made to bring attention to the devs that it appeared the drop rate was too low. Carapace was already looking into this and has responded swiftly by examining his own investigations and listening to feedback. The drop rate was altered slightly and we are grateful. In my opinion, the thread has achieved its goal. The matter is resolved and it is time to leave it all behind and resume farming. Good luck to you all and may the odds be ever in your favour!

Takezaki
07-25-2012, 03:26 AM
Yes and why would you feel it is too low? Because you feel entitled to receiving an undead antlers mask after countless hours of farming..

It's a random, ultra-rare drop.

Somebody brought up an interesting point, that's like saying it's too hard to win the lottery because you bought 10 tickets everyday for the past 10 years.

Taaralatie
07-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Yes and why would you feel it is too low? Because you feel entitled to receiving an undead antlers mask after countless hours of farming..

It's a random, ultra-rare drop.

Somebody brought up an interesting point, that's like saying it's too hard to win the lottery because you bought 10 tickets everyday for the past 10 years.

I do not believe I am entitled to anything. Far from it. I have been farming along with everyone else. Do you remember when no one could find the elusive Eli Holden? If this had not been brought to devs attention we would all still be searching for something which didn't exist. A question was posed, it was answered. It is time to stop crying about it and move on now. You appear to be deliberately trying to exasperate the situation and turn this thread into a flame war. It is done with now. That's my final word on it.
Over and out.

Takezaki
07-25-2012, 04:48 AM
In all fairness I am definately not trying to turn this thread into a flame war, I'm just tired of players complaining all the time.

I was done with this game, and these changes they implemented into the game made me stay and continue playing because the excitement was back. Now people are basically trying to get rid or diminish this excitement because they feel wronged.

That's all. I'm done here.

Rare
07-25-2012, 07:50 AM

Or, people can provide their feedback and opinions. I don't see the problem with it. I don't see a line of picketers threatening legal action against the company.

I wonder why so many people have problems with others voicing their opinions. Or "complaining" as you like to call it.

Takezaki
07-25-2012, 08:04 AM
That's politics my friend, because I did not agree with the aforementionned opinions, I just had to voice my disagreement..

And look what happened? They upped the drop rate after said complaints.

Rare
07-25-2012, 08:29 AM
That's politics my friend, because I did not agree with the aforementionned opinions, I just had to voice my disagreement..

And look what happened? They upped the drop rate after said complaints.

Quite minimally. Still 5 or 6 more hours for me after the update and no mask.

Flowman
07-25-2012, 08:29 AM
In all fairness I am definately not trying to turn this thread into a flame war, I'm just tired of players complaining all the time.

I was done with this game, and these changes they implemented into the game made me stay and continue playing because the excitement was back. Now people are basically trying to get rid or diminish this excitement because they feel wronged.

That's all. I'm done here.

Most of the excitement turns into annoyance and relief. Farming is fun for maybe...an hour, and then it just becomes annoying.
Can't blame people for being annoyed with a temporary drop being too rare on a mobile phone game.

Mrsberry
07-25-2012, 09:00 AM
I can agree with both sides of this debate.
I too am one of the people who have grinded for hours upon hours 30k + kills with no results.
I dont think a limited time vanity should be so rare but its too late now to do much about it.
When I do/if I get the vanity I would be very annoyed if at last few days of event drop rate is raised considerably to the point where everone got the mask. That would make all my hard work and hurt hands a waisted effort.

I think right now is what we all need to do is give cars updated a chance and stop debating this issue. The drop rate was just raised yesterday and like car said event will still be going for a considerable amount of time. Time to get our farming boots back on for a few days then decide wether this issue still needs debate.

Rare
07-25-2012, 09:05 AM
I can agree with both sides of this debate.
I too am one of the people who have grinded for hours upon hours 30k + kills with no results.
I dont think a limited time vanity should be so rare but its too late now to do much about it.
When I do/if I get the vanity I would be very annoyed if at last few days of event drop rate is raised considerably to the point where everone got the mask. That would make all my hard work and hurt hands a waisted effort.

I think right now is what we all need to do is give cars updated a chance and stop debating this issue. The drop rate was just raised yesterday and like car said event will still be going for a considerable amount of time. Time to get our farming boots back on for a few days then decide wether this issue still needs debate.

