PDA

View Full Version : Luck in the game...

Ihavenokills
07-22-2012, 02:47 PM
Okay. This was a huge controversy in the past with rumors going around about doing certain patterns in a zone or not doing specific things in order to receive a good drop at the boss. I'm starting to see it circulate again around black star especially with the newer players in the game i haven't seen before. I've gotten kicked from quite a few games already on my alt for opening bonus room doors with people saying something like they have to remake now cause the drop is ruined. This is NOT true. Opening bonus doors, chests, and finishing quests in the zone does NOT affect the outcome of a boss drop in any way or form. It's a rumor/myth started by people that did a certain thing in a zone and just happened to get a decent drop.

The only thing that alters the drop whatsoever is...
- The luck vanity
- Any kind of luck enhancer.

That's it. No patterns, tricks, dancing before you get to the boss, nothing like that.

Awesome.

Have any crazy magical steps to do before you get to a boss for a good drop? post it below

Katar - I thought if you walked approx. 4,394 paces to the left of the boss you get a pink.

Urqui - Long story short, if you can't get to asia, your not getting pinks

Deathpunch - Must be on can, at work.

Kanozaki - Must wave and dance

Cahaun - You have a higher chance at getting better loot if you are dead or in the middle of chat

PianoWizzy - Eating chips irl while farming.

Paar - Wearing your panties on your head while singing 21 Guns. Heard that from a friend... He got xrays.

Akfury - Naked runs always work

Lavalamp - Go to edge of volcano, throw device in, if it comes back you will get a pink. Also heard riding a bike with no handle bars helps.

Kenzor - You need to have a certain amount of stims, and be standing on the left side of the boss

Garvhoz - Say DERP in capital letters when you enter a game and friend request everybody under 3 seconds you get a yellow, green, purple, and pink, but if you manage to say herp after all of the derp and friend request you get 50 pinks.

Rawrimafish - you have to wear the most expensive set (and a gun of any type) and most expensive vanity. then go to boss and insult it and kill and u get a pink... (WARNING: DO NOT TRY) <---why...?

Drewcapu - Higher chance at pink if you let the queen reset 4 times with less than 10% health left!

MorewizardForums - You have to put a bannana on your forehead and say the alphabet Backwards 37.88 Seconds before killing the boss.

Zaonabiuibil - You sit on your head, and spam pink everyone 29.07 seconds throughout the map. It works! (maybe;)) - Has been also told that "No xp gain means no good loot" on his level 41, and was kicked from the game.

eugene9707 - best way, smash your head against the keyboard when fighting the queen, and don't stop until the queen is dead, 100% guaranteed, if it doesn't work you must of done something wrong. Only works in chrome.

Exion - you have to have the daily quest or else you won't go to the secret room in the hive.

Flashbackflip - i think your good karma multiplies and when it reaches some point - you get a drop! I like this myth

Kaytar
07-22-2012, 02:51 PM
I thought if you walked approx. 4,394 paces to the left of the boss you get a pink. :rolleyes:

Ihavenokills
07-22-2012, 02:52 PM
I thought if you walked approx. 4,394 paces to the left of the boss you get a pink. :rolleyes:

you just gave me an awesome idea sir

mycroftxxx
07-22-2012, 02:58 PM
Well, in PL (AO?), the level of the items dropped depends on the players present, IIRC. But certainly not opening a chest.

Flowman
07-22-2012, 03:03 PM
I get booted from games for using the luck elixir...some people out of pure jealousy and others because they said it would ruin their chance for a good drop.
Little do they know that I've used 13 luck elixirs and have so far gotten only 1 of the lower valued pinks.

Ihavenokills
07-22-2012, 03:04 PM
its the same in sl but im talking about boss drops for rare items.

Ihavenokills
07-22-2012, 03:04 PM
I get booted from games for using the luck elixir...some people out of pure jealousy and others because they said it would ruin their chance for a good drop.
Little do they know that I've used 13 luck elixirs and have so far gotten only 1 of the lower valued pinks.

in the hive?

Urqui
07-22-2012, 03:07 PM
There's also another way:)
Travel to Asia. Talk to the locals at the base of the Himalayas' tallest mountain and receive a small ritual dagger. Then you must climb to the peak where there is a small temple. You must fight off 2 temple monks using nothing but a piece of string. ONLY after beating these monks you receive the monk's finest goat. Then you take this fine goat to the temple's altar and sacrifice it with the dagger you got from te locals at the base of the mountain. After doing all this you go back home play SL and TADA a pink drop guaranteed
This is what Gibber did:o

results may vary

All jokes aside... I did about 12-15 runs and used 3 Miners & only saw 1 pink drop(Tempest Coil) and it wasn't even for me:( BUT we did open the chests & killed queen first before clearing the other bugs in the room.
So nokills is totally right! It doesnt matter what you do or dont do. Pinks will drop whenever they want to drop:p

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Well, I've gotten one pink, a chrome phoenix of dark matter, from the hive. While I was on the can at work. You should be on the can at work to get a pink.

