PDA

View Full Version : A Few Newbie Questions - Thanks for reading them!

Gladeye
07-21-2012, 11:16 PM
I hope you don't mind me putting all of this in one place, but five separate posts at once feels obnoxious. I really, really appreciate anyone who takes the time to respond to my questions or thoughts. I played Pocket Legends for a few months, so some aspects of Dark Legends are familiar to me. There are some things I'm still not clear on though.

1. Auctions. I see I can only list one item at a time, but I don't see an option to buy more auction or storage slots. Is there one somewhere? Also, there is an option to search for vanity items in auction, but I have never seen any listed. Other than people announcing what they are selling using chat, is there a way to list and buy clothing?

2. Vanity items/outfits. I'm level 15 and until now I enjoyed distinguishing myself by running around in underwear and a visor. I just discovered though that completing and wearing different outfits earns me achievements. Do these achievements eventually unlock new items, zones, or powers? Should I care??
As in a lot of games, my focus has been on leveling, progressing through higher zones, and improving my gear. Will putting time into the "Goals" and wardrobe achievements add some unforeseen depth to this game, or are all those things just for bragging rights and status.

3. AP Points. What are they? I know I can earn them, but to use for what?

4. Grouping. In Pocket Legends you can see how many players are in each instanced zone before you enter. I don't see an option for that in Dark Legends and I'd say at least 80% of the time, when I choose multiplayer, I find myself alone. Where are the fighters and how can I group with them? I see tons of people hanging out in the vampire district, but not in the campaigns. Also, what is the group max? it seems to be 3.

5. Loot. I see pink items are very rare. I've only had two drop so far and I'm level 15. There's not stat variation between each level's pinks either, just graphic differences. Other than weapons, gems, and fire blossoms, does anything else ever drop?

Thank you for taking the time to read my questions and for any answers you can give me! I like a lot about this game and I want to understand it better!

Tvis
07-22-2012, 12:07 AM
1. Pressing "0 of 1 slots in use" or "1 of 1 slots in use" will allow you to get more auction slots. Vanities aren't available to sell in the consignment shop yet.

2. You receive titles from achievements. I haven't gotten anything from doing goals.

3. You build up AP points to achieve new titles. Titles are locked until you meet the point requirement.

4. There is no option to join created games. I meet new people and join them in campaign leveling. The newer campaigns have had many players, so I'd try there. You're welcome to friend me in game; I play the campaign frequently. 3 is the cap to a dungeon.

5. Vanities now drop in certain locations. Very rare to find.

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Well I would've liked to help you but it seems Tvis covered it all. Such a pro! Hehe nice job. Kudos. :encouragement:

Just a little side note because I feel like sharing:

Passive power points. Don't forget about those. They are located in the bottom of your powers page (reference the photo). They're a stat increase that will help your longevity or power damage. I feel like they're important even though you never asked about them. Probably since I just learned of them myself today haha... >>

Gladeye
07-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Thank you for answering my questions. I did notice, and use, a few passive power points (2 in attack, one in defense). So, to be sure, fashion achievements don't open up any new playing opportunities? Are they just money sinks? Also, what is up with the free platinum never working? I've tried 6 or 7 of the apps listed to earn free plat. Played them a few minutes, kept them installed, saw that they were verified, but still no free platinum. Not cool. :upset:

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Fashion achievements won't open up any new playing opportunities besides the one title.

Do you use Android, iOS, or Chrome?

If you're on Android: other people have been complaining of the free platinum offers not working as well. I don't use w3i but tapjoy (free platinum providers via downloading apps)

If you're on iOS: I suggest you go to tapjoy.com and register there then do the free platinum off their list. You can click on the app you'd like to download, install and run, then gain you're platinum that way. Haven't had many problems with this provider.

I don't know if the tapjoy.com way works with Android since I've never tried it on my phone.

Mieltior
07-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I play on ipad and many of the free plat things didnt work for me as well, so its just not android.

Hardcoure
07-23-2012, 09:56 PM
I play on ipad and many of the free plat things didnt work for me as well, so its just not android.

What do you mean exactly? Are you talking about downloading the apps from that in game button? If so, that's probably why you're saying you don't get as much platinum as what you're downloading for. w3i is the provider that Dark Legends has. If you're on an iDevice, then I suggest do what I mentioned before. It works just fine for me.