PDA

View Full Version : Cs prices are baffiling to me .

Killriffic
07-23-2012, 03:15 PM
I can not be the only one who think that cs price is ridiclous ever since humania . There prices on items have shot down so much so people trying to sell items are now at a loss from people posting ridiclously low or high prices so now what used to be good prices are now worthless, what do yall think off em ?

Worship
07-23-2012, 03:17 PM
I did not understand about 50% of your grammar there^^
but it is just simple economics..

Cahaun
07-23-2012, 03:18 PM
CS prices were already baffling to me before and after Humania (Somethings just never change to me)

Chopper
07-23-2012, 03:27 PM
New items seem to cause a huge inflation of prices until they become more common. The problem is that, with all the new items, people are hitting the gold cap more and more, making each new item brought out seemingly even more expensive. Just a glut of items overpriced in the several millions. OBD diamonds are a great example. They came out at $4M and will continue to slide down in price. With the Crafted items hitting the cap, just wait until the Elite items come along and push the crafted items' prices down.

xcainnblecterx
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
I say more people selling sets and items lower then usual to make fast cash so that they can get the new items cause "everybody wants one"

Appleisaac
07-23-2012, 03:30 PM
It's impossible to have enough cash to buy decent items unless you spend all your time merching or all your time farming :-P

nazgulking
07-23-2012, 03:34 PM
It's impossible to have enough cash to buy decent items unless you spend all your time merching or all your time farming :-P

This is not true.

I have never been farming seriously from the sewer times and was always able to buy a set for all my chars.
And this keeping into consideration that I don't merch at all.
This does not deny that the prices in cs are outrageous...

Killriffic
07-23-2012, 03:34 PM
agreed i think they should make it easyier to make more money with out buying it

Appleisaac
07-23-2012, 03:37 PM
agreed i think they should make it easyier to make more money with out buying it

That's impossible :-/. You can't prevent inflation can you? Unless they made fixed prices like in runescape's market, but that would ruin cs.

Patricks
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
Stuff got way cheaper because of the new diamond quest. That's the main reason.

Killriffic
07-23-2012, 03:50 PM
That's impossible :-/. You can't prevent inflation can you? Unless they made fixed prices like in runescape's market, but that would ruin cs.

True thats what sucks you cant stop the Inflation without ruining the poit i just thing its ridiclous

Energizeric
07-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Prices are determined by supply and demand. If you think prices on an item are too high, then buy a different item.

Chopper
07-23-2012, 03:58 PM
i guess they could lower the gold cap to, say 6M, which would have an effect of limiting the prices to that somewhat.

Worship
07-23-2012, 04:07 PM
There needs no changing in the PL market!

(So many people without Avatars.. am i the only one who noticed?)

Intenze
07-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Prices just move with the market... Simple as that. If it seems like the market is under pricing items, then just buy them up and wait for the market to correct. If it is over priced, then just sell anything you get and again, wait for the market to correct to buy it back.

If you are not insistent on having the best items immediately, and not opposed to investing money and wait for prices to return, you'll be fine. The key is whether or not prices are actually off. If you are wrong, you'll lose big.

Ixillicus
07-23-2012, 06:58 PM
It's normal fluctuation of the market. With the amount of gold in the game ever-increasing, inflation is inevitable.

With regards to prices changing, this happens every new cap. The items are initially worth a lot and people who can afford pay high price, low supply and high demand. As demand at that price falls, so does the price until it reaches a new equilibrium. This will happen until the price stablilizes at a low point.

With respect to other items, when people need cash to buy the new expensive gear, they begin to sell their other stuff. With many people doing this the prices will fall. The longer the cap is out, this trend will reverse. People stop buying end game gear and invest in other items, thus the demand becomes higher than the supply again and prices go up.

This up and down fluctuation has happened for a while, and will continue to happen with each new lelevel cap.

Energizeric
07-23-2012, 08:02 PM
i guess they could lower the gold cap to, say 6M, which would have an effect of limiting the prices to that somewhat.

