PDA

View Full Version : Having my house bound to account - not character

octavos
05-31-2022, 10:28 AM
Hi there devs, I have a main home that I invest all my resources in. I want my alts to also control items and placements of objects in that 1 house.

I dont plan to invest more moneyz on my alts homes. It's just kind of tedious to have to switch to my main all the time to redecorate....or adjust items in a home like vanity displays on a diffrent class.

Oh also p.s.
I need to know what item I clicked like a preview becuse I like to overlap vanitys in a home
And having to reclick an item to figure out what I grabbed is also a pain.

Thx
:)

-ghost

asommers
06-01-2022, 12:04 AM
Off the top of my head (without spending time to determine all of the use cases), I think we can make it so alts (and spouse) can move/use furnishings, but they won't have access to main's inventory to be able to place furnishings that aren't in the alt's inventory.

Also, on the list (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?622645-Community-Suggestions-List) is adding support for showing a furnishing chooser for any item that could be adjusted as a result of tapping on screen when editing the house. For example, if your tap fits within the hitbox of 5 objects, show a browser letting you choose which object you want to edit.

-ALS

octavos
06-01-2022, 05:26 AM
Off the top of my head (without spending time to determine all of the use cases), I think we can make it so alts (and spouse) can move/use furnishings, but they won't have access to main's inventory to be able to place furnishings that aren't in the alt's inventory.

Also, on the list (https://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?622645-Community-Suggestions-List) is adding support for showing a furnishing chooser for any item that could be adjusted as a result of tapping on screen when editing the house. For example, if your tap fits within the hitbox of 5 objects, show a browser letting you choose which object you want to edit.

-ALS

Ok nice, it would be nice if only the spouse can use furnishings not move them (or have an option to toggle that option). I dont want my house redecorated to blank areas of the map lol. Since houses have vast areas where items can be moved outside the screen.

Now if a spouse wants to place an item from there inventory on my home, im all up for that....but can u imagine a divorce...it can be a messy situation lmfao XD.

whatwasit
06-01-2022, 08:37 AM

-ALS

Hey, maybe can also be added we can edit spouce's house (if he/she allows it ofc) using only items which already in her/his house (not items from her inventory)
Also if spouce allowing gifts - putting my own items to her/his house (if items tradeable ofc)

Nocturnus
06-01-2022, 01:34 PM

-ALS

This looks great!
Maybe, also, add some option in the menu, to choose, to which house of my other char I want to go, maybe also the espouse's house, currently I can go to my house with "/visit xxx", and when I am there neither I can use anything from there, like sit, etc.

Ok nice, it would be nice if only the spouse can use furnishings not move them (or have an option to toggle that option). I dont want my house redecorated to blank areas of the map lol. Since houses have vast areas where items can be moved outside the screen.

Now if a spouse wants to place an item from there inventory on my home, im all up for that....but can u imagine a divorce...it can be a messy situation lmfao XD.

It could work like in the hall of the guild, the furniture is tied to the character when they leaves the guild they takes it with their.
That is, other char alts or spouse could deposit their elements in the house (if there is a slot for it), marked with some type of symbol and when they divorce they take them to their inventory and there will be a blank space in the house.

+1 for the option to disable editing for spouse xD It could be something dramatic if there are fights xD I mean I guess someone might have them.