Wholeheartedly agree. I never meant to imply making it easy. Just a little "less hard". Which Carapace has done.

wvhills
07-25-2012, 09:06 AM
I don't mind farming as long as the maps are fun. I love many aspects of DL (the pvp, costumes, etc) but don't enjoy the 3d missions at all. I think they're all repetitive and boring. I miss the team dynamics of PL. IMO if DL wants to really shine they need to get a crowd control and healing class. I don't think you'd even need separate classes, just add some tank and healing skills and buffs and debuffs. You would also need to supe up the mobs some (but not as much as PL seen we only have 3 in an instance). I've suggested this before but I think if you do this then u should add a pvp and a pve loadout so people don't have to be stuck with tanking or healing skills in pvp.

That's just what I think. I honestly have farmed for things in PL for a lot longer than in DL but DL just seems longer because everything seems the same.

Flowman
07-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I don't mind farming as long as the maps are fun. I love many aspects of DL (the pvp, costumes, etc) but don't enjoy the 3d missions at all. I think they're all repetitive and boring. I miss the team dynamics of PL. IMO if DL wants to really shine they need to get a crowd control and healing class. I don't think you'd even need separate classes, just add some tank and healing skills and buffs and debuffs. You would also need to supe up the mobs some (but not as much as PL seen we only have 3 in an instance). I've suggested this before but I think if you do this then u should add a pvp and a pve loadout so people don't have to be stuck with tanking or healing skills in pvp.

That's just what I think. I honestly have farmed for things in PL for a lot longer than in DL but DL just seems longer because everything seems the same.

Yeah agreed, you wouldn't even need to make new classes...just make the skill tree we have into an actual skill tree. Sure it'll be a very basic skill tree without different classes, but you can at least have routes and options leaning towards pure damage, support and buffs, or a little of both.

I'm Siri
07-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I'm kinda agreed with berry. It too late for changed.

The mask only worth for you to spend hour and hour to keep farming when it is RARE.
If this like a rain drop every where and there just like UC marine in SL and overload the auction house. Who will give a F to farming anymore.
I kinda like this events.
Few points
1, Solstice Shard / Star- Not so hard to have one. Hope the speed buff there to stay when events end.
2, blood blossom- Awesome health regen.
3, With both 1&2, I don't see a difficulties to farm a new vanities.
4, new vanities idea. Rare- Snake mask(got 1) medium rare- eagle mask(got 2) and super rare undead(die die will farm one myself. My progress is more than 20hours overall maybe more. Lol. with more than 50kills count- ZERO OR 0)
5, No time or lazy to farm. Purchase the Druid set. With antler mask too:)

Kudo to STS for the event.

Sam_Arah
07-25-2012, 09:46 AM
If the mask werent as cool ... people wont care as much to farm it ... whether it rare or not. Undead looks fantastic.

I'm on both sides of debate, but I wont rehash over reasons cause they have been said already in thread.

I think compromise for next time would be to keep drop rate rare, AND offer it as a plat option. Those that have time and enjoy farming can try to get it to drop, which several us of had it do prior to drop increase. Those that get tired of farming unsuccessfully can buy with plat.

Again, if mask were cool looking I wouldnt care as much.

octavos
07-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Holy conversation batman... awesome points people are making...we all want it, we all hate it, and the happy medium is.... who knows, but we gotta give a shot to cara's new adjustment. hopefully the time we spend farming is beneficial so people can treasure it a bit more :D

since cara said that each indavidual has there own loot tables.

Everyone has their own loot when running in multiplayer, so no it has no effect on your chances to get a drop or someone else's chance to get a drop.

p.s. the length of the event is also a LARGE factor...so i guess thats why its an issue for these masks, ppl love instant gratification >.<

SexyIsland
07-25-2012, 01:22 PM
It's only about 2 drops per day, instead of the one drop per day. I think it could at least be 3 drops per day. That wouldn't hurt much. But 2 is same as 1.

Carapace
07-25-2012, 01:59 PM
It's only about 2 drops per day, instead of the one drop per day. I think it could at least be 3 drops per day. That wouldn't hurt much. But 2 is same as 1.

My reply to this idea is buried deep in page 5 or 6 I think but to reiterate, the drop rate has been boosted and I've seen the statistical information go from 1-2 drops a day into a much more reasonable 6-10 a day since the change with some outliers. Roughly 3-4x as likely to drop without making it so common it makes farming unfruitful for the people doing so. This in combination with the length of the event should be a happy medium between those that want to see it remain really rare and those that want their farming to pay off.

My goal here is to create an item of in game value and is special and stands out, and when players obtain it they feel that way. They also will be privy to an item that once the event is over exists in limited enough quantities it circulates within the economy and has a value defined by the populous. Naturally there are opinions on all sides on an argument like this, but my intent with the particular item is currently working as intended with the drop adjustments, and is a scenario that is yet to play out in full.