This would just create problems in the market. Just like the dragon sets now, people just hoard them instead of selling since you can't sell for higher than gold cap. If gold cap was even lower, you can expect that dragon items will never be up for sale, and also some other items as well.

Livemau
07-23-2012, 08:14 PM
i almost never buy items from the cs unless its something cheap i need fast
i like to pm the seller with a more reasonable offer
usually theres multiple sellers so pm them all and get the best price possible
when i post in cs its always 25% off the next guy cuz i hate selling i just want that junk out of my stash

LwMark
07-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Cs to me , is if your desperate , i NEVER buy ANYTHING from it unless i need and really cant find , but before then ill pm the seller or sellers who have listed. Other then that i just buy from people standin in cs or around towns.

Also if the gold cap was lower why would dragon peices be lower?

Yes ik a bunch of merchs who just hoard alot of peices an wait til there desperate an just upcharge the heck out of it. Thats just controlling the cs. The one thing i hate about is when i need to buy somethin an their like well cs i x amount and im just like omg that item is so much cheaper lol :)

Livemau
07-23-2012, 08:35 PM
and im just like omg that item is so much cheaper

am i the only that read this in the stereotypical teenage girl voice

xcainnblecterx
07-23-2012, 09:25 PM
If you buy gold with plat then you must be rich in rl cause for 200–250k it costs 700 plat. I 800 plat costs you around 80$ I think. I so to spend $80 in rl for only 200–250k in game seems very ridiculous to me. I think I need figure out the merching business maybe the merchants offering to buy pinks 50% or more off from you are pretty smart lol

LwMark
07-23-2012, 10:28 PM
If you buy gold with plat then you must be rich in rl cause for 200–250k it costs 700 plat. I 800 plat costs you around 80$ I think. I so to spend $80 in rl for only 200–250k in game seems very ridiculous to me. I think I need figure out the merching business maybe the merchants offering to buy pinks 50% or more off from you are pretty smart lol

I dont think many people do this unless they are very desperate in gold which ive heard only one case

@livemau i read it in a stereo typical chainsmkr voice who been to prison for 18years

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Well those many who don't do it, I definitely don't blame them. I'm amazed diamonds are still high price also, I guess some would prefer to buy Em then do the quest faster at least lol

Elitephonix
07-24-2012, 04:18 AM
When cs goes "poo-poo," It's means more MOENY for the Moo-moo

Otukura
07-24-2012, 05:26 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40244-A-Gold-Sink

Those aren't even merchants, they're spammers who hope for a deal that they'll never get.

Cobraguy
07-24-2012, 05:43 AM
http://www.spacetimestudios.com/showthread.php?40244-A-Gold-Sink

Those aren't even merchants, they're spammers who hope for a deal that they'll never get.

+1
=)

xcainnblecterx
07-24-2012, 08:07 AM
I agree there spammers and annoying but if they never get a good deal like that wouldn't they shut up eventually?

Phoenixking
07-24-2012, 10:19 AM
+1
=)
+2 useless post
=3

@xcainnblecterx
they don't know when to give up

Rauekat
07-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Love the word....baffling!

Otukura
07-24-2012, 04:00 PM
I agree there spammers and annoying but if they never get a good deal like that wouldn't they shut up eventually?

One person does it, others see them doing it, and they copy that first person.

Killriffic
07-24-2012, 09:31 PM
Well those many who don't do it, I definitely don't blame them. I'm amazed diamonds are still high price also, I guess some would prefer to buy Em then do the quest faster at least lol

But there down what 600k thats what almost all items need to do

IanJones
07-24-2012, 09:36 PM
I did not understand about 50% of your grammar there^^
but it is just simple economics..

Thank you Worship, I try to tell people all the time that it's just like the economy and they think I'm crazy. More pinks drop, supply increases, prices drop. The demand for the greatest pinks causes their prices to be the highest.