-----
NOTE TO READER: This post should most likely be read with a sarcastic tone.

Kanozaki
07-22-2012, 03:12 PM
Dont forget that if you use the wave + Dance emote it almost guarantees your a pink !

Cahaun
07-22-2012, 03:27 PM
You have a higher chance at getting better loot if you are dead or in the middle of chat!

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 03:29 PM
You have a higher chance at getting better loot if you are dead or in the middle of chat!

Not true! I was dead AND chatting and got nothing! NOTHING!

-----

KillaSkillz
07-22-2012, 05:18 PM
Well, I've gotten one pink, a chrome phoenix of dark matter, from the hive. While I was on the can at work. You should be on the can at work to get a pink.

-----

I bet you proclaimed "HOLY CRAP!!" Lol

I don't think the people that believe in these superstitions use the forum, otherwise we wouldn't have this thread.

I only join pick up games when i'm on a miners because of the haters that boot.. karma bro what goes around comes around eventually.

Those same people are probably the ones complaining that they don't get good drops, and its probably because they are so busy booting people they aren't shooting anything!

PianoWizzy
07-22-2012, 05:32 PM
Well I haven't gotten a pink from the hive but my first pink drop was a razer in Shipyard. I was eating chips.

I swear that's it and now I eat chips while farming always.

Paar
07-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Wearing your panties on your head while singing 21 Guns. Heard that from a friend... He got xrays.

akfury
07-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Naked runs always work !...

Lavalamp
07-22-2012, 05:38 PM
First you must go to the edge of an active volcano. Throw your device in, I'd and only IF it comes back you may get a pink. I also heard riding a bike with no handle bars helps...

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 05:48 PM
Wearing your panties on your head while singing 21 Guns. Heard that from a friend... He got xrays.

Xrays aren't pink. Duh?

-----

mycroftxxx
07-22-2012, 06:08 PM
I've seen a few people who believed the box/pink theory so much that, even after doing the entire rest of the run, they'd bail just before the boss if someone opened the boxes! I bet the fact that they'll only ever see a pink with the boxes closed (if that ever happens) will be counted as “evidence”…

Ghostsmacker
07-22-2012, 06:41 PM
In a Hive run I saw someone get a pink from the boss with boxes opened(no luck enchancers).

Deathpunch
07-22-2012, 06:45 PM
In a Hive run I saw someone get a pink from the boss with boxes opened(no luck enchancers).

Yep, swimmingstar got a pink drop last night in the hive and I know for a fact the boxes were opened because I opened them.

-----
Sent from my Nexus 7

Flowman
07-22-2012, 06:55 PM
in the hive?

yes

Kenzor
07-22-2012, 07:03 PM
You need to have a certain amount of stims, and be standing on the left side of the boss :D

Garvhoz
07-22-2012, 07:04 PM
I heard that if say derp in capital letters when you enter a game and friend request everybody under 3 seconds you get a yellow, green, purple, and pink, but if you manage to say herp after all of the derp and friend request you get 50 pinks.

PianoWizzy
07-22-2012, 07:09 PM
I heard that if say derp in capital letters when you enter a game and friend request everybody under 3 seconds you get a yellow, green, purple, and pink, but if you manage to say herp after all of the derp and friend request you get 50 pinks.

http://1mut.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/seems-legit-meme-collection-1mut.com-18.png

Prestige
07-22-2012, 07:14 PM
Funniest comment I heard was from a so called "adult" when I opened the boxes near the queen : "I have been an engineer for 35 years. We don't believe in superstition. But we hold genesis in rumors (opening boxes ruin the pinks from dropping)".

Ihavenokills
07-22-2012, 07:26 PM
some of these made me lol hahah

Paar
07-22-2012, 07:26 PM

Xrays aren't pink. Duh?

-----

Did I say Xrays? I meant Nova, Stunt Harness, Vular Squishers, and The Thinker all in one boss.

Ihavenokills
07-22-2012, 07:30 PM
paar just wanted to step it up and release his method for xrays thats all.

Paar
07-22-2012, 07:37 PM
:) Glad to be of assistance.