All of this feedback is incredibly relevant, and I want to thank everyone for their input on the matter. Changes to the mask item in this event beyond what has already been changed are very very slim, but for future events and related items of this nature this kind of feedback will be an invaluable help in creating content that is better and appeals to you, the gamers. I appreciate everyone being patient and understanding as they notice these changes, point out flaws, and as I address applicable problems in a way I deem appropriate for the overall scope of the game as a whole within the intended design for the game.

You guys are the best, and I do it for you! :vsmile:

Thanks again,
-Cara

StompArtist
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
I think that part of the problem (for DL anyways) is that early on the game encouraged the "vanity hoarder ocd behavior" in players and such a rare item will, by it's very definition, not be available to everyone. This frustrates players because it is inconsistent with previous items and players that where intent on having all vanities but have limited time to farm or not the budget to purchase from other players feel like there is an item out there that will "forever break the collection". Makes sense?

razerfingers
07-25-2012, 02:02 PM
My reply to this idea is buried deep in page 5 or 6 I think but to reiterate, the drop rate has been boosted and I've seen the statistical information go from 1-2 drops a day into a much more reasonable 6-10 a day since the change with some outliers. Roughly 3-4x as likely to drop without making it so common it makes farming unfruitful for the people doing so. This in combination with the length of the event should be a happy medium between those that want to see it remain really rare and those that want their farming to pay off.

My goal here is to create an item of in game value and is special and stands out, and when players obtain it they feel that way. They also will be privy to an item that once the event is over exists in limited enough quantities it circulates within the economy and has a value defined by the populous. Naturally there are opinions on all sides on an argument like this, but my intent with the particular item is currently working as intended with the drop adjustments, and is a scenario that is yet to play out in full.

All of this feedback is incredibly relevant, and I want to thank everyone for their input on the matter. Changes to the mask item in this event beyond what has already been changed are very very slim, but for future events and related items of this nature this kind of feedback will be an invaluable help in creating content that is better and appeals to you, the gamers. I appreciate everyone being patient and understanding as they notice these changes, point out flaws, and as I address applicable problems in a way I deem appropriate for the overall scope of the game as a whole within the intended design for the game.

You guys are the best, and I do it for you! :vsmile:

Thanks again,
-Cara

So i can go to the very very first level in first campaign and farm there amd edventually get a mask from a mob if im lucky? Or does it needa be in a higher level map for higher levels?

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

wvhills
07-25-2012, 02:29 PM
So i can go to the very very first level in first campaign and farm there amd edventually get a mask from a mob if im lucky? Or does it needa be in a higher level map for higher levels?

he doesn't tell where razer. :)
but if I were u I'd farm gallows: dead end.

razerfingers
07-25-2012, 02:38 PM

Alright thanks! :)

Rare
07-25-2012, 02:41 PM

I have grown to hate this map

wvhills
07-25-2012, 02:43 PM
I have grown to hate this map

Lol. me too. I just farm for 15 min at a time tho. I can't stand any longer than that.

Takezaki
07-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I think that part of the problem (for DL anyways) is that early on the game encouraged the "vanity hoarder ocd behavior" in players and such a rare item will, by it's very definition, not be available to everyone. This frustrates players because it is inconsistent with previous items and players that where intent on having all vanities but have limited time to farm or not the budget to purchase from other players feel like there is an item out there that will "forever break the collection". Makes sense?

Nailed it.

sun light
07-25-2012, 05:40 PM
well... after increasing loots i tried to got after my 3rd mask..
so far almost 10k killing and no results :)
i cant complain.. after all, i already have 2 more than other ppl...
tnx for givving me another chance and to all to get it.

Xaphan Fox
07-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Spider senses sense post intentioned to gloat

Rare
07-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Round of applause everyone!

Lol...

Flowman
07-25-2012, 08:42 PM
Cara if the item is meant to be so rare...can you make it even more distinguishable from the plat antlers? I know the eyes glow and the jaw glows, but from a maxed zoomed out camera angle, you can barely tell. Can only see the difference close up or on the avatar page.

Don't really know what else could be done, but just a suggestion.

Xaphan Fox
07-25-2012, 09:10 PM
I think with it equipped you should poot out muffins everywhere you go... Or grow a rainbow dash tail...

...just a thought

dbozam
08-29-2012, 05:46 AM
So... it took me days to read this whole thread (I was too busy playing :) ).... but I have some comments.

