PDA

View Full Version : Any confirmation that engineers will have a fair chance in PvP?

Swimmingstar
07-21-2012, 08:38 PM
We've been asking for a LONG time that engineers should have a better chance in winning in PvP, without spending 50+ plat...

So is there ANY confirmations that engineers will have a better chance in PvP? Because in my opinion, the latest update made it worse... more damage for coms and ops...

bronislav84
07-21-2012, 08:43 PM
Maybe if they institute my turret pet summon skill as the last skill. Search for it.

Otherwise, doubt it. Reason I don't PVP.

Kanozaki
07-21-2012, 09:28 PM
i dont think there's much they can do since the engineer it self was not meant for damage.However a few ideas that come to my mind which would make engineers pretty tough is if they increase empathy , and maybe transference since they limit those. But this in turn could make engi pretty over powered.

Deathpunch
07-21-2012, 09:37 PM
Or make force field and protection a percentage buff instead of a crappy flat amount.

-----
NOTE TO READER: This post should most likely be read with a sarcastic tone.

Mitchturbo
07-21-2012, 09:47 PM
Or increase dodge or defense stats :-) Or range of the gloves.

Cahaun
07-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Or make force field and protection a percentage buff instead of a crappy flat amount.

-----
And how about making the shield tougher? Darn thing breaks when I tripped over a Redsun Pirate dog and that's with lvl 40 armor... Yea engineers needed better improvements to the skills. Like pain disappears when the target dies while a commando's singularity still explodes and damages lots of targets even if the targeted one dies.

KillaSkillz
07-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Or make class specific pvp rooms where each class can only go up against the sam class.

Popular
07-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Or revamp engs :)

Swimmingstar
07-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Or create an engineer only weapon, it has to be good.

There's a million things they could do...

iAmPain
07-21-2012, 10:42 PM
Send a rebuild engi skillmap/stat at suggestions, with a few good reasons. maybe they could start considering it starting there

akfury
07-21-2012, 11:06 PM
Umm trn the shield buffs into percentages increase are healing power make dots last longer make pain stun longer ... It goes on I'm just giving up on my eng pvp succes :(

Popular
07-22-2012, 01:50 AM
I just want engs to be able to do quick 1:1 without having to run :p

bbt1
07-22-2012, 02:02 AM
A self combo for both ops n engis to match comms is sooooo long overdue

Technique
07-22-2012, 02:10 AM
They need to make our shield like the magic shield in PL, higher heals would be nice...where supposed to be support but other classes heal just as much? A critical buff would be icing on the cake, I don't mind about buying plat gear but engis do not need hit percent! Give us some dodge or crit on the dropped gear.

bbt1
07-22-2012, 02:14 AM
Maybe enhance the buff effect of rev to include a crit n dodge buff and de nerf trans to give a much larger instant heal. But my main grievance is the gap between health has widened by a lot i think at 35/36 comms had about 1 n a half engi hp at 40/41 it's closer to twice as much. Keep up the good work guys with ur suggestions/problems hopefully constructive ideas will bring about change!!

Cero
07-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Or create an engineer only weapon, it has to be good.

There's a million things they could do...

They already made "gloves" for eng.

As what others said. Increase the effectiveness of eng skills and buff...
Also i'd like to see empathy doing heals and neutralize debuffs(graviton slam , lash and amp pain)

Mitchturbo
07-22-2012, 09:07 AM
Omg I love the New Engineer gloves! Sooo much power! Direct Injectors of Dark Matter! Could either kill you with 1 damage or kill an opponent easily with 176+ critical if using condo eye implant aswell. It's all based on luck but Soo much Damage its Chaos! Mwahahahaha!

Still have to try em in PvP though lol ;-)

Swimmingstar
07-22-2012, 11:23 AM
They already made "gloves" for eng.

As what others said. Increase the effectiveness of eng skills and buff...
Also i'd like to see empathy doing heals and neutralize debuffs(graviton slam , lash and amp pain)
Gloves aren't that powerful...

Omg I love the New Engineer gloves! Sooo much power! Direct Injectors of Dark Matter! Could either kill you with 1 damage or kill an opponent easily with 176+ critical if using condo eye implant aswell. It's all based on luck but Soo much Damage its Chaos! Mwahahahaha!

Still have to try em in PvP though lol ;-)
Wait do the gloves do something special? Because I don't get why the low is 1 and the high is around 70.

Swimmingstar
07-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Spells:

Increase heal, it doesn't make sense how coms and ops can heal more and do it in one second while we heal less, and overtime... Increase the heal by a lot. It has to heal way more than it's doing right now. Also increase the duration and decrease the cool-down. Heal should also clear debuffs.

Suppression should stun the opponent and we should still be able to attack them without breaking the stun, they should be able to do nothing.

Leech, add more damage and healing.

Transference, fix the bug that's causing the opponent to heal too and more damage and healing.

Pain needs some more damage, duration, and a smaller cool-down time. Also it should stun the opponent where they can't do anything while we can still attack them. (It might already do this)

Sonic Boom, a useless skill almost because of it's cool-down, add more damage and lower the cool-down.

Decay, -100-200 armor, I have to say with the armor debuff the damage doesn't need to be raised much, maybe just 1-5 points. And increase duration by a little.

Wither, more damage, longer duration, less cool-down time.

Revive, this skill is fine.

Protection, raise it to +150 armor.

Force Shield, raise it to +150 armor.

I realize some of these skills could be overpowered, so what do you guys think? do you have any exact values you think there should be? In example, [skill name] should do [some number-some number] damage.

