PDA

View Full Version : Class Identification Symbol?

SkillFullGamer
07-21-2012, 06:24 PM
Ive been enjoying the Hive event and the darnest thing happened to me like 4 times in an evening. I've never really thought about, but a symbol next to the persons name showing what class they are would be EXTREMELY helpfull ;D!! I mean with the Cool New vanities, its hard to tell right off the Bat why type of players are on your team, if you have a healer or tank. I mean not all people put their stat points the way they should lol
Full Str=Comnando
Full Dex=Opperative
Full Int=Engineer

So I'd be helpfull to add this little commodity :) or something ti identify their class. I've included a image here of me and my teams distraught realization that we didn't have a healer.....lol , yea...it sucked...

Cahaun
07-21-2012, 06:41 PM
That can help

SkillFullGamer
07-21-2012, 08:46 PM
It's small and simple,yes. But would make the world of difference :)

iAmPain
07-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Another thing to slow down the game-play or a new alibi in pvp, saying "lag 'cos phone or net too slow and so many contents?" something like that..

well you know the reason.

PianoWizzy
07-21-2012, 11:02 PM
T'would be lovely to have -- much harder to tell now that we have pants and everyone wants to wear these UC vanities lol.

Ethice
07-22-2012, 02:31 AM
This would be very helpful actually

drewcapu
07-22-2012, 02:45 AM
Simplest solution is just a colored dot that matches the horizon dots of each class next to their name.

Slant
07-22-2012, 04:41 AM
look at the skills being used

PianoWizzy
07-22-2012, 07:53 AM

Not fast enough frankly lol.

razerfingers
07-22-2012, 09:17 AM
Many people tell my engineer to revive, but im using a pvp build for fun and it works but theres no revive sadly :/ lol

Sent using spray paint from a "can"

bronislav84
07-22-2012, 09:40 AM
This is a good idea.

Swimmingstar
07-22-2012, 11:54 AM
Many people tell my engineer to revive, but im using a pvp build for fun and it works but theres no revive sadly :/ lol

Yeah I have revive but every time someone dies I have to switch suppression with revive and switch revive with suppression, so just survive!

SkillFullGamer
07-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Hey hey hey -.- Is that a insult ? I am currently only doing PvE , so don't mock what you don't understand!
I major own out there, and while I don't have lightning fast speed "like I could if I wanted to"
I prefer to ACTUALLY be a GOOD TANK , and I get crap load kills from all AoE setup.;)

PianoWizzy
07-22-2012, 05:41 PM

*hisses*

Does not help if you're trying to determine what classes are in the run before you actually start the run.

Frankly, there's a chance even knowing you have an eng in the group doesn't help because I've been in runs where the eng literally didn't use any type of heal until after people were dying.

*hisses*

As an engineer main... *shudders*

akfury
07-23-2012, 11:39 AM
Not all engs have full int I don't because full str is best for engineers :)

Cahaun
07-23-2012, 11:47 AM
Not all engs have full int I don't because full str is best for engineers :)
I don't do it that way. I keep getting smarter

Garvhoz
07-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Extremely helpful, cause with the recent infested deck everybody got vanities and its pretty hard to tell unless they use class specific weapons or until they use their skills

TheRajX
07-24-2012, 11:45 PM
People have lied to me multiple times on their class before a pvp match. This would make for a nice change.. (and re-adding damage markings...coughcough)

tearacan
07-25-2012, 06:48 AM
if your clueless, turn your screen so none of the players are in your screen and check the coloured dots at the edge of the screen.

Red dots for com
blue dots for opp
green dots for eng

There is even 1 red dot (com) visible in your screenshot at the right edge near the double blue arrows of your skill switch.

Flowman
07-25-2012, 09:01 AM
if your clueless, turn your screen so none of the players are in your screen and check the coloured dots at the edge of the screen.

Red dots for com
blue dots for opp
green dots for eng

There is even 1 red dot (com) visible in your screenshot at the right edge near the double blue arrows of your skill switch.

Friends and guild members already appear as different shades of blue, colors wont work on the map.

Best way to use colors would just be next to our names on the left...or even above your heads. Little colored symbols for each class...doesn't have to be fancy, just clearly defined as an item that's supposed to be there.

KillaSkillz
07-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Yeah tearacan is right, check the dots. I figured that one out on B*.

Sent by smoke signals from my Wigwam

tearacan
07-26-2012, 04:01 AM
Friends and guild members already appear as different shades of blue, colors wont work on the map.

Best way to use colors would just be next to our names on the left...or even above your heads. Little colored symbols for each class...doesn't have to be fancy, just clearly defined as an item that's supposed to be there.

You are right about the map colours, but these are not from the map. The dots are always there only in 3 colours.