PDA

View Full Version : AL Attack/Skills System Info?

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 07:35 AM
Has anything been said about how the AL attack system will be set up? Like in PL/SL we have the auto attack or closer to DL where we have to attack enemies on our own?

Also, anything been said about skills? Like DL with only four used at once, SL with eight but have to switch between two sets or PL where all are shown?

On my phone and got a bit bored/curious :playful:

Cahaun
07-22-2012, 07:46 AM
You'll have to look into the articles for more info as we haven't heard much in a while.

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 08:11 AM
:blue: Hmm okay. Didn't want to but suppose I shall when I have time later.

*Zero*
07-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Well it says its gonna be like dl. Auto attack is gone so you must continue to press attack button.

YuNoEatBeaRs
07-22-2012, 01:29 PM
from what i saw in the screen shots posted on fb, looks like the attack/skill system gonna be exactly like DL.

Conradin
07-22-2012, 02:16 PM
-"A step up from the rest in the series, Space Time Studios has increased their minimum specs for the first time in three years and the art looked fantastic on the demo I was handed on the Kindle Fire. A combination of cel-shading and anime art, the environments were deeper and richer, the characters looking much less pixilated on close-up. Banners swayed in the wind, lighting was more dynamic. All in all, that was an immediate impression that the game had improved graphically.
In another change from the series, combat is now active. No more target lock auto-attack. Regular attack as well as skills have to be activated. The joystick from Star Legends is retained as is the “Charge” meter from Dark Legends. Combos from Pocket Legends are back in – these are activated when playing with others.
In another improvement (right up there with the increased min specs), NPC AI has improved. They no longer stand there like rocks and let you hit them. Fernando was playing a warrior and the caster he was trying to hit kept moving back and away from him, forcing him move back up to melee range, chasing him around the dungeon. I can imagine that they will duck behind obstacles to avoid casters.

As for the story, you start off in a tavern in a village – just like a good DnD adventure, right? You learn that a dark wizard had been opening portals and releasing evil, nasty creatures. Goblins and oh my… even trolls? Will you go out like the good adventurer you are and destroy them?
Like the rest of the series, Arcane Legends sticks to the three character formula. In this case, Warrior, Sorcerer and Rogue. Skills unlock as you level as does skill points that you can allocate. The destructible treasure chests remain – heck there were treasure “lockers” in Star Legends. There is a “lobby” area, and that is the tavern and village, but all other areas, outdoors or dungeon are instanced. As you level up and move from world area to world area, the story will be revealed as you go.
If you have an account for one of the games, you will automatically have an account for any of the others, and the game is accessible on iOS, Android or Chrome Browser. Unfortunately, coin is tied to storefront and in order to keep things simple and separate, is not transferable between accounts.
I asked Fernando if this was going to be as tough as Star Legends and he laughed, agreeing with my assessment of the previous title. “Star Legends was just hard!” he agreed. “We actually lowered the difficulty level from 1 to 10!” Space Time Studios does learn, he assured me, which was why he was speaking of “best practices” in his presentation.
Players who have not tried the games will find them familiar and fans of the series and the fantasy medieval setting will find Arcane Legends a real treat. A better, richer game, Arcane Legends will deliver far more than any of the other titles offered, the “best of the best” of Space Time Studios."

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/830/feature/6462

Hardcoure
07-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Thanks! I forgot to browse forums and Facebook while I was home with laptop.

OrFeAsGr
07-23-2012, 11:04 AM
Thank you conradin nice info i hope it will be as good as it is said!!!

awesome4132
07-24-2012, 03:24 PM
-"A step up from the rest in the series, Space Time Studios has increased their minimum specs for the first time in three years and the art looked fantastic on the demo I was handed on the Kindle Fire. A combination of cel-shading and anime art, the environments were deeper and richer, the characters looking much less pixilated on close-up. Banners swayed in the wind, lighting was more dynamic. All in all, that was an immediate impression that the game had improved graphically.
In another change from the series, combat is now active. No more target lock auto-attack. Regular attack as well as skills have to be activated. The joystick from Star Legends is retained as is the “Charge” meter from Dark Legends. Combos from Pocket Legends are back in – these are activated when playing with others.
In another improvement (right up there with the increased min specs), NPC AI has improved. They no longer stand there like rocks and let you hit them. Fernando was playing a warrior and the caster he was trying to hit kept moving back and away from him, forcing him move back up to melee range, chasing him around the dungeon. I can imagine that they will duck behind obstacles to avoid casters.

As for the story, you start off in a tavern in a village – just like a good DnD adventure, right? You learn that a dark wizard had been opening portals and releasing evil, nasty creatures. Goblins and oh my… even trolls? Will you go out like the good adventurer you are and destroy them?
Like the rest of the series, Arcane Legends sticks to the three character formula. In this case, Warrior, Sorcerer and Rogue. Skills unlock as you level as does skill points that you can allocate. The destructible treasure chests remain – heck there were treasure “lockers” in Star Legends. There is a “lobby” area, and that is the tavern and village, but all other areas, outdoors or dungeon are instanced. As you level up and move from world area to world area, the story will be revealed as you go.
If you have an account for one of the games, you will automatically have an account for any of the others, and the game is accessible on iOS, Android or Chrome Browser. Unfortunately, coin is tied to storefront and in order to keep things simple and separate, is not transferable between accounts.
I asked Fernando if this was going to be as tough as Star Legends and he laughed, agreeing with my assessment of the previous title. “Star Legends was just hard!” he agreed. “We actually lowered the difficulty level from 1 to 10!” Space Time Studios does learn, he assured me, which was why he was speaking of “best practices” in his presentation.
Players who have not tried the games will find them familiar and fans of the series and the fantasy medieval setting will find Arcane Legends a real treat. A better, richer game, Arcane Legends will deliver far more than any of the other titles offered, the “best of the best” of Space Time Studios."

there are screenshots?
:disillusionment:

ImHawk
07-24-2012, 03:46 PM

Lolz.. the comments in the link u posted were all hating@.@

Popular
07-25-2012, 01:35 AM
Lolz.. the comments in the link u posted were all hating@.@

I just noticed that too :P

starmania
07-25-2012, 07:20 PM
I was reading and got a level 20 in dl 2 71s in pl and a 41 in sl if there is a demo can some one please post it so I can check it out please

ImHawk
07-25-2012, 07:28 PM
I was reading and got a level 20 in dl 2 71s in pl and a 41 in sl if there is a demo can some one please post it so I can check it out please
I'm quite sure there was a post about testing the game out in Spacetimes office if you were able to come .. in texaa