I was not a farmer... I used minions to advance my career and really only enjoyed trading vanities and playing pvp. One day, in a rare bout of pve (wtf does pve mean anyways? player vs who?) at around level 18, an undead mask dropped. I could almost swear it was my first vanity drop ever (probably not, but damn close, maybe 2 or 3 prior).

After I got the mask, ppl loved me.... (it was probably around august 25 or so, less than a week before the event ended), but that is irrelevant. It was when I received the mask drop that I started farming.

Since I started playing (before and after the mask dropped): I never got any fire shards, I never got any level 25 pink ANYTHINGS (so I spent 80k+ at the auction buying them during my thousands of kills trying to reach lvl 26 prior to event end), I got tons of vanities through drops or 5th day nightly rewards which I already had and then had to try to sell (took hours).

The point is... some of the things that people took for granted... others never got. I had to rely on generosity for a fire shard, and it was given to me after I had already bought a better (pink) yellow gem. It was only useful as a bracelet. After it was donated to me, I finally got two fire shards on the day before the solstice event ended. I never got my free lvl 26 weapons or fire star because the event ended.

Finally, nobody has whined yet that gamer parts are going for millions because it's not a limited time event... but gamer parts are even more rare than this mask everyone's b1tch1ng about.

Rare
08-29-2012, 06:21 AM
limited time event... but gamer parts are even more rare than this mask everyone's b1tch1ng about.

That is precisely why nobody was complaining about gamer

KillaSkillz
08-29-2012, 08:52 AM
Just my opinion. I gave up on vanity hunting. It hard enough for me to get a pink drop (4 in 40k kills) and i've only ever gotten 3 vanities (1 black track top, 2 orange desire tops, and they all dropped within 5 runs of each other on the same map around 35k kills)

I don't know why, but I do not have the luck that others have with drops. Just speculation, but maybe it's because I don't buy plat or use it, maybe it's because I only have the one toon, maybe it's because I just don't play enough. I don't know, but it feels as though I am at a disadvantage. I see other people in my runs get vanity and pink drops quite frequently, however I do not. Now, I don't know why that is, but it honestly feels to me like a complete waste of time chasing something that won't happen for me so I don't try hard at it anymore.

Thank you for increasing the level cap and adding new maps, still too short and easy in my opinion, but getting xp is the only reason I log in. if there were bigger maps and more grinding, I would probably spend more time in DL and maybe get some vanity drops, but once capped, it's really hard for me to want to collect xp for nothing over and over again.

On another note, is there anything ultra rare in the 24 hour allies missions loot table? I may at least keep logging in and clicking those if there was something like that. A bunch of pink weapons nobody wants, and xp I don't need is not much of an incentive. Maybe one really rare item added to that loot table somewhere might make a difference.

Love it or hate it, it's my opinion and thoughts over drops (vanity and pinks). This mask you guys talk about is a ghost from my pov. If it's rarer then pink than it's very unlikely to drop to me. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride I guess.

HunterSLAYER
08-29-2012, 10:20 AM
Just my opinion. I gave up on vanity hunting. It hard enough for me to get a pink drop (4 in 40k kills) and i've only ever gotten 3 vanities (1 black track top, 2 orange desire tops, and they all dropped within 5 runs of each other on the same map around 35k kills)

I don't know why, but I do not have the luck that others have with drops. Just speculation, but maybe it's because I don't buy plat or use it, maybe it's because I only have the one toon, maybe it's because I just don't play enough. I don't know, but it feels as though I am at a disadvantage. I see other people in my runs get vanity and pink drops quite frequently, however I do not. Now, I don't know why that is, but it honestly feels to me like a complete waste of time chasing something that won't happen for me so I don't try hard at it anymore.

Thank you for increasing the level cap and adding new maps, still too short and easy in my opinion, but getting xp is the only reason I log in. if there were bigger maps and more grinding, I would probably spend more time in DL and maybe get some vanity drops, but once capped, it's really hard for me to want to collect xp for nothing over and over again.

On another note, is there anything ultra rare in the 24 hour allies missions loot table? I may at least keep logging in and clicking those if there was something like that. A bunch of pink weapons nobody wants, and xp I don't need is not much of an incentive. Maybe one really rare item added to that loot table somewhere might make a difference.

Love it or hate it, it's my opinion and thoughts over drops (vanity and pinks). This mask you guys talk about is a ghost from my pov. If it's rarer then pink than it's very unlikely to drop to me. Always the bridesmaid, never the bride I guess.

I've got none so far.
This is the reason i almost don't play dl anymore.

Sent from my ASUS Nexus 7 via Xparent Red Tapatalk 2