Flashgunner
07-22-2012, 08:02 PM
lolz

Ciroc
07-22-2012, 10:06 PM
people believe anything

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 04:20 PM
Newest thing i'm being told now is leave the queen last for better drops. The "don't open boxes" one is still popular though.

Rawrimafish
07-23-2012, 04:24 PM
you have to wear the most expensive set (and a gun of any type) and most expensive vanity. then go to boss and insult it and kill and u get a pink... (WARNING: DO NOT TRY)

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 04:36 PM
All jokes aside... I did about 12-15 runs and used 3 Miners & only saw 1 pink drop(Tempest Coil) and it wasn't even for me:( BUT we did open the chests & killed queen first before clearing the other bugs in the room.
So nokills is totally right! It doesnt matter what you do or dont do. Pinks will drop whenever they want to drop:p

Did this pink happen to drop to a person named bandaid?

drewcapu
07-23-2012, 04:48 PM
Higher chance at pink if you let the queen reset 4 times with less than 10% health left!

Exion
07-23-2012, 05:58 PM
I am having so much fun opening the boxes in the hive.. I've been called just about every insult you can imagine.. LOVE it :)

Ihavenokills
07-23-2012, 06:31 PM
I am having so much fun opening the boxes in the hive.. I've been called just about every insult you can imagine.. LOVE it :)

lol i do it out of spite :devilish:

mycroftxxx
07-24-2012, 02:04 AM
Newest thing i'm being told now is leave the queen last for better drops. The "don't open boxes" one is still popular though.
Yah, that's a great one… everyone ignore the queen… hey, that operative must suck, he got killed by the queen.

mycroftxxx
07-24-2012, 02:06 AM
Did this pink happen to drop to a person named bandaid?
I was in a run with Bandaid (at level 35, playing better than most 40s) when he(?) got a pink. He claimed it was only his 4th Hive run, and he(?) was potted.

TsunamiTheClown
07-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Want Pinks faster??? Rush da baws.

Want guaranteed Pinks??? AH. :)

Rittik
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM
the steps to get faster pinks:-
#1) Grab Your Music player
#2) Obviously start a JB song
#3) Then open SL and start a run
#4) Never spoke a word while in run
#5) get drops from Boss!

Ihavenokills
07-24-2012, 04:51 PM
I was in a run with Bandaid (at level 35, playing better than most 40s) when he(?) got a pink. He claimed it was only his 4th Hive run, and he(?) was potted.

yeah im bandaid lol. and yes, was my 4th run with pot AND i broke the rules and opened the boxes (which is why im saying "see lmao") what did i get? a 600k pink drop. there goes that theory out the door lol

the steps to get faster pinks:-
#1) Grab Your Music player
#2) Obviously start a JB song
#3) Then open SL and start a run
#4) Never spoke a word while in run
#5) get drops from Boss!

your method doesnt give pinks, just drops? D': awwhhh

mycroftxxx
07-24-2012, 05:05 PM
yeah im bandaid lol. and yes, was my 4th run with pot AND i broke the rules and opened the boxes (which is why im saying "see lmao") what did i get? a 600k pink drop. there goes that theory out the door lol
Haha, that explains it. I was wondering how a level 35 was kicking so much butt.

Ihavenokills
07-24-2012, 07:05 PM
worked for me. AH gave me a pink right away!

Garvhoz
08-03-2012, 01:40 AM

LOL

donzai
08-03-2012, 12:57 PM
So u mean u r getting pink wif some kind of glitch or just luck... Or portions mb...

Sent from my Galaxy Note.

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 02:08 PM
So u mean u r getting pink wif some kind of glitch or just luck... Or portions mb...

no we're getting pinks with normal gameplay. no special patterns or glitches in the game.

donzai
08-03-2012, 03:10 PM
no we're getting pinks with normal gameplay. no special patterns or glitches in the game.

Oh... Nice... Btw i never got any pink drop since jan... Although never used any enhancer or luck... Does little luck vanity makes any diffrence now...

Ihavenokills
08-03-2012, 04:08 PM
Oh... Nice... Btw i never got any pink drop since jan... Although never used any enhancer or luck... Does little luck vanity makes any diffrence now...

as far as i know (since ive missed that event T_T) it helps very little.

SkillFullGamer
08-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Lolz...dumb tricks O.o...

MorewizardForums
08-04-2012, 10:03 AM
You have to put a bannana on your forehead and say the alphabet Backwards 37.88 Seconds before killing the boss.

donzai
08-05-2012, 02:29 PM
You have to put a bannana on your forehead and say the alphabet Backwards 37.88 Seconds before killing the boss.