Cahaun
07-22-2012, 11:55 AM
Sonic boom can really use an update. I don't like waiting almost a minute to use a skill.
(The PL skills are just insanely fast at cool downs compared to SL)

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 12:01 PM
You know, I've been thinking about protection and force shield. Currently, it's a flat amount buff, I've been arguing to make it a percentage of the engis current armor buff, but how about a multiple of INT buff? Say a .50 multiple at one skill point and a suitible amount increase with each additional skill point put into it. It would then be a reason to actually look at the stat bonus given by a piece of equipment. Currently, all I consider on armor is the armor rating, HP and MP bonuses, and dodge.

-----

akfury
07-22-2012, 12:16 PM
That sounds good death

Mrbananaz
07-22-2012, 01:01 PM
well, remember this, morfic was the best pvper at his time. he was an engi. it proves engis just have to work harder and work with h skills they''ve got

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 01:02 PM
well, remember this, morfic was the best pvper at his time.

Opinion.

-----

Swimmingstar
07-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Opinion.

-----

Agreed.

-----
NOTE TO SELF AND READER: Not every Deathpunch post is supposed to be read sarcastically.

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 01:30 PM
Agreed.

-----
NOTE TO SELF AND READER: Not every Deathpunch post is supposed to be read sarcastically.

Lol! That's why I added the "most likely" part. :D

-----

akfury
07-22-2012, 05:40 PM
well, remember this, morfic was the best pvper at his time. he was an engi. it proves engis just have to work harder and work with h skills they''ve got

Morfic was the best engi and my master, but not the best pvper any good op or com could walk all over engies still

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Morfic was the best engi...

Opinion.

-----

Mrbananaz
07-22-2012, 07:29 PM
even kano or boe couldnt beat him.... mayb they could but morfic always had the better ratio. he may lose to modern coms at first but he will get the hang of it soon

foulu
07-23-2012, 03:04 AM
We've been asking for a LONG time that engineers should have a better chance in winning in PvP, without spending 50+ plat...

So is there ANY confirmations that engineers will have a better chance in PvP? Because in my opinion, the latest update made it worse... more damage for coms and ops...

Highly agreed. Engineer in pvp is disregarded and discriminating to all players to be categorize as weak. We're not weak and frankly it's the developer's fault for not evening the class. Every class has a weakness and that's how MMOs should be when i tcomes to pvp. Second, it's just as the other poster said commando healing in an instant with large portions of hp while the engineer slow even in high INT. Regardless the amount of defense (even mines at 920 +60) commandos can combo and bring down an engineer in half hp or even worse operators very quickly.

Noted... Only way to win is kiting them while the heal is in effect to kill them slowly. It doesn't work and eventually turns to cheating/rushing ruining many engineer players. Revamp engineers or we don't pvp at all anymore. It's not fair and disrespectful to any player, thus the other posters are giving snickering comments because of the joy of defeating engineers lashing out comments "noob" or "too weak". Again, we're not weak, it's a flaw in balance.

morfic
07-23-2012, 09:38 AM
well, remember this, morfic was the best pvper at his time.

Why thank you brotha!

Opinion.

Sadface

Agreed.

Sadface

Morfic was the best engi and my master, but not the best pvper any good op or com could walk all over engies still

<3 Ak. He is right, even in the height of my SL PvP career, Com's/Op's who knew what they were doing, were near impossible to beat.

Opinion.

Opinion me once.. shame on me. Opinion me twice...

even kano or boe couldnt beat him.... mayb they could but morfic always had the better ratio. he may lose to modern coms at first but he will get the hang of it soon

I love this guy!

But to clarify, to say that the good OP's/Comm's couldn't beat me... is incorrect. I just made it very hard for them. They would eventually beat me. With Comm's, we would ran around forever until they slowly wore me down. With OP's, it was always just a firefight to see who could burn the other one down first. Most of my OP fights was determined by whether they landed their lurch on me off the rip, or if I could make them waste it.

The poor/average com/op's I slaughtered, but the good ones came out on top 9/10 times. (almost every single one of the fights ended with them at 10-15% HP though.)

TheRajX
07-23-2012, 10:04 AM
There was this thread hanging out in the pvp section on the same exact matter. Why do people post amazing suggestions here when the op doesnt ask but barely any suggestions in the other post where i ask lolz.

I will add some of the great changes into my thread.
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?62143-Unofficial-List-of-Improvements-for-Engineer-PvP

and as a sidenote i'd love to pvp all you serious guys. :anonymous:
I have a solid tactic against engis (other than asigreofay and sometimes marky) lol (out of the guys i've played), and a solid tactic on 80% of ops and almost all coms.

Unless the new legendary weapons switch things up the only class that i cannot beat ever is custom com. If we get calibrated to their level then i'd be satisfied.

foulu
07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
Thread supported. I want to get even at the dics camping and cheating PvP. Sick of boosters, sick of people calling us weak engineers, or even noobs.

Deathpunch
07-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Why thank you brotha!

Sadface

Sadface

<3 Ak. He is right, even in the height of my SL PvP career, Com's/Op's who knew what they were doing, were near impossible to beat.

Opinion me once.. shame on me. Opinion me twice...

I love this guy!

But to clarify, to say that the good OP's/Comm's couldn't beat me... is incorrect. I just made it very hard for them. They would eventually beat me. With Comm's, we would ran around forever until they slowly wore me down. With OP's, it was always just a firefight to see who could burn the other one down first. Most of my OP fights was determined by whether they landed their lurch on me off the rip, or if I could make them waste it.

The poor/average com/op's I slaughtered, but the good ones came out on top 9/10 times. (almost every single one of the fights ended with them at 10-15% HP though.)

I'm sorry buddy, I didn't mean to hurt your feelings. *hugz* :D

-----