PDA

View Full Version : Confusion of Reputation

Worship
07-23-2012, 03:12 PM
Hello! :D You know who here (Worship in case you didn't know who) with a few questions/problems. Hopefully you fellow forumers can answer/solve this for me! ;)

First off, reputation:

1.What is the difference between power and points?
2.What does more power/points do?

Now some others:

3.a.What are the little green bars over on the left side there by the names.
3.b.How do i get more bars?
4.How do get 'promoted' to forum adept/senior member etc.

5.How do I see who posted this about my signature?:

Haha lots of questions, hoping for lots of answers ;)

Urqui
07-23-2012, 03:19 PM
If someone gives you reputation(the green thumbs up) you can't see who it was from :o lol it's anonymous
You may never know who liked your sig D:
If someone thanked you(gray thumbs up saying thanks) you can see who thanked you
Points is how much reputation YOU have received. Power is is how much reputation you can give somebody if you give them the green thumbs up lol

I THINK you get more rep points on the number of posts you have. Not too sure on that though D:

Late
07-23-2012, 03:21 PM
When u get promoted to to other titles is how many posts u have

Worship
07-23-2012, 03:22 PM
If someone gives you reputation(the green thumbs up) you can't see who it was from :o lol it's anonymous
You may never know who liked your sig D:
If someone thanked you(gray thumbs up saying thanks) you can see who thanked you

So does the green thumb and the 'Thanks' button do different things? Will the green thumb make the little green bars go up?

Skeletonlord
1. Power is reputation you give and points is what you receive.
2. More points increases your reputation, and power just shows how many times you have thanked users.
3a. The green bars is your reputation level. The more you have, the more your reputation will be.
3b. The more times you are thanked, the more bars you will get.
4. To get promoted in user rank, it is based on your post count. The more posts the higher your user title will be.

Can you explain 5. to me again?

Hope this helps!

Worship
When u get promoted to to other titles is how many posts u have

Thank you. Ill be sure to thank you guys tomorrow when i get my # of thanks back (ran out today :D)

Worship
07-23-2012, 03:28 PM
2. More points increases your reputation, and power just shows how many times you have thanked users.
3a. The green bars is your reputation level. The more you have, the more your reputation will be.
4. To get promoted in user rank, it is based on your post count. The more posts the higher your user title will be.

Hope this helps!
That did help indeed! Thank you!
For #5:
Someone (idk who) said that about my signature^^ "I love your sig xD"
and when i press the link in the box, it just takes me to the thread.

^^There. I just wanted to see who posted it so i can give them a thankful letter :D

Worship
07-23-2012, 03:44 PM
Lol! xD
It takes you to that page because someone on THAT thread gave you reputation

I know :D
What I wanted to know was WHO said it ;)

EDIT: I am a Forum Adept now *Big grin*

Blind
07-23-2012, 05:47 PM
Your sig definitely rocks, that guy is out of his breath haha

Late
07-23-2012, 05:57 PM

Hope this helps!

Deserved a thank, very detailed ;)