Great idea.. Why dnt u try it out for me then... Mb u will start putting some screenshots of the same then... Wierdo...

Ihavenokills
08-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Great idea.. Why dnt u try it out for me then... Mb u will start putting some screenshots of the same then... Wierdo...

it was a joke...smh

Zaonabiuibil
08-05-2012, 05:24 PM
You sit on your head, and spam pink everyone 29.07 seconds throughout the map. It works! (maybe ;))

donzai
08-06-2012, 04:52 PM
it was a joke...smh

I knw... I wasnt serious either...

eugene9707
08-06-2012, 05:03 PM
best way, smash your head against the keyboard when fighting the queen, and don't stop until the queen is dead, 100% guaranteed, if u don't , u must did something wrong XD
ps only work on Chrome

mycroftxxx
08-06-2012, 05:42 PM
best way, smash your head against the keyboard when fighting the queen, and don't stop until the queen is dead, 100% guaranteed, if u don't , u must did something wrong XD
ps only work on Chrome
I think you mean this (http://www.newwaveinstruments.com/humor/misc/computer_grief.htm).

eugene9707
08-06-2012, 08:19 PM
I think you mean this (http://www.newwaveinstruments.com/humor/misc/computer_grief.htm).

pretty much XD

Ark
08-07-2012, 04:52 AM
Geez.. It only works if you run in with all the mobs attacking you while you're naked with a level 1 weapon (I prefer a pistol) AND listening to opera and hardcore rock music at the same time.. Gosh, don't you guys know that? I got a bunch of pinks that way! (maybe...)

OH YEAH! if you want the chamber (extra room) you have to make sure you walk your dog (he/she has to be a mix breed of a golden lab and a chihuahua) before you join a run and you have to make your dog take a poopie on a street light pole (possible? Yes feed your dog something that would give him/her go machine gun on the pole..) or you pick up the poop with your face and wipe it on the pole, whatever works for you.. AND if you don't have a dog, then YOU better go buy/adopt one :)! It totally works! (or am I lying? Nahh you should try it ;))

Ark
08-07-2012, 05:02 AM
Higher chance at pink if you let the queen reset 4 times with less than 10% health left!

That's for sure an operative's job ;) lol

I try killing the queen first so I can get my drop and just leave lol..

Exion
08-07-2012, 05:45 AM
Well.. killing the queen last isn't so bad atm since you need to kill everything in order to drop down into the secret lvl.

Ps: great looking Sig ark.

Ihavenokills
08-07-2012, 07:09 AM
Geez.. It only works if you run in with all the mobs attacking you while you're naked with a level 1 weapon (I prefer a pistol) AND listening to opera and hardcore rock music at the same time.. Gosh, don't you guys know that? I got a bunch of pinks that way! (maybe...)

OH YEAH! if you want the chamber (extra room) you have to make sure you walk your dog (he/she has to be a mix breed of a golden lab and a chihuahua) before you join a run and you have to make your dog take a poopie on a street light pole (possible? Yes feed your dog something that would give him/her go machine gun on the pole..) or you pick up the poop with your face and wipe it on the pole, whatever works for you.. AND if you don't have a dog, then YOU better go buy/adopt one :)! It totally works! (or am I lying? Nahh you should try it ;))

so much copying and pasting is required for this... >_<

Exion
08-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Got a new one.. you have to have the daily quest or else you won't go to the secret room.

oddie
08-13-2012, 03:14 PM
No, its true...even u use luck vanity and minner luck, if u open bonuses door or chest, u will not ever got any good item from bosses drop.
But its not true for get vanity. Even u open bonusses door and box, u still can get vanity even u not use luck vanity or minner luck.
Thats my experience all this time lol

oddie
08-13-2012, 03:20 PM
Dont talk about hive lol, its error update, u know.....anyone get a pink without enchancer.....any level...thats a hugh error from STS lol....

Ihavenokills
08-13-2012, 03:44 PM
No, its true...even u use luck vanity and minner luck, if u open bonuses door or chest, u will not ever got any good item from bosses drop.
But its not true for get vanity. Even u open bonusses door and box, u still can get vanity even u not use luck vanity or minner luck.
Thats my experience all this time lol

Mogunsforme
08-14-2012, 10:47 AM
Believe it or not ive always seen better drops while on elixer when running with low levels.

Ihavenokills
08-14-2012, 09:28 PM
The only thing that alters the drop whatsoever is...
- The luck vanity
- Any kind of luck enhancer.

Believe it or not ive always seen better drops while on elixer when running with low levels.

>_>

Kanozaki
08-15-2012, 05:52 AM
To every one who thinks Doing some mumbo jumbo will work.stop deluding your self , only thing that can change your loot is a re roll. Stop wasting your Time and the time of others by this nonsense .

Side note : apparently you can get booted for not having miners luck ...

Fairy
08-15-2012, 05:55 AM
:highly_amused:

KillaSkillz
08-15-2012, 06:33 AM
I been booted for using miners, I been booted for not using miners.

I been booted for opening boxes and been asked "what are you poor" while wearing my xrays, with my zevon, both of which, ,,,, I got from a box :)

I been booted for telling someone they are a bully for telling people not to open boxes or doors then they verbally abuse someone that does it anyways. So I tell them how I really feel about their behavior and get booted.

I been booted for using my bigger luck and told before they boot me "you ruin our chance to get a drop"

I am starting a new myth, this one is "if you boot someone it changes the loot table, giving the booter unsellable junk instead"
You know karma and all. Lol!

Kanozaki
08-15-2012, 10:22 AM
Lol karma I like that .

Person A: let's boot him , he's afk
Person B: dude no ! Karma !
Person C: back !
Person C received a x - ray visor
Person B: **** **** ***
Person B has left the zone

Ihavenokills
08-15-2012, 09:10 PM
I been booted for using miners, I been booted for not using miners.

I been booted for opening boxes and been asked "what are you poor" while wearing my xrays, with my zevon, both of which, ,,,, I got from a box :)

I been booted for telling someone they are a bully for telling people not to open boxes or doors then they verbally abuse someone that does it anyways. So I tell them how I really feel about their behavior and get booted.

I been booted for using my bigger luck and told before they boot me "you ruin our chance to get a drop"

I am starting a new myth, this one is "if you boot someone it changes the loot table, giving the booter unsellable junk instead"
You know karma and all. Lol!

lol wow

Ihavenokills
08-25-2012, 06:32 PM
been kicked for being an op today. thats a new one lol

Zaonabiuibil
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
been kicked for being an op today. thats a new one lol

I was kicked for being lv41 once.

Ihavenokills
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM
I was kicked for being lv41 once.

what was there wild accusations on the rumor?

Zaonabiuibil
08-25-2012, 08:10 PM
what was there wild accusations on the rumor?

"No xp gain means no good loot"

Mitchturbo
08-26-2012, 01:11 AM
"No xp gain means no good loot"Lol its true! true I tell ya!

I only got three Priest vests using my lvl 41 XD

Ihavenokills
08-26-2012, 02:08 AM
"No xp gain means no good loot"

rofl.. i'm def adding that to the list.

iAmPain
08-31-2012, 05:02 AM
Free bump ;)

Just wanted everyone to take a peek at it.. nothin more then that.

(Well I lied.. Ill tell ya the truth then! :/

Yes your'e right, I've been booted again for opening boxes for vanity and a better loot)

gwrr :mad:

flashbackflip
08-31-2012, 03:33 PM
Speaking about karma..

I got squid dropped on Numa not when i was hunting it, but when i was helping my guildies level faster so we can do guild runs @ new campaign..

Seems like it might be true ;)

Btw, napalm is perfect for powerlvling .. Love its smell in the morning..

akfury
08-31-2012, 03:49 PM
Speaking about karma..

I got squid dropped on Numa not when i was hunting it, but when i was helping my guildies level faster so we can do guild runs @ new campaign..

congrats bro !

ill give you a cookie for the squid ;) ;) *hint hint nudge nudge*

Ihavenokills
09-01-2012, 12:29 PM
Speaking about karma..

psh i've ran that map countless times and i still have no luck on it haha. i gave up a long time ago

Ihavenokills
09-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Free bump ;)

Just wanted everyone to take a peek at it.. nothin more then that.

(Well I lied.. Ill tell ya the truth then! :/

Yes your'e right, I've been booted again for opening boxes for vanity and a better loot)

gwrr :mad:

rumors and myths still going around eh? and thanks for the bump :]

flashbackflip
09-01-2012, 02:16 PM
psh i've ran that map countless times and i still have no luck on it haha. i gave up a long time ago

I was never running those maps to hunt a vanity - i just think it's not possible to 'hunt' - pure luck nothing more.. So i'm on those maps only to help low level friends or guildies.. But even running with them i never thought about getting a van..

So, back to the rumor part of the topic: i think your good karma multiplies and when it reaches some point - you get a drop!

Trust me. This IS true

Ihavenokills
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
i think your good karma multiplies and when it reaches some point - you get a drop!

Trust me. This IS true

hm i can live with this rumor :D